Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Sky red button any good ???? 13:27 - Feb 17 with 3179 viewsnumptydumpty

Hi Ranger boys and girls

I normally watch via the club stream and pay £10.

But just asking as never really watched it much but is the red button on the sky sports any good...

The coverage previously used to just be one camera angle throughout and no replays

Is this still the same or is the coverage on a par with Sky's normal live coverage of the big games

Was considering viewing via the red button as opposed to the coverage on QPR+ ???

Anyone got any prior knowledge and what they themselves prefer etc....
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 13:27]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 13:32 - Feb 17 with 2627 viewsNorthernr

Yeh it's single camera, no replays and no zoom, one commentator back in the studio. Flicked between a few games last night and it's not great. It's also a long way behind, got a WhatsApp message about Derby's last minute winner miles before it actually happened on my TV.
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 13:45 - Feb 17 with 2575 viewsR_from_afar

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 13:32 - Feb 17 by Northernr

Yeh it's single camera, no replays and no zoom, one commentator back in the studio. Flicked between a few games last night and it's not great. It's also a long way behind, got a WhatsApp message about Derby's last minute winner miles before it actually happened on my TV.

I caught the tail end of the Wycombe v Direby game on the red button last night.

Derby were playing fairly standard football, so not just hoofing it as they searched for the winner - it was 1-1 at the time - but Wycombe were taking a more - cough - direct approach. It was like an artillery bombardment, with Allsopp launching kick after mighty kick deep into WRDC territory. The red button commentator quipped: "This game has lost a lot of its finery".

It was nip and tuck until, at the very death, Wycombe gave away a silly free kick near their own box. The free kick hit the post and the rebound was slammed straight into the net. Cruel, I felt for Gareth.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 13:48 - Feb 17 with 2559 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Yeah I think I'll just pay the tenner.
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 13:54 - Feb 17 with 2520 viewsNorthernr

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 13:45 - Feb 17 by R_from_afar

I caught the tail end of the Wycombe v Direby game on the red button last night.

Derby were playing fairly standard football, so not just hoofing it as they searched for the winner - it was 1-1 at the time - but Wycombe were taking a more - cough - direct approach. It was like an artillery bombardment, with Allsopp launching kick after mighty kick deep into WRDC territory. The red button commentator quipped: "This game has lost a lot of its finery".

It was nip and tuck until, at the very death, Wycombe gave away a silly free kick near their own box. The free kick hit the post and the rebound was slammed straight into the net. Cruel, I felt for Gareth.

Yeh it was Rob Palmer I think, who used to do a lot of La Liga. Great line, I laughed out loud at that one too.
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 14:15 - Feb 17 with 2451 viewsJeff

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 13:32 - Feb 17 by Northernr

Ah. Sorry about that...

Can we not knock it?

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:23 - Feb 17 with 2288 viewsLythamR

I cant see any red button option for tonights game
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:29 - Feb 17 with 2259 viewsNorthernr

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:23 - Feb 17 by LythamR

I cant see any red button option for tonights game

It's definitely there. Just go on Sky Sports Football at 7pm and it should say 'match choice' in the corner of the screen. Worked fine last night, I think I watched a bit of every game at one point or another with the staggered kick offs.
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:30 - Feb 17 with 2257 viewsStanisgod

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 13:45 - Feb 17 by R_from_afar

Nice to see Rooneys brought his Man Ure luck with him, should never had won at ours.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:45 - Feb 17 with 2204 viewsjohncharles

Red button,
No zoom, no replays, one camera. Like being there live. Refreshing.

Strong and stable my arse.

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:52 - Feb 17 with 2179 viewskernowhoop

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:45 - Feb 17 by johncharles

Red button,

And after an hour and a half, bad for the eyes.
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:55 - Feb 17 with 2162 viewsPinnerPaul

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:52 - Feb 17 by kernowhoop

And after an hour and a half, bad for the eyes.

Don't have Sky but as much as they sometimes irritate me - surely its better to listen to Nick and Andy, actually at the ground, than a dispassionate comm at Stockley Park?
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 17:03 - Feb 17 with 2132 viewsTrom

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:45 - Feb 17 by johncharles

Red button,

Do they have a metal pole to block out the view of the pitch in certain areas. Vital for the full Loftus Road experience!!
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 17:32 - Feb 17 with 2052 viewsW7Ranger

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 17:03 - Feb 17 by Trom

Do they have a metal pole to block out the view of the pitch in certain areas. Vital for the full Loftus Road experience!!

Stand in piss on your toilet floor, cold water from your bathroom hot tap and a hand dryer that blows like a gentle breeze.
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 17:44 - Feb 17 with 1999 viewsPinnerPaul

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 17:32 - Feb 17 by W7Ranger

Stand in piss on your toilet floor, cold water from your bathroom hot tap and a hand dryer that blows like a gentle breeze.

and get your other half to walk in front of the screen, just as we are attacking about 5 minutes into the game.

Repeat at the start of the 2nd half, and again 5 minutes from the end of 90'
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 17:45 - Feb 17 with 1996 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 17:32 - Feb 17 by W7Ranger

Get your significant other to knock up a couple 'heavenly' QPR burgers at £4.90 a pop whilst your at it, drink 4 to 5 plastic bottles of warm Carlsberg (a mere £5) and it should be an excellent evening all round.
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 17:45 - Feb 17 with 1992 viewsDieByYourSide

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:55 - Feb 17 by PinnerPaul

Don't have Sky but as much as they sometimes irritate me - surely its better to listen to Nick and Andy, actually at the ground, than a dispassionate comm at Stockley Park?

Don't let that put you off!

Poll: And it's hi ho

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 17:49 - Feb 17 with 1974 viewsstowmarketrange

The trouble with watching it on my iPhone is that it’s normally 40 seconds behind sky sports,and I like to watch 409 to see the rest of the scores,so you can see the goal on sky before it appears on my phone live.
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 18:32 - Feb 17 with 1866 viewsjohncharles

Right I’m all set. Got a broomstick standing in front of the tele, pouring my Goose Island IPA into a plastic beaker and my Mrs always walks in front of the screen when there’s football on.
2 - 0 to the Soopa Hoopsa.

Strong and stable my arse.

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 18:43 - Feb 17 with 1824 viewsnumptydumpty

With that massive endorsement of Sky s coverage - forked out with the tenner !!!

Yes was hoping that the red button coverage was better - seen as Sky not exactly a cash poor company - hey ho !!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 19:05 - Feb 17 with 1740 viewsLythamR

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 16:29 - Feb 17 by Northernr

It's definitely there. Just go on Sky Sports Football at 7pm and it should say 'match choice' in the corner of the screen. Worked fine last night, I think I watched a bit of every game at one point or another with the staggered kick offs.

finally popped up at 7 just as i was putting my card details into the web site
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 19:07 - Feb 17 with 1727 viewspaulparker

I don’t care how basic it is at least we don’t have to put up with that clunge Andy Hinchcliffe commentating

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 19:59 - Feb 17 with 1642 viewskernowhoop

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 19:07 - Feb 17 by paulparker

I don’t care how basic it is at least we don’t have to put up with that clunge Andy Hinchcliffe commentating

But whenever a player fails to score or makes a mistake, Andy Hinchcliffe explains to us what the player in question should have done.
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 21:00 - Feb 17 with 1594 viewsloftboy

No replays apart I quite enjoyed watching on the red button tonight.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 21:09 - Feb 17 with 1573 viewsLythamR

Is Sky red button any good ???? on 21:00 - Feb 17 by loftboy

No replays apart I quite enjoyed watching on the red button tonight.

yes much improved picture quality compared to earlier in the season

of course winning always helps
Is Sky red button any good ???? on 11:46 - Feb 18 with 1424 viewsPinnerPaul

Surely its all about the commentary though?

Now Nick London does get on my nerves, especially in regards to the ref, a few from last night

After a Brentford foul "We'll call that an advantage then" - Well yes Nick, that's why the ref signalled advantage!

Called out Toney for his number of fouls until Andy pointed out that Ball had committed the same number.

Moans about oppo 'standing' on free kicks, when we and every side does the same.

Praises us for 'game management' while castigating others, funny last night when he moaned about Seny being cautioned for timewasting until Andy suggested it was maybe because Seny had a drink before taking the free kick!

Having said all that, much rather listen to him and Andy than anyone else and he's certainly a lot calmer and more sensible than many club comms I've heard.

On balance its a keep up the good work Nick and Andy from me!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024