Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apathy 19:30 - Apr 15 with 7396 viewsGaryBannister86

I don't get the crowd's apathy today. The team were awful, dire, abysmal, as per mostly usual.

Apart from a half-hearted "You're not fit to wear the shirt" and some oiks (mostly young) disgracefully singing "f off Les Ferdinand" no-one seemed to care that these gits are taking us down and most of them will be off elsewhere instead. You can want Les out but telling him to f off is not on, in my opinion. He's only the DofF and has at least been a proper legend of the club, so how about taking the ire out on Laird, Lowe, Roberts et al instead?

Or have we just accepted it perhaps?

I don't find Laird coming on and twice, yes twice, gesturing to gee up the crowd at all amusing. Waster. It's not the crowd that needs geeing you pathetic fool, it's people like you and that's all too late.

Thought they would get pelters at the end, but nothing really.

Ah well, League One, thanks for coming.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 20:04]
Apathy on 19:32 - Apr 15 with 3727 viewsNortholt_Rs

Yep. I think we’ve all just given up with this bunch of cùnts. Can’t wait for all of the ‘players’ and the backroom grifters starting with LF to fùck off.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Apathy on 19:34 - Apr 15 with 3670 viewspaulparker

I thought the same
I saw people in the front seats of the paddocks and ER half a sleep , if this was any other club these players would have got it both barrels being so close to the touch line

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Apathy on 19:37 - Apr 15 with 3639 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Must have been at a different game. Thought we were noisy throughout.
Apathy on 19:40 - Apr 15 with 3602 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We seemed noisy on the stream, for what that's worth.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Apathy on 19:41 - Apr 15 with 3588 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Apathy on 19:40 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

We seemed noisy on the stream, for what that's worth.

Wrong kind of noise it seems.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 19:41]
Apathy on 19:46 - Apr 15 with 3505 viewsstevec

Yep, I think all the years of ‘we should be happy with 16th place’ and ‘really, we are a only a league one club that’s been punching above it’s weight’ has been rather too prevalent amongst our own fan base and has worn the bloody lot of us down.

We reap what we sow.
Apathy on 19:48 - Apr 15 with 3507 viewsGaryBannister86

Apathy on 19:37 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not my point at all, Bazza, I meant apathy towards the players. Support for the team, all good and noisy and no problem.

Letting the loan mercenaries et al off easily - not so much.
Apathy on 19:55 - Apr 15 with 3466 viewsKerryE

Apathy on 19:37 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree.
Don't know what op means.

I am astonished how our supporters are still turning up in numbers , and getting totally behind the team.
It's not our fault the team is lower league 1 level, I'm being generous but it's a fact.
Login to get fewer ads

Apathy on 19:58 - Apr 15 with 3416 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Apathy on 19:48 - Apr 15 by GaryBannister86

Not my point at all, Bazza, I meant apathy towards the players. Support for the team, all good and noisy and no problem.

Letting the loan mercenaries et al off easily - not so much.

That’s not really what apathy is though is it?

I guess what you are really saying that you are disappointed that supporters are not universally giving the players a kicking for 90 minutes.
Apathy on 19:59 - Apr 15 with 3417 viewsslmrstid

The stadium was pretty empty by the time the full time whistle went. I think that in itself sends a message. If I was playing and I could see people streaming out because we were getting battered again I'd be feeling pretty crap by it.

If this was Italy we'd have the ultras turning up in numbers at the training ground to burn flags and vandalise everyone's cars or something.
Apathy on 19:59 - Apr 15 with 3415 viewsGaryBannister86

Apathy on 19:55 - Apr 15 by KerryE

Agree.
Don't know what op means.

I am astonished how our supporters are still turning up in numbers , and getting totally behind the team.
It's not our fault the team is lower league 1 level, I'm being generous but it's a fact.

I don't think you are understanding my post! I specifically have a go at Laird for claiming we should be making more noise. I mean we are letting off these terrible wasters incredibly lightly, That kind of apathy.

I know we tried to rouse them whilst still in the game.
Apathy on 20:01 - Apr 15 with 3400 viewsGaryBannister86

Apathy on 19:58 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s not really what apathy is though is it?

I guess what you are really saying that you are disappointed that supporters are not universally giving the players a kicking for 90 minutes.

Well perhaps your definition of apathy differs from mine, but that is exactly what it means in my opinion.

Apathy at being mugged off by some of these players.

If you are happy with Laird geeing up the crowd and not seeing the irony in that, then be my guest.

And I was supporting as hard as anyone else - gosh, maybe even you - until the game was up. Then I was directing my ire. I am just surprised few others did. Must have more patience than me.
Apathy on 20:03 - Apr 15 with 3360 viewsSonofpugwash

I'd like to be apathetic but I just can't be bothered.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Apathy on 20:03 - Apr 15 with 3374 viewsGaryBannister86

Ah, hang on - I have reread my post and fair enough I see where the misunderstanding lies. By "we" being awful, dire, etc. I meant QPR not the fans.......
Apathy on 20:07 - Apr 15 with 3343 viewsQPR_Jim

Apathy on 19:59 - Apr 15 by GaryBannister86

I don't think you are understanding my post! I specifically have a go at Laird for claiming we should be making more noise. I mean we are letting off these terrible wasters incredibly lightly, That kind of apathy.

I know we tried to rouse them whilst still in the game.

Why have a go at Laird, he come on and looked interested, tried to drive the play forward and was trying to engage with the fans to pump the atmosphere up. Willock came on at the same time didn't appear to have half the intent and gave the ball away a lot, so maybe it's got f all to do with whether they're on loan or not.
Apathy on 20:08 - Apr 15 with 3319 viewsPaddyhoops

I’d gone after number three. After we concede our usual first inside thee first ten minutes .
The outcome is inevitable.
No pint in wasting energy on a bunch as incompetent and useless as this lot.
The fans have been brilliant in my opinion. Got behind the team but you know what’s coming so after the anger of PNE, the apathy sets in.
Apathy on 20:09 - Apr 15 with 3310 viewsdistortR

Apathy on 20:07 - Apr 15 by QPR_Jim

Why have a go at Laird, he come on and looked interested, tried to drive the play forward and was trying to engage with the fans to pump the atmosphere up. Willock came on at the same time didn't appear to have half the intent and gave the ball away a lot, so maybe it's got f all to do with whether they're on loan or not.

I think Willock deserves an assist for the crucial second goal.
Apathy on 20:09 - Apr 15 with 3299 viewsGaryBannister86

Apathy on 20:07 - Apr 15 by QPR_Jim

Why have a go at Laird? How's he done this season since Eel left? Given his all you think? Or just lay down ever other game and had a few games off when suits?

Do you think he's bothered when he goes back to Man U reserves and gets a gig somewhere else next season?

I don't mind a loan if they give it a go (on a regular basis), but this team stinks and the loans are not helping. Too late now anyway.
Apathy on 20:11 - Apr 15 with 3257 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Apathy on 20:01 - Apr 15 by GaryBannister86

Well perhaps your definition of apathy differs from mine, but that is exactly what it means in my opinion.

Apathy at being mugged off by some of these players.

If you are happy with Laird geeing up the crowd and not seeing the irony in that, then be my guest.

And I was supporting as hard as anyone else - gosh, maybe even you - until the game was up. Then I was directing my ire. I am just surprised few others did. Must have more patience than me.

I guess I’m going by the dictionary definition.

I’m only being snarky because I don’t think the fans deserved to be called out today. I thought their reaction was appropriate throughout including the ire.

I’m just fcking tired of going to the game, watching the team get battered, then coming back on here to get told to either ‘fck off’ or ‘stop being apathetic’ just because I didn’t shout enough at whichever fcker is crowned cnt of the day for some people’s liking.

This is shit, and screaming at the players isn’t going to make it either less shit or me feel better. So why would I do it?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 20:39]
Apathy on 20:12 - Apr 15 with 3253 viewsnumbers912

from the PU to me the atmosphere was pretty good, a lull just after halftime but I don't think Holloway could complain about the lack of effort from the crowd
Apathy on 20:14 - Apr 15 with 3220 viewsQPR_Jim

Apathy on 20:09 - Apr 15 by GaryBannister86

Why have a go at Laird? How's he done this season since Eel left? Given his all you think? Or just lay down ever other game and had a few games off when suits?

Do you think he's bothered when he goes back to Man U reserves and gets a gig somewhere else next season?

I don't mind a loan if they give it a go (on a regular basis), but this team stinks and the loans are not helping. Too late now anyway.

I've said as much myself, not been impressed with him this season at all and questioned how this helps his career. It just seems strange to have a pop at him today after he's come on at the same time as others and actually carried some threat as opposed to some of the other subs
Apathy on 20:17 - Apr 15 with 3202 viewsGaryBannister86

Apathy on 20:11 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I guess I’m going by the dictionary definition.

I’m only being snarky because I don’t think the fans deserved to be called out today. I thought their reaction was appropriate throughout including the ire.

I’m just fcking tired of going to the game, watching the team get battered, then coming back on here to get told to either ‘fck off’ or ‘stop being apathetic’ just because I didn’t shout enough at whichever fcker is crowned cnt of the day for some people’s liking.

This is shit, and screaming at the players isn’t going to make it either less shit or me feel better. So why would I do it?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 20:39]

Yes, I get that, but I'm not having a go at the fans.

Obviously some people (I've never been one) never want or ever will give their own players stick. No problem with that.

All I am saying is that I am registering my surprise that more people weren't upset by it. Which is where my apathy - definition "lack of interest, enthusiasm or concern" is coming into it.

I've been in away ends at Grimsby, Luton etc where I thought our own players were going to get ripped limb from limb. I've seen far unhappier Loftus Roads than today.

That's my surprise. Not disappointment, because I will admit in fact that makes others better "supporters" than me, but surprise.
Apathy on 20:17 - Apr 15 with 3190 viewsenfieldargh

Cov has quite a few loans3 in their defence giving it their all.

Our lones are spineless half arsed wasters

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Apathy on 20:19 - Apr 15 with 3141 viewsSonofpugwash

Oops,wrong thread...
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 20:20]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Apathy on 20:26 - Apr 15 with 3079 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Apathy on 20:17 - Apr 15 by enfieldargh

Cov has quite a few loans3 in their defence giving it their all.

Our lones are spineless half arsed wasters

I thought Laird and Paal were POTY contenders at the start of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024