Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs Linked with New Job 22:19 - Apr 20 with 10465 viewsdaveB

It is the Sun so probably bollox

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14714069/mark-warburton-qpr-fa-exclusive
Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:20 - Apr 21 with 1581 viewspaulparker

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:01 - Apr 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Where does he rank in the list of managers we’ve had since we went down in your opinion PP?

Not a lot of great competition there Baz in all honesty but then that's been down to the board fcuking things up , the appointment of Mclaren was ludicrous then and now
look I do think Warburton has been decent for us and i do think he is a good coach but I'm not convinced of him as a manager ,people were asking for him to be sacked for good reason before Christmas even posters like DaveB & Ted had enough of him ( what does that tell you)
i will give him credit for the turnaround but imo a lot of that was down to Austin and SJ walking through the door i think Austin is a massive influence behind the scenes , its not a coincidence that we have improved greatly since they came, not just the results but the professionalism we are now showing on the pitch we are no longer a soft touch,
in all of the years ive seen a Warburton team they have not shown these characteristics and now all of a sudden they have, warburton is a stubborn man lets not forget
if he gets a new contract say a 2 year deal then fine , we poodle along selling players and picking up results , if he goes to the FA then fine , ( although i dont trust the board to get it right) but imo the club can move on without him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:23 - Apr 21 with 1561 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warbs Linked with New Job on 08:59 - Apr 21 by paulparker

If Warburton goes he goes
Decent coach yes but a good manager not for me , no coincidence that as soon as Austin & SJ come through the door we start looking like a team
Before that we couldn’t defend, we wasn’t vocal, we wouldn’t leave a foot in or play the dark arts
Warburtons teams in his year and a bit before displayed none of these traits , we were easy to play against, teams look forward to playing us , now all of a sudden it’s changed ? the QPR team from August 2019 to January 2021 are night and day now

Funny how teams seem to get better when better players come in isn't it?
We'd actually kept more clean sheets than the previous season before January, so that's not correct about defending either.
He out thought Warnock at the weekend who has a bigger, more expensive squad with far greater resources than we do by the way.
the job he's done while losing Freeman, Luongo, Eze, BOS, Wells, Hall, Rangel, Hugill etc is excellent. there's no doubt we looked seriously troubled before Christmas, particularly at Hudd away which I thought was the real nadir, but even before SJ and CA came in it looked more like a confidence thing - we weren't playing that badly. Does he not deserve credit for getting them and utilising them and integrating them?
People talk a lot about the 4 signings, but Austin hasn't scored in our last 8 or 9 games, field has been in and out the side and De Wijs has barely played. It's nonsense to suggest it is just as simple as signing two players and sticking them in the team. If anythng, that proves how close we were to being a half decent side.

For once we have stability and a good, solid, determined, manager who has undeniably coached severa of our players into much better players - Chair, Eze, Willock, Barbet, Dickie (look at his improvement even from the start of this season). Our improvement has also come from the performances of Wallace, who everyone ha dwritten off except Warburton, a change in formation, the idea of two number 10s...

Bare bones.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:23 - Apr 21 with 1558 viewspaulparker

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:12 - Apr 21 by francisbowles

Some truth in what you say PP but being a good manager is managing your resources. Managing the four loan players into the squad as well as the team and facilitating a big improvement is demonstrating good management.

He now has 'tools in the box' that he didn't have before and he has shown that he can utilise them. Only one of the four started last night's match but two came on and helped to increase performance to get the win.

It is similar to Warnock and his recruitment and management of Hill, Derry, Mackie etc.

it will be an interesting summer , if we can keep these 2 and with some canny buys in the fullback position then we may have a chance
you could be right that Warburton needs experienced pros around him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:27 - Apr 21 with 1544 viewsWestbourneR

A good lot of us of here have known (even during the poor runs) that Warburton is the best manager we've had for a long time, probably only Warnock compares in the last 25 years - up to Gerry - so yeah it's critical we keep him.

He works on a small budget, develops, handles and improves young players, plays good football, seems liked and respected by the players and now critically (as this was a big question mark for me) has an eye for a player in the transfer market. Even Lyndon Dykes is looking like very shrewd business. And Willock, De Wijs... even Kane & Ball... have all proved excellent value for money.

To be fair though Johansen has been the real difference, which shows sometimes you have to pay for nice things.

Anyway, I'm glad lots of the fans on here are appreciating Warburton's qualities and want him to stay.

I think he loves the cut and thrust of coaching and competitive football too much to take the technical director role as this point in his career, although I do think he'd be a good fit for the job and I'm sure the money is good.

I'd be more worried if they offered him the England U21 job, then he might be tempted.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:29 - Apr 21 with 1523 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/club-statement-mark-warburton-200421/?fbcli

It's all bollox. Thank the lord for that. Carry on!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 1522 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:23 - Apr 21 by paulparker

it will be an interesting summer , if we can keep these 2 and with some canny buys in the fullback position then we may have a chance
you could be right that Warburton needs experienced pros around him

ALL managers need experienced pros around them.
Warnock builds his teams almost exclusively on experienced pros. That's his entire (successful) strategy.

Bare bones.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 1499 viewsrsonist

I'm sure he's very well off but not sure where we got the idea that MW has at least a quarter of a billion in his pocket.

Perhaps easy to forget that while he might be one of the older managers around in years he's young in terms of the job. A role like this might suit him well eventually but I'd be very surprised if he was driven enough to make the life change and sacrifices he did to voluntarily take a desk job after seven years. He still has his stubborn point to prove.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:34 - Apr 21 with 1492 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I get a totally unevidenced feeling that one way or another next season will be his last managing QPR in the Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:38 - Apr 21 with 1476 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:34 - Apr 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

I get a totally unevidenced feeling that one way or another next season will be his last managing QPR in the Championship.

well, obviously.
We'll be in the prem the year after

Or is that what you meant? ;)

Bare bones.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:45 - Apr 21 with 1447 viewsrsonist

If your only take on what the club are trying to build is a false binary between having a bash at promotion soon as or selling just to stay afloat in 16th then yeah I guess MW might come up short.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:46 - Apr 21 with 1442 viewsdmm

Warbs Linked with New Job on 10:07 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

As a rule, i never even click on sun links let alone buy that rag, but i did on this occasion. Feel like an idiot now. Will not do it again. Stupid boy.

Don't beat yourself up, Antii. I think most of us will have done the same. I did and, like you, I abhor that filthy rag.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 11:19 - Apr 21 with 1341 viewsJuzzie

The Sun's link now not available.

Is there any way these fkin' nothing-better-to-do-than-cause-trouble rags can be legally got at? The shit-stirring they cause is just ridiculous.

[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 11:20]
Warbs Linked with New Job on 11:48 - Apr 21 with 1270 viewssimmo

Warbs Linked with New Job on 23:20 - Apr 20 by Hunterhoop

Good post. Makes a lot of sense.

Good point on the timing too. Not that I’d think badly of him, but you’ve made me wonder now whether Warburton’s agent leaked this to push the QPR owners to invest to give him a shot at the success and Premier League role he wants. Would be a huge feather in his cap and I’d bet he would love to pit himself against the big managerial names in a league with fewer fixtures.

I said as much when I saw the story, I don't think Warburton would be that insidious to want to 'leak' this indirectly, but it certainly helps his position to gently remind the board that he's in demand elsewhere.

There's been some collective noise towards next season and ambition from Austin and Warburton himself - respectfully of course - and this puts a little more fuel on that fire. I think we're all agreed that Warbs isn't a man to waste additional resources and won't ask for more just for the sake of it, so discussions and decisions this summer will be very interesting.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:09 - Apr 21 with 1213 viewsdavman

So we all know El Tel was "pinched" from us at the height of his powers to go to some rural foreign outpost; is he the last manager to have been poached from us for actually being quite good?

My memory tells me that they've all been sacked; am I right?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:11 - Apr 21 with 1210 viewsJuzzie

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:09 - Apr 21 by davman

So we all know El Tel was "pinched" from us at the height of his powers to go to some rural foreign outpost; is he the last manager to have been poached from us for actually being quite good?

I think Gerry Francis left us to go to Spurs in the 90's?
Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:15 - Apr 21 with 1180 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:11 - Apr 21 by Juzzie

Well, technically, but he was pushed out by Thompson and Marsh. He wouldn't have gone otherwise. although, they are a really, really big super league big club!

Bare bones.

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:18 - Apr 21 with 1162 viewsdaveB

Francis resigned a few weeks before he got the Spurs job
Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:24 - Apr 21 with 1146 viewsflynnbo

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:09 - Apr 21 by davman

The Bald Eagle?
Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:28 - Apr 21 with 1123 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Was Don Howe leaving a mutual thing? I can’t remember him being sacked. Also Paulo Sousa was sacked but not because he wasn’t good enough and has gone on to have a good managerial career. Luigi di Canio left for personal reasons i think. Holloway too not really sacked because of his record and has had a decent career.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 12:29]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:33 - Apr 21 with 1091 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:28 - Apr 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

Was Don Howe leaving a mutual thing? I can’t remember him being sacked. Also Paulo Sousa was sacked but not because he wasn’t good enough and has gone on to have a good managerial career. Luigi di Canio left for personal reasons i think. Holloway too not really sacked because of his record and has had a decent career.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 12:29]

Howe was sacked as we wanted a younger manager. Incredibly harsh.

Holloway was put on gardening leave. So, sacked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:33 - Apr 21 with 1086 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:24 - Apr 21 by flynnbo

The Bald Eagle?

Good shout.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:37 - Apr 21 with 1063 viewsrsonist

Warbs Linked with New Job on 11:48 - Apr 21 by simmo

I said as much when I saw the story, I don't think Warburton would be that insidious to want to 'leak' this indirectly, but it certainly helps his position to gently remind the board that he's in demand elsewhere.

There's been some collective noise towards next season and ambition from Austin and Warburton himself - respectfully of course - and this puts a little more fuel on that fire. I think we're all agreed that Warbs isn't a man to waste additional resources and won't ask for more just for the sake of it, so discussions and decisions this summer will be very interesting.

I'm sure there's probably nothing I can say to dissuade you but I can't see how keeping this fanfic line going is constructive. Two weeks ago MW was at pains to correct the interpretation that his stating the obvious facts represented a challenge to the board .

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-qpr-owners-want-to-progress-but-ff

He has consistently proven he is well aware of the financial situation. What more is there he and Austin can leverage from the board under the present circumstances? The suggestion of challenge effectively implies that he suddenly wants the board to start breaking the rules.
Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:44 - Apr 21 with 1032 viewsCamberleyR

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:33 - Apr 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Very harshly treated, did a brilliant job after the chaos of Trevor Francis' reign. Although at the time Gerry was probably the hottest property outside the top division.

Ironically Don Howe in 1991 was younger than Warbs is now!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:45 - Apr 21 with 1027 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:33 - Apr 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Sacked for being a gobshite Brian!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warbs Linked with New Job on 13:36 - Apr 21 with 956 viewssimmo

Warbs Linked with New Job on 12:37 - Apr 21 by rsonist

I'm sure there's probably nothing I can say to dissuade you but I can't see how keeping this fanfic line going is constructive. Two weeks ago MW was at pains to correct the interpretation that his stating the obvious facts represented a challenge to the board .

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-qpr-owners-want-to-progress-but-ff

He has consistently proven he is well aware of the financial situation. What more is there he and Austin can leverage from the board under the present circumstances? The suggestion of challenge effectively implies that he suddenly wants the board to start breaking the rules.

Dissuade me from what? My comment is that I don't believe he would be involved in this kind of tactic, but that it can still help strengthen his position, whether he wants it or not.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024