Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fustrating, but not the end of the world 22:14 - Dec 13 with 8754 viewsQPRConor2000

Think tonight was a bit disappointing, frustrated not to have got the win, if it doesn't show why we need a striker next month, I dont know what will.

If you take our result out of the equation for a min, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed and Rotherham all lost their midweek games, so the gap is down to 1 point.

Saturday you'd think is a must win game now, Sheff Wed have been hitting form in recent weeks, and Hillsborough is always tough to go to.

Overall, annoyed, but not the end of the world.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:21 - Dec 13 with 6119 viewsplasmahoop

I didn't see tonight( did see Saturday though, so I hit the jackpot there), but I don't see Saturday as a must win. It's about getting to 50 points or thereabouts and we've shown that we can compete now. We could lose on Saturday and beat a far higher placed team later on.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:23 - Dec 13 with 6106 viewsLowerloftLad

Extremely Frustrating.

Let's all agree that we should never be starting kelman again though.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:27 - Dec 13 with 6054 viewsQPRConor2000

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:23 - Dec 13 by LowerloftLad

Extremely Frustrating.

Kelman needs to go, not good enough for this level.

Also, if this doesnt highlight why we need a CF next month, then I dunno what will.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:34 - Dec 13 with 5987 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree, not the end of the world at all. Thought the Argyle back line were immense. We were a bit one dimensional, out to the wings the whole time when we could've mixed it up a bit with through balls. Another good showing from Willock. Think the comments on Kelman are a bit harsh, and Kakay still so error prone it's painful - he can cross a ball but that's not redemption enough.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:40 - Dec 13 with 5914 viewsqpr_1968

very frustrating.....after the first 12 minutes, thought they could have been 3-0 up.

after that, all us.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:40 - Dec 13 with 5907 viewsSteveB

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:23 - Dec 13 by LowerloftLad

Extremely Frustrating.

You really need to have another look at the game. How you can dig out Kelman and not mention Field, Kakay, Richards & Paal beggars belief. Kelman was far from our worst player tonight.

But it's all about opinions of course.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:45 - Dec 13 with 5820 viewsStanisgod

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:40 - Dec 13 by SteveB

You really need to have another look at the game. How you can dig out Kelman and not mention Field, Kakay, Richards & Paal beggars belief. Kelman was far from our worst player tonight.

But it's all about opinions of course.

Agree, Kelman did ok, although I feell Smyth should have come on 15 earlier.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:46 - Dec 13 with 5814 viewsOakR

We were strangely off it, gave the ball away lots in dangerous positions to set-up quite a few of their attacks, which gave them confidence I think.

Kelman didn't seem comfortable out wide, I was surprised he stayed out there so long. I felt a bit sorry for him out there.

We didn't play well but we didn't lose, and kept a clean sheet again.

I am sure Marti learned quite a bit from it as well.

Gap further reduced.

Onwards and upwards.

As for Sheffield Wednesday, of course great to win, not a must win though.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:49 - Dec 13 with 5776 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Very frustrating match. Think he rotated too much but even after the substitutions we couldn't break them down. Still, win on Saturday and everything is rosy.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:51 - Dec 13 with 5770 viewsted_hendrix

I'm annoyed with the Field booking so early In the game, so unnecessary and frustrating and virtually takes him out of the rest of the game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:53 - Dec 13 with 5744 viewsQPRConor2000

I wonder if changing the team tonight actually done us more harm than good.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 23:05 - Dec 13 with 5625 viewsNorthantsHoop

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:53 - Dec 13 by QPRConor2000

I wonder if changing the team tonight actually done us more harm than good.

Agree can see the logic with Cannon having a knock and resting JCS but once Field and Paal were yellow carded he was forced to change it all at half time. Thought Cannon looked unfit in 2nd half, shame Larkache got concussed as he was making good progress down the left.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 23:11 - Dec 13 with 5572 viewsNed_Kennedys

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 22:27 - Dec 13 by QPRConor2000

Kelman needs to go, not good enough for this level.

Also, if this doesnt highlight why we need a CF next month, then I dunno what will.

Though Dykes did ok, lack of creativity across the team tonight was very disappointing.

Kelman had a chance to impress albeit out of position but didn’t do enough.

We would have lost if Plymouth had kept 11 men on the field: a fortunate point for us considering how poor and way off it we were.

Cook had a good game, Chair and Willock were playing so deep which was so frustrating considering their recent great form: they should have taken control against a mediocre team with 10 men for over 70 minutes.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 23:20 - Dec 13 with 5507 viewsbob566

Sinclair sub baffled me. He's our best presser. Why so late against 10 men to bring him on.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 23:21 - Dec 13 with 5494 viewsqueensparker

Where I’m at too.

Felt to me that we used this game and then the red card to rest a few players: Field and Paal pulled off at half time, Smyth and Armstrong didn’t really feature, JCS had a rest, Cannon only
got a half, they’re all in the mix for our best side. And we still got a draw and a clean sheet and with ten points from twelve.

Fair play to Plymouth as well they put in some proper tackles and blocks in that second half and looked a good side, don’t think they’ll go down
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 23:38 - Dec 13 with 5413 views100percent

As I said on the Richards thread, maybe the boss used the opportunity to look at players like Kelman and Richards properly tonight - especially when Argyle went down to 10, they offered very little going forward. Neither really impressed me - Thought Richards seemed unaware of the role he was being asked to play and sadly Kelman is just out of his depth.
Maybe it just confirmed that they aren't good enough to the boss?
Would not be surprised to see them both loaned out in Jan.
Smyth should have been on 20 mins earlier - and Willock had a very quiet game. Chair kept coming very deep for the ball - almost like the role he played under GA.
Frustrating, but its another point and another clean sheet.
Think we also need to give credit to Argyle, they were resolute and tough to break down.
shame because 3 points tonight would have made a point at Wednesday on Saturday very acceptable.....
Definitely feel that this side will not be going down though...
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 23:46 - Dec 13 with 5356 viewsThe_Beast1976

I thought Kelman was absolutely atrocious and spent most of his time on the field 'hiding' from the ball. Terrible player.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 23:59 - Dec 13 with 5276 viewsHAYESBOY

Marti not happy with how we started. Spot on and really like how he conducts himself in interviews.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/sport/football-qpr-plymouth-ratings-131223

Interview down the page.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 0:00]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 00:26 - Dec 14 with 5170 viewsMrSheen

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 23:20 - Dec 13 by bob566

Sinclair sub baffled me. He's our best presser. Why so late against 10 men to bring him on.

I suppose there was so little for Dykes to chase down tonight there was no need for fresh legs, as well as nowhere to go.

A bit of a return to walking pace Warbsball tonight, at least Smyth made a difference.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 00:45 - Dec 14 with 5136 viewscharmr

Flew in and off to LR to witness Marti ball with a healthy crowd. Disappointed with the quality on show of professional footballers. Poor first touches, zero imagination and very robotic by us. Clearing the first man anyone. How Dozell is making a living literally by either passing backwards or straight back to the player who gave him the ball and having the temerity to fling his arms around protesting to what’s going on around him is beyond comprehension. As for Kakay.

Plymouth could have been 2 up before the red then defended brilliantly and we only got somewhere when we finally got in behind them. Sorry but from my observations we don’t have that many good players and tonight it showed. Total lack of any imagination or creativity. Some of them have no idea what to do with the ball when they get it, get rid more like. Standard of football on show tonight suprised me and disappointed me. Tin hat on.

Great to be at the stadium under the lights. Been a while
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 00:47 - Dec 14 with 5133 viewsQPRConor2000

I would imagine Marti would have learnt a lot tonight, there are sadly some players who are not good enough for us.

Hopefully we can get one or two in through the door in January.

I suspect we could see the likes of Kelman etc all going on loan.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 09:40 - Dec 14 with 4637 viewsconnell10

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 23:11 - Dec 13 by Ned_Kennedys

Though Dykes did ok, lack of creativity across the team tonight was very disappointing.

Kelman had a chance to impress albeit out of position but didn’t do enough.

We would have lost if Plymouth had kept 11 men on the field: a fortunate point for us considering how poor and way off it we were.

Cook had a good game, Chair and Willock were playing so deep which was so frustrating considering their recent great form: they should have taken control against a mediocre team with 10 men for over 70 minutes.

I agree with most of that but I think Rangers would have won if Plymouth did not have a player sent off.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 09:47 - Dec 14 with 4608 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Feel sorry for Kelman - isn't he a centre forward, though obviously we haven't seen any great evidence of that? Smyth did make a big difference when he came on but even then his crossing is still too inconsistent. If there's any money available in January, I'm sure Marti will bring in a couple of bodies.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 09:50 - Dec 14 with 4596 viewsgazza1

We did OK but we should always win against 10 men for 60 odd minutes. We created two very good chances late in the first half that we should have scored from, Kelman should have scored at the far post and a few minutes earlier I want our CF to be getting in front of their CB and winning headers and not letting their CB clear for a corner.

Fair play the Plymouth, they defended very well indeed and so respect to them and their fans.

The Manager would have learned a lot from the game which is very important for our future.
Fustrating, but not the end of the world on 10:03 - Dec 14 with 4536 viewsdmm

For me the thing with Kelman is, not only is he below Championship quality, but he's not a 9, 10, or a wide forward and I can't see where he fits in our system. He'll be gone in the summer when his contract is up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024