Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New keeper. Now! 10:20 - Jan 7 with 5976 viewsoakskull

We cannot use Lumley in goal. Lumley might be a nice guy, but he is a bad keeper, and that's the trait that I'm paying to witness.

The Cardiff goal was a travesty. He saw the ball coming, all the way from 22 yards, and still couldn't manage to get his body behind the ball.

A steady string of basic mistakes, no depth perception and without any authority in the box. A serious contender in the CC must use a keeper that can be a matchwinner, not than a liability.

Is Kelly a better choise? He must be. Really.
New keeper. Now! (n/t) on 10:22 - Jan 7 with 4139 viewsMytch_QPR

[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 10:23]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

New keeper. Now! on 10:34 - Jan 7 with 4067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aw, great! A new troll with his first new thread.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New keeper. Now! on 10:40 - Jan 7 with 4045 viewsLongsufferingR

Is anybody on here a psychologist? I'm seriously interested in why anybody would join up to a message board like this and post something that is such a feeble attempt at winding the locals up. What enjoyment or satisfaction does that person gain? Or is it just boredom?
New keeper. Now! on 10:45 - Jan 7 with 4016 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New keeper. Now! on 10:40 - Jan 7 by LongsufferingR

Is anybody on here a psychologist? I'm seriously interested in why anybody would join up to a message board like this and post something that is such a feeble attempt at winding the locals up. What enjoyment or satisfaction does that person gain? Or is it just boredom?

In my case it was a deep-seated fear of sexual inadequacy. And spiders.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New keeper. Now! on 10:54 - Jan 7 with 3981 viewsTheChef

Hi Liam!

Favourite cheese?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New keeper. Now! on 11:00 - Jan 7 with 3959 viewsMytch_QPR

New keeper. Now! on 10:54 - Jan 7 by TheChef

Hi Liam!

Favourite cheese?

Don't think he's fussed on the cheese, but fond of sour grapes.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

New keeper. Now! on 11:19 - Jan 7 with 3891 viewsloftboy

The Cardiff goal was hardly a travesty, hit with pace from distance, he probably should have stopped it but hey ho lets ignore his assist and other fine saves.
Incidentally a Former R took his own life this week, hounding our current squad and helping to fûck up their minds in really grown up.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 11:20]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New keeper. Now! on 11:28 - Jan 7 with 3856 viewscolinallcars

Maybe the OP had us to win 6-0 at 150,000 to 1 with Paddy Power.
Login to get fewer ads

New keeper. Now! on 11:33 - Jan 7 with 3833 viewsWestbourneR

I think it's far to say that on all the evidence so far Kelly is a better keeper than Lumley.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

New keeper. Now! on 11:40 - Jan 7 with 3798 viewssmegma

New keeper. Now! on 10:34 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Aw, great! A new troll with his first new thread.

And it's took them 6 days to think of some b0ll0cks to write.
New keeper. Now! (n/t) on 11:54 - Jan 7 with 3759 viewsHantsR

[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 12:12]
New keeper. Now! on 11:55 - Jan 7 with 3756 viewsoakskull

Ah, I get it, you're happy with midtable mediocracy in the CC and the odd "famous" victory, while you get off on the league cup win in 1967 and the 4-1 against MU in 1992 Same as every year....

Must be, because with Lumley we'll not challenge for promotion. That takes a matchwinner in goal. Nobody can make the case with any degree of credebility that Lumley is a matchwinner. Smithies was a matchwinner, Lumley is not.

This is no secret. Everybody with a minimum understanding of football can see that. If you don't believe your own eyes, check the statistics.

Lumley has a save percentage of 0.570. Almost every second shot inside the posts is a goal. Only Grabara, Huddersfield, is marginally worse in the division.
New keeper. Now! on 11:57 - Jan 7 with 3741 viewsMick_S

I thought the Swansea 'keeper was quite eccentric on Sunday.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New keeper. Now! on 11:57 - Jan 7 with 3738 viewsoakskull

New keeper. Now! on 11:19 - Jan 7 by loftboy

The Cardiff goal was hardly a travesty, hit with pace from distance, he probably should have stopped it but hey ho lets ignore his assist and other fine saves.
Incidentally a Former R took his own life this week, hounding our current squad and helping to fûck up their minds in really grown up.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 11:20]

If you don't want to be judged for your performance, life as a professional footballer is probably not for you...
New keeper. Now! on 12:01 - Jan 7 with 3719 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New keeper. Now! on 12:01 - Jan 7 with 3717 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New keeper. Now! on 12:02 - Jan 7 with 3711 viewsrobith

New keeper. Now! on 12:06 - Jan 7 with 3689 viewsbosh67

New keeper. Now! on 10:45 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

In my case it was a deep-seated fear of sexual inadequacy. And spiders.

What's your stand on sexually inadequate spiders?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New keeper. Now! on 12:12 - Jan 7 with 3651 viewsEsox_Lucius

New keeper. Now! on 11:57 - Jan 7 by oakskull

If you don't want to be judged for your performance, life as a professional footballer is probably not for you...

Mate, just concentrate on your GCSE's you're going to need them.

The grass is always greener.

New keeper. Now! on 12:15 - Jan 7 with 3639 viewsDavieQPR

A ew keyboard warrior. Obviously not getting enough attention on Twitter. Sorry we don't take the bait on this forum we discuss different opinions.
New keeper. Now! on 12:18 - Jan 7 with 3624 viewsbosh67

'Lumley might be a nice guy, but he is a bad keeper' is not on his CV and won't be on his tombstone.

He's had a poor season by his own standards and to be fair a lamppost would stand more chance of saving a penalty, but people forget how many good saves Lumley can make and at 24 he will get better and he will learn.

Is Kelly a better keeper? Possibly. He is better with the ball at his feet. He makes good saves as we saw at the start of the Swansea game. If the ball is played over the top for a one on one against him his positioning is often way too advanced and tends to leave the goal exposed. He comes out too quickly which is unusual and at only just 6 feet tall, like Camp, if you are that far off your line or at the wrong angle the ball can go past or over the top of you.

Are either as good as Smithies? No. Is Smithies coming back. No. Are either good enough for this division? Mostly yes but both need to improve and probably will.

Is Barnes any good? Don't know but he's 23 and 6 foot 4+. Is Seny Dieng any good? He's 25 and 6 foot 4+ and has been here 3+ years, currently back out on loan. Hear good things about him but not seemingly ready for the no.1 spot here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New keeper. Now! on 12:18 - Jan 7 with 3623 viewsShotKneesHoop

I bet this new poster also thinks that R'SWiPe was merely a misunderstood genius, and he can produce statistics to prove that R'SWiPe was not a lazy, money orientated cretin with a can't be arsed attitude to the R's - but someone that the club failed to support.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

New keeper. Now! on 13:10 - Jan 7 with 3537 viewsR_from_afar

New keeper. Now! (n/t) on 11:54 - Jan 7 by HantsR

[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 12:12]

Watts your problem?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

New keeper. Now! on 15:04 - Jan 7 with 3405 viewsJuzzie

New keeper. Now! on 11:55 - Jan 7 by oakskull

Ah, I get it, you're happy with midtable mediocracy in the CC and the odd "famous" victory, while you get off on the league cup win in 1967 and the 4-1 against MU in 1992 Same as every year....

Must be, because with Lumley we'll not challenge for promotion. That takes a matchwinner in goal. Nobody can make the case with any degree of credebility that Lumley is a matchwinner. Smithies was a matchwinner, Lumley is not.

This is no secret. Everybody with a minimum understanding of football can see that. If you don't believe your own eyes, check the statistics.

Lumley has a save percentage of 0.570. Almost every second shot inside the posts is a goal. Only Grabara, Huddersfield, is marginally worse in the division.

Part of the problem with this thread is that this conversation has already been covered, mostly at least a week ago if not long before.

Have a look through threads first to see if any given topic has already been discussed/is being discussed and join that one.

No need to start a new one that's already out of date.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 15:41]
New keeper. Now! on 16:23 - Jan 7 with 3310 viewsoakskull

New keeper. Now! on 15:04 - Jan 7 by Juzzie

Part of the problem with this thread is that this conversation has already been covered, mostly at least a week ago if not long before.

Have a look through threads first to see if any given topic has already been discussed/is being discussed and join that one.

No need to start a new one that's already out of date.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 15:41]

Only commenting on issues that have not been raised in this forum before, would certainly focus the mind. However, there is nothing that hurts the team and bugs me more than a keeper who can't deliver. I'll move on when he has changed his ways, or been changed for somebody else.

With a good keeper this QPR-team is a play off-contender.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024