Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
any more new players? 08:12 - Aug 3 with 5045 viewsconnell10

Or is that it? I personally think thats it now and i think we have done very well!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

any more new players? on 08:28 - Aug 3 with 3380 viewsdmm

Warburton says he prefers a smaller squad of 22 and I think he's probably at that number now.

Two possible issues are Field's injury ruling him out until November made worse by Amos not yet fit. I can see Bettache being included in the squad.

The other is Warburton has hinted at a 4th striker which would be good. However, if needed, we can recall Bonne in January.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 8:29]
any more new players? on 08:36 - Aug 3 with 3347 viewsMyke

I agree on both counts. The only thing that my change that is if we pick up another long(ish) term injury before the window closes and may have to bring in a loan replacement. Other than that I think it will be out-goings either on a permanent (Kane/Niko?) or loan (Masterson + a few kids) basis
any more new players? on 08:44 - Aug 3 with 3323 viewscaliforniahoop

Greedy I know but another CF and at a push, DM, completes this squad
any more new players? on 08:48 - Aug 3 with 3306 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think we are pretty much done too barring injuries.

Maybe a loan or two. I'm stoked we got all 4 targets and a few I wasn't expecting.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

any more new players? on 09:41 - Aug 3 with 3196 viewsAntti_Heinola

any more new players? on 08:44 - Aug 3 by californiahoop

Greedy I know but another CF and at a push, DM, completes this squad

if Warbs felt we needed another striker, Bonne wouldn't have gone out on loan.

Bare bones.

any more new players? on 09:51 - Aug 3 with 3160 viewssdm1508

any more new players? on 09:41 - Aug 3 by Antti_Heinola

if Warbs felt we needed another striker, Bonne wouldn't have gone out on loan.

Didn't he say though that Bonne wanted to play regularly and the fact is he won't get in ahead of Austin and Dykes, so he has gone out on loan to get games.

We could still get a 4th striker who will accept that he is going to be cover for the two main strikers and maybe come on when we are chasing a goal or to cover for injuries
any more new players? on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 3137 viewsQPROslo

Warburton has said we are done other than replacing any leavers. If we can bring in anyone I think the priority should be a replacement of Field, someone who can also fill in at CB, particularly if Masterson goes on loan again. Alternately perhaps we should keep Masterson until January when hopefully Field is back match fit and playing again.
any more new players? on 11:01 - Aug 3 with 2995 viewsenfieldargh

any more new players? on 09:58 - Aug 3 by QPROslo

Warburton has said we are done other than replacing any leavers. If we can bring in anyone I think the priority should be a replacement of Field, someone who can also fill in at CB, particularly if Masterson goes on loan again. Alternately perhaps we should keep Masterson until January when hopefully Field is back match fit and playing again.

Hopefully no major leavers

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

any more new players? on 13:46 - Aug 3 with 2781 viewsgazza1

I would suggest Bonne is out on loan because he saw he was No3 striker at best and that Ipswich are offering him a weekly position in the starting 11......good business on three fronts, financial, opportunities for others in the squad and for Bonne himself.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 13:47]
any more new players? on 14:30 - Aug 3 with 2663 viewsAntti_Heinola

any more new players? on 09:51 - Aug 3 by sdm1508

Didn't he say though that Bonne wanted to play regularly and the fact is he won't get in ahead of Austin and Dykes, so he has gone out on loan to get games.

We could still get a 4th striker who will accept that he is going to be cover for the two main strikers and maybe come on when we are chasing a goal or to cover for injuries

Bonne may have been keen to go, but that's a different thing. Warbs likes a small squad. We won't be signing another striker.

Bare bones.

any more new players? on 15:50 - Aug 3 with 2560 viewsterryb

any more new players? on 13:46 - Aug 3 by gazza1

I would suggest Bonne is out on loan because he saw he was No3 striker at best and that Ipswich are offering him a weekly position in the starting 11......good business on three fronts, financial, opportunities for others in the squad and for Bonne himself.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 13:47]

I think Bonne may struggle to be a starter at Ipswich.

I believe there are four competing for the front one or two positions.
any more new players? on 15:55 - Aug 3 with 2546 viewssaxbend

Well I'm very happy with what we have. Already there are 13 players I don't want to leave out of the starting lineup.
any more new players? on 20:48 - Aug 3 with 2335 viewsgazza1

any more new players? on 15:50 - Aug 3 by terryb

If that is the case as you say.....why would he move??
any more new players? on 21:04 - Aug 3 with 2287 viewsCiderwithRsie

any more new players? on 15:50 - Aug 3 by terryb

Still, I'm pretty sure Gazza is right on what the logic of the move was, it just seems Ipswich have got more options than expected.

It's a pity from our POV - we really need Bonne to be playing with a view to either him coming back and challenging for a place or of Ipswich making an offer for a permanent move so we can recoup some/all of his fee. If he's going to sit on the bench there it's the worst of all worlds
any more new players? on 21:18 - Aug 3 with 2241 viewsgazza1

I, actually, believe that strikers could be our weakest link.....
any more new players? on 21:26 - Aug 3 with 2190 viewsLazyFan

We have 4 forwards already ...

Austin
Dykes
Kelman
Willock

Hence the Bonne loan. I am guessing he is no longer needed and we need to put him in the shop window to sell him.

If we sign anyone now it will either be some amazing lucky signing or it will more likely be one for the future, a young and hungry one like Willock. Probably at the end of the transfer window when everyone else has missed him and we can nip in, snatch him up for much cheapness.

Guessing again, but I would not be surprised if we go back in for that LB we missed out on and at the same offered amount to test their resolve again.

zzzzzzzzzz

any more new players? on 21:33 - Aug 3 with 2168 viewsHAYESBOY

If we were to be really greedy I would say another number 9 type striker.

IMO Willock is a number 10 if pushed up.
Kelman I would say is not ready from what I have seen.

Really happy though with out transfers this summer.
Think Warburton's only decision is, does he start with two up top and can he play Chair and Willock as part of a middle 3 or is it one up top and have two centre midfielders to let Chair and Willock have more freedom to push forward as a pair and be more creative rather than chase back the other way.

For me, I like the look of one up top with Chair and Willock to have more freedom.

Smells like a trout farm in here

any more new players? on 21:43 - Aug 3 with 2155 viewsgazza1

We have one striker who we know scores goals.....CA, but will he stay fit.
We have one striker (Dykes) that was pretty poor most of last season but improved in the latter part of the season......will he continue in that vein - big question!!
Willock is not a striker.
Kelman is an unknown but certainly not ready to start too often.

I leave it to others to decide.
any more new players? on 09:12 - Aug 4 with 1924 viewscaliforniahoop

any more new players? on 21:43 - Aug 3 by gazza1

We have one striker who we know scores goals.....CA, but will he stay fit.
We have one striker (Dykes) that was pretty poor most of last season but improved in the latter part of the season......will he continue in that vein - big question!!
Willock is not a striker.
Kelman is an unknown but certainly not ready to start too often.

I leave it to others to decide.

Yep
any more new players? on 09:39 - Aug 4 with 1883 viewsAntti_Heinola

any more new players? on 21:33 - Aug 3 by HAYESBOY

If we were to be really greedy I would say another number 9 type striker.

IMO Willock is a number 10 if pushed up.
Kelman I would say is not ready from what I have seen.

Really happy though with out transfers this summer.
Think Warburton's only decision is, does he start with two up top and can he play Chair and Willock as part of a middle 3 or is it one up top and have two centre midfielders to let Chair and Willock have more freedom to push forward as a pair and be more creative rather than chase back the other way.

For me, I like the look of one up top with Chair and Willock to have more freedom.

I think we'll see different combinations.

He'll try and play all four of them when he can with Stef behind, but at other times, it'll be Austin or Dykes, or both, with one of Willock and Chair dropping out.

Plus, there will be stuff we won't be able to predict now as things evolve, as they do every season!

People already saying 'Kelman's not ready' based on fairly flimsy and brief evidence, and they may be right. But 11 months ago this board was awash with people proclaiming Willock was 'lightweight', and even in January some thought he wasn't good enough.

There will be surprises - expect to see some signings not work out as we want them to, and hopefully some players defy expectations in the right way too.

Bare bones.

any more new players? on 10:17 - Aug 4 with 1854 viewsBazzeR

MW has spoken about not being predictable in his formations but for me certain players can look better in different forward formations.

Don’t know if the formation of 2 1 2 changes the mindset or style of play of both Charlie and Lyndon.
Lyndon appears for me to win more balls in the air and is much more involved when 1 2 2 or 1 3 1 than in a 2 1 2 with Charlie.

I tend to agree we could be short of another striker but it’s possible if we are amongst the pace setters around the new year another could be brought in on loan.
any more new players? on 10:21 - Aug 4 with 1847 viewsderbyhoop

It is (the fitness of) the strikeforce that is the biggest risk. Kelman hasnt convinced - as yet. But there are debates about whether we will play 1 or 2 up front. If 2, we look short of cover.

But I cannot see us adding anybody else.
We might end up seeing cameos from Ramkilde (who or where is he?), Armstrong, Adarkwa, who's been prolific in pre season. An outside chance of Charley
Kendall, who was the great hope of 2 years ago.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

any more new players? on 10:43 - Aug 4 with 1821 viewsterryb

any more new players? on 20:48 - Aug 3 by gazza1

If that is the case as you say.....why would he move??

Why would he move?

1) He is an Ipswich boy

2) His chances of playing any minutes are far higher at Ipswich than at Rangers.

3) He is competeing for places in the starting team. He might get the vote, but that is not definite. At Rangers he would be competeing for a place on the bench & that would not be definite.

4) Perhaps he is not happy with life at Rangers?

5) Chaplin had not been signed when Bonne was.

6) There are very few times when a player on loan are guarenteed a starting position. We've had many that have hardly played.
any more new players? on 10:49 - Aug 4 with 1814 viewsMedwayR

I can't see any need for new players, we're well covered in all areas. If we were being picky maybe a pacy left-footed winger/attacking midfielder as I suspect we'll mostly play a 3-4-3 with Thomas the only cover for Chair & Willock.

Poll: Who’s better?

any more new players? on 11:01 - Aug 4 with 1795 viewsEsox_Lucius

The #19 shirt is up for grabs.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024