Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer on tonight's loss 22:52 - Aug 16 with 2575 viewsbosh67

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12674788/michael-beale-weve-only-got-ourse

He's very honest. Perhaps protects Dykes a bit but otherwise hard to argue with much that he says. A few fans already calling for his head 4 games in, without his best player and with others only just coming through - Armstrong and Roberts. For me, at some point the possibility of Roberts, Armstrong and Willock as a front three fills me with hope. Brains, pace and guile.

Try not to f*cking panic!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 22:53]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:01 - Aug 16 with 2453 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fair assessment if a little protective of Dykes. To be fair, the forward line in general was guilty of not getting into the box quick enough to give Laird something to aim for. Perhaps it has been starved of service for too long. Hopefully more minutes on the training pitch will build relationships and encourage the strikers to make those runs in behind. QPR look far more threatening when it's front line is attacking forward balls as opposed to playing with their backs to goal.
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:01 - Aug 16 with 2468 viewsdistortR

yeah, it's a disappointing start, but he's taken over a team that was in freefall, out of form and confidence, he's made some interesting signings but is hampered by injuries and our financial situation. it's going to take a while to turn this round.
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:13 - Aug 16 with 2316 viewsEastR

Sorry not having that 'moment of quality from Bowler'. From the first 5 mins they overloaded us down our left and we did nothing to change that for 40 mins. Tactically poor that and was obvious everyone apparently except the manager. We allowed that to happen.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:20 - Aug 16 with 2254 viewsgazza1

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:13 - Aug 16 by EastR

Sorry not having that 'moment of quality from Bowler'. From the first 5 mins they overloaded us down our left and we did nothing to change that for 40 mins. Tactically poor that and was obvious everyone apparently except the manager. We allowed that to happen.

You know why we were overloaded.....because Field was playing there and he was coming inside for whatever reason. Field needs to play just in front on the back 4 - simple as that. He is not good enough to play anywhere else and he is proper decent when he does play there. Why MB is not playing him there is what I want to know..
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:21]
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:31 - Aug 16 with 2159 viewssdm1508

I really do think when everyone is fit we will have more of the players to make Beale's style work. Midfield of Field,Richards and one other maybe Amos will provide presence and mobility. Running from midfield passed the strikers. Can see a front three of of Roberts, Wilock and Chair. Laird showed promise and once match fit and sharp will see more of him
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:34 - Aug 16 with 2141 viewseastside_r

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:13 - Aug 16 by EastR

Yeah. What is it when managers can’t see what is obvious to everyone else in the stadium yet he waits until the 68th minute to make the first change when he has 5 available.

Also our left-footed trio of SJ, Field and Dozzell cannot play together. It just looks so unbalanced.

Blackpool no way have better players than us, but were easily tactically the better team tonight. Disappointing.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 19:43]
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 00:04 - Aug 17 with 2033 viewsDannytheR

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:31 - Aug 16 by sdm1508

I really do think when everyone is fit we will have more of the players to make Beale's style work. Midfield of Field,Richards and one other maybe Amos will provide presence and mobility. Running from midfield passed the strikers. Can see a front three of of Roberts, Wilock and Chair. Laird showed promise and once match fit and sharp will see more of him

Yep, tonight was a terrible way to spend a Tuesday night but I'll only be worried if we're still producing performances like that once we've got something more like our best starting 11 out there.

The weak links are pretty obvious. Like you, I see Johansen losing his place to Amos and/or RIchards, and Dykes too once Chair, Willock and Roberts can all be called on at the same time. (With Armstrong as the bench option.)
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 0:04]
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 01:30 - Aug 17 with 1892 viewscharmr

Put it very eloquently about getting too high or too low after football games. Fcuk me look how it goes on this message board after games.

Wasn’t great tonight but wasn’t horrible. we have some bang average players and he knows it. Why?
Now that’s a can of worms that takes up 8 pages and everyone slagging each other off by the top of page 3.

Football management anyone?

Patrick Agyemang and his Bentley anyone?
Login to get fewer ads

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 03:12 - Aug 17 with 1827 viewskarlski

First time I've not mainly agreed with his assessment post game. This wasn't a match where we created many good chances, didn't take them, and got caught out. We created absolutely nothing and looked less organised and tactically astute than the other side (obviously we'd hope with time this will improve). On the BBC he's quoted as saying 'anyone could see the effort and energy' - again, not sure, not a lot of great movement off the ball (at least from the TV, I know it can look very different live). We had a lot of the ball second half but Blackpool were quite comfortable.

True there are positives to take and hope we can deliver a performance against Rotherham.
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 08:45 - Aug 17 with 1531 viewstraininvain

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 01:30 - Aug 17 by charmr

Put it very eloquently about getting too high or too low after football games. Fcuk me look how it goes on this message board after games.

Wasn’t great tonight but wasn’t horrible. we have some bang average players and he knows it. Why?
Now that’s a can of worms that takes up 8 pages and everyone slagging each other off by the top of page 3.

It does feel a bit like the end of the world on here whenever we lose a game. I can understand the frustration but it’s not even the end of August and the usual suspects are talking about relegation!

For what it’s worth, I thought a point last night would’ve been a fair result. Blackpool edged the first half and we created the better chances overall.

We’ve got a new manager and several new players along with some injury problems (not least our best player). It’s going to take a bit of time for it all to gel. Keep the faith!
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 09:06 - Aug 17 with 1451 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hard to argue with any of that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 19:23 - Aug 17 with 1155 viewsbosh67

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:01 - Aug 16 by distortR

yeah, it's a disappointing start, but he's taken over a team that was in freefall, out of form and confidence, he's made some interesting signings but is hampered by injuries and our financial situation. it's going to take a while to turn this round.

Well said.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 19:35 - Aug 17 with 1128 viewsPhilmyRs

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 03:12 - Aug 17 by karlski

First time I've not mainly agreed with his assessment post game. This wasn't a match where we created many good chances, didn't take them, and got caught out. We created absolutely nothing and looked less organised and tactically astute than the other side (obviously we'd hope with time this will improve). On the BBC he's quoted as saying 'anyone could see the effort and energy' - again, not sure, not a lot of great movement off the ball (at least from the TV, I know it can look very different live). We had a lot of the ball second half but Blackpool were quite comfortable.

True there are positives to take and hope we can deliver a performance against Rotherham.

‘We created absolutely nothing’, really? Dykes is getting hammered for the chances he missed so we must have created some chances right? Thought we looked too open but I did see effort from the team and I felt we did create enough chances to have found the net at least once. I agree with most of his assessment.
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 19:43 - Aug 17 with 1100 viewsstanistheman

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:34 - Aug 16 by eastside_r

Yeah. What is it when managers can’t see what is obvious to everyone else in the stadium yet he waits until the 68th minute to make the first change when he has 5 available.

Also our left-footed trio of SJ, Field and Dozzell cannot play together. It just looks so unbalanced.

Blackpool no way have better players than us, but were easily tactically the better team tonight. Disappointing.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 19:43]

Some good points raised by others on here but I agree with you on why did it take until the 68th minute to make a change?

Johansen as a deep lying midfielder is not working and Field is clearly more comfortable in that role so at least switch them back or take him off (but in MB’ defence we didn’t have any other cm on the bench - naming Masterson as one is a joke given his pre season games).

Dykes was having a bad day at the office again as he did at Blackburn (I could attempt some humour here but won’t) and should have been replaced with Armstrong after about 55 minutes. I also question the decision to omit Bonne from the bench in favour of Hamalainen as Kakay could have covered the position as effectively or better than the former.

I guess we will not be bringing anyone else in before the Rotherham game so will just have to wait and see what MB does about the team changes (Willock to return maybe).
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 20:08 - Aug 17 with 1056 viewsdm97

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 01:30 - Aug 17 by charmr

Twitter is even worse. Have reactions to results always been this ridiculously extreme? I guess society is just angrier right now, now there’s a can of worms…
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 20:20 - Aug 17 with 1020 viewsNorthantsHoop

MB is still finding his feet, he has been making a lot of reference to Fortress Loftus Road and this I think is how he will be judged, got off to a good start against Boro but had to throw kitchen sink at it with putting Amos and Willock in, possibly before they were fit enough. His fate will be dictated by the form at Loftus Road, if he can stem losing winnable games at home then progress is being made, Warburton improved our away form but suffered far too many home defeats in his 3 seasons as has been the case with our other managers since relegation in 2015. Last night was hopefully a blip, lose to Rotherham and Hull difficulties will begin.
Gaffer on tonight's loss on 20:29 - Aug 17 with 978 viewsstanistheman

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 20:20 - Aug 17 by NorthantsHoop

MB is still finding his feet, he has been making a lot of reference to Fortress Loftus Road and this I think is how he will be judged, got off to a good start against Boro but had to throw kitchen sink at it with putting Amos and Willock in, possibly before they were fit enough. His fate will be dictated by the form at Loftus Road, if he can stem losing winnable games at home then progress is being made, Warburton improved our away form but suffered far too many home defeats in his 3 seasons as has been the case with our other managers since relegation in 2015. Last night was hopefully a blip, lose to Rotherham and Hull difficulties will begin.

We have in the not so distant past managed to lose 3 in a row at home on a few occasions, so wouldn’t be too surprised if we lost those (especially against Hull who do quite well at HQ and have got off to a good start with their well funded signings).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024