Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back from Hull 22:35 - Mar 16 with 4749 viewsalexferguson60

A few points after the game at Hull:

1) We played better football than we did against Stoke and Rotherham. That's not saying much.
2) Giving Bowen that much room will hurt. After the first one you would have thought to close him down, but they didn't.
3) Bidwell has no confidence in Lynch whatsoever. Nor does anyone else. He was again abysmal today, save from an attacking header from a Bidwell corner that was well-saved by Marshall.
4) The away crowd at half-time was as downbeat as I have seen it. The most popular words I heard from people's mouths were: "This club's a ****ing shambles", "Get McLaren out", and "I fancy putting £10 on us to get relegated at 150/1"
5) Bringing Bright-Samuel was an excellent idea. Having a bit of a pace frightened the life out of Hull's defence, and gave us in the away end a bit of energy too. Also, the subsitution of Scowen after the injury to Freeman was actually the best thing to happen to Rangers. He was excellent. His goal was up there with Pele's cracker in 1970, and his pass to Hemed for the second was sublime - even if the ball he 'kept' in was marginal at best.
6) Eze looked like the Eze of old when he attacked the Hull defense. They didn't know how to deal with him. He could have won us the game with the free-kick that went wide off the post.
7) 8 points clear of the relegation zone. Thanks, Norwich!
Just got back from Hull on 22:50 - Mar 16 with 4653 viewsstowmarketrange

Can’t really disagree with any of that.I thought at ht that we were in for another pasting and I never saw that point coming at all.
Just got back from Hull on 23:10 - Mar 16 with 4542 viewsParkRoyalR

Bidwell has no confidence in Lynch? Is that why he stood of Bowen for first and as usual when they take him onto his right foot he nearly falls over. And as for his positioning for 2nd where he ball-watched and followed the ball to the point he was furthest right of our Back 4! I cannot mind read Bidwell unlike some but he was atrocious today and at fault for both goals. And to top it off, start blaming others for the 2nd, watch the highlights, absolute comedian.
Just got back from Hull on 23:14 - Mar 16 with 4508 viewsalexferguson60

Just got back from Hull on 23:10 - Mar 16 by ParkRoyalR

Bidwell has no confidence in Lynch? Is that why he stood of Bowen for first and as usual when they take him onto his right foot he nearly falls over. And as for his positioning for 2nd where he ball-watched and followed the ball to the point he was furthest right of our Back 4! I cannot mind read Bidwell unlike some but he was atrocious today and at fault for both goals. And to top it off, start blaming others for the 2nd, watch the highlights, absolute comedian.

Bidwell put good corners in, and Bidwell kept on coming into the centre because he was so conscious of Lynch making mistakes.
For the second, he went forward because we were in an attacking position. They broke quickly and that's why he was so far up the pitch.
He shouldn't have given Bowen the room - I agree - but I don't think that he was atrocious.
Oh, and I did watch the highlights. I had to see Scowen's majestic strike again.
Just got back from Hull on 23:30 - Mar 16 with 4430 viewsParkRoyalR

Just got back from Hull on 23:14 - Mar 16 by alexferguson60

Bidwell put good corners in, and Bidwell kept on coming into the centre because he was so conscious of Lynch making mistakes.
For the second, he went forward because we were in an attacking position. They broke quickly and that's why he was so far up the pitch.
He shouldn't have given Bowen the room - I agree - but I don't think that he was atrocious.
Oh, and I did watch the highlights. I had to see Scowen's majestic strike again.

I can't mind-read Bidwell but believe he plays narrow as he is so slow and easily beaten when he gets tight to his man.

I was yelling at him today as soon as I saw him on the wrong side of the pitch for their 2nd.

I thought his comedy defending at home to Bristol City took some topping, but his positioning for the 2nd today smashed it out of the park.

And pleased highlights picked up Lynch's excellent goaline clearance to stop it going 0-3.

Hopefully gives Jake a bit more confidence to concentrate on his own game in future and remembers what side of the pitch he is defending.

If as rumoured he is our highest paid player, I despair.
Just got back from Hull on 09:41 - Mar 17 with 3732 viewsrsonist

Just got back from Hull on 23:30 - Mar 16 by ParkRoyalR

I can't mind-read Bidwell but believe he plays narrow as he is so slow and easily beaten when he gets tight to his man.

I was yelling at him today as soon as I saw him on the wrong side of the pitch for their 2nd.

I thought his comedy defending at home to Bristol City took some topping, but his positioning for the 2nd today smashed it out of the park.

And pleased highlights picked up Lynch's excellent goaline clearance to stop it going 0-3.

Hopefully gives Jake a bit more confidence to concentrate on his own game in future and remembers what side of the pitch he is defending.

This is Westbourne v Hall levels of tenuous fixation at this point. Bidwell is not the root of all our problems.
Just got back from Hull on 09:52 - Mar 17 with 3674 viewsWatford_Ranger

The rumour you just made up?

Lynch is a disaster. Bidwell trying to cover for him and getting little help from his winger is a thankless task.
Just got back from Hull on 10:30 - Mar 17 with 3574 viewsRangersw12

Just got back from Hull on 23:10 - Mar 16 by ParkRoyalR

I thought Cameron was more at fault for the 2nd than Bidwell.
Just got back from Hull on 12:53 - Mar 17 with 3247 viewsCamberleyR

Joel! Joel!, it's you isn't it?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Just got back from Hull on 13:01 - Mar 17 with 3230 viewsdavman

Both full backs have started standing off their man in recent weeks. No idea why they do not get close to stop the cross.

... But then again, as a team, we have stopped pressuring the opposition all over the park until we are two or three behind, so maybe it's linked to confidence?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just got back from Hull on 14:51 - Mar 17 with 2980 viewsBoston

Re-running the match highlights a few times...yeah Bidders wasn't at his best for their second and I'd say Lumley wasn't too happy to let one by from that angle either.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just got back from Hull on 16:27 - Mar 18 with 2379 viewsWestbourneR

Just got back from Hull on 09:41 - Mar 17 by rsonist

This is Westbourne v Hall levels of tenuous fixation at this point. Bidwell is not the root of all our problems.

I'm pleased to see my needless fixations make a mark on some of you.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Just got back from Hull on 07:58 - Mar 19 with 1996 viewsWokingR

Just got back from Hull on 12:53 - Mar 17 by CamberleyR

Joel! Joel!, it's you isn't it?

Was just thinking this.
Someone's got some Lynch sponsored blinkers on haven't they.
Not sure how anyone can look at the first and accuse Bidwell of being out of position when he is stuck between covering 2 players all on his own.
Just got back from Hull on 08:42 - Mar 19 with 1955 viewsozexile

Just got back from Hull on 13:01 - Mar 17 by davman

Both full backs have started standing off their man in recent weeks. No idea why they do not get close to stop the cross.

... But then again, as a team, we have stopped pressuring the opposition all over the park until we are two or three behind, so maybe it's linked to confidence?

We have haven't we. That was what really stood out for me on the highlights.
Just got back from Hull on 16:39 - Mar 19 with 1724 viewsPinnerPaul

Surely fixating on one or two players is pointless - its always the team for me.

This backs me up ( I think anyway!)

Cameron & Freeman on - lost 2-0

Cameron and Freeman off - won 2-0

Now no one is seriously telling me we are a better team WITHOUT Freeman and Cameron.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024