Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many points for breaching ffp? 10:49 - Oct 23 with 3228 viewsloftboy

Is it worth getting a decent manager and the player to keep us up this season, going into next season knowing even with a points deduction we will be good enough to stay up and push on the following season?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How many points for breaching ffp? on 10:54 - Oct 23 with 3200 viewsNorthernr

It's not just a points deduction though. It's an open ended transfer embargo, and an "agreed business plan" to abide by - which involves you selling basically anything you can sell for whatever you can get for it without being allowed to replace it with anything other than frees or loans (and all of those need league approval). Then another points deduction a year later if you haven't got under the punitive line they set for you.

So it's basically what we've got now, -6 points, with Chair, Dykes, Willock, JCS, Paal, Field all gone for whatever anybody was willing to offer for them, replaced by Jeff Hendrick types on frees, no signings allowed January, summer, or next January, and then probably another 6 off thyis time next year, whatever division we're in.

Reading, basically. Look at Reading.
How many points for breaching ffp? on 10:58 - Oct 23 with 3176 viewsHoopsie

6 points deduction undid Reading, they were riding high first half of the season and never in the relegation zone until match 39 where they were docked 6 points and couldn’t recover after that

So, not sure. With our form and inherent structural problems, it’s a massive risk. What if it’s 9 or 12 points penalty?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

How many points for breaching ffp? on 11:19 - Oct 23 with 3094 viewsdaveB

or you could get lucky like Birmingham and keep breaching them but nothing really happens as deductions are suspended
How many points for breaching ffp? on 11:27 - Oct 23 with 3057 viewsplasmahoop

It rather presumes the owners are up for another massive fine though too
How many points for breaching ffp? on 11:41 - Oct 23 with 3020 viewsted_hendrix

Used to kick off 3.00pm on Saturdays and on the odd occasion on Tuesday or Wednesday nights.

Win some, lose some, draw some and that was It--It was okay and worked just fine.

Why do people whoever they are have to make the simple things In life so bloody complicated?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

How many points for breaching ffp? on 11:54 - Oct 23 with 2963 viewsSuffolkHoop

Given the rude health that some teams have come out of League One in - Sunderland, Ipswich are recent examples - and the general refreshing nature that relegation CAN have on SOME clubs, i.e., Notts County last couple of years. Is relegation the worst outcome in the big picture?
How many points for breaching ffp? on 12:07 - Oct 23 with 2915 viewsJuzzie

How many points for breaching ffp? on 11:41 - Oct 23 by ted_hendrix

Used to kick off 3.00pm on Saturdays and on the odd occasion on Tuesday or Wednesday nights.

Win some, lose some, draw some and that was It--It was okay and worked just fine.

Why do people whoever they are have to make the simple things In life so bloody complicated?

Money & greed, the want of which is the root of all evil.

Maybe after Reading, there'll be loads of other clubs (maybe us in that) that will all go through this then it will all level out, outside of the confines of the PL of course which will carry on to be the obscenity that it is.

I enjoy watching my son play in the U9 team each weekend more than anything going on in the football leagues, and not just ';cos QPR are schit at the 'mo.
How many points for breaching ffp? on 12:28 - Oct 23 with 2844 viewsloftboy

How many points for breaching ffp? on 10:54 - Oct 23 by Northernr

It's not just a points deduction though. It's an open ended transfer embargo, and an "agreed business plan" to abide by - which involves you selling basically anything you can sell for whatever you can get for it without being allowed to replace it with anything other than frees or loans (and all of those need league approval). Then another points deduction a year later if you haven't got under the punitive line they set for you.

So it's basically what we've got now, -6 points, with Chair, Dykes, Willock, JCS, Paal, Field all gone for whatever anybody was willing to offer for them, replaced by Jeff Hendrick types on frees, no signings allowed January, summer, or next January, and then probably another 6 off thyis time next year, whatever division we're in.

Reading, basically. Look at Reading.

Cheers Clive, I didn’t understand the full ramifications.

Login to get fewer ads

How many points for breaching ffp? on 12:42 - Oct 23 with 2795 viewsQPRConor2000

There isn't a set punishment for breaching FFP.
How many points for breaching ffp? on 13:40 - Oct 23 with 2683 viewsCamberleyR

How many points for breaching ffp? on 11:54 - Oct 23 by SuffolkHoop

Given the rude health that some teams have come out of League One in - Sunderland, Ipswich are recent examples - and the general refreshing nature that relegation CAN have on SOME clubs, i.e., Notts County last couple of years. Is relegation the worst outcome in the big picture?

"Is relegation the worst outcome in the big picture?"

No, but there are just as many if not more of the likes of Scunthorpe (now Nat Lge Nth), Yeovil (Nat Lge Sth), Oldham (Nat Lge), Southend (Nat Lge) as there are Ipswich and Sunderland.
Stockport went down to the National League North and spent six seasons there before finally getting out although they're now looking good back in L2.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 13:41]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

How many points for breaching ffp? on 13:42 - Oct 23 with 2661 viewsNorthernr

But do you back the people currently running our club to oversee and inspire such a turn around at that level? Like I say, do you think our lot have even heard of the Notts County manager? Never mind have the imagination to appoint him.

What it might do is make us more attractive to a buyer.
How many points for breaching ffp? on 13:59 - Oct 23 with 2614 viewsted_hendrix

Relegation would be devastating for me personally and so unnecessary for QPR.

It's a graveyard down there plus with our current Managerial team we could be there for decades (or even worse).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

How many points for breaching ffp? on 14:17 - Oct 23 with 2551 viewsBAWHoops

Breaching FFP is cheating.

I don't really want QPR to knowingly cheat.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

How many points for breaching ffp? on 14:30 - Oct 23 with 2509 viewsTheChef

How many points for breaching ffp? on 13:59 - Oct 23 by ted_hendrix

Relegation would be devastating for me personally and so unnecessary for QPR.

It's a graveyard down there plus with our current Managerial team we could be there for decades (or even worse).

Maybe they'll rename it Third Division South and we'll come full circle?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How many points for breaching ffp? on 14:47 - Oct 23 with 2451 viewsQPR_John

How many points for breaching ffp? on 14:17 - Oct 23 by BAWHoops

Breaching FFP is cheating.

I don't really want QPR to knowingly cheat.

Attempting to cover up the real reason that FFP was introduced is cheating
How many points for breaching ffp? on 15:10 - Oct 23 with 2359 viewsEsox_Lucius

Portsmouth, Charlton, Derby... All teams attracting better attendances and in better grounds.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 15:11]

The grass is always greener.

How many points for breaching ffp? on 15:36 - Oct 23 with 2260 viewsNewBee

It's easy to point to the odd exception which proves the rule, as you have with Sunderland and Ipswich, but it ignores all the others who have been relegated by points deductions etc, and floundered ever since eg:
https://www.footballsite.co.uk/DYK/DYK29-PointsDeductions.htm

While imo more relevant to the revival of those two clubs than points deductions and relegation etc is that each has had a change of owner who has made an immediate impact:
"Kyril Louis-Dreyfus has completed his takeover of Sunderland after the deal was approved by English Football League on Thursday [18 February 2021]"
"On 7 April 2021, a new chapter at Town began. Marcus Evans Group completed the sale of the Football Club, with Gamechanger 20 Ltd becoming the new owners. The Board of Gamechanger 20 Ltd comprises of Mike O’Leary (Chairman), Ed Schwartz, Brett Johnson, Berke Bakay and Mark Detmer - the latter three forming the group known as The Three Lions."

And here again, I would suggest that bringing in a new owner like that is statistically more likely to make no difference, or even make things worse, than see an upswing in fortunes, see eg Charlton, Swindon, Doncaster, or (dare I say it) QPR.
How many points for breaching ffp? on 15:45 - Oct 23 with 2209 viewsNewBee

How many points for breaching ffp? on 15:10 - Oct 23 by Esox_Lucius

Portsmouth, Charlton, Derby... All teams attracting better attendances and in better grounds.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 15:11]

Er, Pompey enjoyed 7 seasons in the top flight until 2009/10, Charlton 7 seasons until 2006/07 and even Derby had 6 top flight seasons until 2001/02.
While all three have won major trophies in their history (albeit not recently).

Do you imagine that any of their fans are content with bumming around in the fag end of English football ever since?
How many points for breaching ffp? on 16:06 - Oct 23 with 2179 viewsloftboy

How many points for breaching ffp? on 15:45 - Oct 23 by NewBee

Er, Pompey enjoyed 7 seasons in the top flight until 2009/10, Charlton 7 seasons until 2006/07 and even Derby had 6 top flight seasons until 2001/02.

Do you imagine that any of their fans are content with bumming around in the fag end of English football ever since?

I think you’ll find that all those 3 had a lot more years in the top flight than what you have quoted.

How many points for breaching ffp? on 16:33 - Oct 23 with 2097 viewsNewBee

How many points for breaching ffp? on 16:06 - Oct 23 by loftboy

I think you’ll find that all those 3 had a lot more years in the top flight than what you have quoted.

I'm well aware of their respective histories, but being so long ago, Charlton or Pompey's post war exploits, or Derby's glory years in the 70's, have no real relevance to their present situation (imo).

My point being that even their younger supporters can remember when they were competing in the top flight, since that was relatively recently.

So that when you consider the size, potential and yes, history of those clubs, I cannot imagine their fans anything but bitterly regretting the financial struggles of recent years, including points deductions and relegations.

As Clive says, the only possible benefit to be derived from a similar fate for QPR would be to make the club more saleable. And even then, there is no guarantee that you'd get better owners than the present lot, even if its hard to imagine much worse.

If nothing else, would any new owner of a League One club be prepared to continue putting in £15m(?) a year just to keep the lights on i.e. after stumping up the asking price, but before putting in the additional investment needed to turn the club round and get them back up where you want to be?

Btw I genuinely don't take any pleasure in posting that, since for all the historic rivalries etc, I actually like to see London* football doing well, if only on the basis that "A rising tide floats all boats".

* - OK, one or two clubs excepted, but not eg QPR or Fulham.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 16:36]
How many points for breaching ffp? on 19:37 - Oct 23 with 1917 viewsthame_hoops

How many points for breaching ffp? on 15:45 - Oct 23 by NewBee

Bumming… fag…
How many points for breaching ffp? on 20:45 - Oct 23 with 1819 viewsHAYESBOY

We get points for breaking FFP? Lets fcking go for it then.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024