Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed 18:32 - Jul 12 with 5843 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/sam-mccallum-joins-qpr-on-loan-120721/

[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 18:33]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 18:39 - Jul 12 with 4219 viewsGloryHunter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_McCallum

Norwich paid £3.5 million for him?
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 18:44 - Jul 12 with 4168 views80s_Boy

Always good to have competion for places 👍
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 18:46 - Jul 12 with 4155 viewsgazza1

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 18:44 - Jul 12 by 80s_Boy

Always good to have competion for places 👍

That must mean the end of Niko if this guy is a left footed defender........MW cant rate him.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 18:48 - Jul 12 with 4131 viewsPeterS

Nikko to go out on loan?
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 18:54 - Jul 12 with 4074 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Looks like an excellent signing. Just need the other side sorted now.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:02 - Jul 12 with 4003 viewsMaggsinho

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 18:54 - Jul 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Looks like an excellent signing. Just need the other side sorted now.

I’ll be surprised if we don’t sign Odubajo.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:02 - Jul 12 with 3997 viewsbosh67

Yes I get the feeling that Niko's days are numbered. He's still got 3+ years of his contract to run so I am guessing unless we terminate it, like we usually do that he'll be worth a few quid somewhere if he does go.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:07 - Jul 12 with 3943 viewsMick_S

We are a massive club. I knew it - good lad.👍

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:25 - Jul 12 with 3813 viewsstevec

This is all going rather well. Just need to fill that hole in the middle.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:26 - Jul 12 with 3794 viewsHayesender

I'll be honest, when I read earlier we were interested in a loan signing from Norwich, I thought Hugill might be on his way back

Poll: Shamima Beghum

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:28 - Jul 12 with 3784 viewsed_83

Seems like a decent signing - young, hungry, highly-rated by a lot of big clubs when he moved to Norwich, plenty of Championship experience. Hope he tears things up.

Slightly disappointing that we don’t have an option to buy, and in an ideal world you’d hope to develop our own young players rather than Norwich’s, but it’s clear that Niko isn’t at Championship level yet and we obviously couldn’t get Cox in for a reasonable price, so this seems like the next best thing.This way we can strengthen the squad, hopefully get Niko sold or out on loan in League 1, and then go back into the market for a permanent LWB next summer.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:34 - Jul 12 with 3735 viewsQPR_John

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:28 - Jul 12 by ed_83

Seems like a decent signing - young, hungry, highly-rated by a lot of big clubs when he moved to Norwich, plenty of Championship experience. Hope he tears things up.

Slightly disappointing that we don’t have an option to buy, and in an ideal world you’d hope to develop our own young players rather than Norwich’s, but it’s clear that Niko isn’t at Championship level yet and we obviously couldn’t get Cox in for a reasonable price, so this seems like the next best thing.This way we can strengthen the squad, hopefully get Niko sold or out on loan in League 1, and then go back into the market for a permanent LWB next summer.

I imagine Norwich are thinking they would want him back if relegated. We might have a chance if they say up
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:37 - Jul 12 with 3712 viewsDWQPR

We buy him next summer when we pass Norwich on our way up if he is any good. Always feel that a player can look far better with a different manager and Warburton has got the history of developing players or finding players that suit his style of play. And he will certainly learn off Wallace.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:38 - Jul 12 with 3687 viewsted_hendrix

Certainly seem to be doing our business quickly so nobody can complain can they?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:47 - Jul 12 with 3646 viewsdmm

Agree with all that's been said about McCallum. It's another impressive loan window. A big well done to all those involved in recruitment.

There'll be one or two more I'm sure and I'm holding out in hope for Scarlett's brother.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 20:03 - Jul 12 with 3542 viewsrsonist

Exciting signing. Ticks all the boxes for our game, bit of experience but prime for a change/stepping up to Warbsball (tongue in cheek) (but not really).

Also has a long throw on him for Dykes to attack, if Warbs will deign to consider it. Some talk on the Cov forum suggests he was half decent filling in on the right side too.

Downside is it's a loan that's unlikely to go much further in our favour, unless we pass Norwich on the way up and chuck them £15m or whatever. There's been a hostility to loans on here before ("dead money" etc) but now our foundations are more solid and we don't have to rely on them just to survive there's loads of talent around to make good use of judiciously.

The prospective Little George Cox signing felt to me like it carried a lot of risk for the investment too so I'm not mad at this as the other option.

Add Johansen to this and even I might get horny.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 20:16 - Jul 12 with 3467 viewsrsonist

Just watched the interview, very likeable lad indeed. Any footballer that says "I'm just excited to be a footballer really" is alright by me.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 20:22 - Jul 12 with 3436 viewsStanisgod

Queens Park Forest 😀😀

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 20:46 - Jul 12 with 3305 viewsCiderwithRsie

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:38 - Jul 12 by ted_hendrix

Certainly seem to be doing our business quickly so nobody can complain can they?

"nobody can complain"? "nobody can complain"???? About the transfer window?????

You are f*cking kidding, aren't you?

Seriously, looks bloody good signing, very pleased with this.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 21:31 - Jul 12 with 3057 viewsLazyFan

We have to admire the way the club has recruited players. I had high hopes for Niko, but he's not really a defender is he? Might one day be a winger, let's hope they can coach that into him.

This left us with no cover for Wallace, now with this signing, we have a cover. All the signings have been decent, With a CB on the way too, we really are putting a strong squad together.

I doubted Austin would come and have been proven wrong.
Just need a replacement RB for Todd Kane and JoJo them we should be set.

If that all happens, I think we are looking at a decent top 6 challenge. High hopes indeed!

zzzzzzzzzz

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 22:18 - Jul 12 with 2862 viewsAntti_Heinola

oh god, i'm getting excited now. That's never good.

Bare bones.

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 22:21 - Jul 12 with 2850 viewsaston_hoop

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 19:26 - Jul 12 by Hayesender

I'll be honest, when I read earlier we were interested in a loan signing from Norwich, I thought Hugill might be on his way back

Hugill does still love us at least it seems

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 00:43 - Jul 13 with 2524 viewsDavieQPR

Might have a chance to sign him later. He must be a bit put out by the fact Norwich signed him and then sent him back to where he came from for 18 months them immediately chucked him out on loan again.
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 01:30 - Jul 13 with 2473 viewsrsonist

McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 00:43 - Jul 13 by DavieQPR

Might have a chance to sign him later. He must be a bit put out by the fact Norwich signed him and then sent him back to where he came from for 18 months them immediately chucked him out on loan again.

Very much doubt he feels that way. He's come up quickly through non-league and was always signed as one for the future, plus Norwich have been alternating divisions the whole time anyway. He's frank about it too:

https://theathletic.co.uk/2391610/2021/02/17/sam-mccallum-my-dad-does-all-my-sta

“I felt that Luton game was more a gauge to see how I’d do with the new set-up and how I’d deal with it all. It was another learning curve for me and I just felt I needed more game time and a bit more confidence. I enjoyed the game but I knew after that I needed to improve on certain aspects of my game. [...] "It helped me a lot to understand what the club wanted from me and maybe that I wasn’t at the level they wanted me to be at, at that time. [...] “I’m just trying to get all the game time I can, that’s all the boss at Norwich wants me to do” . I speak to Neil Adams (Norwich’s loans manager) after every game and he said I’ve improved so much over the course of the season."
McCallum Loan Signing Confirmed on 09:06 - Jul 13 with 2006 viewsbosh67

Just watched the video. What a great lad. Really grounded and great attitude.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024