Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One genuine (honest!) negative 14:50 - Jan 16 with 1798 viewsPinnerPaul

Matty Phillips did more running in that game than his whole 'career' with us.

Not my favourite, in case you hadn't guessed!
One genuine (honest!) negative on 14:53 - Jan 16 with 1768 viewsNorthernr

We said similar, first half at least.
One genuine (honest!) negative on 14:54 - Jan 16 with 1745 viewsbakerloo8

Certainly not our worse player of that era, by a fair stretch.
Just zero consistency.
One genuine (honest!) negative on 14:55 - Jan 16 with 1742 viewsPinnerPaul

One genuine (honest!) negative on 14:53 - Jan 16 by Northernr

We said similar, first half at least.

He was like a man possessed for the kick off - not quite the same when we kicked off when he played here, stood on the touchline and walked up and down a bit
One genuine (honest!) negative on 14:59 - Jan 16 with 1703 viewsBoston

I honestly thought Nick and Andy were referring to a different Matty Phillips.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:09 - Jan 16 with 1660 viewsted_hendrix

One genuine (honest!) negative on 14:55 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

He was like a man possessed for the kick off - not quite the same when we kicked off when he played here, stood on the touchline and walked up and down a bit

*stood on the touchline and walked up and down a bit*

No he didn't he went downhill after he broke his ankle If I remember rightly, he wasn't as bad as people make out.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:14 - Jan 16 with 1636 viewsNorthernr

One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:09 - Jan 16 by ted_hendrix

No he didn't he went downhill after he broke his ankle If I remember rightly, he wasn't as bad as people make out.

He was decent, but the frustration with him for me was it was all there - the ability, the physique, the pace - and yet he'd go through weeks and weeks of not showing any of it at all, and then suddenly burst into life. Little bit like Hoilett I guess, you know it's there, you just want to see more of it.

Still my favourite Simmo joke - If I pulled out as often as Matt Phillips I wouldn't have to sit in the family stand.
One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:22 - Jan 16 with 1576 viewsBenny_the_Ball

One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:14 - Jan 16 by Northernr

He was decent, but the frustration with him for me was it was all there - the ability, the physique, the pace - and yet he'd go through weeks and weeks of not showing any of it at all, and then suddenly burst into life. Little bit like Hoilett I guess, you know it's there, you just want to see more of it.

Still my favourite Simmo joke - If I pulled out as often as Matt Phillips I wouldn't have to sit in the family stand.

"Still my favourite Simmo joke - If I pulled out as often as Matt Phillips I wouldn't have to sit in the family stand." That's a cracker.

By no means our worst player of that era but only showed his quality in glimpses. If he was more consistent he'd be a PL player.
One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:41 - Jan 16 with 1491 viewsPinnerPaul

One genuine (honest!) negative on 14:54 - Jan 16 by bakerloo8

Certainly not our worse player of that era, by a fair stretch.
Just zero consistency.

No I agree, but his lack of effort at times was down there with the worse IMHO.
Login to get fewer ads

One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:43 - Jan 16 with 1476 viewsPinnerPaul

One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:09 - Jan 16 by ted_hendrix

Ted this is a humerous thread after a great victory, not to be taken tooooooooooooo seriously my friend.
One genuine (honest!) negative on 16:14 - Jan 16 with 1385 viewsted_hendrix

One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:43 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

Ted this is a humerous thread after a great victory, not to be taken tooooooooooooo seriously my friend.

No problem.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

One genuine (honest!) negative on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 1332 viewsBklynRanger

I thought he looked a wee bit slimmer but was surprised he was in that lone role up front needing to run around, and in what world is he a 10?

My learned colleague beside me had him down for 60 mins and turned out to be less than 90 seconds off.

Mixed feelings about Phillips from his time with us though, which for that high-proportion crop of kunts is just about a compliment. Yeah he couldn't give an arse for long periods and let his head get turned, but slightly less than Hoillet.

The only reason I'd be interested in going up is to see what the current management could achieve with their approach.
One genuine (honest!) negative on 16:52 - Jan 16 with 1239 viewsqpr1976

One genuine (honest!) negative on 15:14 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Only a few months when he was outstanding for us stick in my memory. Hull away rings a bell.

Rest of the time he had moments but inconsistent enough to flatter…..
One genuine (honest!) negative on 17:03 - Jan 16 with 1193 viewsToast_R

I guess we'll always have his law of physics defying goal at Palace
One genuine (honest!) negative on 17:07 - Jan 16 with 1164 viewsPinnerPaul

One genuine (honest!) negative on 17:03 - Jan 16 by Toast_R

As Clive said, yes good players will help a lot - even Jenas scored A great goal for us and all the other 'rogues' had their moments, because they were decent players, which made the non decent/non trying periods even more annoying I guess?
One genuine (honest!) negative on 17:10 - Jan 16 with 1139 viewsLowerloftLad

furlong came over to R block got a good reception and he clapped the fans,around 45 seconds later phillips got dogs abuse.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

One genuine (honest!) negative on 17:21 - Jan 16 with 1100 viewsCroydonCaptJack

One genuine (honest!) negative on 17:10 - Jan 16 by LowerloftLad

furlong came over to R block got a good reception and he clapped the fans,around 45 seconds later phillips got dogs abuse.

Yes, was great wasn't it
One genuine (honest!) negative on 18:08 - Jan 16 with 980 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Seeing as we are all confessing our negative thoughts I did not like those jerseys an forget about those shorts.I am susprised some players did not trip over them they were so long.Charlie Austin is God but he looked very plump in that kit just saying.
Please shelve anymore commerative shirts and wear our hoops at home
One genuine (honest!) negative on 18:13 - Jan 16 with 970 viewsdavman

THE worst day in the Prem losing to that lot with such an embarrassing performance. Wow what a goal, but feck all else from him in that game and Palace were shite that season. Of course the only thing I remember from the game was the "Off, off, off" from us aimed at SWP when he actually got close enough to a Palace player to actually commit a foul.

A real low point and a reason I don't want to get back there until we are destroying this division like Fulham are this season...
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 19:10]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

One genuine (honest!) negative on 19:09 - Jan 16 with 850 viewsqueensparker

If anyone hasn’t seen it - what a fkin shot that is

One genuine (honest!) negative on 19:57 - Jan 16 with 730 viewsLogman

Struggling to understand this thread.

Until Matt Phillips went off I didn"t even realise he was playing.

Thought Grant and Robinson were quite lively for them.

What happened to Pereira and the big black no. 9 they signed towards the end of last season ? Dont remember them moving on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024