Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Behind closed doors 16:46 - Mar 10 with 3726 viewsSnipper

We all know that games behind closed doors matches have a smattering or people watching, so I’ve got a silly question. Will the club allow Chris Kemp to watch any BCD match?

He hasn’t missed a match home or away since 1989, so I think they should.
Behind closed doors on 17:21 - Mar 10 with 3059 viewsdaveB

depends if he has the virus or not, I'm guessing he wouldn't be allowed either way though
Behind closed doors on 17:40 - Mar 10 with 2976 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Behind closed doors on 17:21 - Mar 10 by daveB

depends if he has the virus or not, I'm guessing he wouldn't be allowed either way though

Agree with this I suspect no outsiders will be allowed just media and medical personnel and staff .
Ireland V Slovakia is going ahead behind closed doors so that is the first big Euro qualifier to be effected by the Coronavirus.Look for more once this expands further
Behind closed doors on 17:43 - Mar 10 with 2969 viewsTripleR

The club could make him an honorary kit-man for the matches played behind closed doors.

Or a ball boy, groundsman, anything to get him in the ground to watch the game.

I reckon he really deserves it....
Behind closed doors on 18:26 - Mar 10 with 2887 viewspaulparker

Football behind closed doors is a waste of time , you may as well go to the park and watch a game
Just lock down the whole lot for 2 weeks and see where we are in the world after that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Behind closed doors on 18:58 - Mar 10 with 2813 viewsDorse

Behind closed doors on 17:43 - Mar 10 by TripleR

The club could make him an honorary kit-man for the matches played behind closed doors.

Or a ball boy, groundsman, anything to get him in the ground to watch the game.

I reckon he really deserves it....

Jude the cat: the suit is effectively self-isolating!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Behind closed doors on 19:44 - Mar 10 with 2712 viewsHayesender

I managed to get in to see a behind closed doors pre-sesson friendly v Fulham around 1991.

I can honestly say I've never heard anyone swear as much in the space of 90 minutes as Ray Wilkins that day

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Behind closed doors on 21:31 - Mar 10 with 2569 viewsstowmarketrange

Behind closed doors on 18:26 - Mar 10 by paulparker

Football behind closed doors is a waste of time , you may as well go to the park and watch a game
Just lock down the whole lot for 2 weeks and see where we are in the world after that

I’m watching the games on bt sport tonight.My main choice is the Leipzig game but the other game has more goals but I had to turn it over after 30 seconds of silence.
Behind closed doors on 22:15 - Mar 10 with 2449 viewssmegma

Behind closed doors on 19:44 - Mar 10 by Hayesender

I managed to get in to see a behind closed doors pre-sesson friendly v Fulham around 1991.

I can honestly say I've never heard anyone swear as much in the space of 90 minutes as Ray Wilkins that day

Last season I went to Harlington for a friendly against Barnet. When I got there I discovered it was BCD. So I went and hid in some bushes behind one of the goals. I had to act as ballboy at one point and got talking to Matt Ingram. This was the game when Eze scored a beauty when chipping the keeper from outside the box.
Login to get fewer ads

Behind closed doors on 08:00 - Mar 11 with 2239 viewsstevec

Behind closed doors on 18:26 - Mar 10 by paulparker

Agree. A number of managers are coming out saying the same, as Nuno says, we do our job for the people and if the people can’t come to watch, there is no sense.

There’s a feeling this Saturday could be the last set of games played in front of a crowd, possibly for the rest of this season.

So why not put the season on hold after the weekend? Given clubs demands for a mid season break and the World Cup of 2022, why not try a new approach.

We could restart this season in August and run it through, including play offs and champions league, to end October. Make the 20/21 season (and 21/22) run from January through to end of October 21 and include a mid season break in the perceived hottest month (July). It would also give everyone the opportunity to hit the World Cup running in November 22.

‘Calendar’ year seasons would work on many levels and seeing as Cricket seasons seem to pan entire calendar years these days I doubt there’d be any objections.
Behind closed doors on 08:39 - Mar 11 with 2192 viewssmegma

Behind closed doors on 08:00 - Mar 11 by stevec

Agree. A number of managers are coming out saying the same, as Nuno says, we do our job for the people and if the people can’t come to watch, there is no sense.

There’s a feeling this Saturday could be the last set of games played in front of a crowd, possibly for the rest of this season.

So why not put the season on hold after the weekend? Given clubs demands for a mid season break and the World Cup of 2022, why not try a new approach.

We could restart this season in August and run it through, including play offs and champions league, to end October. Make the 20/21 season (and 21/22) run from January through to end of October 21 and include a mid season break in the perceived hottest month (July). It would also give everyone the opportunity to hit the World Cup running in November 22.

‘Calendar’ year seasons would work on many levels and seeing as Cricket seasons seem to pan entire calendar years these days I doubt there’d be any objections.

And you said that with football without fans .....'there is no sense' ????

Behind closed doors on 08:54 - Mar 11 with 2134 viewsstevec

Behind closed doors on 08:39 - Mar 11 by smegma

And you said that with football without fans .....'there is no sense' ????

Sorry mate, being a bit thick this end but not quite getting that?
Behind closed doors on 09:41 - Mar 11 with 2075 viewsstowmarketrange

I think I’d prefer all games postponed rather than continue behind closed doors.They say that the pandemic will peak in 2 weeks time,so just postpone everything for a month and see what the situation is like then.
Behind closed doors on 09:58 - Mar 11 with 2040 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Am I totally missing something here? There is less than 400 people diagnosed with this virus in the UK. There are more people diagnosed with a STI each day. I know that STI's don't kill people, but I'm still struggling to understand the hysteria of the situation.
Behind closed doors on 10:03 - Mar 11 with 2014 viewstimcocking

Behind closed doors on 17:21 - Mar 10 by daveB

surely to goodness it could be sorted?
Behind closed doors on 10:12 - Mar 11 with 1997 viewsTheChef

Behind closed doors on 09:58 - Mar 11 by dodge_stoke_r

Am I totally missing something here? There is less than 400 people diagnosed with this virus in the UK. There are more people diagnosed with a STI each day. I know that STI's don't kill people, but I'm still struggling to understand the hysteria of the situation.

Yep, seems more ridiculous every day. How long are they going to spin this out for?

Good point about STIs though - I mean you can't be too careful, everybody should stop sh8gging.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Behind closed doors on 13:06 - Mar 11 with 1901 viewsThe_Beast1976

Have you not seen what is happening in hospitals in Italy? The idea is to stop that happening here (although we're probably too late for that now). There is big trouble ahead I think
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 17:15]
Behind closed doors on 16:33 - Mar 11 with 1757 viewsLazyFan

Chris Kemp should in the ground on the QPR live stream commentating as the fan commentator.

This solves all the problems in one go.
Simples.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Behind closed doors on 16:35 - Mar 11 with 1746 viewsAntti_Heinola

it feels like that, but apparently models are showing that we're only 2 weeks behind Italy and it's chaos there.

Bare bones.

Behind closed doors on 17:09 - Mar 11 with 1698 viewsQPR_John

There are 456 now
Behind closed doors on 17:25 - Mar 11 with 1652 viewsHayesender

Now officially declared a pandemic by WHO. Stay safe everyone, and look after your elderly family

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Behind closed doors on 17:33 - Mar 11 with 1637 viewsqueensparker

If the trajectory of infection continues it will basically overwhelm our hospitals to the point they can’t do anything else. So while it may not seem “that bad” a disease it is serious enough to threaten the lives of enough old people to cause hospitals and GPs to be potentially unable to deal with you if you eg cut yourself badly or break something or have a bad asthma attack or an unexplained pain whatever else A and E deal with on a regular basis.

We only have a limited amount of hospital resources and staff and it’s only got worse in the last few years (anyone who ever needs them will know this very well) so we need to contain this as much as we can or our health service is going to be badly struggling
Behind closed doors on 18:52 - Mar 11 with 1549 viewsLeedsR

Just watching Gladbach v Cologne on BT sport. First Bundesliga match ever behind closed doors. Surreal. Like a training match but more echoes.
Behind closed doors on 22:45 - Mar 11 with 1399 viewsSnipper

Government moving onto the delaying phase from tomorrow.

Looks like matches will be played behind closed doors.
Behind closed doors on 23:17 - Mar 11 with 1343 viewssmegma

Behind closed doors on 08:54 - Mar 11 by stevec

Sorry mate, being a bit thick this end but not quite getting that?

I was alluding to your proposal of restarting in August. The only way you could outdo that for ridiculousness was suggesting games be played in Qatar in 40 degree heat.
Behind closed doors on 23:22 - Mar 11 with 1332 viewsdaveB

rather than behind closed doors they should just delay the end of the season, finish the club season in June maybe even July, behind closed doors will just be crap

The Euros could easily be moved to next summer, with it being all across europe that looks unlikely to happen anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024