| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 11:58 - Aug 30 with 26757 views | Hoopstar | Forgive me if this has already been created, scrolled down the first page and that's as far as I went. With a few QPR players out on decent loans this season, be good to keep tabs on them and any particular highs or lows. This probably harks back to my old Footy Manager days when I took in an inordinate interest in my loan system and player development. Even accused of running a puppy farm once. Who do we have out on loan/about to go out? Daniel Bennie - Dundee United (Scottish Prem) Jaylan Pearman - Swindon (League Two) Phil Sanyaolu - Bristol Rovers (League Two) Joe Walsh - Wigan (League One) Ziyad Larkeche - Barnsley (League One) Kieran Morgan - Bradford City (League One - presumably.) Harvey Boddy, Worthing, National League Cory Adjetey-Brew, Worthing, National League Jaiden Putman, Woking, National League Tylon Smith, New England Revolution, MLS Bennie is 5 games in without a goal or an assist but two yellows. Sanyaulo an unused sub yesterday. Pearman - last 15 mins of a 3-0 defeat. Was 1-0 when he came on. Walsh - WIgan seem unconvinced, and have seemingly signed a replacement as has been discussed. [Post edited 30 Aug 18:23]
|  | | |  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 22:32 - Sep 26 with 3099 views | Beckenhamhoop |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 22:02 - Sep 26 by terryb | Sorry, but you can't do that. Swindon COULD return him to Rangers, but they would still be responsible for all of the financial arrangements that are in the contract & I'm not even sure that he would be allowed to play for the Development team. Rangers can't recall him until January. [Post edited 26 Sep 22:20]
|
That why I wrote ‘by mutual consent’. Scrap the contract, no financial repercussions. End of. Tell me why that’s not possible if both clubs agree. There could be other factors at play as to why a loan player isn’t being selected rather than just not being good enough. The manager could, for example, just enjoy being a dick. [Post edited 26 Sep 22:36]
|  |
|  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 12:22 - Sep 27 with 2703 views | terryb |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 22:32 - Sep 26 by Beckenhamhoop | That why I wrote ‘by mutual consent’. Scrap the contract, no financial repercussions. End of. Tell me why that’s not possible if both clubs agree. There could be other factors at play as to why a loan player isn’t being selected rather than just not being good enough. The manager could, for example, just enjoy being a dick. [Post edited 26 Sep 22:36]
|
The reason why it's not possible for the clubs to give "mutual consent" is that it is against the rules of the EFL & the FA. Why would it even benefit Rangers to do it if that means he can only play in friendlies until January? |  | |  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 15:45 - Sep 27 with 2485 views | OldPedro | If one of the points of us loaning players is for them to prove whether or not they are good enough for our level (Championship), then the fact that he can't currently get a game at League Two suggests he isn't good enough (although it is only the end of September). However, hopefully, training at 1st team level for Swindon will be beneficial for him even if he isn't currently good enough to get into their team regularly. |  |
| Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man |
|  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 16:00 - Sep 27 with 2455 views | Dorse |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 15:45 - Sep 27 by OldPedro | If one of the points of us loaning players is for them to prove whether or not they are good enough for our level (Championship), then the fact that he can't currently get a game at League Two suggests he isn't good enough (although it is only the end of September). However, hopefully, training at 1st team level for Swindon will be beneficial for him even if he isn't currently good enough to get into their team regularly. |
Good point. Go to start somewhere. It's decent experience for him: he's with the First Team and is learning how to make his case for a starting place. What does he need to work on? How is he going to improve? |  |
| 'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!' |
|  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 16:03 - Sep 27 with 2442 views | dmm |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 15:45 - Sep 27 by OldPedro | If one of the points of us loaning players is for them to prove whether or not they are good enough for our level (Championship), then the fact that he can't currently get a game at League Two suggests he isn't good enough (although it is only the end of September). However, hopefully, training at 1st team level for Swindon will be beneficial for him even if he isn't currently good enough to get into their team regularly. |
I believe DS players at QPR regularly get to train with the first team and I'd imagine Pearman would have been one who's been included. It's first team games at loan clubs that are wanted but for whatever reason, Ollie hasn't provided many opportunities to Pearman. |  | |  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 16:11 - Sep 27 with 2418 views | connell10 | Went on a Bradford site and asked how Morgan was doing , I got one reply.....jogs around like a fairy , doesn't tackle, and needs to up his game ! Not the Morgan I remember! |  |
| AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!! | | Poll: | best number 10 ever? |
|  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 14:31 - Sep 30 with 2017 views | Superhoops2808 | Jaiden Putman being a silly boy at Woking
|  | |  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 16:02 - Oct 3 with 1615 views | Logman | Not a loan question but I've just gone on to the BBC to see if Morgan or Sanyaolu are playing for Bradford or Bristol Rovers today (to which the answer is 'no') and in the line-ups the Bradford manager is Graham Alexander and the Bristol Rovers manager is Paul Raynor. I thought Alexander had gone to Preston and the Bristol Rovers boss was Steve Evans. Have there been a couple of U-turns ? Or is it just the BBC being lazy/shite ? |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 20:57 - Oct 3 with 1322 views | CamberleyR |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 16:02 - Oct 3 by Logman | Not a loan question but I've just gone on to the BBC to see if Morgan or Sanyaolu are playing for Bradford or Bristol Rovers today (to which the answer is 'no') and in the line-ups the Bradford manager is Graham Alexander and the Bristol Rovers manager is Paul Raynor. I thought Alexander had gone to Preston and the Bristol Rovers boss was Steve Evans. Have there been a couple of U-turns ? Or is it just the BBC being lazy/shite ? |
"Or is it just the BBC being lazy/shite ?" Yes. Evans is the Rovers boss, BC have a couple of their coaches currently as caretaker. |  |
|  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 22:10 - Oct 3 with 1187 views | derbyhoop | Sanysolu came on for Bristol Rovers |  |
| "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain)
Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky |
|  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 22:20 - Oct 3 with 1166 views | cpgerber | I'm getting worried about the lads out on loan. Great loans on paper, exactly what most of us said was needed. But none of them are getting regular game time, only Danie Bennie. The rest warm the bench most of the time with the odd few minutes as a sub. Are they still settling in? What's the problem? (talking about the guys in L1 and L2... and Smith in MLS) |  | |  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 22:43 - Oct 3 with 1113 views | connell10 |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 22:20 - Oct 3 by cpgerber | I'm getting worried about the lads out on loan. Great loans on paper, exactly what most of us said was needed. But none of them are getting regular game time, only Danie Bennie. The rest warm the bench most of the time with the odd few minutes as a sub. Are they still settling in? What's the problem? (talking about the guys in L1 and L2... and Smith in MLS) |
No wonder Kolli didn't wanna go out on loan, unless your playing its a utter waste of time. |  |
| AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!! | | Poll: | best number 10 ever? |
|  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 09:23 - Oct 4 with 743 views | Dorse |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 22:20 - Oct 3 by cpgerber | I'm getting worried about the lads out on loan. Great loans on paper, exactly what most of us said was needed. But none of them are getting regular game time, only Danie Bennie. The rest warm the bench most of the time with the odd few minutes as a sub. Are they still settling in? What's the problem? (talking about the guys in L1 and L2... and Smith in MLS) |
The counter argument is that the loan clubs either: a) only brought them in as back up, or b) don't consider them to be an improvement on their existing players. Our only reasons for loaning Charles and Kamara were because they were identified as first team starters. We can't assume other clubs have made the same assessment. Another point to consider is that midfielders tend to be overstocked in most teams so Putman, Morgan and Sanyaolu are going to face more competition from established players. For example, if QPR loaned in a winger, they'd have to get past Saito, Poku, Dembele, Smyth, Chair, Vale and Scarlett before getting a first team start. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned too but I think that they'll get their opportunities across the season as injuries and rotation rear their ugly heads. [Post edited 4 Oct 9:25]
|  |
| 'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!' |
|  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 11:22 - Oct 4 with 560 views | francisbowles | Morgan at Bradford. They are top two in league one, so unless they get injuries or lose form, I can't see him getting many minutes. Think we might have to find another loan for him in January. Bristol Rovers are 5th in league 2. Sanyaolu has been on the bench for all nine of their matches, getting on three times. If Phil continues to get minutes of the bench then that is a chance for him to build on his own experience and try and break into their team. Dundee United struggling a bit in the SPL, 9th of 12, but Bennie has been on the pitch in every game with five starts and three sub appearances. He's getting a chance and he has to try and impress. Swindon 13th in league 2 and Ollie ranting as he does about being a 'dead man walking' if Town aren't top of the division and stating that they have an injury crisis. 13 players out including Pearman. Jayden, in their first three games, got a start where he was subbed at HT and two sub appearances. They were two wins and a draw in those games but in the subsequent six he has only made the bench twice and was unused. Could be another we need to find another club in January. Larkeche has an injury at Barnsley. Walsh on the bench for Wigan's last four. They are bottom of league 1. Need to try league 2 clubs in January. |  | |  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 11:26 - Oct 4 with 547 views | CiderwithRsie |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 09:23 - Oct 4 by Dorse | The counter argument is that the loan clubs either: a) only brought them in as back up, or b) don't consider them to be an improvement on their existing players. Our only reasons for loaning Charles and Kamara were because they were identified as first team starters. We can't assume other clubs have made the same assessment. Another point to consider is that midfielders tend to be overstocked in most teams so Putman, Morgan and Sanyaolu are going to face more competition from established players. For example, if QPR loaned in a winger, they'd have to get past Saito, Poku, Dembele, Smyth, Chair, Vale and Scarlett before getting a first team start. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned too but I think that they'll get their opportunities across the season as injuries and rotation rear their ugly heads. [Post edited 4 Oct 9:25]
|
If that's how the other clubs view it, then it's not working fir us and Connell's observation about Kolli is sound. If we were to loan a player from a league above us, then I expect them to be better than our current squad and to play (e.g. Charles.) If they are from a lower league and just brought on for cover then tbh I'd be looking at a cheap purchase (e.g. Calum Ward) or maybe the loan of an older player who is on his way down the pyramid as a regular starter but can still play 90 minutes on occasion and has bags of experience (e.g. Field going to Norwich.) If lower league sides are taking our young players just as cover then I don't see the benefit to either party. Our lad is keeping their kids from getting that experience of being in the squad but not getting regular game time for himself. The coaching should not be as good as ours unless we're doing something wrong. If I'm a Bradford City fan when I hear about Morgan being loaned I'm thinking "he's a product of Premier League youth coaching who at age 20 has already made almost 60 appearances in the League above us and seems well thought of by fans." AFAICT from a quick google the only midfielder they have who's played at above League 1 level as at Ipswich on loan for a season 9 years ago. I'd be expecting a cut above what I've already got, not someone to resort to if my first choice is injured or suspended. |  | |  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 13:22 - Oct 4 with 388 views | connell10 |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 11:26 - Oct 4 by CiderwithRsie | If that's how the other clubs view it, then it's not working fir us and Connell's observation about Kolli is sound. If we were to loan a player from a league above us, then I expect them to be better than our current squad and to play (e.g. Charles.) If they are from a lower league and just brought on for cover then tbh I'd be looking at a cheap purchase (e.g. Calum Ward) or maybe the loan of an older player who is on his way down the pyramid as a regular starter but can still play 90 minutes on occasion and has bags of experience (e.g. Field going to Norwich.) If lower league sides are taking our young players just as cover then I don't see the benefit to either party. Our lad is keeping their kids from getting that experience of being in the squad but not getting regular game time for himself. The coaching should not be as good as ours unless we're doing something wrong. If I'm a Bradford City fan when I hear about Morgan being loaned I'm thinking "he's a product of Premier League youth coaching who at age 20 has already made almost 60 appearances in the League above us and seems well thought of by fans." AFAICT from a quick google the only midfielder they have who's played at above League 1 level as at Ipswich on loan for a season 9 years ago. I'd be expecting a cut above what I've already got, not someone to resort to if my first choice is injured or suspended. |
Very good observation mate 👍 |  |
| AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!! | | Poll: | best number 10 ever? |
|  |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 16:42 - Oct 4 with 219 views | francisbowles |
| QPR Loan Watch 2026-27 on 11:26 - Oct 4 by CiderwithRsie | If that's how the other clubs view it, then it's not working fir us and Connell's observation about Kolli is sound. If we were to loan a player from a league above us, then I expect them to be better than our current squad and to play (e.g. Charles.) If they are from a lower league and just brought on for cover then tbh I'd be looking at a cheap purchase (e.g. Calum Ward) or maybe the loan of an older player who is on his way down the pyramid as a regular starter but can still play 90 minutes on occasion and has bags of experience (e.g. Field going to Norwich.) If lower league sides are taking our young players just as cover then I don't see the benefit to either party. Our lad is keeping their kids from getting that experience of being in the squad but not getting regular game time for himself. The coaching should not be as good as ours unless we're doing something wrong. If I'm a Bradford City fan when I hear about Morgan being loaned I'm thinking "he's a product of Premier League youth coaching who at age 20 has already made almost 60 appearances in the League above us and seems well thought of by fans." AFAICT from a quick google the only midfielder they have who's played at above League 1 level as at Ipswich on loan for a season 9 years ago. I'd be expecting a cut above what I've already got, not someone to resort to if my first choice is injured or suspended. |
It's not ideal for Morgan or our club but BC are level on points with Plymouth and have a game in hand. You don't really change a winning team unless you have to. It might have been different if he had spent preseason with them. As for Sanyaolu, Bennie and Pearman they are all young and have different levels of experience. Hence Daniel is at a higher level and involved in every game whereas Phil and Jaylan are finding it more difficult to get many minutes. |  | |  |
| |