Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Print it out for Joan - Report 20:10 - Jan 23 with 4013 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56841
Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:32 - Jan 23 with 3863 viewsdmm

Thanks, Clive. Your usual high standard and unique style of reporting gave me a good few giggles. I'd have loved it if you had given Field MotM though.
Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:33 - Jan 23 with 3860 viewsNorthernr

Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:32 - Jan 23 by dmm

Thanks, Clive. Your usual high standard and unique style of reporting gave me a good few giggles. I'd have loved it if you had given Field MotM though.

I'm conscious of my Field bias. And also, like I say, two very watchable, good teams. The difference being our cutting edge was sharper than theirs - and that was Willock.
Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:34 - Jan 23 with 3853 viewscolinallcars

Splendid report - sounds like you enjoyed the match ! I only wish I could've been there.
Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:45 - Jan 23 with 3767 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb. So many good lines. I won't type any spoilers but I chuckled at a lot of them.

I had Dickie on an 8 for all the clearances but, thinking back, I'm not sure he used the ball as well as usual.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 11:18]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:46 - Jan 23 with 3765 viewsNorthernr

Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:45 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Superb. So many good lines. I won't type any spoilers but I chuckled at a lot of them.

I had Dickie on an 8 for all the clearances but, thinking back, I'm not sure he used the ball as well as usual.

I had Dickie, Dunne and potentially Marshall on an 8 as well. Much, much debate in the car home. Usual thing, can you give 5x8s off that performance? probs not.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:52 - Jan 23 with 3701 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:46 - Jan 23 by Northernr

I had Dickie, Dunne and potentially Marshall on an 8 as well. Much, much debate in the car home. Usual thing, can you give 5x8s off that performance? probs not.

I had three 8's - Willock (MOTM), Field and Marshall
7 for Dickie, Dunne, Barbet and Adomah
6 for Wallace and Gray (lucky!)
5 for Dykes and Dozzell

Print it out for Joan - Report on 21:02 - Jan 23 with 3634 viewsParkRoyalR

Print it out for Joan - Report on 20:46 - Jan 23 by Northernr

Not sure if you give an 8 for a one-off piece of sublime skill but still not sure how Dickie steered that ball to safety sandwiched between the two Coventry forwards - superb and almost as good as a goal from where I stood.
Print it out for Joan - Report on 21:06 - Jan 23 with 3613 viewsNorthernr

Print it out for Joan - Report on 21:02 - Jan 23 by ParkRoyalR

Not sure if you give an 8 for a one-off piece of sublime skill but still not sure how Dickie steered that ball to safety sandwiched between the two Coventry forwards - superb and almost as good as a goal from where I stood.

Yeh unbelievable, goal all day.
Login to get fewer ads

Print it out for Joan - Report on 21:55 - Jan 23 with 3315 viewsDorse

I need, really need, to see the movie where Macca, Big Dan and Clint are armed.

And then beat the crap out of Chuck Norris, Jason Statham and Hafthor Bjornsson.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Print it out for Joan - Report on 22:20 - Jan 23 with 3171 viewsdavman

What's the title mean; gone way over my head...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Print it out for Joan - Report on 22:48 - Jan 23 with 3061 viewsfraserc

Print it out for Joan - Report on 22:20 - Jan 23 by davman

What's the title mean; gone way over my head...

Being a sad basket case, I had to look it up. It looks to be a reference to this exchange from The Office:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0664509/characters/nm0195020
Print it out for Joan - Report on 22:48 - Jan 23 with 3058 viewsMrSheen

Enjoyed the glimpse of the blue sombrero in the away end celebrating the winner.
Print it out for Joan - Report on 08:43 - Jan 24 with 2389 viewswestberksr

cheers Clive; excellent report that i'll share with a Cov mate. You give them a very fair shout and that is noteworthy in itself; credit where credit is due. I said they were unlucky at ours and had they converted one of their early chances that may have turned out differently.

2 games that typify the never say die attitude of this group of players; easy to get behind them when you feel that they really do give a sh it.

A great win & a great read.
Print it out for Joan - Report on 08:44 - Jan 24 with 2377 viewsstevec

Alberts goal was peak Bidwell, a trip down memory Lane.

Love the Dem Bones, can you forward that to all Sky commentators?
Print it out for Joan - Report on 09:21 - Jan 24 with 2273 viewsAntti_Heinola

'There are the best part of 4,000 QPR fans standing feet away ready to greet its arrival in the back of the net, and it’s quite the work event when it does.'

10/10

Bare bones.

Print it out for Joan - Report on 09:26 - Jan 24 with 2263 viewsBurnleyhoop

Noticed once or twice Dickie getting frustrated with the lack of passing options when he did carry the ball forward. For me, there is not enough movement from the front two, either running the channels or coming short for the pass. We cannot constantly rely on Willock to carry the can for all our forward play.

The boys up front are doing ok, but honestly, they need to be doing more.
Print it out for Joan - Report on 09:50 - Jan 24 with 2190 viewsParkRoyalR

Print it out for Joan - Report on 09:26 - Jan 24 by Burnleyhoop

Noticed once or twice Dickie getting frustrated with the lack of passing options when he did carry the ball forward. For me, there is not enough movement from the front two, either running the channels or coming short for the pass. We cannot constantly rely on Willock to carry the can for all our forward play.

The boys up front are doing ok, but honestly, they need to be doing more.

Agree, on quite a few occasions Dickie was looking for that option as they had closed the space on Adomah and the forwards were not running the channels.

Typically Dykes offers the defence this outball but did'nt on Saturday, which is why I thought he had a poor game.

Gray ran some good lines off Willock but not sure he's at the stage in his career to do this, so Dykes needs to get back to pre-injury form and offer the team this option, especially during Chair's absence when we don't make the ball stick in the final third as well.
Print it out for Joan - Report on 11:09 - Jan 24 with 2005 viewsdannyblue

That's some reaction Bri
Print it out for Joan - Report on 11:14 - Jan 24 with 1988 viewsEsox_Lucius

A thoroughly enjoyable read with my breakfast this morning. You should do this for a living Clive

The grass is always greener.

Print it out for Joan - Report on 11:17 - Jan 24 with 1971 viewsrrrspricey

Print it out for Joan - Report on 09:21 - Jan 24 by Antti_Heinola

'There are the best part of 4,000 QPR fans standing feet away ready to greet its arrival in the back of the net, and it’s quite the work event when it does.'

10/10

Paddy Kenny's holding a work event doesn't quite have the same ring to it
Print it out for Joan - Report on 11:18 - Jan 24 with 1960 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Print it out for Joan - Report on 11:09 - Jan 24 by dannyblue

That's some reaction Bri

Thanks Danny! Edited now.

Print it out for Joan - Report on 14:18 - Jan 24 with 1561 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great day out and a super game, Coventry are a good team and play nice football. We just seem to have that something extra and belief has taken hold. Now need to keep this going into the next 3 home games and get some stonking easier wins. Great times to be following the Rangers, the sort of away wins we are getting under Warburton are very similar to how we used to get them with Terry Venables in the early 1980s and we know where that led.
Print it out for Joan - Report on 14:50 - Jan 24 with 1507 viewsSuperhoop83

Print it out for Joan - Report on 09:21 - Jan 24 by Antti_Heinola

10/10

And Clive also left about 25 minutes later.

Suffering since 1978.

Print it out for Joan - Report on 01:43 - Jan 25 with 986 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Brilliant work as usual Clive and its nice to see one of our usual horrific refs get a top rating so hopefully his bad games are in the rear view mirror .Shame that clown Stroud cannot make the switch to being even halfway decent for the Championship overall not just us .
I know the winning goal was sublime to our travelling supporters but if Wallace buried his open net chance the roof would have came off right there in that spot . Long may this magic carpet ride continue
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024