Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wish me luck? 16:19 - May 6 with 7088 viewskarl

First game as manager of Orkney tomorrow vs fellow islanders Uist & Barra (North & South Uist, Benbecuela and Barra) at a neutral venue in Dingwall.
We'll be travelling most of the day so might be able to give a result update late tomorrow night.
Getting nervous now!
Wish me luck? on 16:23 - May 6 with 3363 viewspomanjou

Let me be the first, good luck indeed.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Wish me luck? on 16:27 - May 6 with 3354 viewskarl

Wish me luck? on 16:23 - May 6 by pomanjou

Let me be the first, good luck indeed.

Cheers Pom
Wish me luck? on 16:30 - May 6 with 3334 viewsQPRDave

Just remember karl
no man is an Island....er, um, although there is an island called man, ..erm... some men live on islands as you know , so, er there's no I in team....but it's probably advantageous if all your team have eyes,...um it's always darkest before the dawn, so have a lie in, , and er.. well good luck, knock em dead, not literally obviously!!!
[Post edited 6 May 2016 16:32]
Wish me luck? on 16:30 - May 6 with 3339 viewsPunteR

Good luck tomorrow mate.
C'mon the Orks..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wish me luck? on 16:54 - May 6 with 3300 viewsenfieldargh

Good luck, but I'll have you know its a wild and windy place

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wish me luck? on 17:06 - May 6 with 3278 viewskarl

Wish me luck? on 16:54 - May 6 by enfieldargh

Good luck, but I'll have you know its a wild and windy place

We'll be playing mid way in Dingwall which will be 1 degree colder than the forecast for Uist and Orkney according to the BBC, fantastic
Wish me luck? on 19:31 - May 6 with 3200 viewskensalriser

Good luck Karl.

Don't forget at least one rendition of 'you dirty northern bastids'.

And keep the ball on the ground - if you want to see it again.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wish me luck? on 19:45 - May 6 with 3189 viewskarl

Wish me luck? on 19:31 - May 6 by kensalriser

Good luck Karl.

Don't forget at least one rendition of 'you dirty northern bastids'.

And keep the ball on the ground - if you want to see it again.

I'm afraid we're the 'northern bastids' in this tie, we'll possibly hear a few renditions though
Login to get fewer ads

Wish me luck? on 19:54 - May 6 with 3182 viewsdanehoop

Good luck Karl.

What's the team news?

Never knowingly understood

Wish me luck? on 20:04 - May 6 with 3180 viewsbosh67

Karl out!

No but really, good luck. Bring back some fudge.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wish me luck? on 20:17 - May 6 with 3165 viewsCiderwithRsie

Good luck.

As a matter of fact you've already lucked out, as my sister-in-law used to live there and she's moved out, which is useful since she's mad as a box of badgers.
Wish me luck? on 20:18 - May 6 with 3165 viewsloftboy

Good luck Karl, triffic manager,top top tactics,

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wish me luck? on 20:18 - May 6 with 3165 viewsTacticalR

Good luck. Look forward to hearing about the match.

Air hostess clique

Wish me luck? on 21:57 - May 6 with 3124 viewsSimonJames

If both teams are playing away does that mean it's a bonus match for you AND them?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Wish me luck? on 22:19 - May 6 with 3107 viewsFredManRave

Good Luck Karl and I hope you find Graeme before kickoff.

http://www.orcadian.co.uk/2016/05/orkney-manager-prepares-debut-uist-barra/

Oh and I like the subtle dig at Redknapp with your mention of picking players on form instead of reputation.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Wish me luck? on 22:41 - May 6 with 3083 viewsLblock

I have only one piece of advice..... Do NOT wear a woolly hat resembling anything like a well known Crossroads charecter

Very best of luck

Up the Orks!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wish me luck? on 22:47 - May 6 with 3077 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Best of luck.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Wish me luck? on 22:54 - May 6 with 3068 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fuggin' Uist & Barra! Hate them bastids!

Best of luck, kiddo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wish me luck? on 23:02 - May 6 with 3057 viewskarl

Wish me luck? on 22:19 - May 6 by FredManRave

Good Luck Karl and I hope you find Graeme before kickoff.

http://www.orcadian.co.uk/2016/05/orkney-manager-prepares-debut-uist-barra/

Oh and I like the subtle dig at Redknapp with your mention of picking players on form instead of reputation.

Haha rumbled, Graeme has been located and unfortunately Alex can't travel due to new child syndrome.
I have subconsciously been doing the opposite to HR, unfortunately my dodgy knees are as well - they're still f**ked.

Thanks everyone and the teams news is we will travel with a squad of 15, two late call offs, and the squad have been good in training with the likelihood of 7 debutants - they're the players on form and some established players are missing out so an early test for my new approach!
Excited about our 17 yr old striker making his first appearance after scoring over 50 goals in his first full season last year, he is a slow starter but hoping he finds his feet in this one early on.
I'll try and update tomorrow - the result should be on the newspaper link Fred put up as a reporter is travelling with us.

For the record we have a 1.5 hour boat journey (theirs is 3 hr) and a 3 hour coach journey (theirs about the same) arrive 45 mins before ko play 90 mins and penalties if required then straight on coach home, they are staying the night in Inverness. We'll leave our houses about 6.30am and get home approx 10pm.
Why do we love football so much?
Wish me luck? on 23:11 - May 6 with 3046 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Wish me luck? on 23:02 - May 6 by karl

Haha rumbled, Graeme has been located and unfortunately Alex can't travel due to new child syndrome.
I have subconsciously been doing the opposite to HR, unfortunately my dodgy knees are as well - they're still f**ked.

Thanks everyone and the teams news is we will travel with a squad of 15, two late call offs, and the squad have been good in training with the likelihood of 7 debutants - they're the players on form and some established players are missing out so an early test for my new approach!
Excited about our 17 yr old striker making his first appearance after scoring over 50 goals in his first full season last year, he is a slow starter but hoping he finds his feet in this one early on.
I'll try and update tomorrow - the result should be on the newspaper link Fred put up as a reporter is travelling with us.

For the record we have a 1.5 hour boat journey (theirs is 3 hr) and a 3 hour coach journey (theirs about the same) arrive 45 mins before ko play 90 mins and penalties if required then straight on coach home, they are staying the night in Inverness. We'll leave our houses about 6.30am and get home approx 10pm.
Why do we love football so much?

Wow man that's some pretty amazing stuff Karl, mad props to you! I feel like I'm riding your coat tails and basking in a little of your glory - I think it's extremely cool you're doing what you are and as for wishing you luck...id take a QPR loss and an Orkney win tomorrow (easy to say given what's at stake for us, but still...). The very VERY best wishes for tomorrow and very much looking forward to hearing a report from you (never mind the press junky!)!

U Rrrrrrsss!
Wish me luck? on 23:19 - May 6 with 3033 viewskarl

Wish me luck? on 23:11 - May 6 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Wow man that's some pretty amazing stuff Karl, mad props to you! I feel like I'm riding your coat tails and basking in a little of your glory - I think it's extremely cool you're doing what you are and as for wishing you luck...id take a QPR loss and an Orkney win tomorrow (easy to say given what's at stake for us, but still...). The very VERY best wishes for tomorrow and very much looking forward to hearing a report from you (never mind the press junky!)!

U Rrrrrrsss!

Thanks Pablo, i've been running local teams for 15 years and feel i'm just at the right stage to do this, tbh very proud to have the chance and hope i can do well.
We've only beaten Shetland twice in the last 20 years so that would be a huge coup for me to achieve, i honestly don't think they're that much better than us and these games are all building up to it (Milne Cup).
The first challenge for me is to not be sick on the boat tomorrow!
Wish me luck? on 23:54 - May 6 with 3013 viewseastside_r

Good Luck!

Although I am little confused as to which island (group) I should be supporting. (I have east / west orientation issues .)

[Post edited 6 May 2016 23:59]
Wish me luck? on 02:25 - May 7 with 2962 viewsBoston

Dunno about the venue, it was a bit tight for dancing let alone a football fixture! Anyway nearest tubes Camden Town....
[Post edited 7 May 2016 3:00]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wish me luck? on 03:41 - May 7 with 2947 viewsMatch82

Good luck Karl! Got some family in Stronsay, pulling for you!
Wish me luck? on 21:57 - May 7 with 2878 viewskarl

Just back.
We won 3-1 against a big physical bunch, really pleased with some of our passing moves and we stood up to the physical challenge they gave our smaller team.
Took the lead on 26 mins but lost a headed goal from a set piece just before half time, after the break we were under pressure for maybe 5 mins or so but controlled the game after that and got the further 2 goals before and after the hour.
Lot of good stuff and we ended up having 6 debuts so all in all plenty for us to build on.

I was however sick on the boat in the morning, was feeling rough as f**k till about an hour before ko.
Thanks for all your interest and good wishes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024