Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rubbish 20:41 - Dec 17 with 4072 viewsMyke

I know we were quite poor against Stoke by our own high standards, but my god West Brom are pathetic. All things being equal (which they are clearly not at the minute) there is no reason why we should not finish above them. Where that leaves us in the final shake-up is anybody's guess.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 20:51]
Rubbish on 20:59 - Dec 17 with 3052 viewsstowmarketrange

Wembley play off final WBA v QPR and a repeat of the score line from 1967.
Rubbish on 21:17 - Dec 17 with 2986 viewsMalintabuk

Rubbish on 20:59 - Dec 17 by stowmarketrange

Wembley play off final WBA v QPR and a repeat of the score line from 1967.

I can live with that.... though doubt my aging heart will cope being 2-0 doen at half time, as well as it did then.
Can still see my grandad and uncle crying, think that was the only time I ever saw my grandad in tears.... special special day for a 10 Yr old that was
Rubbish on 21:20 - Dec 17 with 2973 viewsTramoreRanger

Have to say I got so bored with it that I switched over on hesgoal.com to watch Celta Vigo v Espanyol, far better game even with Spanish commentators........
Rubbish on 21:20 - Dec 17 with 2971 viewsaston_hoop

They'll have to realise sooner rather than later not to pick WBA games for TV. On the plus side, my usual provider of Friday night Championship games in Spain has chosen to show the darts instead so I don't have to see it.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rubbish on 21:34 - Dec 17 with 2929 viewsTramoreRanger

The Celta game is actually quiet good, end to end chances for both sides, a lovely 2nd goal by Celta........
Rubbish on 21:35 - Dec 17 with 2928 viewsMick_S

Youngy Furlong took around 15 minutes to towel dry the ball for a long one and then threw it 5 yards.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Rubbish on 21:59 - Dec 17 with 2878 viewsNorthernr

I’ve just sat through that as well. Absolutely horrendous. West Brom look like that all the time to me but usually win regardless. Barnsley wouldn’t have scored if we’d played all weekend.

Love Darnell but is he really good enough to be the ‘write the theme tune sing the theme tune’ guy West Brom seem to demand of him? Literally everything goes through him. He’s even taking all their bloody corners, which given his heading vs his delivery from wide is just mad. The time it takes to get those throw ins away (which frequently just get headed out by the first man) and referees tolerance of that is just ridiculous,
Rubbish on 22:25 - Dec 17 with 2804 viewsswitchingcode

Best bit about that was the fog
Login to get fewer ads

Rubbish on 23:39 - Dec 17 with 2665 viewsBoston

Rubbish on 21:34 - Dec 17 by TramoreRanger

The Celta game is actually quiet good, end to end chances for both sides, a lovely 2nd goal by Celta........

Would you frequent the Saratoga by any chance?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rubbish on 23:50 - Dec 17 with 2622 viewsCamberleyR

You've got to feel a bit for their fans. Suffered Pulisball for nearly three years not so long ago and are now served that up every week.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rubbish on 08:54 - Dec 18 with 2355 viewsMyke

Rubbish on 21:59 - Dec 17 by Northernr

I’ve just sat through that as well. Absolutely horrendous. West Brom look like that all the time to me but usually win regardless. Barnsley wouldn’t have scored if we’d played all weekend.

Love Darnell but is he really good enough to be the ‘write the theme tune sing the theme tune’ guy West Brom seem to demand of him? Literally everything goes through him. He’s even taking all their bloody corners, which given his heading vs his delivery from wide is just mad. The time it takes to get those throw ins away (which frequently just get headed out by the first man) and referees tolerance of that is just ridiculous,

There is sometimes a 'good' time or a 'bad' time to play a particular team. We probably played Blackburn at the right time as it is hard to see how they would be so unambitious again, given their current form. But we were definitely unlucky to play Barnsley so early in the season, when they still had residual confidence left over from last season. Now they look completely shot. Their supporters must be bewildered, they are either unplayable or crap.
Rubbish on 08:57 - Dec 18 with 2351 viewsDWQPR

Rubbish on 23:50 - Dec 17 by CamberleyR

You've got to feel a bit for their fans. Suffered Pulisball for nearly three years not so long ago and are now served that up every week.

Don’t forget to throw Megson and Alladyce into the mix and they have experienced some one dimensional drivel down the years.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Rubbish on 09:30 - Dec 18 with 2297 viewsstevec

WBA do have a worryingly effective method of overpowering teams but it is horrendous to watch.

It would be a travesty if they got promoted.
Rubbish on 09:54 - Dec 18 with 2260 viewsNorthernr

Rubbish on 09:30 - Dec 18 by stevec

WBA do have a worryingly effective method of overpowering teams but it is horrendous to watch.

It would be a travesty if they got promoted.

They remind me of the Redknapp team that we got promoted. Generally, tactically, aesthetically, they’re fcking dreadful, but because they’ve recently been in the Prem, pay such high wages relative to the rest of the league, they’ve got players of a sufficiently high standard for that not to matter and them often scrape wins from a dire game anyway.
Rubbish on 09:58 - Dec 18 with 2244 viewsterryb

Rubbish on 09:54 - Dec 18 by Northernr

They remind me of the Redknapp team that we got promoted. Generally, tactically, aesthetically, they’re fcking dreadful, but because they’ve recently been in the Prem, pay such high wages relative to the rest of the league, they’ve got players of a sufficiently high standard for that not to matter and them often scrape wins from a dire game anyway.

Don't forget though, that they are bound to sign the mythical 20 goal a season striker in January. They must be, as the pundits keep referring to it!

Another poor miss from Jordan Hugill last night.
Rubbish on 10:01 - Dec 18 with 2228 viewsdistortR

They appear to have the players available to be an attractive team at this level.
Still, 'it's a results based business',
Rubbish on 10:17 - Dec 18 with 2178 viewsNorthernr

Rubbish on 09:58 - Dec 18 by terryb

Don't forget though, that they are bound to sign the mythical 20 goal a season striker in January. They must be, as the pundits keep referring to it!

Hugill, like Wells, could have stayed here at a club where he was happy, starting, and having loads of chances put on a plate for him because of the way we play, but instead chose to be miserable, in and out of the team, and getting hammered for missing what few chances he gets elsewhere for more money.
Rubbish on 10:19 - Dec 18 with 2174 viewsessextaxiboy

Rubbish on 09:58 - Dec 18 by terryb

Hugill is getting absolute pelters on the West Brom forums ..

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=23144
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 10:21]
Rubbish on 11:05 - Dec 18 with 2053 viewsswitchingcode

Apart from Fulham,it’s all to play for l watch a lot of championship games and always watch quest and don’t think it’s as strong as it’s been in previous seasons.I also believe it will be harder next season with 3 from the likes of Newcastle Norwich Burnley Watford Southampton Leeds (please)or
even Brighton and Brentford coming down.Most will be able to keep a strong squad whereas championship teams who miss out in the playoffs will lose their better players.This latest COVID issue will make it even more of a lottery if it goes on for a longer period as we will have to endure the ridiculous fixture schedule as last season.
Rubbish on 11:23 - Dec 18 with 1999 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rubbish on 10:19 - Dec 18 by essextaxiboy

Those Baggies just can’t recognise an artist when they see one!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rubbish on 12:18 - Dec 18 with 1864 viewsTacticalR

Earlier in the season I assumed that because the top 3 teams (Fulham, Bournemouth, West Brom) looked so much stronger than everyone else, there would be one strong team in the play-offs that would win probably the play-offs quite easily. At the moment it's not looking like that.

A couple of other things worth mentioning...
The top 2 teams are not out of sight of the play-off teams.
The top 6 teams are not out of sight of the mid-table teams.

Air hostess clique

Rubbish on 12:39 - Dec 18 with 1812 viewskensalriser

Rubbish on 11:05 - Dec 18 by switchingcode

Apart from Fulham,it’s all to play for l watch a lot of championship games and always watch quest and don’t think it’s as strong as it’s been in previous seasons.I also believe it will be harder next season with 3 from the likes of Newcastle Norwich Burnley Watford Southampton Leeds (please)or
even Brighton and Brentford coming down.Most will be able to keep a strong squad whereas championship teams who miss out in the playoffs will lose their better players.This latest COVID issue will make it even more of a lottery if it goes on for a longer period as we will have to endure the ridiculous fixture schedule as last season.

Every year people say it will be tougher next season. It rarely is.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rubbish on 12:49 - Dec 18 with 1780 viewsDavieQPR

Rubbish on 10:19 - Dec 18 by essextaxiboy

Furlong doesn't come out much better. Seems to be only in the team for his long throws and towel work.
Rubbish on 13:44 - Dec 18 with 1667 viewsterryb

Middlesbrough against Bournemouth is a little better, but far from good. At least there has been a goal form a penalty for 'boro though.

Three bad misses from AFC in the first half, leads me to hope that they can hold on.
Rubbish on 14:08 - Dec 18 with 1603 viewsloftboy

Rubbish on 13:44 - Dec 18 by terryb

Middlesbrough against Bournemouth is a little better, but far from good. At least there has been a goal form a penalty for 'boro though.

Three bad misses from AFC in the first half, leads me to hope that they can hold on.

As it stands, win our two games in hand and we are two points off auto!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024