Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
saudi golf 21:34 - Jun 6 with 5877 viewsdigswellhoop

Any one like golf if European players go to this tour should they be banned from ryder cup
saudi golf on 21:55 - Jun 6 with 4008 viewsessextaxiboy

I love golf ,play every Weds with a bunch of old farts.

Yep I would ban them.
saudi golf on 01:18 - Jun 7 with 3839 viewsBoston

They should be hanged, drawn and empty quartered.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

saudi golf on 03:01 - Jun 7 with 3819 viewsHAYESBOY

Yes, ban them from Presidents and Ryder Cup.

Smells like a trout farm in here

saudi golf on 07:23 - Jun 7 with 3709 viewsPaddyhoops

The first tournament is in the Centurian club in St Albans. Which in fairness is in Hemel Hempstead but Hemel doesn't have how shall we say the same allure as St Albans.
It's a tournament for 40/50 something has beens like McDowell and Poulter. It might have the names but the standard won't be up too much.
Backed by the Saudis, run by Norman who's an apologist for a regime with no moral standards.
saudi golf on 08:46 - Jun 7 with 3625 viewsRangers67

Not really a golf fan until the Ryder Cup comes around but I fail to see the difference between this and the world cup in Qatar. We should not be having anything to do with either of them
saudi golf on 08:51 - Jun 7 with 3616 viewsBostonR

Only a matter of time before they entice the big European football clubs to join a Euro Super League. I can see it happening within the next 2-3 yrs.
saudi golf on 12:27 - Jun 7 with 3498 viewsdsw2509

Stopped watching golf when the Open went to satellite TV.

Norman should be ashamed of himself. Anyone joining him is sportswashing a country that likes murdering its citizens.

Playing in this circus should result in a life ban from all ‘official’ majors. Hard to enforce though. Ryder Cup ban can and should be done.
saudi golf on 12:47 - Jun 7 with 3474 viewsthemodfather

oil money talks in any sport and human rights goes out of the window with morals, loyalty and all that for a few dollars more.
Login to get fewer ads

saudi golf on 14:44 - Jun 7 with 3373 viewsBuckR

Bit hard for the European Tour to be that outraged considering they happily host the Saudi Open each year - at the end of the day they are self employed contractors so hard to blame them following the insane amounts of money on offer
saudi golf on 16:34 - Jun 7 with 3282 viewsStevenageRanger

Tricky one as some of the players have so much money I am suprised they are doing but guess there is always bigger boats, houses you can buy!

No cut so minimum you get is $120k for coming last and $4m to the winner.

No TV deal so on You Tube only. It does seem like a mid-age tour before joining the Seniors Tour!

PS - I have two free tickets for Friday and cant go now, can send on if anyone wants them.
saudi golf on 18:54 - Jun 8 with 3074 viewsrrrspricey

Mickelson reportedly getting £140m and Johnson £120m just for turning up.

Ban em and also Newcastle from the prem at the same time for accepting PIFs dirty money
saudi golf on 20:18 - Jun 8 with 2978 viewsdigswellhoop

agreed
saudi golf on 21:34 - Jun 8 with 2918 viewsDannyPaddox

Saudi golf. You’d expect big bunkers.

Golf in the desert should really be the inverse of conventional golf. Instead of grassy lawns and roughs and the odd sandy bunker the course would be a huge expanse of sand with a few scattered lush oases.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 23:00]
saudi golf on 22:09 - Jun 8 with 2854 viewsMiss_Terraces

saudi golf on 16:34 - Jun 7 by StevenageRanger

Tricky one as some of the players have so much money I am suprised they are doing but guess there is always bigger boats, houses you can buy!

No cut so minimum you get is $120k for coming last and $4m to the winner.

No TV deal so on You Tube only. It does seem like a mid-age tour before joining the Seniors Tour!

PS - I have two free tickets for Friday and cant go now, can send on if anyone wants them.

Have they signed up because of the carrot or the stick?

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

saudi golf on 22:23 - Jun 8 with 2822 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

saudi golf on 18:54 - Jun 8 by rrrspricey

Ban em and also Newcastle from the prem at the same time for accepting PIFs dirty money

Only £120m?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

saudi golf on 23:17 - Jun 8 with 2724 viewsdistortR

well, it's the hypocrisy of the whole thing. Castigate sportsmen - and golfers - while we arm them, while biden is preparing to visit them. Interesting reading the democrats take on dealing with saudi before they took power, btw. Or play for newcastle. or man city. or read the i newspaper or evening standard. or buy petrol. or use the phone. or go to a top university etc etc

as long as they take the knee and wear rainbow laces, it's all good isn't it?
saudi golf on 23:26 - Jun 8 with 2696 viewsdigswellhoop

i gree world cup should be cancelled ant saudi backed team should be banned
saudi golf on 23:45 - Jun 8 with 2673 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

saudi golf on 23:26 - Jun 8 by digswellhoop

i gree world cup should be cancelled ant saudi backed team should be banned

I don't think it should be cancelled. It would be much better that if you feel that strongly about it that you don't watch.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

saudi golf on 07:27 - Jun 9 with 2502 viewsessextaxiboy

saudi golf on 08:46 - Jun 7 by Rangers67

Not really a golf fan until the Ryder Cup comes around but I fail to see the difference between this and the world cup in Qatar. We should not be having anything to do with either of them

Well the difference is that Quatar have not executed 85 people in one day or murdered a jounalist and dismembered his body .

The deaths in construction in Quatar have been happening for years ,before they were awarded the World Cup and the stadia constructed .

That the Cup is there at all is questionable(Blatter in court shortly) but FIFA would argue that it is shining a light on the issues and if Quatar want to move away from oil and turn to sport and tourism then they have to address them .
saudi golf on 08:04 - Jun 9 with 2429 viewsR_from_afar

One of the participants - a very successful golfer, I can't remember who - was telling journalists he was joining the tour because it was best for his family, sounding to me very much like an impoverished and underprivileged worker from yesteryear explaining why he earned his crust on a whaling ship or down a mine...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

saudi golf on 08:24 - Jun 9 with 2403 viewsstevec

saudi golf on 21:34 - Jun 8 by DannyPaddox

Saudi golf. You’d expect big bunkers.

Golf in the desert should really be the inverse of conventional golf. Instead of grassy lawns and roughs and the odd sandy bunker the course would be a huge expanse of sand with a few scattered lush oases.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 23:00]

You clearly haven’t played Perivale in mid July.
saudi golf on 08:42 - Jun 9 with 2374 viewsRs_Holy

saudi golf on 18:54 - Jun 8 by rrrspricey

the world has gone truly mad!
saudi golf on 08:48 - Jun 9 with 2363 viewssprocket

how much is enough?
saudi golf on 09:07 - Jun 9 with 2335 viewsWokingR

I think a lot of these golfers are finally waking up to the fact that sport and politics does sometimes overlap and they can't just offer the 'that's got nothing to do with me' answer.
BBC journalist yesterday made the very good point interviewing Ian Poulter and Lee Westwood, in asking is there anywhere or anyone they wouldn't play for if the money was right and then gave examples of Vladimir Putin or Apartheid in South Africa.
Both refused to answer but you could almost see the penny drop.
saudi golf on 09:08 - Jun 9 with 2334 viewsRangers67

saudi golf on 07:27 - Jun 9 by essextaxiboy

Well the difference is that Quatar have not executed 85 people in one day or murdered a jounalist and dismembered his body .

The deaths in construction in Quatar have been happening for years ,before they were awarded the World Cup and the stadia constructed .

That the Cup is there at all is questionable(Blatter in court shortly) but FIFA would argue that it is shining a light on the issues and if Quatar want to move away from oil and turn to sport and tourism then they have to address them .

FIFA arguing anything on the morals front is quite frankly insulting to any sane person. Do you really think that when the backhanders were going round and all the shady deals were being done that the welfare of the people building the stadia and infrastructure was mentioned even once ? I realise that construction deaths in places like Qatar and Dubai etc have been at high levels for years which is exactly why they should not have been awarded the world cup in the first place. Sadly as we all know money talks across all societies and allows injustice to carry on . Having sadly witnessed first hand a few years ago the virtual slave labour conditions of the workers from both Africa and the Indian sub continent in Dubai I would never go anywhere near this part of the world again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024