Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG 21:22 - Jul 26 with 5970 viewsHooparoo

Anyone know what Toni’s situation is? Sounds like he did ok at Koln so I assume they’ll want him back. God knows we need a big ugly bastard at the back but I doubt we can afford him anymore. He’s been putting lots of happy photos on his Instagram account so seems like he’s happy to go home.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

BFG on 21:29 - Jul 26 with 4519 viewsaston_hoop

Dave Mac on WLS suggested they didn't want him back and its all up in the air at the moment

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-football-toni-leistner-future-24072033

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BFG on 21:34 - Jul 26 with 4484 viewsGloucs_R

Almost certainly going to be released on a free

Poll: Are we staying up?

BFG on 21:37 - Jul 26 with 4469 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BFG on 21:34 - Jul 26 by Gloucs_R

Almost certainly going to be released on a free

I thought he was signed on a three-year deal, Gloucs?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BFG on 21:43 - Jul 26 with 4436 viewsLatticeR

Hi Hooparoo
Watched a few of the Koln Games before our games restarted and Koln were awful following the German Restart.
BFG remains good at what he does best however would be surprised if he remains with Koln or another Bundesliga 1 team.Think he will need to drop down a division as I saw him regularly caught out for pace..
BFG on 21:50 - Jul 26 with 4406 viewsLazyFan

BFG on 21:43 - Jul 26 by LatticeR

Hi Hooparoo
Watched a few of the Koln Games before our games restarted and Koln were awful following the German Restart.
BFG remains good at what he does best however would be surprised if he remains with Koln or another Bundesliga 1 team.Think he will need to drop down a division as I saw him regularly caught out for pace..

Agree, he's not up to it. Problem is his wages are £10K per week or so the rumour goes.
Thus no will want him so, I suspect as others have said, either its a free or we have him for one more season. Useful against Forest or Millwall.

zzzzzzzzzz

BFG on 21:57 - Jul 26 with 4374 viewsHooparoo

BFG on 21:43 - Jul 26 by LatticeR

Hi Hooparoo

Thanks mate. You’re right about his lack of pace but I did like his attitude and thought we weren’t as soft at the back with him around.

We move on. I trust Warburton to get it right.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

BFG on 22:12 - Jul 26 with 4333 viewsLatticeR

BFG on 21:57 - Jul 26 by Hooparoo

Thanks mate. You’re right about his lack of pace but I did like his attitude and thought we weren’t as soft at the back with him around.

We move on. I trust Warburton to get it right.

I too always appreciated BFG but I think a top division in Germany ,as in England,is a step above where his strengths lay
BFG on 23:39 - Jul 26 with 4186 viewsDavieQPR

BFG on 21:50 - Jul 26 by LazyFan

Agree, he's not up to it. Problem is his wages are £10K per week or so the rumour goes.
Thus no will want him so, I suspect as others have said, either its a free or we have him for one more season. Useful against Forest or Millwall.

The report I read had him on £16k basic second only to Hugill on £18k.
Login to get fewer ads

BFG on 03:21 - Jul 27 with 4031 viewstimcocking

He made it crystal clear he won't come back.
BFG on 05:15 - Jul 27 with 4028 viewsParkRoyalR

BFG on 23:39 - Jul 26 by DavieQPR

The report I read had him on £16k basic second only to Hugill on £18k.

I was told those two were on 25k and 27k respectively, I hope that's not the case. Either way, presume Warburton will need Leistner off the wage bill to do the work he really needs to do in the transfer window. McClaren's legacy a really lazy signing similar to JFH signing Washington - no real scouting or strategy - just short termism we need a big lump or he's banged in a few just what we need type player recruitment, which hopefully seems behind us.
BFG on 06:58 - Jul 27 with 3953 viewsGloucs_R

BFG on 21:37 - Jul 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought he was signed on a three-year deal, Gloucs?

One year left, doesn't want to come back to the UK. I can't see anyone paying a fee and we need to shift him off the books. So logically it makes sense to release him on a free..... He gets to sign for a German club for nothing but forfeits his large wages.

That's how I see it Brian

BFG on 07:32 - Jul 27 with 3908 viewsozexile

BFG on 06:58 - Jul 27 by Gloucs_R

One year left, doesn't want to come back to the UK. I can't see anyone paying a fee and we need to shift him off the books. So logically it makes sense to release him on a free..... He gets to sign for a German club for nothing but forfeits his large wages.

We do seem to get a lot of this with our foreign players. What else do they want. Great wage, living in London!
BFG on 07:46 - Jul 27 with 3888 viewsGloucs_R

BFG on 07:32 - Jul 27 by ozexile

We do seem to get a lot of this with our foreign players. What else do they want. Great wage, living in London!

BFG2 had a young family and I read his wife wanted to be closer to her family.

That I can empathize with.

BFG1 didn't get an easy ride of the fans and the club was going through a transitional phase, so we promised him one thing and the reality was very different I suspect.

BFG on 08:17 - Jul 27 with 3816 viewsCamberleyR

BFG on 05:15 - Jul 27 by ParkRoyalR

I was told those two were on 25k and 27k respectively, I hope that's not the case. Either way, presume Warburton will need Leistner off the wage bill to do the work he really needs to do in the transfer window. McClaren's legacy a really lazy signing similar to JFH signing Washington - no real scouting or strategy - just short termism we need a big lump or he's banged in a few just what we need type player recruitment, which hopefully seems behind us.

There is absolutely NO way in 2018 in the ongoing process of trying to reduce the wage bill, that we were giving anyone a three year contract at £25k a week, a free transfer or not.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

BFG on 08:44 - Jul 27 with 3760 viewsBlue_Castello

BFG on 06:58 - Jul 27 by Gloucs_R

There was an article in one of the click bait sites , Sporting Witness, which had an interview with Leistner, basically Warburton doesn't want him and he doesn't want to come back to the Rs for the way he's been treated.
He could do a job for us next year but I totally agree we need to get his wage off the books and with those sorts of attitudes from the Manager and the Player its best he moves on.
Regrettably it's best if we release him on a free and then he can negotiate his preferred move and we get a chunk of salary to use for another player.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 8:47]
BFG on 09:02 - Jul 27 with 3693 viewsgazza1

He's not good enough for the Championship week in and week out. I would prefer to have a youngster from our club as back up for CB and develop him accordingly to see if he is good enough.

We need to stop wasting money on 'old boys' who are finished basically if that is what the BFG is and also stop keep renewing youngsters contracts without getting them games in the 1st Team to actually find out if they are good enough.
BFG on 09:24 - Jul 27 with 3613 viewsParkRoyalR

BFG on 08:17 - Jul 27 by CamberleyR

There is absolutely NO way in 2018 in the ongoing process of trying to reduce the wage bill, that we were giving anyone a three year contract at £25k a week, a free transfer or not.

It came from a source who knows our club very well and said we were paying half Hugill's wages and Leistner was on that number. I would be surprised if they were wrong but like you, hope they are, as Warburton's need 4 or 5 new players to compete next year and at the same time reduce our wage bill.
BFG on 09:34 - Jul 27 with 3569 viewsNorthernr

He's a big earner but there's no way it's more than £20k a week.

I hear a lot of these horror stories about how much we're paying Leistner, Pugh, Hugill, Hemed etc but the accounts show the wage bill reducing year on year and under £20m p/a for the first time in many years for the McClaren year, even with Leistner and his late trolley dash around Premier League reserve teams, so if we are paying them that much then everybody else must be on literally fck all.

Did here Koln aren't keen on making the deal permanent though so if that's true he's coming back unless we get something else fixed up (he wants to go back to Germany and we want him to go back to Germany so that's almpost certainly what's going to happen).
BFG on 09:48 - Jul 27 with 3525 viewsTacticalR

BFG on 07:32 - Jul 27 by ozexile

London can be a place that it's very hard to put down roots in.

Air hostess clique

BFG on 09:52 - Jul 27 with 3510 viewsterryb

I thought he looked awful for Koln. Mind you, Koln looked terrible all over the pitch!

I expect that he will end up back in the German second tier, probably on a free transfer as we need to offload his wages& it would appear he doesn't want to return.
BFG on 09:53 - Jul 27 with 3507 viewsflynnbo

BFG on 09:48 - Jul 27 by TacticalR

London can be a place that it's very hard to put down roots in.

Just look at our very own Stan Bowles! Oh, and Ned!!
BFG on 10:13 - Jul 27 with 3452 viewsTheChef

BFG on 09:34 - Jul 27 by Northernr

He's a big earner but there's no way it's more than £20k a week.

I hear a lot of these horror stories about how much we're paying Leistner, Pugh, Hugill, Hemed etc but the accounts show the wage bill reducing year on year and under £20m p/a for the first time in many years for the McClaren year, even with Leistner and his late trolley dash around Premier League reserve teams, so if we are paying them that much then everybody else must be on literally fck all.

Did here Koln aren't keen on making the deal permanent though so if that's true he's coming back unless we get something else fixed up (he wants to go back to Germany and we want him to go back to Germany so that's almpost certainly what's going to happen).

Exactly, I'm sure there will be a German club keen to take him on. Just that wages may be the sticking point (although a wife keen to go home may help with that...).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BFG on 10:24 - Jul 27 with 3416 viewsQPR_John

Dont see the problem. We ask him to come back, if he does we pay him (and play him if necessary), if he does not he is in breach of contract and we dont pay him.
BFG on 10:26 - Jul 27 with 3411 viewsdanehoop

I read it as Koln were quite happy with him, but were not going to take him now. This might change if they managed to sell first. That is going to be similar to quite a lot of clubs.

Equally he wasn't in Warburton's plans as he didn't fit in with how we were planning to play, but he did a decent enough job when circumstances were such that we needed him to play. He has always been totally professional with us and I didn't get the impression that there was any particular animosity. We looked to help get him back to Germany and have been supportive of him in the circumstances. Like others I expect a deal to be reached so he can be released on a free, with terms sufficient to allow him to be picked up by another German club.

Never knowingly understood

BFG on 10:31 - Jul 27 with 3395 viewsdaveB

He'll end up going, they will just want to pay as little as they can for him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024