Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Sat 17:54 - Aug 18 with 7583 viewsRangersw12

Defence and keeper obviously pick themsleves

Seny

Laird
Paal
Dickie
Dunne

Field
Johansen

Willock
Chair
Adomah

Roberts

Midfield we don't really have many options unless you want to drop Chair to a deeper role. Have to drop Dykes after Tuesday IMO

We really miss Amos in CM who can get out and press as we do seem to be easy to play against down the middle where you can run onto our defenders
Team for Sat on 18:12 - Aug 18 with 4425 viewsStreathamRanger

I'm not going on Saturday but if I were I'd be pretty pissed off to see Johansen sitting on top of the CBs again. I'd still rather have Dozzell as at least he might improve. I suspect he'll give Dykes one more go. Armstrong, off the bench earlier if things not going to plan.
I'd have Chair deep with Field and Dozzell then Willock Roberts and Dykes as front three. Assuming Willock can only last an hour, move Chair forward for last 30 and bring on Johansen. Albert or Armstrong to give Roberts a break.
Team for Sat on 18:40 - Aug 18 with 4359 viewsdaveB

I don't think I'd start Adomah, he has looked a bit hopeless so far this season especially in the number 10 role.

I'd change the whole formation but assuming he won't think it will be Willock for Dykes with Roberts up front although Dykes has a good record against Rotherham, scored against them 3 times. Him coming off the bench with Armstrong second half might work when Roberts and Willock tire.
Team for Sat on 19:01 - Aug 18 with 4308 viewsNed_Kennedys

Team for Sat on 18:12 - Aug 18 by StreathamRanger

I'm not going on Saturday but if I were I'd be pretty pissed off to see Johansen sitting on top of the CBs again. I'd still rather have Dozzell as at least he might improve. I suspect he'll give Dykes one more go. Armstrong, off the bench earlier if things not going to plan.
I'd have Chair deep with Field and Dozzell then Willock Roberts and Dykes as front three. Assuming Willock can only last an hour, move Chair forward for last 30 and bring on Johansen. Albert or Armstrong to give Roberts a break.

I agree: no way can we have Johansen and Field as defensive central midfielders otherwise it will be a repeat of Tuesday’s debacle.
Team for Sat on 19:14 - Aug 18 with 4269 viewsParkRoyalR

Assuming Beale stays with his seemingly preferred 4-3-3 formation, reckon he will drop Dozzell to the bench and play Chair on the right of SJ with Field on the left and a front 3 of Roberts + Dykes + Willock,

Could be wrong, but like a few managers now, I believe we are a better 'team' when Dykes plays, as was involved in almost all the key moments on Tuesday including decent hold-up play for Sinclair's late chance, so reckon Beale will want similar of him on Saturday, tying up the centre-halves to give space for Roberts & Willock to play off him, lets see.

Whatever team he picks, as long as Willock starts, I'm confident - no Willcock and we'll likely huff & puff like we did in the 2nd Half on Tuesday as that lad is a different level in the final 3rd to any of the others.
Team for Sat on 19:45 - Aug 18 with 4208 viewsthompsonridd

What's happening on Saturday
Team for Sat on 21:48 - Aug 18 with 4039 viewsJamesB1979

I think if we’re going to have our full backs so attacking, we need to have more mobile midfield, so no Johansen.

Dieng
Laird, Dunne, Dickie, Paal
Field, Dozzell
Willock, Chair, Armstrong
Roberts
Team for Sat on 22:02 - Aug 18 with 4005 viewstraininvain

I’d be tempted to start 3 at the back with Kakay or Masterson as the additional centre back. Laird and Paal as wing backs to get the best out of them and provide more width.

I’m unconvinced by the 433 it hasn’t really worked apart from the first half vs Middlesbrough. Maybe give it another chance once we have the likes of JCS, Amos and Richards back from injury.
Team for Sat on 22:14 - Aug 18 with 3973 viewsJamesB1979

Team for Sat on 22:02 - Aug 18 by traininvain

I’d be tempted to start 3 at the back with Kakay or Masterson as the additional centre back. Laird and Paal as wing backs to get the best out of them and provide more width.

I’m unconvinced by the 433 it hasn’t really worked apart from the first half vs Middlesbrough. Maybe give it another chance once we have the likes of JCS, Amos and Richards back from injury.

Yeah I’d probably agree with that but not sure Mick will change it just yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Sat on 00:08 - Aug 19 with 3851 viewsdistortR

Amos being talked up a lot at the moment, despite his goals and obvious potential, he had plenty of invisible games last season.
Team for Sat on 00:27 - Aug 19 with 3836 viewsLythamR

Seny

Laird
Paal
Dickie
Dunne

Field
Johansen

Willock
Chair
Roberts

Dykes.
Team for Sat on 04:34 - Aug 19 with 3730 viewsstainrods_elbow

Team for Sat on 18:40 - Aug 18 by daveB

I don't think I'd start Adomah, he has looked a bit hopeless so far this season especially in the number 10 role.

I'd change the whole formation but assuming he won't think it will be Willock for Dykes with Roberts up front although Dykes has a good record against Rotherham, scored against them 3 times. Him coming off the bench with Armstrong second half might work when Roberts and Willock tire.

Beale said on the Offish we'd go with a different shape vs Rotherham, so hopefully we can trust him on that in a way we obviously couldn't re Willock's (non-)appearance vs Blackpool.

Re Chair's role this Saturday, who - his lovely free kick at the Stadium of Pretentious Illumination aside - played on Tuesday like he needed a rocket up his jacksie, to the point I'd be on the verge of considering dropping him were it not for his Willie returning. For me, he's a no.10, operating best just behind which gives us a problem as Roberts seems to have a similar affinity, unless he can be converted by default to a centre forward. I agree Dykes has to be benched, and I was surprised some people rated Dozzell's 2nd half performance as highly as they did vs Blackpool. I also think Armstrong deserves to start.

Some kind of fluid, handbrake-off 3-1-4-2, with Paal and Laird in W/B roles as suggested?

Dieng

Masterson
Dickie
Dunne

Field

Paal
Willock
Chair
Laird

Roberts
Armstrong

Subs

Walsh
Dykes
Adomah
Johansen
Shodipo
Kakay
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 4:39]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Team for Sat on 04:43 - Aug 19 with 3715 viewsstainrods_elbow

Team for Sat on 19:14 - Aug 18 by ParkRoyalR

Assuming Beale stays with his seemingly preferred 4-3-3 formation, reckon he will drop Dozzell to the bench and play Chair on the right of SJ with Field on the left and a front 3 of Roberts + Dykes + Willock,

Could be wrong, but like a few managers now, I believe we are a better 'team' when Dykes plays, as was involved in almost all the key moments on Tuesday including decent hold-up play for Sinclair's late chance, so reckon Beale will want similar of him on Saturday, tying up the centre-halves to give space for Roberts & Willock to play off him, lets see.

Whatever team he picks, as long as Willock starts, I'm confident - no Willcock and we'll likely huff & puff like we did in the 2nd Half on Tuesday as that lad is a different level in the final 3rd to any of the others.

Oh, Dykes was 'involved' all right - but to our cost, as I think just about everyone agrees. If a striker who knew where the goal and how to put the ball in it had been participating on Tuesday night, we'd likely have won that game, as Beale said. Apart from helping us not to win in that first half, remind me exactly what it was he contributed in the second?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Team for Sat on 05:36 - Aug 19 with 3710 viewsHAYESBOY

Dieng
Laird Dickie Dunne Paal
Dozzell Field Johansen
Willock Chair
Roberts

Beale likes 4-3-2-1

Personally would go with

Dieng
Laird Dicke Dunne Paal
Field Johansen
Willock Roberts Chair
Dykes
Armstrong on as impact sub if we have not got a lead.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Team for Sat on 08:55 - Aug 19 with 3523 viewsstevec

Team for Sat on 21:48 - Aug 18 by JamesB1979

I think if we’re going to have our full backs so attacking, we need to have more mobile midfield, so no Johansen.

Dieng
Laird, Dunne, Dickie, Paal
Field, Dozzell
Willock, Chair, Armstrong
Roberts

This is probably the only formation that might work.

Disgusting how the central midfield went walkabout on Tuesday. Wish Barbet was still here to give us a few other options.
Team for Sat on 09:38 - Aug 19 with 3482 viewsderbyhoop

Same side as Tuesday except Willock for either Dozzell or Jojo.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Team for Sat on 10:04 - Aug 19 with 3426 viewsnix

Apparently Paal had his nose broken on Tuesday. Not sure if he'll be able to play on Saturday. I guess he could wear one of those masks?
Team for Sat on 10:15 - Aug 19 with 3393 viewsgazza1

100% - i do not want to see Field playing on the left, as an attacking midfielder, threading balls left and right, etc, etc, etc - I want him as the defensive centre midfield player CDM) - sorry but he cannot do the stuff I have been reading that MB wants him to do and the sooner MB realises that the better team we will be. Field enhances the team as a DCM player massively.....not a massive difficult role to play but important and he does it pretty well - sit in front of the back 4, play the ball backwards and sideways and find your man with the ball, shut players down, win tackles and headers and try not to give the ball away.

Same back 4, Willock, Chair midfield, another forward than LD (ffs) and anyone else tbh because there is not a lot of difference in them otherwise.
Team for Sat on 10:28 - Aug 19 with 3352 viewsA40Bosh

Senny

Dickie
Dunne
Masterson (to test the back 3 shape when JCS is back)

Laird
Field
Stef
Nico (assuming broken nose prevents Paal)

Chair
Roberts
Willock

(Armstrong to come on 2nd half, if we are struggling then earlier than later 2nd half!)

Beale hinted at a change of shape for this Saturday on a West London Sport interview

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Team for Sat on 10:31 - Aug 19 with 3329 viewsNorthernr

I don't care if Paal has broken his fckng spine, wheel him out there. Please God don't make me sit through another afternoon with Nico.

Dieng

Laird
Dickie
Dunne
Paal

Field
Johansen
Dozzell

Chair
Roberts
Willock

I suspect.

Could really do with a win. We just need to tick this over until the injured players are back, not go on a run of defeats and turn toxic before the new manager has even had a chance to get his feet under the table. Won't have many better chances to do that than Rotherham at home.
Team for Sat on 10:40 - Aug 19 with 3293 viewsdaveB

Team for Sat on 10:31 - Aug 19 by Northernr

I don't care if Paal has broken his fckng spine, wheel him out there. Please God don't make me sit through another afternoon with Nico.

Dieng

Laird
Dickie
Dunne
Paal

Field
Johansen
Dozzell

Chair
Roberts
Willock

I suspect.

Could really do with a win. We just need to tick this over until the injured players are back, not go on a run of defeats and turn toxic before the new manager has even had a chance to get his feet under the table. Won't have many better chances to do that than Rotherham at home.

I was a little concerned on Tuesday that Paal didn't actually look that much of an upgrade on Nico, don't get me wrong he was a lot better but going from a 4/10 player to a 5/10 player didn't look promising. Thats probably harsh on Paal as its the first time I've seen him play
Team for Sat on 10:47 - Aug 19 with 3274 viewsGaxZE

To get the best out of chair and willock in the 10 role, we need to give them space and not overcrowd it with runners like dozzell or field... so:

Dieng

Masterson
Dunne
Dickie (he can carry the ball out like the start of last season)

Paal
Dozzell
Field
Laird

Willock
Chair

Dykes (last chance)

If Dykes can't get anything out of this game then he's done. I'd be flogging him as a result. His blackpool and other woeful performances would be ammo for a chat this week to tell him to get after it this weekend.

Roberts on for Willock likely around 60mins, Sinclair for Dykes if going to shit. I'd also be tell chair he needs to perform, bit of a passenger last few weeks.
Team for Sat on 10:49 - Aug 19 with 3251 viewsParkRoyalR

Hope I'm wrong but I am already getting nervous about the man-management, selection of player positions and comms from our new manager.

Comms-wise Warburton did'nt play to the crowd and had the strength of character to say I'm the Manager and I have a clear plan.

Man-management wise dropping Dunne from the first XI, playing Laird after a 45 minute training session, not putting Bonne on the bench on Tuesday, leaving Willock and Amos out on the pitch too long after their return from injury, all seem quite short-termist and maybe a sign of panic already.

Selection-wise playing Dozzell in Right Midfield in front of a new Right Back who's been at the club 48 hours is almost up there with playing Harry Maguire on the left of a back 3, why would you do that?
Team for Sat on 10:53 - Aug 19 with 3238 viewsderbyhoop

Team for Sat on 10:15 - Aug 19 by gazza1

100% - i do not want to see Field playing on the left, as an attacking midfielder, threading balls left and right, etc, etc, etc - I want him as the defensive centre midfield player CDM) - sorry but he cannot do the stuff I have been reading that MB wants him to do and the sooner MB realises that the better team we will be. Field enhances the team as a DCM player massively.....not a massive difficult role to play but important and he does it pretty well - sit in front of the back 4, play the ball backwards and sideways and find your man with the ball, shut players down, win tackles and headers and try not to give the ball away.

Same back 4, Willock, Chair midfield, another forward than LD (ffs) and anyone else tbh because there is not a lot of difference in them otherwise.

Another forward other than LD?

Who have you got in mind?
Armstrong is not ready to be the main man, as yet.
Roberts isn't a main striker (1 goal every 10)
Bonne is permanently offside, if he hasn't been sold by now.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Team for Sat on 10:55 - Aug 19 with 3229 viewsA40Bosh

Team for Sat on 10:49 - Aug 19 by ParkRoyalR

Hope I'm wrong but I am already getting nervous about the man-management, selection of player positions and comms from our new manager.

Comms-wise Warburton did'nt play to the crowd and had the strength of character to say I'm the Manager and I have a clear plan.

Man-management wise dropping Dunne from the first XI, playing Laird after a 45 minute training session, not putting Bonne on the bench on Tuesday, leaving Willock and Amos out on the pitch too long after their return from injury, all seem quite short-termist and maybe a sign of panic already.

Selection-wise playing Dozzell in Right Midfield in front of a new Right Back who's been at the club 48 hours is almost up there with playing Harry Maguire on the left of a back 3, why would you do that?

Beale is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

People were going mental on here in the stands when Warbs repeated subbed off a Willock or other player deemed to be having a good game even though Warbs was saying the medical people told him 60mins max and then they have to come off. People were then dismissing that and say it is worth the risk to chase the win or an equalizer.

Beale comes in and takes that risk (so he says anyway) and left them on to 70 mins and we have not seen Willock since.

So was Warbs right all along or was the 3 points we got against Middlesbrough worth the risk as psychologically we are at least going in to the Rotherham game not in the bottom 3!!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Team for Sat on 11:10 - Aug 19 with 3172 viewsParkRoyalR

Team for Sat on 10:55 - Aug 19 by A40Bosh

Beale is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

People were going mental on here in the stands when Warbs repeated subbed off a Willock or other player deemed to be having a good game even though Warbs was saying the medical people told him 60mins max and then they have to come off. People were then dismissing that and say it is worth the risk to chase the win or an equalizer.

Beale comes in and takes that risk (so he says anyway) and left them on to 70 mins and we have not seen Willock since.

So was Warbs right all along or was the 3 points we got against Middlesbrough worth the risk as psychologically we are at least going in to the Rotherham game not in the bottom 3!!!!

100% agree, good post, and the call on Willock and Amos was the right call as if we'd lost our 1st home game after being 3-0 nil up, our lot would have been hysterical,

However...
- dropping Dunne
- dropping Kakay for a player who's been at the club 48hrs
- dropping Bonne from the bench when you only have one other option to lead the line
- substituting Chair.....all of the above not good for morale as these 4 are all 'grafters'
- playing new (Laird) or weak fullbacks (Nico) in a 4 with Dozell & SJ in front of them!

Football management is'nt really that difficult, identify a formation to best suit your 11 best players, and playing Dozzell in front of Laird is one of those oh oh moments when you think wtf is he thinking....Dozzell is not quick, not defensively minded, has no right foot, that's some debut for Laird.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024