Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International Break 14:17 - Aug 27 with 2754 viewsdavman

So depressing that we have one coming up and so depressing that, after Dykes being out for a couple of games with "illness", Scotchland have THREE games Weds (Denmark(a)), Sat (Moldova (h)) and Tuesday (Austria(a)) - wonder how many minutes Clarke will thrash him for?

Still, we can console ourselves watching the mighty England testing themselves against Hungary (a), ANDORRA (h) and Poland (a) - what a bloody joy; can't wait.

What a waste of time.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

International Break on 14:34 - Aug 27 with 2353 viewsdaveB

The England games against Hungary and Poland should be good, both away games and quite tricky given how early it is in the season. They have to play them at some stage of the season
International Break on 14:38 - Aug 27 with 2338 viewsterryb

It may be that the international break is coming at a good time for us.

Two weeks for recovery time from our injuries & illness can only be to our benefit.
International Break on 14:38 - Aug 27 with 2338 viewsLogman

Agree with the OP. I shall be giving football a very wide berth after tomorrow until we next play. Despite our fortunes in the European Championships I feel no allegiance to the national team.
International Break on 14:42 - Aug 27 with 2324 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Imagine when we begged for the International break to help QPR sort out the issues at the back etc ,now we are angry its disrupting the brilliant start to the season .Its a magical turn around.
Speaking of magic no hope we can buy Ronaldo at 5000k perweek I suppose holy fcuk what a wage
International Break on 14:59 - Aug 27 with 2257 viewsBrianMcCarthy

International Break on 14:38 - Aug 27 by terryb

Two weeks for recovery time from our injuries & illness can only be to our benefit.

Agreed. Very timely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

International Break on 15:24 - Aug 27 with 2176 viewsQPROslo

Are Denmark and Austria "Green" in the UK? I've read some PL, EFL and La Liga Clubs are not releasing their players to go to "Red" Countries and Quarantine on return.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 15:25]
International Break on 15:24 - Aug 27 with 2174 viewsDavieQPR

Seems a bit stupid flying out to Hungary then back home for a couple of days then flying out again just down the road.
International Break on 15:27 - Aug 27 with 2154 viewsNorthernr

I did wonder (actually I didn't, I knew the answer) whether "ooooh sorry we've got to have three internationals in the breaks now because the pandemic has shortened the season" would turn into "oh we're just having three internationals every break now because you've shown you can do it before and it'll make us more money".
Login to get fewer ads

International Break on 15:56 - Aug 27 with 2075 viewsMyke

Is Dieng away somewhere?
International Break on 16:43 - Aug 27 with 1946 viewsCroydonCaptJack

International Break on 14:38 - Aug 27 by Logman

Agree with the OP. I shall be giving football a very wide berth after tomorrow until we next play. Despite our fortunes in the European Championships I feel no allegiance to the national team.

Each to their own.
It reignited my interest doing so well. Could easily have won it but I won't start that again.
International Break on 12:36 - Aug 29 with 1584 viewsfrancisbowles

After three games in eight days and the promise of similar patterns in the weeks after the break, I am quite happy to have a rest. In other years, I would even use some of the breaks to get away somewhere overseas, in fact we are going to Cheltenham for a few days to see some of the local villages and hope to take in their match on the Saturday.

We will watch the England matches on the box and will look out for the highlights of the others but I wouldn't ever think about going to Wembley or away to see them.

We are going into the break on a high and have completed the introduction to the season very well. Hopefully we can build on it in the months to come.
International Break on 12:57 - Aug 29 with 1515 viewsstevec

Are we actually having an international break in November to play Albania and San Marino?
International Break on 13:41 - Aug 29 with 1442 viewsDylanP

Warbs seemed to think that the international break was ideal for the squad. His point was we need the time off to recover our energy levels after the bug thats been around the squad

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

International Break on 14:47 - Aug 29 with 1370 viewsnix

Given that he's only been playing less than thirty minutes for us, I wonder if we can insist he doesn't play three full matches for Scotland? There's no way he would be playing three full matches for us, even if there wasn't an international break.
International Break on 15:02 - Aug 29 with 1334 viewsHAYESBOY

Would hope as well by the next game we will have a third striker in, with pace.

If its Gray, I wouldn't be disappointed. Gives us a different option.

Smells like a trout farm in here

International Break on 15:23 - Aug 29 with 1294 viewsCiderwithRsie

International Break on 14:38 - Aug 27 by terryb

Absolutely, but I wish Dykes wasn't flying to Denmark to play on Wednesday, then back to Scotland for Moldova on the Saturday, then off to Austria in time for Tuesday evening, getting back to us presumably Thursday morning or something before Reading away. Does he get air miles?

Thank God we're not shoving him on the team coach to Blackpool or Preston, we've just got the bastard M4 roadworks to deal with.

Which is my way of saying I expect Charlie to start vs the fakes.
International Break on 19:22 - Aug 29 with 1159 viewsdaveB

International Break on 15:27 - Aug 27 by Northernr

I did wonder (actually I didn't, I knew the answer) whether "ooooh sorry we've got to have three internationals in the breaks now because the pandemic has shortened the season" would turn into "oh we're just having three internationals every break now because you've shown you can do it before and it'll make us more money".

I think this is only happening to get all the world cup qualifiers done in time, for various reasons they usually have 2 years for qualifiers but they have been condensed into a 10 month period this year so extra games are needed

It will be interesting to see what they do post the 2022 world cup, if it's still 3 games each break then there would be no excuse for that
International Break on 19:58 - Aug 29 with 1115 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who are our Internationals by the way?

Dykes: Scotland
Kakay: Sierra Leone
Dieng: Senegal
Chair: Morocco
Duke McKenna: Guyana

anyone I’ve missed? Feels like I’m missing someone obvious.
International Break on 20:01 - Aug 29 with 1110 viewsNorthernr

International Break on 19:58 - Aug 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I believe Senegal got a pretty easy AFCON group as well so he'll be sitting on the bench out there for a long while through January.
International Break on 20:05 - Aug 29 with 1102 viewsaston_hoop

International Break on 19:58 - Aug 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

George Thomas - Wales
Todd Kane - Brazil

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

International Break on 20:33 - Aug 29 with 1062 viewsMaggsinho

International Break on 20:01 - Aug 29 by Northernr

I believe Senegal got a pretty easy AFCON group as well so he'll be sitting on the bench out there for a long while through January.

Zimbabwe, Guinea and Malawi
International Break on 20:35 - Aug 29 with 1056 viewsNorthernr

International Break on 20:33 - Aug 29 by Maggsinho

Yeh I'd fancy Grimsby to get out of that group.
International Break on 20:41 - Aug 29 with 1039 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

International Break on 20:33 - Aug 29 by Maggsinho

I wonder if Mac Bonne will play for Zimbabwe.
International Break on 20:49 - Aug 29 with 1023 viewsaston_hoop

If Chair makes the Morocco squad, they've got Ghana, Comoros and Gabon so you'd think he'll not be on an early flight home either

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

International Break on 22:13 - Aug 29 with 933 viewsJamesB1979

Think Dykes can just run and run so not that bothered about him
having a few games. He looks like he’s in confident mood. Chair hasn’t played too much and could do with a game. Barbet, Dickie, Johansen, Austin, Willock….I think this break has come at just the right time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024