Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smallest club 15:24 - Apr 24 with 7372 viewshoopstar67

Are we currently the smallest and least successful club in West London as Chelsea, Brentford and Fulham are all now premier league clubs?
Smallest club on 15:29 - Apr 24 with 5239 viewsstowmarketrange

That’s because we are the only club in West London.Two are in SW London and one is in Middlesex.
Smallest club on 15:44 - Apr 24 with 5177 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smallest club on 15:29 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

That’s because we are the only club in West London.Two are in SW London and one is in Middlesex.

Which also makes us the largest and most successful club in West London.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smallest club on 15:51 - Apr 24 with 5145 viewsstowmarketrange

Smallest club on 15:44 - Apr 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Which also makes us the largest and most successful club in West London.

And one of only 2 clubs in the west of Greater London to have actually won a trophy,and we don’t mention the other one.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 16:42]
Smallest club on 16:11 - Apr 24 with 5042 viewsRangersw12

How the fck can anyone say we are smaller than Brentford 😂
Smallest club on 16:16 - Apr 24 with 5028 viewsqpr_1968

for me we are the....

biggest club
only club
and my club.

all the rest can f cough.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Smallest club on 16:22 - Apr 24 with 4997 viewsstowmarketrange

Smallest club on 16:11 - Apr 24 by Rangersw12

How the fck can anyone say we are smaller than Brentford 😂

If they manage 14 seasons in the top division without a world war in between they might get to be bigger than us.Plus 2 or 3 times we finished as London’s top club and not just Middlesex’s top one.
Smallest club on 16:25 - Apr 24 with 4979 viewsLblock

We're just about keeping our noses in front of Hanwell Town

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Smallest club on 17:04 - Apr 24 with 4851 viewsPinnerPaul

There's loads of clubs in West London, so smallest and least successful, nope we are not!
Login to get fewer ads

Smallest club on 17:28 - Apr 24 with 4812 viewsNoDiddley

Probably one of the most stupid post since this site was started.
Smallest club on 19:36 - Apr 24 with 4614 viewsconnell10

Smallest club on 17:28 - Apr 24 by NoDiddley

Probably a Bentford fan mate !!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smallest club on 20:17 - Apr 24 with 4531 viewsTacticalR

Most of the teams in the division are from one-club cities, so their size is fixed (or feels like it is). QPR are a London club but surrounded by other London clubs...so our size seems more...indeterminate.

Ingham pondered all this ten years ago when Hughes was in charge:

'I think that, in our minds, we're building something big out of something small. This is West London, so we're a big small club, not one of those undersized outfits apparently confined for ever to the lower leagues...

The Board are happy to play up to it, so are the press. We think we should dispose of Reading or West Ham as if they are negligible and we are a heavyweight outfit.

It is as if they're not worthy of us, like Holloway and Warnock. Little guys at heart, out of their depth.'

The back or sack dilemma for chairmen
https://qprreport.proboards.com/post/296623

Air hostess clique

Smallest club on 20:46 - Apr 24 with 4471 viewsstevec

In my 62 years this’ll be the first year we’ve been the only west London club outside the top flight.

If you’d told me anytime last Century this would happen I’d have laughed in your face.

It does hurt.
Smallest club on 20:59 - Apr 24 with 4442 viewshoopstar67

How is it a stupid post. Legitimate question. Some fans are just deluded in how big QPR are. Typical fan response to a legitimate question about our club. Blinkered and closed mind.I'm desperate for us to be doing well. I actually thought we would at least be in the play offs at the start of the season. Full of hope. The end has been a disgrace really. If we are to actually grow as a club we need to be doing better than the clubs around us. Last few years our football has been crap until last year. Unfortunately to late for some younger fans like my son to be hooked. He had enough of watching rubbish displays and lost interest. That's the real problem. Getting younger fans hooked on our club for the future of QPR.
Smallest club on 21:01 - Apr 24 with 4429 viewsMancR

Smallest club on 16:25 - Apr 24 by Lblock

We would have lost to them on Saturday
Smallest club on 21:01 - Apr 24 with 4428 viewshoopstar67

Smallest club on 19:36 - Apr 24 by connell10

QPR fan since 1975 mate. Seen all the ups and downs. Just because you don't agree doesn't make me a supporter of another club. Didn't know we can't ask questions 🙄
Smallest club on 21:58 - Apr 24 with 4315 viewsdaveB

we are currently a long way behind the other 3 and it will get worse before it gets better
Smallest club on 22:02 - Apr 24 with 4301 viewsconnell10

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smallest club on 22:16 - Apr 24 with 4265 viewsstowmarketrange

Smallest club on 21:58 - Apr 24 by daveB

we are currently a long way behind the other 3 and it will get worse before it gets better

And they were all a long way behind us in the 70’s and 80’s,and they were probably envious of our success.And two of them continued to be way behind us until the turn of the 21st century.
Football goes in cycles and always has done.Money plays a big part in football these days,especially with the parachute payments that Fulham have had this season.Do you think they would’ve been so successful this season without them?
What have two of them won?Feck all is the answer,for all the money they’ve invested.And that probably won’t change any time soon.
Celebrate our club’s history and know that it will be our turn again soon.
Smallest club on 23:23 - Apr 24 with 4153 viewsPeterHucker

Smallest club on 20:46 - Apr 24 by stevec

In my 62 years this’ll be the first year we’ve been the only west London club outside the top flight.

If you’d told me anytime last Century this would happen I’d have laughed in your face.

It does hurt.

It's never happened before as far as I can see.
During Brentford's previous brief spells in the First Division (in the 1930s & 1940s) Fulham were in the Second Division.

So I'm pretty sure that next season will be the first time ever that a team from SW6 and a team from TW8 have been in the top division together.
Smallest club on 23:28 - Apr 24 with 4134 viewsdaveB

Smallest club on 22:16 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

And they were all a long way behind us in the 70’s and 80’s,and they were probably envious of our success.And two of them continued to be way behind us until the turn of the 21st century.
Football goes in cycles and always has done.Money plays a big part in football these days,especially with the parachute payments that Fulham have had this season.Do you think they would’ve been so successful this season without them?
What have two of them won?Feck all is the answer,for all the money they’ve invested.And that probably won’t change any time soon.

how far behind us they were in the 70s and 80s is irrelevant to be honest. As we stand today we are a long way behind, we could of course turn that around, I wouldn't rule it out but it's not going to change anytime soon
Smallest club on 23:29 - Apr 24 with 4133 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Smallest club on 22:16 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

And the 90s!

I was talking to a Palace mate earlier about the 92/93 season where they were relegated with 49 points.

We finished 5th. Top London club!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Smallest club on 05:17 - Apr 25 with 3965 viewsSydneyRs

Certainly not smallest if Brentford are included. They are currently better of course, but not bigger.
Smallest club on 10:05 - Apr 25 with 3706 viewstoboboly

Smallest club on 16:25 - Apr 24 by Lblock

I think Hanwell went unbeaten this season in the league

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Smallest club on 10:13 - Apr 25 with 3694 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Smallest club on 16:22 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

If they manage 14 seasons in the top division without a world war in between they might get to be bigger than us.Plus 2 or 3 times we finished as London’s top club and not just Middlesex’s top one.

I may be wrong but I think we were London's top club several years running.
Smallest club on 10:39 - Apr 25 with 3629 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford definitely smallest QPR and Fulham about the same size unless you are doing a meaningless league table of all the clubs on their size the only thing that matters is the present and where you sit in the football league tables.Bradford City Bristol Rovers and Swindon in Div 2 for example are bigger than Brentford in regards to their fan base.Just be grateful you still have a club to support no matter how big or small.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024