Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning! 22:39 - Mar 13 with 3460 viewsconnell10

So pleased for the kid after all he has been through this season! Well done lad !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Manning! on 22:42 - Mar 13 with 3421 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Let's hope this marks a resurgence in form; he could be key next season.
Manning! on 22:45 - Mar 13 with 3378 viewsconnell10

Manning! on 22:42 - Mar 13 by Benny_the_Ball

Let's hope this marks a resurgence in form; he could be key next season.

Yep I think he is a great little player.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Manning! on 22:46 - Mar 13 with 3355 viewskomradkirk

really pleased for him,and great that he is among a decent batch of youngsters who have really stepped up when needed since christmas.
we might just have a decent squad next season with a couple of obvious issues addressed.
Manning! on 22:48 - Mar 13 with 3325 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he was solid and assured tonight. We didn't miss Freeman thanks to Manning and Eze. That's quite impressive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning! on 22:52 - Mar 13 with 3297 viewsqprd

absolutely delighted for manning...

the way he's been neglected by the manager has been nothing short of criminal... to put it in perspective, manning played 74 minutes tonight... prior to tonight, he had played 52 minutes since 12 november

its not too late to salvage mannings season, though... hopefully can get another 400-500 minutes before the season ends
Manning! on 22:54 - Mar 13 with 3261 viewsTacticalR

A great performance. Got everything started with the sort of goal that we've been crying out for all season.

Air hostess clique

Manning! on 22:57 - Mar 13 with 3230 viewsted_hendrix

Just think what his goal will do for his confidence.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Manning! on 23:01 - Mar 13 with 3191 viewsdanehoop

Manning! on 22:52 - Mar 13 by qprd

the way he's been neglected by the manager has been nothing short of criminal... to put it in perspective, manning played 74 minutes tonight... prior to tonight, he had played 52 minutes since 12 november

its not too late to salvage mannings season, though... hopefully can get another 400-500 minutes before the season ends

Let’s ignore an injury earlier in the season, suspension for being sent off and the midfield 3 which had been doing relatively ok for much of the season. That aside, yeah, criminal.

Alternatively he didn’t quite push on the first half of the season as expected, but has now started to play himself back into contention as a result.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Manning! on 23:14 - Mar 13 with 3125 viewsqpr1976

Manning! on 23:01 - Mar 13 by danehoop

Let’s ignore an injury earlier in the season, suspension for being sent off and the midfield 3 which had been doing relatively ok for much of the season. That aside, yeah, criminal.

Alternatively he didn’t quite push on the first half of the season as expected, but has now started to play himself back into contention as a result.

Agree entirely.

Which one of our central 3 should be dropped for Ryan ?
Bar Smithies, they have collectively been the strongest part of our team all season.

Well done Ryan though.
Manning! on 23:18 - Mar 13 with 3084 viewsbosh67

Manning is a terrier. Huge character to come back from the setbacks. Eze looks like he's on wheels sometimes. He just glides around opponents and he always has his head up looking for that pass. He could be quite a find this lad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning! on 23:55 - Mar 13 with 2948 viewsqprd

Manning! on 23:01 - Mar 13 by danehoop

52 minutes in 22 competitive matches until tonight... he was in the squad for over half those matches, and available for others... sorry, thats not acceptable

and yes, the midfield 3 are good, but they're not pirlo-pogba-vidal at juventus... i find it hard to believe that we couldn't find a spot start for him in that 22 match run... and manning has previously played LWB, LB and even RW today, so he's versatile enough to get minutes in other positions, or as a sub for the midfield 3...

squad rotation is a significant part of being a manager, as is managing the oft-fragile psyches and confidence levels of young players.

this season is all about consolidating, staying in the division and preparing for next year... ollie has done a disservice to the club by not pushing forward his development this season...

thankfully manning and furlong are now back in the mix
Manning! on 23:57 - Mar 13 with 2941 viewsbob566

Manning! on 23:55 - Mar 13 by qprd

52 minutes in 22 competitive matches until tonight... he was in the squad for over half those matches, and available for others... sorry, thats not acceptable

and yes, the midfield 3 are good, but they're not pirlo-pogba-vidal at juventus... i find it hard to believe that we couldn't find a spot start for him in that 22 match run... and manning has previously played LWB, LB and even RW today, so he's versatile enough to get minutes in other positions, or as a sub for the midfield 3...

squad rotation is a significant part of being a manager, as is managing the oft-fragile psyches and confidence levels of young players.

this season is all about consolidating, staying in the division and preparing for next year... ollie has done a disservice to the club by not pushing forward his development this season...

thankfully manning and furlong are now back in the mix

Well said.
Manning! on 00:44 - Mar 14 with 2852 viewssimmo

Great header but also that step over for the Bidwell goal... So good to have some understanding of who's where and a bit of composure when the ball is near the box. Hopefully he gets more minutes now we're approaching safety.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manning! on 00:54 - Mar 14 with 2835 viewsNorthernr

Brilliant tonight, the Manning of last season.
Manning! on 01:49 - Mar 14 with 2770 viewstimcocking

Facking great.

What i will say - Manning seems to be a player who does chip in with the occasional goal. As opposed to Scowen, Karl Henry types who very rarely score. Always a useful asset. Perhaps to early to judge.
Manning! on 06:09 - Mar 14 with 2566 viewsdanehoop

Was wondering just how much the sudden uptick in U23 players performance has been helped by Chris Ramsey joining the first team coaching staff to support Ollie. Not seeking to take any credit from Ollie at all, but perhaps having him there who knows them so well has given them that little bit more confidence to play.

Never knowingly understood

Manning! on 07:23 - Mar 14 with 2384 viewsnix

Manning! on 06:09 - Mar 14 by danehoop

Was wondering just how much the sudden uptick in U23 players performance has been helped by Chris Ramsey joining the first team coaching staff to support Ollie. Not seeking to take any credit from Ollie at all, but perhaps having him there who knows them so well has given them that little bit more confidence to play.

Think it’s no coincidence at all. Ramsey obviously has the ability to not only recognise who’s going to be good enough but also how to bring them on from raw talent to a genuine prospect.

As for Manning, yeah let’s crowbar in a 3-1 away win against top 6 opposition into a pop at Holloway. Some of you could turn a wedding into a funeral (not you Danehoop). Ollie tried to get him back in Feb. And he may have felt that the Christmas period, when our backs were against the wall and our midfield were playing well was not a good time to introduce someone low in confidence and less experienced.

Surely the fact that he played well could be vindication for Ollie. So pleased to see him back.
Manning! on 07:27 - Mar 14 with 2365 viewsdaveB

not sure whats criminal about not being in the side due to players in his position performing well and keeping him out on merit.

Shame he hasn't played more but can't play everyone
Manning! on 07:41 - Mar 14 with 2304 viewsbaz_qpr

Hopefully the kick up the arse Freeman needed too guilty of overplaying and holding onto the ball / too many touches recently
Manning! on 09:00 - Mar 14 with 2082 viewsderbyhoop

Totally OTT. Manning hasn't played because of a combination of injury, suspension and players in his position playing well. He will get opportunities but he has to take most of them to displace any of Freeman, Scowen, Luongo. This season, so far, he hasn't.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Manning! on 09:04 - Mar 14 with 2063 viewsstevec

Manning! on 07:41 - Mar 14 by baz_qpr

Hopefully the kick up the arse Freeman needed too guilty of overplaying and holding onto the ball / too many touches recently

to be fair to Freeman, with 3 at the back he was regularly on his own trying to force things forward, mainly because the wing back system didn't work.

4 at the back and the entire midfield has found a purpose.
Manning! on 09:36 - Mar 14 with 1955 viewsPommyhoop

Great little player.
This pic belongs on this thread...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Manning! on 09:41 - Mar 14 with 1930 viewsloftboy

Please please please keep hold of these youngsters in the summer, add a couple of Derry/Hill type players in the summer maybe a new striker if the finances allow and we might not be moaning as much next year.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Manning! on 09:42 - Mar 14 with 1918 viewsBlue_Castello

Manning! on 07:23 - Mar 14 by nix

Think it’s no coincidence at all. Ramsey obviously has the ability to not only recognise who’s going to be good enough but also how to bring them on from raw talent to a genuine prospect.

As for Manning, yeah let’s crowbar in a 3-1 away win against top 6 opposition into a pop at Holloway. Some of you could turn a wedding into a funeral (not you Danehoop). Ollie tried to get him back in Feb. And he may have felt that the Christmas period, when our backs were against the wall and our midfield were playing well was not a good time to introduce someone low in confidence and less experienced.

Surely the fact that he played well could be vindication for Ollie. So pleased to see him back.

Agreed - I am still shocked by last nights result, after watching Saturday's game and seeing Villas demolition of Wolves I didn't give us a chance, as they said in the dressing room it was a coupon buster.

The highlight of the game has to be Mannings header with Racist Terry looking on as a bystander, who was presumably supposed to be marking Manning, but just looked far too slow, Manning gets a heroes reception for that alone.
Struggling to see how anybody could find a negative from last night but some have managed, well done Ollie and all the players and a great reward for the fans who went last night.

Hopefully the last couple of games will have put a nail in the coffin of three at the back, the system does work only if you have the right players to play wing backs, the current formation plays to our current strengths within the squad.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 9:47]
Manning! on 09:43 - Mar 14 with 1911 viewsngbqpr

As Clive and others often point out, the management & coaching staff are with the squad every day of the week, we're not. Just think for a minute of all those little things that daily effect your performance at work or that of your colleagues - Ollie & co know about that for the players, and factor it in.

I thought Manning & Furlong both had absolute stormers last night...so maybe, just maybe, we don't need to pick holes in the way they've been managed this season. Yes maybe they did go out with a point to prove - and they did just that, so it's a win/win and gives Ollie the proverbial 'good to have' selection headache.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024