Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… 12:06 - Sep 1 with 1825 viewsSnipper

………… then we’ve had it.

1. All four loan players signed up permanently.

2. Young fringe players loaned out to get much needed experience.

3. A proven Championship striker brought in who desperately needs a new start and who’ll be keen to do well for a manager he likes and respects.

4. Keeping all our good players at the club after our great start to the season.

Yep, we’ve had a fantastic transfer window. Well done to the club. 👏👏👏
If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 12:12 - Sep 1 with 1798 viewsBerkoRanger

Amen to that, Snipper.
If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 12:18 - Sep 1 with 1752 viewsnumptydumpty

Obviously realising this is the season where we got realistic hopes getting top six and got lots decent players buying into it.

Well done to all involved

Am genuinely hopeful of a very decent season but coupled with everyday realism of being a rangers fan

But best chance of decent season since the taraabt promotion season.

Feel it's our best team and squad since those heady days.

Strange feeling not just hoping avoid relegation first.

Definitely all good !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 13:16 - Sep 1 with 1588 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

All this and we’re 3rd in the league, unbeaten and in the 3rd round of the cup.

What have they done with my club?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 13:19 - Sep 1 with 1574 viewsdade_murphy

Hope Les gets the plaudits he deserves. MW establishing clarity in what was needed for the squad is essential of course. Not to mention the wider recruitment team.

But he’s kept fees low, shown tenacity and patience in the trickier negotiations (johansen), as well as persuasion towards those stepping down a level (Dunne, Gray). Never mind securing loans for all younger players, and departures for *everyone* (even Kane, hamalainen) To have not one bit of deadwood in the squad given Covid’s effect on the market, with our club history... astonishingly good work.

Clearly become a top drawer dof at this level.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 13:20]
If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 13:46 - Sep 1 with 1505 viewsDavieQPR

Bit of realism though. We did miss out on Messi and Ronaldo.
If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 13:59 - Sep 1 with 1467 viewsstowmarketrange

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 13:46 - Sep 1 by DavieQPR

You mean they missed out on us.
If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 14:13 - Sep 1 with 1428 viewsJuzzie

2021 has been a great calendar year for us so far.

I really want a club that i can be proud of again after the whole Paladini/Briatore etc era and just enjoy watching the games and the games themselves be enjoyable.

Maybe its me but I don’t (and never really have) subscribed to this whole ‘results business’, ‘promotion is a must’ etc culture. For a club like ours it’s unrealistic and too draining to expect that 'cos we're highly unlikely to achieve those on a regular basis.

Of course I want us to be successful and maybe even make a decent fist of being in the PL in the near future but it all has to be realistic and done realistically otherwise we’ll just be back in the financial sh**t again.
Let other clubs chase the gold pot at the end of the rainbow and go bust in the process (though I don’t actually want that to happen but you get what I mean). Meanwhile, let’s just have some fun.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 15:03]
If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 14:55 - Sep 1 with 1317 viewsrobith

The club has done absolute bits off the pitch.

On the pitch the easy on the easy football is increasingly being matched by a steely reserve amongst a tight knit group of players.

Warburton's tenure is the most I'd enjoyed coming to Rangers since Warncok & Adel
Login to get fewer ads

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 15:15 - Sep 1 with 1261 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pretty disgusted we missed out on Louis Longstaff, tbh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 18:09 - Sep 1 with 1083 viewshantssi

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 15:15 - Sep 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Pretty disgusted we missed out on Louis Longstaff, tbh.

Or Dick Smallwood 😜
If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 18:17 - Sep 1 with 1057 viewsfrancisbowles

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 18:09 - Sep 1 by hantssi

Or Dick Smallwood 😜

Who needs Dick Smallwood when we got BFD😊
If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 18:46 - Sep 1 with 995 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 13:46 - Sep 1 by DavieQPR

At Messi and Ronaldo’s age, you need game time. I can understand why neither came when Uncle has pretty much nailed down the ‘older experienced guy to come on to pull the strings if needed’ role.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 19:07 - Sep 1 with 951 viewskensalriser

I disagree, I think we've done far better than a pint of weak fizzy piss.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

If Carlsberg did transfer windows……… on 19:22 - Sep 1 with 931 viewsed_83

What’s been most pleasing for me about our transfer activity has been the clarity of our strategy: find value in players with patchy injury records, but invest in bespoke medical care to manage those issues; take a punt on unproven prospects, but get them the right loans to develop, and give them a route into the first team after that; develop players and sell them on, but only when it represents good value for the club; place a real emphasis on integrity and professionalism so that players know what’s expected of them, and that if they fall short there’ll be consequences.

Genuinely feels like we know what we’re doing, have a clear set of goals and are working towards them methodically. Wherever we end up this season, LF / LH / MW deserve huge credit for rebuilding those foundations and finding an approach that works.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024