Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Albert is our god! 13:52 - Feb 2 with 2439 viewsbosh67

Talks about his goal and the performance. Something about the way he talks makes you smile. So pleased for him. Having the option to play both him and Austin up front alongside players coming through is a real bonus. He always looks so calm on the ball and seems to have that extra second. Useful as a forward when needed.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/adomah-patience-is-key-020221/
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 14:30]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Albert is out god! on 14:04 - Feb 2 with 2366 viewsParkRoyalR

Yep pleased for him after a cheap shot from a former No 10, just shows, if you can stay out of the boozer, you can get another couple of years out of your career. Plus compare his impact / goal chances created this season to BOS, different levels.
Albert is out god! on 14:12 - Feb 2 with 2295 viewsW7Ranger

Albert is out god! on 14:04 - Feb 2 by ParkRoyalR

Yep pleased for him after a cheap shot from a former No 10, just shows, if you can stay out of the boozer, you can get another couple of years out of your career. Plus compare his impact / goal chances created this season to BOS, different levels.

A cheap shot from who?
Albert is out god! on 14:16 - Feb 2 with 2278 viewsEsox_Lucius

Albert is out god! on 14:12 - Feb 2 by W7Ranger

A cheap shot from who?

I would hazard a guess at Gallen?

The grass is always greener.

Albert is out god! on 14:29 - Feb 2 with 2207 viewsW7Ranger

Albert is out god! on 14:16 - Feb 2 by Esox_Lucius

I would hazard a guess at Gallen?

Got it.
Albert is out god! on 14:33 - Feb 2 with 2153 viewsLazyFan

Albert is out god! on 14:29 - Feb 2 by W7Ranger

Got it.

Gallen is jealous that Uncle could take away his QPR player/fan status.
I think Uncle is more likely to become a QPR coach in the future and possibly Eustance takes the job full time with Uncle as assistant manager.

zzzzzzzzzz

Albert is out god! on 14:41 - Feb 2 with 2105 viewspaulparker

Kevin Gallen is a fan of QPR and is entitled to opinion just like we all are
Very poor taste about knocking him about pubs and being unprofessional considering what the bloke did for us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Albert is out god! on 14:53 - Feb 2 with 2032 viewsRBlock

Sorry, I missed this. What has Gallen said?
Albert is out god! on 14:55 - Feb 2 with 2017 viewsA40Bosh

Albert is out god! on 14:53 - Feb 2 by RBlock

So did I !
What indeed has Magic Hat said?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

Albert is out god! on 14:56 - Feb 2 with 2006 viewsBoston

Albert is out god! on 14:53 - Feb 2 by RBlock

Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Albert is our god! on 15:23 - Feb 2 with 1876 viewsDixie_CT

Couple of weeks ago Kevin tweeted a dig aimed at Albert along the lines of ‘maybe I’ll get a contract too if I put on a QPR shirt and do some keepy uppies’
Albert is out god! on 15:31 - Feb 2 with 1823 viewsdaveB

Albert is out god! on 14:33 - Feb 2 by LazyFan

Gallen is jealous that Uncle could take away his QPR player/fan status.
I think Uncle is more likely to become a QPR coach in the future and possibly Eustance takes the job full time with Uncle as assistant manager.

Kevin's issues with QPR are more aimed at Les & Ramsey as his brother was let go and he wasn't given a job as a coach so he does take great delight in having a pop when things go wrong which to be fair to him he is fully entitled to do.
Albert is out god! on 15:43 - Feb 2 with 1764 viewsDixie_CT

Albert is out god! on 15:31 - Feb 2 by daveB

Kevin's issues with QPR are more aimed at Les & Ramsey as his brother was let go and he wasn't given a job as a coach so he does take great delight in having a pop when things go wrong which to be fair to him he is fully entitled to do.

There is tension between Les and Kevin.

Kevin was a coach in the Academy, think it was with the U14s but he wasn’t great and struggled to engage the players when talking. This was at the same time as the Tottenham mafia were being brought in from every angle and the old guard at the academy were quickly got rid off.

Kev probably had more opportunity to have a say compared to the likes of Paul Bruce, Alan Jackett and others who were canned.

It was a hostile takeover and their was a real ‘us & them’ arrogance that followed from Planet Enfield. One case ended up at a tribunal, which the club won, mainly because the person stiched themselves up by accepting the lesser role offered, not necessarily because the club was in the right.

Felt like Steve was also slightly stiched up when promoted to the first team set up and they sacked. Bit different to Ramsey who was sacked from the first team yet remains as head of the academy.
Albert is out god! on 15:51 - Feb 2 with 1721 viewsdaveB

Albert is out god! on 15:43 - Feb 2 by Dixie_CT

There is tension between Les and Kevin.

Kevin was a coach in the Academy, think it was with the U14s but he wasn’t great and struggled to engage the players when talking. This was at the same time as the Tottenham mafia were being brought in from every angle and the old guard at the academy were quickly got rid off.

Kev probably had more opportunity to have a say compared to the likes of Paul Bruce, Alan Jackett and others who were canned.

It was a hostile takeover and their was a real ‘us & them’ arrogance that followed from Planet Enfield. One case ended up at a tribunal, which the club won, mainly because the person stiched themselves up by accepting the lesser role offered, not necessarily because the club was in the right.

Felt like Steve was also slightly stiched up when promoted to the first team set up and they sacked. Bit different to Ramsey who was sacked from the first team yet remains as head of the academy.

They didn't sack Steve, they offered him another role but he turned it down as it was a bit of a step down to his previous role in the academy,

I always thought Kevin left the club under Mike Rigg rather than Ferdinand
Albert is out god! on 15:55 - Feb 2 with 1703 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Albert is out god! on 15:51 - Feb 2 by daveB

They didn't sack Steve, they offered him another role but he turned it down as it was a bit of a step down to his previous role in the academy,

That's how I remember it too, Dave.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Albert is out god! on 16:03 - Feb 2 with 1664 viewsDixie_CT

Albert is out god! on 15:51 - Feb 2 by daveB

You’re right Steve wasn’t sacked.

However, Steve was promoted to the first team coaching set up under Ramsey, the JFH brought in his own staff and Steve was offered a new role, six months later.

Creative dismissal there!

Mike Rigg was here six months, he never had any credibility. It was people like Ramsey and Richard Allen that made the sweeping changes. They brought in another guy called Shaun Hallett in a senior position and he had no idea about academy football or much for that matter.

To add, we don’t know what role Steve was offered and Ramsey was by then Academy director/Head of Academy so the offer to Steve wouldn’t be that role. Imagine being promoted the Senior Leadership Team, then your boss gets the sack, he gets your old job and you get offered a a lesser position. Yeah, Steve just left naturally!!
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 16:06]
Albert is our god! on 16:11 - Feb 2 with 1618 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Always felt bad about Steve leaving, though I maybe slightly biased because I liked him as a person. I thought he did a fine job at Rangers for years in trying circumstances.

Can't comment on why he left or the circumstances as I was out of the loop by then, just thought it was a shame to lose him.

Kevin was definitely Mike Rigg, though.

Albert is our god! on 16:22 - Feb 2 with 1571 viewsDixie_CT

Albert is our god! on 16:11 - Feb 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Always felt bad about Steve leaving, though I maybe slightly biased because I liked him as a person. I thought he did a fine job at Rangers for years in trying circumstances.

Can't comment on why he left or the circumstances as I was out of the loop by then, just thought it was a shame to lose him.

Kevin was definitely Mike Rigg, though.

Steve did an absolutely fantastic job in the toughest of conditions, not only from a footballing perspective but also with other issues like Earls Court, Kiyan Prince and Ray Jones.

Steve is an gent, a damn good football coach and QPR through and through. There is no way he shouldn’t be at the club and it’s QPR loss.

No disrespect Brian but I was working at the Trust at the time and part time as an academy coach. Mike Rigg was a bit of a Trojan horse and other forces and people were involved. Rigg may have been the guy at the top but other vultures were swarming around and like everyone else, saw QPR as easy pickings to line their pocket and swing their di cks.

Anyway, Albert, Legend, last minute winner v Watford who rah!!!
Albert is out god! on 16:26 - Feb 2 with 1537 viewsdaveB

Albert is out god! on 16:03 - Feb 2 by Dixie_CT

You’re right Steve wasn’t sacked.

However, Steve was promoted to the first team coaching set up under Ramsey, the JFH brought in his own staff and Steve was offered a new role, six months later.

Creative dismissal there!

Mike Rigg was here six months, he never had any credibility. It was people like Ramsey and Richard Allen that made the sweeping changes. They brought in another guy called Shaun Hallett in a senior position and he had no idea about academy football or much for that matter.

To add, we don’t know what role Steve was offered and Ramsey was by then Academy director/Head of Academy so the offer to Steve wouldn’t be that role. Imagine being promoted the Senior Leadership Team, then your boss gets the sack, he gets your old job and you get offered a a lesser position. Yeah, Steve just left naturally!!
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 16:06]

I do think it's a bit far fetched that they would have offered him a role in the first team so they can get rid of him, sure at the time they would have been hoping Ramsey would do well and Gallen would be in that role for a lot longer. Always the way when you get promoted to the first team your time at the club will be shorter, saw that with Bircham as well.

Steve Gallen was unlucky and club should have done a lot more to keep him but ultimately it was going to be a choice between Ramsey and Gallen to run the academy and they went with Ramsey. I completely get why Steve Gallen opted to go rather than take a lesser role, think for him it was the right decision and he's doing well at Charlton by the sound of it so worked out well in the end.
Albert is out god! on 16:37 - Feb 2 with 1496 viewsDixie_CT

Albert is out god! on 16:26 - Feb 2 by daveB

I do think it's a bit far fetched that they would have offered him a role in the first team so they can get rid of him, sure at the time they would have been hoping Ramsey would do well and Gallen would be in that role for a lot longer. Always the way when you get promoted to the first team your time at the club will be shorter, saw that with Bircham as well.

Steve Gallen was unlucky and club should have done a lot more to keep him but ultimately it was going to be a choice between Ramsey and Gallen to run the academy and they went with Ramsey. I completely get why Steve Gallen opted to go rather than take a lesser role, think for him it was the right decision and he's doing well at Charlton by the sound of it so worked out well in the end.

Nothing is too far fetched with QPR!

I agree, it doesn’t all look a bit like UFOs and flat earth, but they didn’t look after Steve. Could quite easily have said to JFH that you can have the job but Steve stays for at least the season. But no, offered a lesser job than he was doing six months ago or the door?

Letting an ex-Chelsea hero who was in the door 5 minutes be part of the axe swinging of a QPR man also doesn’t leave a good taste in the mouth.

You’re right, Steve is doing wonders at Charlton, just a shame they are also such a basket case!!
Albert is out god! on 16:49 - Feb 2 with 1448 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Albert is out god! on 16:26 - Feb 2 by daveB

Have to agree.

I think if they wanted to get rid of Stephen they'd have just gotten rid of him.

Albert is out god! on 17:21 - Feb 2 with 1369 viewsdaveB

Albert is out god! on 16:37 - Feb 2 by Dixie_CT

Nothing is too far fetched with QPR!

I agree, it doesn’t all look a bit like UFOs and flat earth, but they didn’t look after Steve. Could quite easily have said to JFH that you can have the job but Steve stays for at least the season. But no, offered a lesser job than he was doing six months ago or the door?

Letting an ex-Chelsea hero who was in the door 5 minutes be part of the axe swinging of a QPR man also doesn’t leave a good taste in the mouth.

You’re right, Steve is doing wonders at Charlton, just a shame they are also such a basket case!!

I agree they could have done more to keep him much like they did with Eustace and it was a mistake to let JFH do as he pleased but once JFH said he didn't want Gallen it was pretty much a straight choice for who to run the academy as any other job would have been a step down for Gallen, if they had gone with Gallen then Ramsey would never have taken the lesser role either.
Albert is out god! on 17:31 - Feb 2 with 1319 viewsDixie_CT

Albert is out god! on 17:21 - Feb 2 by daveB

I agree they could have done more to keep him much like they did with Eustace and it was a mistake to let JFH do as he pleased but once JFH said he didn't want Gallen it was pretty much a straight choice for who to run the academy as any other job would have been a step down for Gallen, if they had gone with Gallen then Ramsey would never have taken the lesser role either.

Didn’t Ramsay already have the job? Think it was Tony who said we may as well keep Ramsay instead of paying him off.

As a complete aside, when was the last QPR media piece that Ramsay did? I know he did that excellent interview with Les but can’t remember Chris doing anything about the Acadeny in a long time.
Albert is out god! on 18:20 - Feb 2 with 1185 viewsdaveB

Albert is out god! on 17:31 - Feb 2 by Dixie_CT

Didn’t Ramsay already have the job? Think it was Tony who said we may as well keep Ramsay instead of paying him off.

As a complete aside, when was the last QPR media piece that Ramsay did? I know he did that excellent interview with Les but can’t remember Chris doing anything about the Acadeny in a long time.

I think so as Steve Gallen was working with the first team for a month after Ramsey got the boot so think he got the new role and then JFH came in and said he didn't want him
Albert is our god! on 19:18 - Feb 2 with 1076 viewsflynnbo

Just adding it to this thread now as nearly 300 people have viewed it with no comment and it was getting lonely!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024