Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. 17:05 - Aug 23 with 6191 viewsSnipper

Please. 🙏🙏
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 17:49 - Aug 23 with 4056 viewsjonno

We certainly need them.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 08:58 - Aug 24 with 3844 viewsDorse

I can't really understand why we didn't sort the defenders out first.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 09:07 - Aug 24 with 3822 viewsWestbourneR

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 08:58 - Aug 24 by Dorse

I do actually think putting the ball in the back of the net is a bigger problem, silly as that sounds after losing 7—1. I think th me whole team will just much more potent.

That said the Baptiste does need a partner because the German is not up to it full stop. I’d go as far as to say Rangel at centre back and Kakay right back would be better.

I am sure we’ll get a defender in

Also Grant Hall is coming back

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 09:52 - Aug 24 with 3717 viewsTheChef

For sure we need an extra defender to add competition for places, I wonder though if they need better protection in front of them. Without putting too much pressure on him, Hall can't come back soon enough.

I know it's not great to concede three at home but I thought Leistner and Baptiste were not that terrible on Tuesday night, and we were much better without Lynch (who should be sent to the reserves until someone is stupid enough to sign him, or his contract expires).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 10:00 - Aug 24 with 3682 viewsTrom

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 08:58 - Aug 24 by Dorse

You'd hope we are looking for center-backs on loan. I'm guessing the loan of the forwards came to fruition first.

It may well be that we were looking at forwards for a longer time and lining up the deals. Whilst we all knew the defense would be weaker it came as a bit of a surprise to me just how bad it's looked. Strikers we've known for a couple of seasons that we don't have any firepower.

So let's hope we can get another couple of deals across the line next week to sure up the back line.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 10:15 - Aug 24 with 3625 viewsDiscodroids

Only seen highlights of the bfg and the 90 minute red button showcasing of his talents v Bristol city.

To Me he looks like an escapee from a rampton secure sexual behaviour unit up on a charge of freezing stolen used knickers from laundry baskets and sealing them in sandwich bags to be rehydrated on the radiator for ingestion and sensorial release at a later date.

Big bald and albino white, lumbering about on the pitch as if he's on the run from the white coats and the chemical cosh.

A perpetual sHowreel of 'Streaky Jeffries' from the film 'mcvicar' running back to his own goal in 9ft Ringlefinch strides, ripped to the tits on dampening sexual inhibitors and home office experimental pacification drugs to curb his sexual bloodlust and engorged erection that never yields due to anomalies in the pathways of his pineal gland and brain stem.

Permanently drooling like a great dane up on offer for its spastic ringpiece at a 48 hour chem sex party above Robert Dyas in old compton street .

the blood seed of carsten jancker at center back. incredible.
Who the fk at QPR Thought he was a footballer?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 11:36]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 10:41 - Aug 24 with 3525 viewsMytch_QPR

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 10:15 - Aug 24 by Discodroids

Only seen highlights of the bfg and the 90 minute red button showcasing of his talents v Bristol city.

To Me he looks like an escapee from a rampton secure sexual behaviour unit up on a charge of freezing stolen used knickers from laundry baskets and sealing them in sandwich bags to be rehydrated on the radiator for ingestion and sensorial release at a later date.

Big bald and albino white, lumbering about on the pitch as if he's on the run from the white coats and the chemical cosh.

A perpetual sHowreel of 'Streaky Jeffries' from the film 'mcvicar' running back to his own goal in 9ft Ringlefinch strides, ripped to the tits on dampening sexual inhibitors and home office experimental pacification drugs to curb his sexual bloodlust and engorged erection that never yields due to anomalies in the pathways of his pineal gland and brain stem.

Permanently drooling like a great dane up on offer for its spastic ringpiece at a 48 hour chem sex party above Robert Dyas in old compton street .

Are you saying you like him, then?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 10:49 - Aug 24 with 3490 viewsMick_S

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 10:59 - Aug 24 with 3429 viewsSuperhoop83

A fair analogy.

Tuesday was my first chance to watch BFG2 in action and I don't think he's even any good at lumping the ball forward.

Disappointing and possibly our main issue at the back.

Suffering since 1978.

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 11:16 - Aug 24 with 3366 viewsHooparoo

Thought you were describing all Germans 😉

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 11:25 - Aug 24 with 3323 viewsbob566

genius
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 11:26 - Aug 24 with 3321 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Carsten Jancker would be great rhyming slang.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:07 - Aug 24 with 3221 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

The weakest part of the team last season was the defence. 70 goals conceded, only four teams worse. Our much maligned attack was 13th best in Championship.

Having lost Smithies, Ned, Robinson and Perch strengthening was desperately required. I would guess that we have received a number of knockbacks over the summer including Sainsbury. The only thing the club can do is keep trying. Getting a decent centre back is critical.

Kakay is not yet up to the job imo. Understandably people have not wanted to criticise him but he is miles off. Leistner looked calm and competent early on and was praised, but the last two matches show he is far too slow of thought and movement to make a Championship starter. Bidwell has also been very disappointing, falling over, not marking, caught out of position etc and if there was anyone else he would surely be dropped. The only defence McClaren can pick at the moment is Rangel, Lynch, Baptiste, Bidwell unless Hall is fit enough.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:45 - Aug 24 with 3121 viewsRs_Holy

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 10:41 - Aug 24 by Mytch_QPR

Are you saying you like him, then?

Didn’t Ted say he was in love with him???... it was pre-season mind!
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:52 - Aug 24 with 3080 viewsrobith

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 09:07 - Aug 24 by WestbourneR

I do actually think putting the ball in the back of the net is a bigger problem, silly as that sounds after losing 7—1. I think th me whole team will just much more potent.

That said the Baptiste does need a partner because the German is not up to it full stop. I’d go as far as to say Rangel at centre back and Kakay right back would be better.

While defence needs strengthening, I'm leaning towards agreeing here. Washington scores that early chance and it's a different game. We've scored 2 goals in 4 games? You won't stay up if you don't score
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:52 - Aug 24 with 3079 viewsMatch82

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 09:07 - Aug 24 by WestbourneR

Agree with this. I think once there is belief that the team will be able to get goals, confidence will start to flow through the team, including the defence. Now let's hope they start believing in these new fellas even before kickoff Saturday...

Edit: spelling
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 12:53]
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 13:02 - Aug 24 with 3010 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Come on Disco, how about some original content?

You've just copied and pasted that straight from Mark Clemmit's article on the BBC Sport website.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 13:02]
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 14:26 - Aug 24 with 2846 viewsToast_R

One of my colleagues an AFC supporter reckons their club captain and centre back Deji
Oshilaja who he rates, has downed tools owing to interest in loan deal to Ipswich with a view to a transfer later on. I'd like to see QPR try and scupper that deal with a cheeky bid.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 14:35 - Aug 24 with 2822 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 14:26 - Aug 24 by Toast_R

One of my colleagues an AFC supporter reckons their club captain and centre back Deji
Oshilaja who he rates, has downed tools owing to interest in loan deal to Ipswich with a view to a transfer later on. I'd like to see QPR try and scupper that deal with a cheeky bid.

A bit about Deji Oshilaja on East Anglian Daily Times website:

-----------

"AFC Wimbledon are unlikely to entertain loan offers for Ipswich Town target Deji Oshilaja after the Blues were unwilling to reach his £750,000 asking price on deadline day, we understand.

The Blues turned their attention to the 25-year-old after negotiations regarding Blackpool’s Curtis Tilt reached a dead end, with Ipswich finding it similarly difficult to reach an agreement with the Dons.

Ipswich manager Paul Hurst has described the League One club’s valuation as ‘too high’ while insisting the fact the player is in the final year of his contract, and thus can begin negotiating with other clubs from January, also played a part."
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 15:40 - Aug 24 with 2745 viewsToast_R

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 14:35 - Aug 24 by Ashdown_Ranger

A bit about Deji Oshilaja on East Anglian Daily Times website:

-----------

"AFC Wimbledon are unlikely to entertain loan offers for Ipswich Town target Deji Oshilaja after the Blues were unwilling to reach his £750,000 asking price on deadline day, we understand.

The Blues turned their attention to the 25-year-old after negotiations regarding Blackpool’s Curtis Tilt reached a dead end, with Ipswich finding it similarly difficult to reach an agreement with the Dons.

Ipswich manager Paul Hurst has described the League One club’s valuation as ‘too high’ while insisting the fact the player is in the final year of his contract, and thus can begin negotiating with other clubs from January, also played a part."

Sounds like it's a taylor made move for him then. Loan until January with a view to sign on a free. If possible, why not offer the Dons a loan fee and see if they go for it, rather than lose him for zilch come the new year? Win win all round. I'd tempt him further by offering him vice captaincy or the whole arm band altogether. He won't need to up sticks to bloody Norfolk.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 17:10 - Aug 24 with 2626 viewsHarbour

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:52 - Aug 24 by Match82

Agree with this. I think once there is belief that the team will be able to get goals, confidence will start to flow through the team, including the defence. Now let's hope they start believing in these new fellas even before kickoff Saturday...

Edit: spelling
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 12:53]

Not been impressed with Leinster
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 17:53 - Aug 24 with 2551 viewsoldmisery

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:52 - Aug 24 by robith

While defence needs strengthening, I'm leaning towards agreeing here. Washington scores that early chance and it's a different game. We've scored 2 goals in 4 games? You won't stay up if you don't score

You're right, we won't stay up if we don't score but we'll be relegated even faster if we keep conceeding goals at the current rate.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 17:58 - Aug 24 with 2538 viewsNorthernr

This is us now is it? Loaning out players that were playing well for us at the end of last season and borrowing in half a team to try and keep us up? We're accelerating back towards Priskin/Bent territory.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 18:31 - Aug 24 with 2466 viewsAntti_Heinola

I am happy to be the lone wolf who thinks Leistner will turn out ok.
Wins every header, I think his passing is much better than anyone else seems to. He's hard and strong in the tackle. If the defence can settle down I think he'll be ok.

Bare bones.

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 23:21 - Aug 24 with 2304 viewscaliforniahoop

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 17:58 - Aug 24 by Northernr

This is us now is it? Loaning out players that were playing well for us at the end of last season and borrowing in half a team to try and keep us up? We're accelerating back towards Priskin/Bent territory.

Agree, I believe we should have kept Manning, if we where playing the kids and losing I would understand but all are seasoned professionals, we mustn’t get away from developing the kids.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024