Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we go up? 07:24 - Dec 1 with 4235 viewsjc_hoops

I would say that Fulham are looking good for an automatic promotion, and I was just wondering if we to did make it into the Prem and Brentford never got relegated, when was the last time us, Brentford, Chelsea and Fulham were all in the same division, let alone the top division?
Should we go up? on 07:44 - Dec 1 with 3301 viewsloftus77

Without checking...I would venture that it has never happened.
Should we go up? on 07:49 - Dec 1 with 3278 viewsRs_Holy

it has to be never JC... QPR only made it to the then First Division in the late 60's (before then we spent the vast majority of seasons in either the 3rd or 4th Division). Brentford were only in the top flight late 30's to late 40's before returning this year.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 7:51]
Should we go up? on 08:04 - Dec 1 with 3209 viewsozranger

Should we go up? on 07:49 - Dec 1 by Rs_Holy

it has to be never JC... QPR only made it to the then First Division in the late 60's (before then we spent the vast majority of seasons in either the 3rd or 4th Division). Brentford were only in the top flight late 30's to late 40's before returning this year.

The 43-44 season, during the War appears the last time all four were in the same Division. As the proper League was suspended, all London teams plus some from nearby (Aldershot, Southampton, Reading, Brighton and Portsmouth) was the Football League South. We also played Luton that season, but only in the League South Cup and not in the League itself.

Strangely, Chelsea did not participate in the 1944-45 competition, or at least we did not play them that season. After the 44-45 season, clubs returned to their previous Divisions, for us that was the Division Three South until we were promoted after the 47/48 season.
Should we go up? on 08:13 - Dec 1 with 3167 viewsstevec

If we did manage to go up with Fulham, that could make 8 London teams and over half the league within 70 miles of the Capital.
Should we go up? on 09:28 - Dec 1 with 2973 viewsW7Ranger

I'd thought about this a few weeks back, but I daren't raise it on here for jinxing it.

Yes if we and Fulham go up, and Brentford stay (all very possible), it will be the first time all 4 West (SOUTH West) London teams will be in the top flight.

I bet there's never been a more likely chance that this.

And for the northern teams will probably suit them. The more London teams in the Prem, the less likely a London team winning the title. All these London Derby games are bound to cause a few upsets and shared points, which will only benefit the teams ooop north.
Should we go up? on 09:56 - Dec 1 with 2897 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Should we go up? on 08:13 - Dec 1 by stevec

If we did manage to go up with Fulham, that could make 8 London teams and over half the league within 70 miles of the Capital.

Eight? I count nine.

Arsenal, ‘ammers, Brentford, Chelsea, Fulham, QPR, Palace, Spurs, and United!

Might just be 10 with Liverpool.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 14:21]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Should we go up? on 10:09 - Dec 1 with 2857 viewsizlingtonhoop

Should we go up? on 08:04 - Dec 1 by ozranger

The 43-44 season, during the War appears the last time all four were in the same Division. As the proper League was suspended, all London teams plus some from nearby (Aldershot, Southampton, Reading, Brighton and Portsmouth) was the Football League South. We also played Luton that season, but only in the League South Cup and not in the League itself.

Strangely, Chelsea did not participate in the 1944-45 competition, or at least we did not play them that season. After the 44-45 season, clubs returned to their previous Divisions, for us that was the Division Three South until we were promoted after the 47/48 season.

They were probably too busy deserting.

Just like that time they shat out of going to Israel.

Marcel Desailly, Emmanuel Petit, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Graeme Le Saux, William Gallas

Oddly a French sounding bunch...
Should we go up? on 10:13 - Dec 1 with 2834 viewsted_hendrix

Can't abide the Prem I can't relate to It's obsession with wealth and the circus it has long since become.
I pretty much hated it when we were last there.
Having said that we play football to win games and be or try to be successful, Monday nights result was just brilliant you won't get any games or results like that in the Prem.
Difficult one for me, I'm loving QPR at the moment and that's the way I want it to stay, being in the Prem again is not for me thanks so I havent got an answer.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Should we go up? on 10:33 - Dec 1 with 2774 viewsMrSheen

And if Leeds go down with with Newcastle and Norwich, Leicester would be the longest trip out of St Pancras, Arsenal the longest out of Kings Cross and Spurs the longest out of Liverpool Street.
Should we go up? on 10:38 - Dec 1 with 2756 viewsCiderwithRsie

Should we go up? on 10:13 - Dec 1 by ted_hendrix

Can't abide the Prem I can't relate to It's obsession with wealth and the circus it has long since become.
Having said that we play football to win games and be or try to be successful, Monday nights result was just brilliant you won't get any games or results like that in the Prem.
Difficult one for me, I'm loving QPR at the moment and that's the way I want it to stay, being in the Prem again is not for me thanks so I havent got an answer.

Me too.

I would happily take promotion for the sake of (a) winning the Champ (b) the cash so we can hold onto players we love longer and (c) the fun of rampaging about for one season treating every game as a cup tie - expecting to lose but it's OK so long as we put on a good show
Should we go up? on 10:56 - Dec 1 with 2715 viewsBoston

Should we go up…there will be ten new threads about building a stadium.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Should we go up? on 11:00 - Dec 1 with 2704 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What’s that noise?

Why it’s Tedwardo’s big hammer hitting a nail on its noggins!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Should we go up? on 11:04 - Dec 1 with 2691 viewsTheChef

Same for me Ted - I suppose if we keep winning then there is a chance we will get promoted! But I really couldn't give a toss about the Prem.

I'm just enjoying the ride, our lovely football and our excellent manager and group of players.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Should we go up? on 11:43 - Dec 1 with 2613 viewsdaveB

It would also mean we've lost 6 games already without kicking a ball
Should we go up? on 13:23 - Dec 1 with 2440 viewselnombre

Not the good half though - 70% of Premier League titles have been won within 18 miles of my house!

To be fair, that figure is even worse for Rugby League...
Should we go up? on 13:41 - Dec 1 with 2374 viewsrobith

The dream for me is to go up, bank the cash and just play the whole season Harlem Globetrotters style attack attack attack, go down dead last but as the arbiters of Corinthian spirit
Should we go up? on 13:43 - Dec 1 with 2368 viewsHammersmithR

Watford is in Hertfordshire. Not a London club. All the others are in London.
1. Arsenal
2. Spurs
3. West Ham
4. Crystal Palace
5. That lot
6. Brentford
7. Fulham
8. QPR
Should we go up? on 14:22 - Dec 1 with 2259 viewsPinnerPaul

and no moaning about travel from Mr W?
Should we go up? on 14:28 - Dec 1 with 2234 viewsPinnerPaul

Totally respect how you feel Ted, but ignore the 'circus' around it and the football IS better.

Couple of games that I can (now!) admire for the quality, even though defeats were the 3-2 at home to Man City and the 1-0 defeat to Man Utd.

Comparing that Man Utd team - 1-0 up after 5 mins or so against a clearly inferior team, but to a man they never stopped running or doing their jobs for the whole 90'.

Plus, of course, the wins are that much sweeter - Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool at home will live long in the memory.
Should we go up? on 14:36 - Dec 1 with 2205 viewsJuzzie

Should we go up? on 10:56 - Dec 1 by Boston

Should we go up…there will be ten new threads about building a stadium.

Just buy up all the houses and the school, take ownership of South Africa Road (even though it's government property) and dig down. Easy peasy.

Seriously though, if & when we ever do go up, we cannot just repeat like last time when all the money was wasted on players & agents fees. We have to take the opportunity to use the money to fully invest into the club's infrastructure for long term benefit. Players & agents can come last.

Once that infrastructure is secure, maybe then we can look to trying to make a decent fist of a reasonable tenure in the PL. It can be good there, if done right.

[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 14:37]
Should we go up? on 16:21 - Dec 1 with 2009 viewsswitchingcode

Would be good if that does happen Fulham look certs and you should make play offs especially if you can strengthen in January.We will also have to strengthen in January window as we battle to stay up.
Should we go up? on 16:40 - Dec 1 with 1950 viewsLongsufferingR

Should we go up? on 16:21 - Dec 1 by switchingcode

Would be good if that does happen Fulham look certs and you should make play offs especially if you can strengthen in January.We will also have to strengthen in January window as we battle to stay up.

Was wondering how Goode is getting on with you seeing as he was our number one choice apparently before we signed Dickie?
Should we go up? on 19:00 - Dec 1 with 1748 viewsswitchingcode

Should we go up? on 16:40 - Dec 1 by LongsufferingR

Was wondering how Goode is getting on with you seeing as he was our number one choice apparently before we signed Dickie?

He’s been injured for most of his time with us and only really used last season in the cup games.Played his first full game Sunday due to injuries and did ok in what was a pretty dire game.Was surprised that he wasn’t moved on in the summer because he doesn’t even make the bench when we have others available.Big jump from div 2 to the championship let alone PL expect he will be up against Harry Kane tomorrow night god help us.
Should we go up? on 19:07 - Dec 1 with 1731 viewsswitchingcode

You’ve been there this is my first taste and have to say I can’t disagree with most of that.I haven’t missed a game yet home or away despite the stupid KO times.We will no doubt have to make some signings in January but I’m sure we won’t go mad with the cheque book.If the worse that can happen is going back to what I believe is the best league in the world then so be it.Just hope you and Fulham don’t go up if we come down as I enjoy these games.
Should we go up? on 19:20 - Dec 1 with 1711 viewswortonranger

Should we go up? on 07:49 - Dec 1 by Rs_Holy

We have never been in the 4th division or current equivalent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024