Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Ratings 20:09 - Oct 17 with 2309 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Out of interest, would love to know what people thought of today.

ine:

Dieng - 6 - Very little to do, distribution generally very good bar one faux pas, dropped one cross.

Kakay - 7 Fine game in defence, decent in attack, handled Danjuma well despite being outpaced. Slowed the game down a few times. Wise head.

Dickie - 8 Superb first half, utterly dominant on Solanke and excellent on the ball. I thought Warburton should have told him to follow Solanke when the latter decided to play off Barbet. That he didn't brought Solanke and Bourne-mouth (copyright Sints) into the game and robbed us of our best defender.

Barbet - 4 Overcommitted on at least four occasions, missed two headers, left spaces twice, all had to be moppped up by Dickie and Wallace.

Wallace -7 B'm moved Smith on to him in the second half and tried to target him but he was rocksteady. Also contributed in attack to a respectable degree.

Ball - 7 - Quietly effective in the first half. Thundered into the second half.

Cameron - 7 More visible perhaps, but also more wasteful in his passing.

BOS - 6 Tried hard but off form even before he shipped the two knocks.

Amos - 8 Best game by far for us and MOTM while he was on the pitch. Not a traditionally creative No. 10 but he did well there today. Tackling feverish, pressing intelligent, positioning superb. Fingers crossed on the injury.

Chair - 5 Off form, out of position and trying too hard. I think he's a fantastic player and is our most creative option. May need a quick break to allow everyone to rethink.

Bonne - 5 Different to Dykes in that he drifts back to the right side bringing BOS into the play rather than Chair. I thought he was more mobile than Dykes on this showing but Dykes' hold-up play is better. I like that we have variety. I'd have given him a seven if he'd stuck one of the two great chances he was given.

Subs:

Adomah - 6 Very promising. Clever and experienced. Looked nervous at first.
Carroll - 6 Really like this player. Played out of position, but played the game simply, bringing us back into the game.
Willock - 5 Brushed off the ball twice, needed to learn, then won a free, so maybe he did.

Management - 8:

Management now seem to be adopting a more pragmatic approach in the wake of Eze's departure. Someone has clearly been working well with the defence (playing a great offside away to B'm in the 92nd minute? What is this madness? Have we always been allowed to do this?)

Someone is working well with the pressing where we now are covering passes off intelligently rather than (as some teams do) just rushing the player in possession - we really cut off Bournemouth's preferred passing across the back three and to the goalie, forcing them to play long along the wings, nullifying their midfield three.

Defensive set pieces were good again. Attacking set pieces were once again inventive, though Chair's delivery was sometimes out and sometimes they were just defended well.

Subs worked a treat. Would love to know who LTC was coming on for before Amos got injured. But I think we lacked an out ball for about fifteen minutes of the second half with Chair lacking confidence and BOS off-form and injured. Maybe we could have used our new talent on the bench earlier.

Overall, though, a fine job my Management today.

Edit "Different to Dykes"
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 22:34]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Match Ratings on 20:19 - Oct 17 with 2258 viewsbollockchops

that was the first time ive seen Dickie for 90 minutes and i was very impressed
Match Ratings on 20:24 - Oct 17 with 2237 viewsflynnbo

WLS ratings here:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-player-ratings-bournemouth-17200

Brian, I believe Chair was going to be subbed prior to Amos's injury.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 20:25]
Match Ratings on 20:31 - Oct 17 with 2169 viewsted_hendrix

Match Ratings on 20:19 - Oct 17 by bollockchops

that was the first time ive seen Dickie for 90 minutes and i was very impressed

Our best signing so far (IMO) I sincerely hope we can keep him and develop his game even further.
Without going OTT Dickie is going to be a stand out player for us, the sort who's first on the team sheet.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Match Ratings on 20:35 - Oct 17 with 2147 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Match Ratings on 20:24 - Oct 17 by flynnbo

WLS ratings here:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-player-ratings-bournemouth-17200

Brian, I believe Chair was going to be subbed prior to Amos's injury.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 20:25]

Thanks Flynnbo:-

From WLS:

"Yoann Barbet: 8
Much improved performance from the Frenchman. Kept the £20m Dominic Solanke firmly in check."

I saw this completely differently. Dickie picked hi up in the 1st half and did a job on him, then B'm oved Solanke onto Barbet who really struggled with him. In both halves, Barbet overcommitted (four times on my amateurish count) and was bailed out by the covering Dickie (three times) and Wallace (once).

Match Ratings on 20:41 - Oct 17 with 2112 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Match Ratings on 20:31 - Oct 17 by ted_hendrix

Our best signing so far (IMO) I sincerely hope we can keep him and develop his game even further.
Without going OTT Dickie is going to be a stand out player for us, the sort who's first on the team sheet.

Very promising signing, Ted, isn't he?

The only word of caution I'd have is that he lacks pace. But there was a glorious moment in the second half when Surridge was on the right with Dickie shadowing him, checked back onto his left and Dickie was shagged for pace and did that head-down run that we all did in school when we were scoobied. But yet he got there and blocked Surridge's cross.

I think we have a live one.

Match Ratings on 20:50 - Oct 17 with 2060 viewsrsonist

Barbet should always just get an asterisk score. As usual he was neither a 4 nor and 8 yet both simultaneously.

No sense of humour with him, some people...
Match Ratings on 20:53 - Oct 17 with 2046 viewsBlackCrowe

Chair and BOS were/are not the same players from last season. Maybe it's an Eze thing. Hope they come good again. Newbies looked very good.

Amos and also Wallace were very good. And Dieng looks solid and calm and just what the back line need.

LTC is beginning to raise the old eyebrows a bit too.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Match Ratings on 21:46 - Oct 17 with 1886 viewsstevec

Match Ratings on 20:35 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Flynnbo:-

From WLS:

"Yoann Barbet: 8
Much improved performance from the Frenchman. Kept the £20m Dominic Solanke firmly in check."

I saw this completely differently. Dickie picked hi up in the 1st half and did a job on him, then B'm oved Solanke onto Barbet who really struggled with him. In both halves, Barbet overcommitted (four times on my amateurish count) and was bailed out by the covering Dickie (three times) and Wallace (once).

Extremely harsh on Barbet Brian, thought he had a good game. Probably only Chair scores under 6 today.

Thought we were excellent apart from in front of goal, only provision is wondering if Bournemouth’s style played into our hands particularly as our centre backs had control of Solanke and Surridge. Get a better idea with two upcoming home games.

Thoroughly enjoyed today and hope we follow that up.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Ratings on 21:48 - Oct 17 with 1876 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Match Ratings on 21:46 - Oct 17 by stevec

Extremely harsh on Barbet Brian, thought he had a good game. Probably only Chair scores under 6 today.

Thought we were excellent apart from in front of goal, only provision is wondering if Bournemouth’s style played into our hands particularly as our centre backs had control of Solanke and Surridge. Get a better idea with two upcoming home games.

Thoroughly enjoyed today and hope we follow that up.

Fair enough, Steve.

I enjoyed today as well. I just thought that Barbet missed too many headers and tackles, overcommitting when there was no need to do so. Luckily we had Dickie and Wallace to cover for him.

Match Ratings on 22:03 - Oct 17 with 1801 viewsted_hendrix

Match Ratings on 20:41 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Very promising signing, Ted, isn't he?

The only word of caution I'd have is that he lacks pace. But there was a glorious moment in the second half when Surridge was on the right with Dickie shadowing him, checked back onto his left and Dickie was shagged for pace and did that head-down run that we all did in school when we were scoobied. But yet he got there and blocked Surridge's cross.

I think we have a live one.

Yes pace is important Brian no doubt and at 24 Years old I don't think any coach will be able to get him running any faster than he already can?
He's got a bleeding good football brain in his bonce though and the natives up here were sorely pissed off that he was leaving them to join us.
As stated earlier I don't want to go OTT about the lad but I'm delighted he's ours.
On an other matter Joe Gubbins started for Oxford City in their 4-0 win today, if it wasn't for this bastard Covid thing I might have taken in the odd Oxford City game to keep an eye on him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Match Ratings on 22:21 - Oct 17 with 1728 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Match Ratings on 22:03 - Oct 17 by ted_hendrix

Yes pace is important Brian no doubt and at 24 Years old I don't think any coach will be able to get him running any faster than he already can?
He's got a bleeding good football brain in his bonce though and the natives up here were sorely pissed off that he was leaving them to join us.
As stated earlier I don't want to go OTT about the lad but I'm delighted he's ours.
On an other matter Joe Gubbins started for Oxford City in their 4-0 win today, if it wasn't for this bastard Covid thing I might have taken in the odd Oxford City game to keep an eye on him.

I like both of them Ted.

I think you're right about pace - hard to improve. But not impossible. He'll never win the sprint but with good coaching he will get faster, especially over the the first few yards.

I've seen Gubbins play for our yoofs once in the flesh and he's been a pet hope of mine since. Everything I've watched online since has felt good.

Match Ratings on 22:28 - Oct 17 with 1704 viewsMyke

Match Ratings on 22:21 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I like both of them Ted.

I think you're right about pace - hard to improve. But not impossible. He'll never win the sprint but with good coaching he will get faster, especially over the the first few yards.

I've seen Gubbins play for our yoofs once in the flesh and he's been a pet hope of mine since. Everything I've watched online since has felt good.

Yeah I think running technique can be improved whatever about actual pace. My son has developed his own running style, which definitely has made him quicker over a longer distance, but not so much for the first twenty metres, which are probably the most crucial for a CB. More importantly, if he has a good football brain, he will use that to anticipate danger, which will reduce his need for speed. Speed for defenders is usually last ditch, when they haven't spotted the danger in time
Match Ratings on 22:51 - Oct 17 with 1654 viewsOakR

Dieng - 7 looked assured, I think the dropped cross looked like it was knocked out by an arm, but the whole back 5 feel different with him there. Looks very comfortable on the ball and a big presence.

Wallace 7 - he has made a couple of horrendous marking errors in the first few games, but I think he will be ok for us at left-back. Defensively good today and not bad going forwards, would have had an assist had Bonne connected properly.

Kakay - 7 He's like a new player, he is now the 1st choice right backk no question.

Dickie - 9 Great performance, composed and dominant!

Barbet 7 - Good game for me, I think we are always better with him playing.

Amos - 9 Great work off the ball, unlucky not to get an assist. Hope the injury is not too bad.

Chair - 5 Worked hard but wide left is not his position and his delivery from set pieces was generally poor. Needs to be central. He will come good.

BOS -7 Worked hard, created a good chance for himself, moved us up the pitch well and was a good outlet. when he gets the ball wide right we go forwards, when Chair gets it, we normally go backwards.

Ball - 7 Worked hard with Cameron and a great foil in front of the defence - our clean sheet was definitely a team effort.

Cameron - 7 as above

Bonne - 6 Great movement but should have scored one and done better passing to Adomah when he was free.

Subs

Adomah - 7 Thought he looked really good coming on, really pushing for a starting place. Would love to have him wide right adn BOS on the left.

Carroll - 7 Looked good again. Always looking to pass forwards, reverse passes etc. Really enjoy watching him - is going to turn out to be a great signing I think.

Willock - 6 Hard to judge. Looked ok.

Team performance - 9 - the most important one, this really was a true team performance and it was great to see - just missing the finishing touches.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Match Ratings on 23:16 - Oct 17 with 1583 viewscaliforniahoop

I like, other than Barbet, I think you nailed this.
Match Ratings on 23:27 - Oct 17 with 1552 viewscaliforniahoop

Match Ratings on 22:51 - Oct 17 by OakR

Dieng - 7 looked assured, I think the dropped cross looked like it was knocked out by an arm, but the whole back 5 feel different with him there. Looks very comfortable on the ball and a big presence.

Wallace 7 - he has made a couple of horrendous marking errors in the first few games, but I think he will be ok for us at left-back. Defensively good today and not bad going forwards, would have had an assist had Bonne connected properly.

Kakay - 7 He's like a new player, he is now the 1st choice right backk no question.

Amos - 9 Great work off the ball, unlucky not to get an assist. Hope the injury is not too bad.

Chair - 5 Worked hard but wide left is not his position and his delivery from set pieces was generally poor. Needs to be central. He will come good.

BOS -7 Worked hard, created a good chance for himself, moved us up the pitch well and was a good outlet. when he gets the ball wide right we go forwards, when Chair gets it, we normally go backwards.

Ball - 7 Worked hard with Cameron and a great foil in front of the defence - our clean sheet was definitely a team effort.

Cameron - 7 as above

Bonne - 6 Great movement but should have scored one and done better passing to Adomah when he was free.

Subs

Adomah - 7 Thought he looked really good coming on, really pushing for a starting place. Would love to have him wide right adn BOS on the left.

Carroll - 7 Looked good again. Always looking to pass forwards, reverse passes etc. Really enjoy watching him - is going to turn out to be a great signing I think.

Team performance - 9 - the most important one, this really was a true team performance and it was great to see - just missing the finishing touches.

About right
Match Ratings on 07:54 - Oct 18 with 1295 viewsGloucs_R

Cameron - 7 as above

Subs

Spot on. Although the subs would only get 6.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Match Ratings on 08:09 - Oct 18 with 1265 viewsDixie_CT

Cameron - 7 as above

Subs

As Meatloaf sung, you took the words right out of my mouth. Nailed it!
Match Ratings on 08:51 - Oct 18 with 1203 viewsozexile

Match Ratings on 08:09 - Oct 18 by Dixie_CT

As Meatloaf sung, you took the words right out of my mouth. Nailed it!

I think that's the best I've seen Barbet play.
Match Ratings on 10:35 - Oct 18 with 1097 viewsNorthantsHoop

Generally thought all pretty good yesterday. Our pressing in the 1st half was excellent and this unsettled Bournemouth, they never really looked confident. Putting Dominic Ball back in the team was a good call, shame Amos got injured, starting to find his game.
Match Ratings on 10:40 - Oct 18 with 1065 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought Barbet was a six, seemed to have a decent game for me although I can't remember anything good or poor specifically.

Cameron and Ball both 6 both solid and put in a shift but guilty of giving the ball away. Ball once in our third which the defense were very quick to close down and win back. Cameron a few times when we were moving into their third.

Other than that pretty much agree with Brian's thoughts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024