Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Martin - That difficult second album 15:42 - Mar 13 with 5722 viewsChrisNW6

I think I have seen enough positives from Chris Martin to hope for 1yr deal in the summer. Another year of working with both Dykes and Armstrong would benefit both and I don't see any negatives. He has kept himself in reasonable shape and doesn't seem to struggle injury wise. Probably not going to excite the football purists but I think we are all expecting a tough season next year.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 16:02 - Mar 13 with 4477 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't make any decision on him until the summer
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 16:03 - Mar 13 with 4475 viewsLoyalitat

Totally agree with you. An experienced striker was what we needed from the start of the season. Especially in the case of teaching both Dykes and Armstrong to be more polished in their overall game, as well as the dark arts..

The young striker at Bristol City, Conway, has clearly benefited from having more experienced strikers around him: Wells, Weimann and until recently Martin. I'm not saying that Armstrong is as good as Conway, but the presence of an experienced striker at this level with whom he trains alongside, can only aid Armstrong's progress in my view and perhaps Alfie Lloyd's too.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 16:28]
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 16:17 - Mar 13 with 4416 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He's done well so far. Wages might be an issue.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 16:54 - Mar 13 with 4293 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chris, you've been doing well, but might be an idea to make your handle a little less obvious mate ;)

Bare bones.

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 17:20 - Mar 13 with 4164 viewsderbyhoop

I don't think many were welcoming Martin when he arrived.
However, he's looked a useful addition and can act as a mentor for Armstrong. Unless h wants silly money I'd be happy to offer him another year.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 17:24 - Mar 13 with 4150 viewsChrisNW6

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 16:54 - Mar 13 by Antti_Heinola

Chris, you've been doing well, but might be an idea to make your handle a little less obvious mate ;)

Desperate times mate, didn't realise London was so expensive 😁
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 18:47 - Mar 13 with 3929 viewsnumptydumpty

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 17:24 - Mar 13 by ChrisNW6

Desperate times mate, didn't realise London was so expensive 😁

Be happy for him to be here next season especially if he seems be decent in a player coach capacity.

Perhaps we will keep hold of Lowe too. Obviously dependent on a few other aspects.

We do obviously as well as Dykes Armstrong and maybe Lloyd.

Kelman also I guess you never know also. He was spoken about as the best finisher at the club. Not sure what the thinking with regards to Charlie will be also.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 18:48]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 19:13 - Mar 13 with 3848 viewspaulhoop2

Never got why people on here criticised him so much no one else hot close to 12 goals last year . He’s proved himself must have summit about him to captain side so early in his time. shows Dickie / Dunne and dieng up really as they must be more natural choices and have captained us more recently in absence of Jo Jo

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 19:17 - Mar 13 with 3837 viewsjonath1

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 19:13 - Mar 13 by paulhoop2

Never got why people on here criticised him so much no one else hot close to 12 goals last year . He’s proved himself must have summit about him to captain side so early in his time. shows Dickie / Dunne and dieng up really as they must be more natural choices and have captained us more recently in absence of Jo Jo

GA said somewhere that he wanted the defence to focus on defending so he wouldn't be giving a defender the armband as that would be a distraction. Might be being polite but also makes sense.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 19:31 - Mar 13 with 3786 viewsPunteR

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 16:02 - Mar 13 by daveB

I wouldn't make any decision on him until the summer

Definitely this.

Having said that, he seems to be a different Chris Martin then the one I seem to remember playing for Derby, Norwich etc. Weird how your perception of players change once they play for you.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 19:37 - Mar 13 with 3771 viewsNottsQPR

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 18:47 - Mar 13 by numptydumpty

Be happy for him to be here next season especially if he seems be decent in a player coach capacity.

Perhaps we will keep hold of Lowe too. Obviously dependent on a few other aspects.

We do obviously as well as Dykes Armstrong and maybe Lloyd.

Kelman also I guess you never know also. He was spoken about as the best finisher at the club. Not sure what the thinking with regards to Charlie will be also.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 18:48]

That ‘Kelman is the best finisher at the club’ line is Gold. Up against Lyndon and Bonne, my mum’s in the Top 2!!!
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 21:54 - Mar 13 with 3572 viewsMrSheen

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 19:31 - Mar 13 by PunteR

Definitely this.

Having said that, he seems to be a different Chris Martin then the one I seem to remember playing for Derby, Norwich etc. Weird how your perception of players change once they play for you.

Wasn’t there on Saturday but from the video he seemed to be having the time of his life.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 22:26 - Mar 13 with 3451 viewsstevec

Martin has always been a good player, never liked him playing against us for that reason.

My worry is, as good as he’s been and he’s doing a good job now, I believe he’s 34 years old and there’s every chance any time now he’s going to go the same route as Adomah and whilst the minds willing it’s not a lot of use if the body doesn’t follow.

Let’s see how the rest of this season goes and even if alls well, give no more than a one year contract.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 23:51 - Mar 13 with 3320 viewsSydneyRs

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 19:31 - Mar 13 by PunteR

Definitely this.

Known as the Warnock effect I believe.

If he isn't costing a lot I'd definitely keep him around. Just what our bunch of softies need to provide some guidance as we saw at the weekend.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 08:14 - Mar 14 with 3022 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Loved his attitude from his first game for us.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 08:48 - Mar 14 with 2951 viewsTheChef

A better version of Brett Angell.

Don't see why we couldn't give him a one year deal, at the right price.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 08:49 - Mar 14 with 2947 viewsdavman

Did I mention that I Chris Martin?

No brainer for me IF he continues to prove his fitness and (Lee Hoos are you listening?) if we can afford a wage in whatever bracket we are paying next season.

So, so much better than Austin (who he was compared to when he signed) all round on the pitch AND he can last 90 minutes.

Exactly what Ainsworth ball needs.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 09:56 - Mar 14 with 2863 viewsdaveB

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 08:49 - Mar 14 by davman

No brainer for me IF he continues to prove his fitness and (Lee Hoos are you listening?) if we can afford a wage in whatever bracket we are paying next season.

So, so much better than Austin (who he was compared to when he signed) all round on the pitch AND he can last 90 minutes.

I think saying he's done better than Austin is generous. Austin when he first came back had a massive impact on and off the pitch, his second season has tainted that but those first few months he was superb. Martin has done exactly what i expected, been a decent target man, worked hard but not been more than a 6/10 in any game so far for me which is still better than what came before him but not anything to get excited about either.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 10:00 - Mar 14 with 2859 viewstkqpr

He could be Gareth's Akinfenwa?
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 10:08 - Mar 14 with 2831 viewsBAWHoops

It all depends on how we want the first team to look next season.
If we are punting long and holding it up then Dykes needs to start (unless we sell him to Millwall, which I think we will) and perhaps Martin can be second choice on very small wages. Issue is that he's not going to get any better though at 34.
You also need to look at the youngsters coming through that need fattening up for resale, Armstrong, Pedder, Richards, Kolli... will it work to have a big lumbering 34 year old up top if we need to get these boys up to scratch?
That's what a joined up thinking club would do

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 10:14 - Mar 14 with 2807 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 19:37 - Mar 13 by NottsQPR

That ‘Kelman is the best finisher at the club’ line is Gold. Up against Lyndon and Bonne, my mum’s in the Top 2!!!

I doubt your mum, or even you would get through 15 mins of a training session... even an U18's one.

The grass is always greener.

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 10:35 - Mar 14 with 2754 viewsTheChef

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 08:49 - Mar 14 by davman

Shhhhhh!

ParkRoyalR will hear you!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 10:45 - Mar 14 with 2706 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

See Johanson and Austin for cautionary tales about rewarding short term form.

No one is coming in the summer with a huge contract for a 35 year old striker.

I’d offer him a transfer window to transfer window contract assuming he continues to play well.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 11:00 - Mar 14 with 2674 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Does anyone have the stats for his disciplinary record across his career? Surprised he's only got one yellow card this season.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 11:17 - Mar 14 with 2628 viewsParkRoyalR

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 10:35 - Mar 14 by TheChef

Shhhhhh!

ParkRoyalR will hear you!

Haha, I'm with Davman, reckon you got me wrong with a few other posters who were always trying to defend the indefensible,

I thought Martin was just what we needed from the get-go, always a top championship level player and had the experience and physical presence we desperately needed with Dykes out,

Unfortunate for him that he has'nt got to play alongside our match-winners (Willock mainly and Chair) but is an option as a last 20 minutes replacement for Dykes (a la Matt Smith), just need to check if he's married to a busy popstar or is more focussed on a fledgling media career, if he's in, he needs to be all-in, as the club suffered hugely due to being ridden by those two last year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024