Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Splitting the Forum? 15:26 - Jul 23 with 10305 viewsJezHoops

The forum seems very clogged up these days. To find something QPR related amongst the music, politics, nostalgia and general griping is getting more difficult. It isn’t surprising that topics get repeated as there are so many threads.
Other fan sites split own team (QPR) matters, Football topics and other general threads . Have we reached the point where that should happen here.
I appreciate the irony in a thread about too many threads.
1
Splitting the Forum? on 19:47 - Jul 23 with 3013 viewsCiderwithRsie

Splitting the Forum? on 19:24 - Jul 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Can't believe the football's clogging the forum up when I just want to read about old shite...


Yeah, I'm a traditionalist: football is a winter sport, July and August should be left as the old shite season.
1
Splitting the Forum? on 19:56 - Jul 23 with 2979 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Splitting the Forum? on 19:47 - Jul 23 by CiderwithRsie

Yeah, I'm a traditionalist: football is a winter sport, July and August should be left as the old shite season.


The game's gone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

1
Splitting the Forum? on 20:24 - Jul 23 with 2888 viewsSonic_Hoop

Splitting the Forum? on 19:24 - Jul 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Can't believe the football's clogging the forum up when I just want to read about old shite...


From Crapgpt.

Old Shite was the original name for the aftershave Old Spice. Advertised by Henry Cooper with the phrase "crap it all over".
3
Splitting the Forum? on 21:01 - Jul 23 with 2791 viewsR_from_afar

If recent seasons are anything to go by, there will definitely be a point in this coming season when many of us will be absolutely desperate to find some non-QPR content .

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

3
Splitting the Forum? on 08:33 - Jul 24 with 2561 viewsDorse

Splitting the Forum? on 21:01 - Jul 23 by R_from_afar

If recent seasons are anything to go by, there will definitely be a point in this coming season when many of us will be absolutely desperate to find some non-QPR content .


Usually from the start of September.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

3
Splitting the Forum? on 08:47 - Jul 24 with 2541 viewsE15Hoop

Splitting the Forum? on 16:57 - Jul 23 by loftboy

Seeing as you worked for the same company as me when we were posting on rivals I would say 28 years as a minimum, I’m 60 next year so would have officially spent half my life as Loftboy, now that is worrying,


So you're telling me there's actually more than one man called Boy in the world of QPR now?!
1
Splitting the Forum? on 17:34 - Jul 24 with 2238 viewsSuperhoops2808

Splitting the Forum? on 19:37 - Jul 23 by lassel

Lads, it’s QPR…. Ben Williams will sack someone before long and we will be cooking again.


We'll expect you to come scurrying along in your eagerness to tell how you know all about it too
0
Splitting the Forum? on 23:29 - Jul 24 with 2117 viewsLeedsR

Splitting the Forum? on 16:03 - Jul 23 by PlanetHonneywood

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

To be honest, given how challenging the world is these days, shirley this is not an issue Rfosi need to get their boxers snarled up over. Our focus and energies must be on what we all need to do to secure 14th place....or maybe....wait for it...even higher!!!


Agree with your initial points BUT!!!

14th or higher?!?!? Are you mad?!?! 😜😜😜

Ah, we do have to dream. (No splitting for me fwiw!)
0
Login to get fewer ads

Splitting the Forum? on 06:48 - Jul 25 with 1987 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Splitting the Forum? on 23:29 - Jul 24 by LeedsR

Agree with your initial points BUT!!!

14th or higher?!?!? Are you mad?!?! 😜😜😜

Ah, we do have to dream. (No splitting for me fwiw!)


Oops!

Having just re-read my post, I asked nurse to check my dosette box. Yup, I missed my meds three days ago.

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

0
Splitting the Forum? on 11:01 - Jul 25 with 1860 viewsPunteR

This message board doesn't need splitting apart from a politics one. Just stick that one in the corner of the site somewhere.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

0
Splitting the Forum? on 11:08 - Jul 25 with 1852 viewsPunteR

BTW, I've just noticed the Frankie thread has been chopped up a bit. Has half of it gone?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

0
Splitting the Forum? on 12:58 - Jul 25 with 1784 viewsDorse

Splitting the Forum? on 11:08 - Jul 25 by PunteR

BTW, I've just noticed the Frankie thread has been chopped up a bit. Has half of it gone?


They got rid of all the Cheeky Girls videos.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

2
Splitting the Forum? on 14:43 - Jul 25 with 1726 viewscolinallcars

Splitting the Forum? on 11:08 - Jul 25 by PunteR

BTW, I've just noticed the Frankie thread has been chopped up a bit. Has half of it gone?


And the Bach/Beethoven/Mozart thread seems to have vanished completely….
3
Splitting the Forum? on 15:18 - Jul 25 with 1674 viewsSydneyRs

Splitting the Forum? on 15:57 - Jul 23 by Gloucs_R

Its my only QPR outlet now as I ditched X. It must be 26 seasons at least on here

I'm now officially old!


I got rid of twitter/X during the world cup as I can't stand this new breed of TV fan who've never been near a game and think they can banter. Yanks joining in was too much, you can really see why they've struggled to make good comedy.

I may or may not get it back but can't say I've missed it.so far. Twitter was fantastic at times before politics came to the fore.
0
Splitting the Forum? on 19:51 - Jul 25 with 1585 viewsMyke

Splitting the forum? Some in favour, some against...
3
Splitting the Forum? on 21:21 - Jul 25 with 1539 viewsNorrisGreen

I don't come on here much due to clutter and verbosity. I missed a match thread once cos it was headed by what seemed to be a clue to The Times crossword rather than something succinct like QPR v Watford, Match Thread.
I'm not sure splitting the forum into QPR and NonQPR bits would work? Might sort out the clutter a tiny bit but the forum vernacular would still be there to undermine everything. May as well just leave it as is.
0
Splitting the Forum? on 22:24 - Jul 25 with 1489 viewsrbee

Keep all of the shenanigans under one roof.
0
Splitting the Forum? on 23:05 - Jul 25 with 1460 viewsSonic_Hoop

Splitting the Forum? on 22:24 - Jul 25 by rbee

Keep all of the shenanigans under one roof.


Edited for taste
[Post edited 25 Jul 23:18]
0
Splitting the Forum? on 15:01 - Jul 29 with 1042 viewsR_from_afar

Perhaps a way forward would be to aim to use "Off topic" at the start of the subject line for non-QPR threads?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

0
Splitting the Forum? on 15:49 - Jul 29 with 963 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Splitting the Forum? on 21:21 - Jul 25 by NorrisGreen

I don't come on here much due to clutter and verbosity. I missed a match thread once cos it was headed by what seemed to be a clue to The Times crossword rather than something succinct like QPR v Watford, Match Thread.
I'm not sure splitting the forum into QPR and NonQPR bits would work? Might sort out the clutter a tiny bit but the forum vernacular would still be there to undermine everything. May as well just leave it as is.


Crikey, for someone bemoaning clutter and verbosity, you used a lot of words to say: no.

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

0
Splitting the Forum? on 15:59 - Jul 29 with 951 viewsfrancisbowles

Splitting the Forum? on 15:01 - Jul 29 by R_from_afar

Perhaps a way forward would be to aim to use "Off topic" at the start of the subject line for non-QPR threads?


Yes and put the words match thread before any humourous titles.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026