Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs Linked with New Job 22:19 - Apr 20 with 10466 viewsdaveB

It is the Sun so probably bollox

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14714069/mark-warburton-qpr-fa-exclusive
Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:23 - Apr 20 with 4557 viewscolinallcars

Hmm...I have a mate who reads the Sun and believes everything it prints. He'll be ringing me as soon as he gets his paper n the morning.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:26 - Apr 20 with 4482 viewsAntti_Heinola

that story makes a lot of sense though.

Absolutely gutted if that happens. Feel like we're on the verge of something here. I was thinking today that just about every manager we've had for the last 20 years would've wasted Chair and Willock, forcing them to play wide in a 4-4-2, and then binning them off.

What a massive ballache.

Bare bones.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:26 - Apr 20 with 4472 viewsNorthernr

Can't just have a nice night can we.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:26 - Apr 20 with 4454 viewsaston_hoop

Ah is that Earth I see? yes it is. back down to it.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:28 - Apr 20 with 4395 viewsbosh67

You would only hope that Mark sees the potential to take this team forward and build something special. They've made a lot of very good and clever decisions second half of this season and we look like a real force going forward next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:31 - Apr 20 with 4339 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:28 - Apr 20 by bosh67

You would only hope that Mark sees the potential to take this team forward and build something special. They've made a lot of very good and clever decisions second half of this season and we look like a real force going forward next season.

Yeah, but a poor start, and six games in the usual suspects will be out calling for his head. He might just think some job security is not a bad idea.

I don't believe a lot of the Sun, but this has a whiff of truth about it. Would be a tremendous shame. I think he's done an incredible job and the players clearly enjoy playing for him. Extraordinarily difficult to replace.

Bare bones.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:32 - Apr 20 with 4295 viewsLongsufferingR

Oh sht, that all sounds very credible. If he does end up leaving, I would be promoting from within (Eustace) to try and maintain as much continuity as possible.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:36 - Apr 20 with 4233 viewscolinallcars

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:32 - Apr 20 by LongsufferingR

Oh sht, that all sounds very credible. If he does end up leaving, I would be promoting from within (Eustace) to try and maintain as much continuity as possible.

Good shout.
Login to get fewer ads

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:41 - Apr 20 with 4136 viewsbosh67

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:31 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, but a poor start, and six games in the usual suspects will be out calling for his head. He might just think some job security is not a bad idea.

I don't believe a lot of the Sun, but this has a whiff of truth about it. Would be a tremendous shame. I think he's done an incredible job and the players clearly enjoy playing for him. Extraordinarily difficult to replace.

It's about what ambition he has to do things. Money is not a concern for Warburton. He doesn't need job security. He's worth an absolute fortune. He's allegedly wealthier than TF. The only concern is that his other skills would be well deployed at the FA. But if it is a true story you would hope that he may feel that he's building something here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:46 - Apr 20 with 4042 viewsqueensparker

FFS. Seems to have a lot of worrying detail for a Sun story. Back down to earth
Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:49 - Apr 20 with 3990 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:41 - Apr 20 by bosh67

It's about what ambition he has to do things. Money is not a concern for Warburton. He doesn't need job security. He's worth an absolute fortune. He's allegedly wealthier than TF. The only concern is that his other skills would be well deployed at the FA. But if it is a true story you would hope that he may feel that he's building something here.

Good points.
Just watched his interview tonight and he doesn't sound like a man about to leave.
Urgh. Finally feels like we have a bit of security and a bit of longevity in a smart, intelligent, level-headed, determined manager. Would be so gutted if it ended now.

Bare bones.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:52 - Apr 20 with 3935 viewsdaveB

believe it when i see it, i think if it was the under 21 job it would make more sense than the role he is linked with
Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:53 - Apr 20 with 3920 viewsdaveB

Dave Mc saying it's not true

[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 22:55]
Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:55 - Apr 20 with 3893 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:53 - Apr 20 by daveB

Reassuring.

Bare bones.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:04 - Apr 20 with 3794 viewskarl

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:41 - Apr 20 by bosh67

My tuppence worth.
He is supposed to be wealthy so the job security angle doesn't seem relevant but the angle I'm looking at is that it's an assistants role.
He's never really taken that type of role, in terms of success in football he's not had a lot other than at Brentford and that broke down through disagreement with 'interference' or disagreement with his ideas.
At Glasgow Rangers they won a cup for lower tier teams and promotion but wholly expected given their budget, did beat Celtic in their semi of Scottish Cup but again lost to underdogs in the final before a disagreement over bosses interfering with his management team.
Again leaving, seemingly quitting but grey area as he said they were sacked.
My point is that he's wealthy, fairly single minded in terms of his ideas and we give him the opportunity to show true success in terms of getting into the playoffs or better. Within the game I'm sure getting us to 8th is viewed as a big achievement but if we can genuinely give him the chance of promotion to the EPL then I'm not sure he would take this job.
He's got a bit of an ego and I don't see being 'Assistant Techinal Director' filling it tbh.
Of course QPR giving him the chance of getting promoted means we need to retain players or invest in others, to me the timing of this is significant.
I'm saying all this with my fingers crossed!
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:12 - Apr 20 with 3697 viewsozexile

Hats off to him. I wouldn't have minded if he'd have gone at Xmas. But he's doing a fantastic job.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 3693 viewsNorthernr

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:53 - Apr 20 by daveB

This would not be a good time for Dave to start being wrong.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:20 - Apr 20 with 3620 viewsHunterhoop

Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:04 - Apr 20 by karl

My tuppence worth.
He is supposed to be wealthy so the job security angle doesn't seem relevant but the angle I'm looking at is that it's an assistants role.
He's never really taken that type of role, in terms of success in football he's not had a lot other than at Brentford and that broke down through disagreement with 'interference' or disagreement with his ideas.
At Glasgow Rangers they won a cup for lower tier teams and promotion but wholly expected given their budget, did beat Celtic in their semi of Scottish Cup but again lost to underdogs in the final before a disagreement over bosses interfering with his management team.
Again leaving, seemingly quitting but grey area as he said they were sacked.
My point is that he's wealthy, fairly single minded in terms of his ideas and we give him the opportunity to show true success in terms of getting into the playoffs or better. Within the game I'm sure getting us to 8th is viewed as a big achievement but if we can genuinely give him the chance of promotion to the EPL then I'm not sure he would take this job.
He's got a bit of an ego and I don't see being 'Assistant Techinal Director' filling it tbh.
Of course QPR giving him the chance of getting promoted means we need to retain players or invest in others, to me the timing of this is significant.
I'm saying all this with my fingers crossed!

Good post. Makes a lot of sense.

Good point on the timing too. Not that I’d think badly of him, but you’ve made me wonder now whether Warburton’s agent leaked this to push the QPR owners to invest to give him a shot at the success and Premier League role he wants. Would be a huge feather in his cap and I’d bet he would love to pit himself against the big managerial names in a league with fewer fixtures.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:30 - Apr 20 with 3536 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Looks like a Sean Custice tombola article to me.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:31 - Apr 20 with 3530 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:20 - Apr 20 by Hunterhoop

Good post. Makes a lot of sense.

Good point on the timing too. Not that I’d think badly of him, but you’ve made me wonder now whether Warburton’s agent leaked this to push the QPR owners to invest to give him a shot at the success and Premier League role he wants. Would be a huge feather in his cap and I’d bet he would love to pit himself against the big managerial names in a league with fewer fixtures.

He’s on a rolling contract so might be a agent push.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:34 - Apr 20 with 3493 viewsBoston

Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:31 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

What does a bloke with real dosh care about an agent?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:38 - Apr 20 with 3476 viewskarl

Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:31 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Probably get an agent to do the whispering so he's not directly involved.

Edit.
I'm sure he's said these things to the club but it does put added pressure when in the press and when fans who are excited about current form keep the dialogue going
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 23:42]
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:41 - Apr 20 with 3450 viewsHunterhoop

Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:34 - Apr 20 by Boston

Why do rich people have accountants, solicitors, brokers, etc? To do work for them.

My earlier point wasn’t this could be a push from Warbs for a contract or more money, more that it might push the owners into investing in the playing squad to keep him in the face of this “risk”.

Either way, if it works, within reason, I wouldn’t be against a little bit of investment for next season as it could be as good a chance as any to go up. Loads of clubs struggling financially and potentially under embargoes, fines, or points deductions. Weak Prem teams coming down. Not the biggest clubs coming up. Wednesday and Derby hopefully dropping. Brentford hopefully losing Toney. Who’s to be scared of next season?
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:48 - Apr 20 with 3404 viewsPeterHucker

It's The Sun FFS. They just make stuff up.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 00:00 - Apr 21 with 3350 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:34 - Apr 20 by Boston

He’s loaded for a reason.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024