Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League Cup draw 09:36 - Jun 23 with 5435 viewstoboboly

I know, i know, we're all still jizzed to the nines about the fixture list - but at 2pm the League Cup draw gets underway. It is regionalised and we are ball 27.

Southern Teams:

1: AFC Wimbledon
2: Birmingham City
3: Bristol City
4: Bristol Rovers
5: Cambridge United
6: Cardiff City
7: Charlton Athletic
8: Cheltenham Town
9: Colchester United
10: Coventry City
11: Crawley Town
12: Exeter City
13: Forest Green Rovers
14: Gillingham
15: Ipswich Town
16: Leyton Orient
17: Luton Town
18: Millwall
19: Milton Keynes Dons
20: Newport County
21: Northampton Town
22: Norwich City
23: Oxford United
24: Peterborough United
25: Plymouth Argyle
26: Portsmouth
27: Queens Park Rangers
28: Reading
29: Stevenage
30: Sutton United
31: Swansea City
32: Swindon Town
33: Walsall
34: Wycombe Wanderers

Who do we all want? Any of AFC, FGR, Bristol R, Cheltenham, Gillingham, Peterboro would be a new ground, never seen QPR at Sutton so that would also be good.

I realise we will get a home draw v Birmingham though. Or Crawley where Joel Lynch scores at the death to knock us out.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

League Cup draw on 09:38 - Jun 23 with 4462 viewsHayesender

I'd like Wimbledon away. We'll probably get Swansea away

Poll: Shamima Beghum

League Cup draw on 09:40 - Jun 23 with 4440 viewsted_hendrix

Oxford away please.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

League Cup draw on 10:14 - Jun 23 with 4297 viewsterryb

I can't remember if it is now an open draw or whether Championship clubs are still kept apart from each other.
League Cup draw on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 4223 viewsDannyPaddox

Just as long as it’s not a trip to a town that begins with Pete and ends in Ugh!
League Cup draw on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 4224 viewstoboboly

League Cup draw on 10:14 - Jun 23 by terryb

I can't remember if it is now an open draw or whether Championship clubs are still kept apart from each other.

Always seems to be that they are kept apart but I don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere?

League Cup draw on 10:53 - Jun 23 with 4170 viewspaulhoop2

Sutton away would be good or away to AFC

If home then let’s have a team we don’t usually face from lower down the pyramid to be fair the league cup we genuinely do better in !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

League Cup draw on 14:18 - Jun 23 with 3929 viewstoboboly

Football league really doesn't help itself by making the draw on Sky Sports only. Really getting the fans involved that.

edit: found it on youtube. 2nd edit - starts at 2:30pm

[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 14:21]

League Cup draw on 14:44 - Jun 23 with 3756 viewstoboboly

Charlton away
balls

Login to get fewer ads

League Cup draw on 14:44 - Jun 23 with 3756 viewsAberystwythR

Charlton away
League Cup draw on 14:51 - Jun 23 with 3646 viewsAntti_Heinola

Charlton away

Bare bones.

League Cup draw on 14:56 - Jun 23 with 3607 viewsLowerloftLad

Charlton away will do nicely.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

League Cup draw on 14:59 - Jun 23 with 3575 viewsRBlock

I'm quite happy with Charlton away. Have really fond memories of going away at the start of the 15/16 season and having a stroll down the river via The Pilot, The Anchor & Hope (cracker), and one other I can't remember the name of. Lost 2-0 of course, but a great day out.
League Cup draw on 15:47 - Jun 23 with 3336 viewsdaveB

Charlton Away
League Cup draw on 15:51 - Jun 23 with 3313 viewsdmm

Can I just check? Is it Charlton away?
League Cup draw on 15:58 - Jun 23 with 3247 viewsBucksRanger

Charlton aweigh, my boys, Charlton aweigh
Farewell to foreign shores, we sail at break of day, of day
Through our last night ashore, drink to the foam
Until we meet again, here's wishing you a happy voyage home
League Cup draw on 16:05 - Jun 23 with 3198 viewskernowhoop

I remember going to Charlton for a mid-week game, after work. Arriving only just before kick-off, I went through the nearest turnstile and sat among the home fans, convinced that I could be quiet and unobtrusive. Rangers scored. I leapt to my feet and those around me were not best pleased. 'WTF is he doing here?' was among the kinder comments that I heard. I felt vulnerable but survived a very dodgy five minutes. Thankfully, the atmosphere improved as the match went on. That had something to do with Charlton scoring twice and winning the match 2-1.
League Cup draw on 16:13 - Jun 23 with 3163 viewsmarky67

whats the odds there will be a tube strike that night
League Cup draw on 16:20 - Jun 23 with 3132 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Charlton away? I’m quite pleased about this. I had tickets for the fixture in 2020 that I believe was cancelled last minute as we went into lockdown. It was going to be my first visit to the Valley so will be good to erase that memory. It will also be a bit of a homecoming for Bromley boy Beale so I’d imagine he’ll be up for it too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

League Cup draw on 16:26 - Jun 23 with 3084 viewsderbyhoop

Difficult one.
Another QPR crash out on the cards?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

League Cup draw on 16:47 - Jun 23 with 2982 viewsMrSheen

League Cup draw on 16:05 - Jun 23 by kernowhoop

I remember going to Charlton for a mid-week game, after work. Arriving only just before kick-off, I went through the nearest turnstile and sat among the home fans, convinced that I could be quiet and unobtrusive. Rangers scored. I leapt to my feet and those around me were not best pleased. 'WTF is he doing here?' was among the kinder comments that I heard. I felt vulnerable but survived a very dodgy five minutes. Thankfully, the atmosphere improved as the match went on. That had something to do with Charlton scoring twice and winning the match 2-1.

Was that the John Spencer team after relegation? I was there too. We were on a really good run and looked like we might break into the promotion contenders but went off the rails a bit afterwards.
League Cup draw on 16:50 - Jun 23 with 2968 viewsDavieQPR

If we play it at the Heston training ground we call all say 'we've ben hur before'.
League Cup draw on 17:27 - Jun 23 with 2853 viewskernowhoop

League Cup draw on 16:47 - Jun 23 by MrSheen

Was that the John Spencer team after relegation? I was there too. We were on a really good run and looked like we might break into the promotion contenders but went off the rails a bit afterwards.

I think it was in the late 1990s and yes, I think John Spencer was playing. I'm a bit fuzzy on the detail, but we took an early lead and then managed to lose 2-1.
League Cup draw on 19:28 - Jun 23 with 2650 viewsthemodfather

glamour of the cup! good luck ranger, as we start the trek on the holy trail to wembley, again.
League Cup draw on 20:10 - Jun 23 with 2563 viewsjoe90

Charlton, nice!

A mid week game, hopefully lovely summer weather. I’ll be able to walk there across Blackheath with a couple of road beers.
League Cup draw on 21:01 - Jun 28 with 1871 viewsWalnut

Two ties chosen for live coverage, both from the Northern section :-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024