Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hooray….rain 20:15 - Aug 15 with 2461 viewscolinallcars

Piddling down in Hammersmith. Long may it continue !
Hooray….rain on 20:25 - Aug 15 with 2409 viewsR_from_afar

Ooh you lucky devil! Cloudy and humid here in The People's Republic of Bracknell, but not a drop of rain grrr

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hooray….rain on 20:26 - Aug 15 with 2405 viewsstowmarketrange

Nothing up here yet.I’ve even had the chance to finish painting the outside of the house.Anything to earn some brownie points for tomorrow and Wednesday at Lords.I see the forecast isn’t great for the 1st day of the test.Typical.
Hooray….rain on 20:50 - Aug 15 with 2284 viewsted_hendrix

Raining here In South Oxfordshire for the last 30 odd minutes, local forecast said rain would start at midnight.
Bliss.
Hope It don't rain tomorrow night in W12 though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hooray….rain on 21:02 - Aug 15 with 2231 viewsflynnbo

Rained a bit in Nottingham today but nothing so far in Bedfordshire.
Hooray….rain on 21:06 - Aug 15 with 2208 viewsterryb

The forecast for Suffolk keeps moving the forecasted rain backl.

It is now down as Wednesday, but I will not be surprised if it disappears from our expectations!
Hooray….rain on 21:08 - Aug 15 with 2202 viewsstowmarketrange

Hooray….rain on 20:50 - Aug 15 by ted_hendrix

Raining here In South Oxfordshire for the last 30 odd minutes, local forecast said rain would start at midnight.
Bliss.
Hope It don't rain tomorrow night in W12 though.

Rail seating in the rain.Yippee.
Hooray….rain on 21:39 - Aug 15 with 2122 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hooray….rain on 21:02 - Aug 15 by flynnbo

Rained a bit in Nottingham today but nothing so far in Bedfordshire.

When you say rained in Nottingham, what are we talking about here: water showers or, another load of signings at Forest?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hooray….rain on 21:52 - Aug 15 with 2063 viewsstowmarketrange

Hooray….rain on 21:39 - Aug 15 by PlanetHonneywood

When you say rained in Nottingham, what are we talking about here: water showers or, another load of signings at Forest?

Maybe they signed the man from Atlantis as well as the man from Atalanta?
Login to get fewer ads

Hooray….rain on 22:15 - Aug 15 with 1939 viewsLblock

Over night / late night rain fine in summertime

Does my nut in all these “ooooh we need it” bods and “it’s too hot” moaners.
Yes I hate seeing my dogs (and missus!) struggle in the heat but come on, that big yellow thing in the sky doesn’t get seen that often or for that long in this grey old country of ours. Embrace it when it’s out; you can’t be outdoors too long in the pissin rain!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hooray….rain on 12:17 - Aug 16 with 1512 viewsstanistheman

Hooray….rain on 22:15 - Aug 15 by Lblock

Over night / late night rain fine in summertime

Does my nut in all these “ooooh we need it” bods and “it’s too hot” moaners.
Yes I hate seeing my dogs (and missus!) struggle in the heat but come on, that big yellow thing in the sky doesn’t get seen that often or for that long in this grey old country of ours. Embrace it when it’s out; you can’t be outdoors too long in the pissin rain!!!

Well said. Yes, we need the rain, but can't it rain after midnight and stop by 6am?

The sun being out and the weather hot is better than our usual sun-rain-sun-rain-cloudy, cold then hot nonsense. People usually can't decide on whether to dress for hot or cold, dry or wet weather. And as you say, when it is p//sing it down it is difficult to stay outside for long and not a lot you can do when you are outdoors in it.
Hooray….rain on 12:24 - Aug 16 with 1469 viewsstowmarketrange

Hooray….rain on 12:17 - Aug 16 by stanistheman

Well said. Yes, we need the rain, but can't it rain after midnight and stop by 6am?

The sun being out and the weather hot is better than our usual sun-rain-sun-rain-cloudy, cold then hot nonsense. People usually can't decide on whether to dress for hot or cold, dry or wet weather. And as you say, when it is p//sing it down it is difficult to stay outside for long and not a lot you can do when you are outdoors in it.

What about us night workers?It isn’t much fun driving a truck at night,even less so in the rain.Although the new camera mirrors don’t steam up like the old ones did.
Hooray….rain on 12:29 - Aug 16 with 1453 viewsstanistheman

Hooray….rain on 12:24 - Aug 16 by stowmarketrange

What about us night workers?It isn’t much fun driving a truck at night,even less so in the rain.Although the new camera mirrors don’t steam up like the old ones did.

Yes, I know that, but there are far less of you at that time, and we have to have rain at some point, so maybe we can do a deal and agree on a 5/2 split on nigh time rain.
Hooray….rain on 12:43 - Aug 16 with 1404 viewsstowmarketrange

Hooray….rain on 12:29 - Aug 16 by stanistheman

Yes, I know that, but there are far less of you at that time, and we have to have rain at some point, so maybe we can do a deal and agree on a 5/2 split on nigh time rain.

I do 4 nights on and 4 off so there’s plenty of scope for a deal.
Hooray….rain on 13:48 - Aug 16 with 1302 viewscolinallcars

Hooray….rain on 12:17 - Aug 16 by stanistheman

We have a maritime climate so “changeable” as the weathermen put it.
Surely it's better to have our traditional weather with hardly any draughts and non-injurious to health.
I know what I'd prefer.
Hooray….rain on 14:11 - Aug 16 with 1259 viewsR_from_afar

Hooray….rain on 20:25 - Aug 15 by R_from_afar

Ooh you lucky devil! Cloudy and humid here in The People's Republic of Bracknell, but not a drop of rain grrr

Stuck my head out of the door this morning around 8.15am and there was a whiff of petrichor and a few raindrops still evident on Mrs R from Afar's car.

Then, around 12.30pm, I saw rain with my very own eyes, and no, not on the telly, falling in my garden...for 10 minutes. More please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrichor

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hooray….rain on 14:16 - Aug 16 with 1242 viewsdanehoop

Rained this morning in lovely Epsom. Not long though, perhaps an hour. What is nice though is that temperature and humidity have lowered. No longer feels like my brain is melting when I am trying to work.

My lawn is still looking dead, other than the weeds which seem to be doing great. Now they are just looking more obvious and I think Mrs Danehoop is expecting me to do something about them (beyond careful observation from a distance).

Never knowingly understood

Hooray….rain on 14:40 - Aug 16 with 1197 viewsonlyrinmoray

Rained yesterday and today in Scotland drought what drought 🙂
Hooray….rain on 14:49 - Aug 16 with 1177 viewsderbyhoop

We had a cracking thunderstorm Sunday night. It must have been loud, as it woke me.
Then so e rain overnight Monday and last night.
+ a couple of heavy showers this afternoon.
Its behaving like a traditional English Summer. In sw France.

It might have helped to extinguish huge fires south of Bordeaux.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hooray….rain on 16:14 - Aug 16 with 1086 viewsEmpireStateRanger

New York City is experiencing its first "severe drought" for the first time in 20 years. Thankfully the temperatures have been very comfortable since the weekend (25 C/75 F and no humidity) but I know the farmers up north are struggling.
Hooray….rain on 21:18 - Aug 16 with 906 viewsJuzzie

Lightning and thunder this afternoon in scorchio Catalonia and everyone running indoors as though it was 5oC. I guess instinct just kicks in.
One of the reps says over the mic “it’s just a bit of rain, I thought you lot were used to it?!”.

On a side note, I’ll be surprising my boy with his new QPR-Barca away shirt so at least he’ll sort of stand out amongst the myriad of Liverpool, Man U, PSG and Barca shirts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024