Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs Linked with New Job 22:19 - Apr 20 with 10493 viewsdaveB

It is the Sun so probably bollox

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14714069/mark-warburton-qpr-fa-exclusive
Warbs Linked with New Job on 13:50 - Apr 21 with 2081 viewsrsonist

Warbs Linked with New Job on 13:36 - Apr 21 by simmo

Dissuade me from what? My comment is that I don't believe he would be involved in this kind of tactic, but that it can still help strengthen his position, whether he wants it or not.

Couch yourself how you like but it's still perpetuating the idea that there is an ulterior endgame the strength of his position has a bearing on.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 14:01 - Apr 21 with 2031 viewsgolborne

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:18 - Apr 21 by daveB

Francis resigned a few weeks before he got the Spurs job

I have it on good authority that this was a stitch up. He was going to Spurs and they got to save themselves a few quid in the process. I guess, to a degree, he got to save face with the majority of fans, too. I hope it was that and it wasn't an extra few bob in his contract. Financially shrewd boy though
Warbs Linked with New Job on 14:13 - Apr 21 with 1972 viewsDannytheR

Yeah, the Gerry years were pretty glorious but let's not kid ourselves, he was always open to offers from bigger clubs and everyone knew he was off to Spurs as soon as he quit Rangers.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 14:22 - Apr 21 with 1931 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marsh and Thompson stitched him up, no doubt, but he was beginning to cop some flak from the fans over our performances and the Spurs job was good timing, at best!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warbs Linked with New Job on 14:37 - Apr 21 with 1877 viewsCamberleyR

Warbs Linked with New Job on 14:22 - Apr 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Marsh and Thompson stitched him up, no doubt, but he was beginning to cop some flak from the fans over our performances and the Spurs job was good timing, at best!

That's how I remember it too. Man City had just beaten us twice at home, in the league and league cup with our usual defeat at Carrow Rd sandwiched in-between. I think we may have been bottom three. We then played Villa at the weekend without Les (Dichio's debut) and I recall beforehand the crowd were restless but the win bought him some time. Then on the Monday, Marshgate unfolded.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 14:40 - Apr 21 with 1863 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warbs Linked with New Job on 14:37 - Apr 21 by CamberleyR

That's how I remember it too. Man City had just beaten us twice at home, in the league and league cup with our usual defeat at Carrow Rd sandwiched in-between. I think we may have been bottom three. We then played Villa at the weekend without Les (Dichio's debut) and I recall beforehand the crowd were restless but the win bought him some time. Then on the Monday, Marshgate unfolded.

Ya, that sounds very familiar now that you say it, Camberley.

I must dig out the old AKTUR's issues. Dave T asked me to write a piece about Francis's reign and departure.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warbs Linked with New Job on 14:40 - Apr 21 with 1864 viewsMatch82

Warbs Linked with New Job on 08:59 - Apr 21 by paulparker

If Warburton goes he goes
Decent coach yes but a good manager not for me , no coincidence that as soon as Austin & SJ come through the door we start looking like a team
Before that we couldn’t defend, we wasn’t vocal, we wouldn’t leave a foot in or play the dark arts
Warburtons teams in his year and a bit before displayed none of these traits , we were easy to play against, teams look forward to playing us , now all of a sudden it’s changed ? the QPR team from August 2019 to January 2021 are night and day now

"QPR team from August 2019 to January 2021 are night and day now"

Isn't this actually evidence of him being a good manager? Both teams were easy on the eye and successful relative to budget/spend/expectations. To do so in two such dramatically different styles is a positive IMO, despite the fact he gets a lot of stick for an off the cuff remark about a plan B five years ago, I'd struggle to name more than a handful of managers with a more varied approach than between the two versions of the team you mentioned
Warbs Linked with New Job on 15:03 - Apr 21 with 1808 viewssimmo

Warbs Linked with New Job on 13:50 - Apr 21 by rsonist

Couch yourself how you like but it's still perpetuating the idea that there is an ulterior endgame the strength of his position has a bearing on.

Couch myself? What the fck are you on about?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Warbs Linked with New Job on 15:15 - Apr 21 with 1759 viewskensalriser

Can still be found if you know where to look:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210420205615/ https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14714069/mark-warburton-qpr-fa-exclusive

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 15:35 - Apr 21 with 1719 viewsEsox_Lucius

Warbs Linked with New Job on 15:15 - Apr 21 by kensalriser

Can still be found if you know where to look:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210420205615/ https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14714069/mark-warburton-qpr-fa-exclusive

The S*n? FFS haven't you been paying attention?

The grass is always greener.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 16:24 - Apr 21 with 1600 viewsPinnerPaul

Warbs Linked with New Job on 07:52 - Apr 21 by CamberleyR

Cloughie had it right decades ago and it's still true

Good point, until the wonderful Mr Moore pointed out he was employed by the Sun, rather lost the argument there Mr Clough!
Warbs Linked with New Job on 16:41 - Apr 21 with 1566 viewsPinnerPaul

On MW, we're back to the same argument we've had before.

Those who think when its going badly its down to the manager and when its going well its down to the players!

Unfair - whoever the manager is and whoever is playing!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 16:41]
Warbs Linked with New Job on 20:07 - Apr 21 with 1421 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warbs Linked with New Job on 16:41 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

On MW, we're back to the same argument we've had before.

Those who think when its going badly its down to the manager and when its going well its down to the players!

Unfair - whoever the manager is and whoever is playing!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 16:41]

Sorry wrong thread!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 20:07]
Warbs Linked with New Job on 20:21 - Apr 21 with 1399 viewstraininvain

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:20 - Apr 21 by paulparker

Not a lot of great competition there Baz in all honesty but then that's been down to the board fcuking things up , the appointment of Mclaren was ludicrous then and now
look I do think Warburton has been decent for us and i do think he is a good coach but I'm not convinced of him as a manager ,people were asking for him to be sacked for good reason before Christmas even posters like DaveB & Ted had enough of him ( what does that tell you)
i will give him credit for the turnaround but imo a lot of that was down to Austin and SJ walking through the door i think Austin is a massive influence behind the scenes , its not a coincidence that we have improved greatly since they came, not just the results but the professionalism we are now showing on the pitch we are no longer a soft touch,
in all of the years ive seen a Warburton team they have not shown these characteristics and now all of a sudden they have, warburton is a stubborn man lets not forget
if he gets a new contract say a 2 year deal then fine , we poodle along selling players and picking up results , if he goes to the FA then fine , ( although i dont trust the board to get it right) but imo the club can move on without him

Johansen’s been a revelation and Austin’s had a big impact (possibly more on Dykes than his own contribution on the pitch) but I think you’re underestimating the importance of having patience with a group of players who had never played in this league/level up until this season.

Dykes, Dieng, Dickie and Willock have all found form the last few months after slow starts. Not surprising as it’s their first season in the Championship.

Johansen and Austin have helped but it’s much more than just those two.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 20:29 - Apr 21 with 1385 viewsSott

Warbs Linked with New Job on 14:40 - Apr 21 by Match82

"QPR team from August 2019 to January 2021 are night and day now"

Isn't this actually evidence of him being a good manager? Both teams were easy on the eye and successful relative to budget/spend/expectations. To do so in two such dramatically different styles is a positive IMO, despite the fact he gets a lot of stick for an off the cuff remark about a plan B five years ago, I'd struggle to name more than a handful of managers with a more varied approach than between the two versions of the team you mentioned

Fully agree,he arrived in a period of extreme financial constraints and has served up some of the best stuff we've seen for years.
Remember who else was in the running,we could well have ended up with Tim sherwood,no chance we'd be in our current position to put it politely!!
Warbs Linked with New Job on 20:47 - Apr 21 with 1343 viewsSuperhoop83

Meanwhile, in your super soaraway Sun:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14725158/qpr-mark-warburton-new-contract

LOL?

Suffering since 1978.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 20:59 - Apr 21 with 1324 viewsrsonist

Another great evening for former LFW housewives' fave Nigel Pearson I see.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 21:54 - Apr 21 with 1275 viewsaston_hoop

Warbs Linked with New Job on 20:47 - Apr 21 by Superhoop83

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14725158/qpr-mark-warburton-new-contract

LOL?

Thats a shame, suppose that means he isnt signing a new deal then and he deserves one.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:12 - Apr 21 with 1229 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warbs Linked with New Job on 20:59 - Apr 21 by rsonist

Another great evening for former LFW housewives' fave Nigel Pearson I see.

Indeed.
The 'i think we might need 54 points to stay up this year' brigade have also gone quiet too, now that 45 will probably be enough.

Bare bones.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:21 - Apr 21 with 1207 viewsGloryHunter

LOL?

Timothy Dieng? Who he?
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:23 - Apr 21 with 1141 viewsMaggsinho

LOL?

That’s quite a journey they’ve been on in the last 24 hours.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:58 - Apr 21 with 1101 viewsManinBlack

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:21 - Apr 21 by GloryHunter

Timothy Dieng? Who he?

The same Timothy Dieng that Sky reported was sent off at Middlesbrough.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 07:21 - Apr 22 with 987 viewshook_hoops

Warbs Linked with New Job on 22:21 - Apr 21 by GloryHunter

Timothy Dieng? Who he?

Timothy Dieng plays for Southend United last time I looked, I didn't realise we had signed him. Those boys at The Sun certainly know their stuff!
Warbs Linked with New Job on 07:32 - Apr 22 with 969 viewsCamberleyR

Timothy is Seny's middle name.

It's Timothée Dieng who plays for Southend.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:54 - Apr 22 with 796 viewsW7Ranger

LOL?

"Winger" Eberichi Eze??!! Jeeeeeeeeeeez.

And when you get to the bottom of that story you have the video/audio of Barton talking about QPR being his least favourite club as the fans didn't really take to him. Yet he goes on to say he went for financial reasons and not for carerr reasons. No wonder the fans didn't take to you, you utter prick!!

Then says he went on to Captain the Club to promotion (which he didn't!) and turned things around a bit in the end!!! F**king deluded!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024