Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITK Charlie Austin 13:35 - May 8 with 20572 viewsNoDiddley

Close to signing a 2 year deal.
ITK Charlie Austin on 13:59 - May 8 with 7005 viewsBrianMcCarthy

With who?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

ITK Charlie Austin on 14:32 - May 8 with 6919 viewsToast_R

Talksport
ITK Charlie Austin on 15:32 - May 8 with 6525 viewstonyQPR

I did notice on the match feed amit and Charlie having a big all smiles man hug during the warm up.
ITK Charlie Austin on 15:41 - May 8 with 6419 viewsitsbiga

With the huge hike in steel prices is it possible the Mittals are chucking in some extra cash?

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

ITK Charlie Austin on 15:42 - May 8 with 6406 viewsdannyblue

Lynch me now, but I think it would be a mistake to push the boat out for him.

Can barely run. Plenty of misplaced and mistimed passes last few weeks. Great in the box and done wonders for Lyndon, but 2 years sounds expensive and heart over head.
ITK Charlie Austin on 15:46 - May 8 with 6328 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

ITK Charlie Austin on 15:41 - May 8 by itsbiga

With the huge hike in steel prices is it possible the Mittals are chucking in some extra cash?

Lets hop they can iron something out.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

ITK Charlie Austin on 15:49 - May 8 with 6292 viewsQPR_John

ITK Charlie Austin on 15:42 - May 8 by dannyblue

Can barely run. Plenty of misplaced and mistimed passes last few weeks. Great in the box and done wonders for Lyndon, but 2 years sounds expensive and heart over head.

He scored today after getting the ball tangled in his feet. A strikers goal in all senses. I don’t remember Clive Allen doing much outside of the penalty area. He will score goals because he knows where to be in the penalty area he does not have to run. I think we can chance a two year contract.
ITK Charlie Austin on 15:49 - May 8 with 6295 viewsitsbiga

ITK Charlie Austin on 15:46 - May 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

Lets hop they can iron something out.

Yes. No more Tin pot investments.

Login to get fewer ads

ITK Charlie Austin on 15:49 - May 8 with 6283 viewsed_83

Completely agree, noticed him giving the ball away a lot today too.

He's been absolutely brilliant for us this half-season, and if we can convince him to give up the massive payday he'd undoubtedly get somewhere else, then we should sign him up in a heartbeat. But there's absolutely no way we should be breaking our wage structure for a striker who'll be 32 before next season, whatever sentimental attachment we might have to him.

People were livid when we refused to fork out for Nahki Wells, who'd just had an even better 6 month spell than Charlie, and that turned out to be absolutely the right choice. We've finally got a solid, sustainable basis on which to run the club, and we need to stick to it above all else.
ITK Charlie Austin on 15:52 - May 8 with 6212 viewsSimonJames

Maybe he's getting some of WR's bookmaker wages.

100% of people who drink water will die.

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:32 - May 8 with 5991 viewsGroveR

He misplaced every pass apart from the one into the bottom corner.
ITK Charlie Austin on 16:37 - May 8 with 5926 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

ITK Charlie Austin on 15:49 - May 8 by QPR_John

He scored today after getting the ball tangled in his feet. A strikers goal in all senses. I don’t remember Clive Allen doing much outside of the penalty area. He will score goals because he knows where to be in the penalty area he does not have to run. I think we can chance a two year contract.

Agree with this. He was never a great "footballer" first time in fact i'd say his all around play is better now. His movement in the box and strike rate is about the same. I've almost decided to get a season ticket for next season as it is - regardless of restrictions. Would love it if we sign him.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:38 - May 8 with 5918 viewsrsonist

Please be advised I have said all along he'll sign.

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:39 - May 8 with 5893 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I doubt it given that he only holds a 3% stake.
ITK Charlie Austin on 16:45 - May 8 with 5842 viewsitsbiga

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:39 - May 8 by Benny_the_Ball

I doubt it given that he only holds a 3% stake.

What is his definitive stake? He bought 20% back in 2007.
When did it go down to 3%?

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:47 - May 8 with 5828 viewsLoftusR

The obvious deal here is to offer him our max weekly wage (whatever that is) but then give a massive bonus if we get promoted. That would then keep us inside FFP and kept the rest of the squad onside. I think Charlie likes a punt so might go for it
Win Win if you ask me. Oh and the same goes for JoJo.
ITK Charlie Austin on 16:50 - May 8 with 5780 viewsBenny_the_Ball

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:45 - May 8 by itsbiga

What is his definitive stake? He bought 20% back in 2007.
When did it go down to 3%?

We've had that conversation many times before. Do keep up!
ITK Charlie Austin on 16:52 - May 8 with 5761 viewsjoolsyp

If we’re going to push the boat out I’d much much rather it be on JoJo to be honest. Charlie’s a legend and he’s had a big influence on the dressing room, and in the penalty box, bit I’d much rather we send Andy Belk out to find the next Ivan Toney or Ebs with sell-on value.

That said, both would be very very nice.
ITK Charlie Austin on 16:53 - May 8 with 5758 viewsDWQPR

Wasn’t there an interview recently where he said that he would love to stay if the club showed him the ambition that they are looking at a promotion tilt?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:59 - May 8 with 5682 viewsthame_hoops

Didn’t realise there were two Austin posts. This sounds really ITK, but someone I know knows a member for backroom staff, and he told me a week ago that Charlie was going to sign for us.
ITK Charlie Austin on 16:59 - May 8 with 5676 viewsBenny_the_Ball

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:52 - May 8 by joolsyp

If we’re going to push the boat out I’d much much rather it be on JoJo to be honest. Charlie’s a legend and he’s had a big influence on the dressing room, and in the penalty box, bit I’d much rather we send Andy Belk out to find the next Ivan Toney or Ebs with sell-on value.

Agree. If we had a choice of one, it would be JoJo for me as he's improved the midfield immeasurably and made life a little easier for the defence. That said, both would be nice!
ITK Charlie Austin on 17:10 - May 8 with 5590 viewsrrrspricey

If he's agreed to a huge pay cut then great but if not I'll be disappointed to see we've learned nothing from past mistakes.
ITK Charlie Austin on 17:11 - May 8 with 5571 viewskensalriser

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:50 - May 8 by Benny_the_Ball

We've had that conversation many times before. Do keep up!

Indeed we have, but just to restate: every time the other owners put in money (ie every month) some of the debt gets converted to equity, or put another way, the Mittals give up some of their holding instead of having to stump up more cash. So it seems extremely unlikely they'd do a 180 turn on investment all of a sudden.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

ITK Charlie Austin on 17:21 - May 8 with 5478 viewsCiderwithRsie

ITK Charlie Austin on 16:52 - May 8 by joolsyp

Agreed on all points, but it's not impossible that (a) Austin is affordable, that he is willing to sign on reduced terms and (b) Johansen isn't because Fulham want him back or another club is in for him with a better offer than we can afford.

In those circs it'd make sense for us to sign Charlie and refuse to break the bank for Johansen.
ITK Charlie Austin on 17:24 - May 8 with 5460 viewshantssi

Doesn’t matter how much our owners are worth you can’t loose more than £13M per season to keep within FFP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024