Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad for Next Year 21:24 - May 3 with 5245 viewsHastings_Hoops

Taken from the QPR Report message board. This is a useful starting point, which sets out players who remain in contract after this season and have a shirt number this year.

My initial thoughts are.
1) Solid in goal next year with "14 clean sheets with terrible defence Lumley".
2) Move Furlong to CB.
3) Move Manning to LB.
4) Need some more defenders.
5) Fund (4) by selling Freeman and Luongo.
6) Excited about having a pair of young wingers in Shodipo and BOS next year.
7) Need an old head in midfield.
8) Need a Pukki type striker.

So in summary, if the DoF and new manager can pull off 4, 7 and 8 - everything will be rosy (simple)!

1. Ingram
13. Lumley
26. Dieng
45. Brzozowski

Defenders
2. Furlong
24. Kakay
29. Phillips
37. Leistner

Midfielders
6. Goss
7. Freeman
10. Eze
11. Scowen
14. Manning
19. Chair
21. Luongo
44. Bettache

Wingers / Wide Players
20. Osayi-Samuel
27. Shadipo
38. Smyth
43. Dalling

Strikers
17. Smith
18. Oteh
25. Wheeler
34. Walker

[Post edited 3 May 2019 21:24]
Squad for Next Year on 21:47 - May 3 with 4168 viewsloftboy

Hopefully young Smyth can establish himself next season, thought he was treated poorly by Maclaren

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Squad for Next Year on 21:54 - May 3 with 4142 viewsGloucs_R

Furlong had said that he wants to stay at right back

Chair.... Stevenage boss Dino Maamria has claimed that Ilias Chair is ‘the best player that has ever worn a Stevenage Football Club shirt. That's promising.
[Post edited 3 May 2019 21:54]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Squad for Next Year on 22:01 - May 3 with 4103 viewsHastings_Hoops

Here's the best I could do with that squad so far (minus Freeman)...

GK: Lumley
RB: Kakay
CB: Leistner & Furlong
LB:Manning
RW: Shodipo
CM: Scowen & Luongo
LW: BOS / Smyth
AM: Chair / Eze
FWD: Smith
[Post edited 3 May 2019 22:04]
Squad for Next Year on 07:23 - May 4 with 3817 viewstimcocking

Well, whatever else, it's always very exciting when we have a team full of actual young Rangers lads. Let's hope there are plenty of other crap teams, like this year.
Squad for Next Year on 07:52 - May 4 with 3797 viewsdaveB

Key signings will be at centre half where we are desperate, up front where we lack goals and central midfield where we could do with someone who can find a team mate with a pass and control the game.

We should be able to add to the squad to make us competitive and have the likes of Eze, Smyth, Bright, Chair and Manning getting regular football
[Post edited 4 May 2019 7:53]
Squad for Next Year on 08:55 - May 4 with 3701 viewsPeterHucker

Here's my team for next season.
(Assuming Freeman & Luongo sold, I'd miss them both a lot but we are not really in the position of being able to turn down any offers)

Defenders:
Manning
Leistner
Furlong
Kakay

CM:
Scowen
Chair

Wingers:
Samuel
Shodipo

Strikers:
Smith or Oteh
Eze

A lot of fairly inexperienced players there and people might say oh they're young, they'll make costly mistakes.

Well I've been watching older more experienced players make costly mistakes for quite a few years (e.g. Boswell, Lynch, Perch, Henry etc)

This is an a lineup with plenty of attack minded players. We might end up going down but I don't care. I'd rather go down with a team of youngsters on sensible money than stay up with a bunch of overpaid phone-it-in merchants.
Squad for Next Year on 09:41 - May 4 with 3611 viewsMaggsinho

Squad for Next Year on 08:55 - May 4 by PeterHucker

Here's my team for next season.
(Assuming Freeman & Luongo sold, I'd miss them both a lot but we are not really in the position of being able to turn down any offers)

Defenders:
Manning
Leistner
Furlong
Kakay

CM:
Scowen
Chair

Wingers:
Samuel
Shodipo

Strikers:
Smith or Oteh
Eze

A lot of fairly inexperienced players there and people might say oh they're young, they'll make costly mistakes.

Well I've been watching older more experienced players make costly mistakes for quite a few years (e.g. Boswell, Lynch, Perch, Henry etc)

This is an a lineup with plenty of attack minded players. We might end up going down but I don't care. I'd rather go down with a team of youngsters on sensible money than stay up with a bunch of overpaid phone-it-in merchants.

Boswell is handy for the pre match talk though.

‘Listen Pav, I have seen many a bear led by a man: but I never before saw a man led by a bear. Got it?’
Squad for Next Year on 10:16 - May 4 with 3549 viewsDorse

+ + + TOP SECRET - EYES ONLY + + +

5-Point Plan For QPR Triumph in 2019/20 Championship

1: Release Bidwell, Wszolek, Cousins and Lynch. And Rangel.
2: Sell Freeman.
3: Install new manger.
4: (Under discussion).
5: League Champions.
[Post edited 4 May 2019 10:17]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Squad for Next Year on 10:57 - May 4 with 3471 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was talking to Charlie Kendall before the Forest game and he feels that next season is his breakthrough season, that would be excellent news if he pulls it off as he has shown real promise this last season. Jake Frailing is another I think might be pushing for a spot in the 1st team squad next season, along with a few of those mentioned above by Hastings Hoop..

The grass is always greener.

Squad for Next Year on 11:12 - May 4 with 3448 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I love the brainwave idea, 'Need a Pukki type striker'.

Amazing, why hasn't the club realised we need a bloke who can put about 20 away a season? Utterly shameful of the club.

Not that we fans can be exonerated for not realising this either. I would have thought someone among our brethren would have picked up on this; especially those who go to the games!

Seriously, why the f..k has it taken until the final game of the season before this has even been mooted?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Squad for Next Year on 11:36 - May 4 with 3391 viewsPunteR

Squad for Next Year on 11:12 - May 4 by PlanetHonneywood

I love the brainwave idea, 'Need a Pukki type striker'.

Amazing, why hasn't the club realised we need a bloke who can put about 20 away a season? Utterly shameful of the club.

Not that we fans can be exonerated for not realising this either. I would have thought someone among our brethren would have picked up on this; especially those who go to the games!

Seriously, why the f..k has it taken until the final game of the season before this has even been mooted?

Because they cost money Honney.

We keep getting told we have no money yet they seem quite happy to keep 2 managers on the payroll at the same time.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Squad for Next Year on 11:51 - May 4 with 3375 viewsGloucs_R

I did think we needed 5 players:

LB - If Manning wants to make this his own and is happy to play there then fine. But need a back up. Niko hasnt been playing much for LA.

CB X 2 - Furlong does not want to play at CB. So we need 2 new as I cant see who in the U23's is going to step up.

CM/ DM - Scowen and Mass both have rocky patches. I suspect Cousins will resign, depending on his injury and who else is available.

Striker - we can not go into next season with Matt Smith as our main striker. The guys causes problems for defences but I cant see him lasting every game. Oteh and Walker, not convinced based on the reports I have read.

So thats the spine of the team to get right or we go down.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Squad for Next Year on 12:16 - May 4 with 3327 viewsozexile

Squad for Next Year on 11:51 - May 4 by Gloucs_R

I did think we needed 5 players:

LB - If Manning wants to make this his own and is happy to play there then fine. But need a back up. Niko hasnt been playing much for LA.

CB X 2 - Furlong does not want to play at CB. So we need 2 new as I cant see who in the U23's is going to step up.

CM/ DM - Scowen and Mass both have rocky patches. I suspect Cousins will resign, depending on his injury and who else is available.

Striker - we can not go into next season with Matt Smith as our main striker. The guys causes problems for defences but I cant see him lasting every game. Oteh and Walker, not convinced based on the reports I have read.

So thats the spine of the team to get right or we go down.

Am I the only one who thinks that if we want Furlong to play at CB he should play there.
I'm a bit over finishing near the bottom of the league and players who are paid handsomely saying what they like and don't like.
Squad for Next Year on 12:22 - May 4 with 3319 viewsBAWHoops

We are massively short in defence, that much is clear. Need 3-4 that can play back there really.

CM looks healthy-ish to me as does the attacking midfield/winger part of the pitch.

Striker... we're going to have to really unearth a gem as this also looks pretty poor.

Think the squad we are starting with will look like this (assuming Freeman goes and also Ingram)

GK - Lumley, Dieng
RB - Furlong, Kakay
CB - Leistner, NEW, NEW
LB - NEW
CM - Luongo, Scowen, Manning, NEW
R/LM - BOS, Smyth, Shodipo, Wheeler
AM - Eze, Chair
ST - Smith, Oteh, NEW

So that's 4 players just to get us to a squad of 21 and let's be honest the quality of the above is pretty poor

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Squad for Next Year on 12:31 - May 4 with 3306 viewsozexile

Squad for Next Year on 12:22 - May 4 by BAWHoops

We are massively short in defence, that much is clear. Need 3-4 that can play back there really.

CM looks healthy-ish to me as does the attacking midfield/winger part of the pitch.

Striker... we're going to have to really unearth a gem as this also looks pretty poor.

Think the squad we are starting with will look like this (assuming Freeman goes and also Ingram)

GK - Lumley, Dieng
RB - Furlong, Kakay
CB - Leistner, NEW, NEW
LB - NEW
CM - Luongo, Scowen, Manning, NEW
R/LM - BOS, Smyth, Shodipo, Wheeler
AM - Eze, Chair
ST - Smith, Oteh, NEW

So that's 4 players just to get us to a squad of 21 and let's be honest the quality of the above is pretty poor

You're right that is poor. That's relegation right there.
Squad for Next Year on 12:37 - May 4 with 3296 viewsStevenageRanger

Squad for Next Year on 21:54 - May 3 by Gloucs_R

Furlong had said that he wants to stay at right back

Chair.... Stevenage boss Dino Maamria has claimed that Ilias Chair is ‘the best player that has ever worn a Stevenage Football Club shirt. That's promising.
[Post edited 3 May 2019 21:54]

Re Chair, he also said that Illias is adamant that it won’t be his last game for Stevenage. Also heard that his Dad has been telling fans he wants to stay longer (which seems a bit odd)

He also said he is probably the best player to ever play in League 2.

https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/ilias-chair-the-best-stevenage-player-ever

Nothing but rave reviews.When you think of the players that Dino (the manager) is comparing him too and saying he is the best then hopefully he is as good as some of these turned out to be:-

George Boyd
Barry Hayles
Luke Freeman
Squad for Next Year on 12:56 - May 4 with 3263 viewsWestbourneR

Squad for Next Year on 11:36 - May 4 by PunteR

Because they cost money Honney.

We keep getting told we have no money yet they seem quite happy to keep 2 managers on the payroll at the same time.

When withering sarcasm is totally missed

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Squad for Next Year on 13:00 - May 4 with 3248 viewsWestbourneR

Squad for Next Year on 12:31 - May 4 by ozexile

You're right that is poor. That's relegation right there.

This.

We’re currently nailed on for relegation. Major reinforcements needed this summer

The idea that all the youngsters are gonna work out is pure fantasy.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Squad for Next Year on 14:33 - May 4 with 3121 viewsloftboy

Squad for Next Year on 13:00 - May 4 by WestbourneR

This.

We’re currently nailed on for relegation. Major reinforcements needed this summer

The idea that all the youngsters are gonna work out is pure fantasy.

Didn’t Alan Hansen day something similar!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Squad for Next Year on 14:56 - May 4 with 3077 viewsPunteR

Squad for Next Year on 12:56 - May 4 by WestbourneR

When withering sarcasm is totally missed

Ha. Its wasnt missed.
I just wanted to rhyme money and Honney .

Plus highlight the clubs amazing business strategy.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Squad for Next Year on 17:27 - May 4 with 2908 viewsnina30

Let's hope there are plenty of other crap teams, like this year.
Squad for Next Year on 17:38 - May 4 with 2890 viewsdistortR

Squad for Next Year on 14:56 - May 4 by PunteR

Ha. Its wasnt missed.
I just wanted to rhyme money and Honney .

Plus highlight the clubs amazing business strategy.

well, you were on the money, honey.
Squad for Next Year on 09:30 - May 5 with 2521 viewssmegma

If ifs and ands were pots or pans etc
Squad for Next Year on 09:40 - May 5 with 2507 viewsbosh67

I think if and when Freeman goes it is a huge chance for Manning to run the midfield, but it is also a massive chance for Wheeler to prove he can do it at this level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Squad for Next Year on 09:57 - May 5 with 2485 viewsRangersDave

get rid, they are all not good enough, with 1 or 2 exceptions and we aint got the dosh to build with good players round those 2, even if they could be convinced to stay, and we dont need the money from their sale.

However, reality bites. that squad just isnt good, the guys out on loan have, maybe, found their level at teams below us.

We need to strip, rebuild, release, save money, and simply start again.

Putting 1 or 2 sticking plasters on that team will not help. Anyone that comes in needs to be hungry... hungry to make a name for themselves, even if it is to be sold on 2 years later.
We dont buy hungry players anymore.

put the youth in, bolster if needs be, but bolster from lower leagues.

this team isnt cutting it next season in the Championship. I consider us nailed on for relegation, and the circle of repeat rather than break it , goes on.

I really am sick of Rangers at the moment. with the exception of Hoos, and Evil Les (and i still wonder what Les is doing apart from taking a good wage and being a figurehead)

I need to find the love, and will always support my team, but at the moment, i just want the pain to stop.

The trouble is, at 54, i doubt i might live long enough to see any success happen again.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024