Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GA Post Match - Norwich 00:09 - Apr 20 with 6197 viewsHooping_Mad

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

GA Post Match - Norwich on 00:14 - Apr 20 with 4677 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I like him.

I don’t care if he plays Dunne at RB or Dieng in CM. I’d rather see every player, DoF, and board member go before he does.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 6:31]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 05:55 - Apr 20 with 4461 viewsRuislipHoop

Could of,would of,should of,get real !!
GA Post Match - Norwich on 07:43 - Apr 20 with 4266 viewsridethewave

We need to get real and very quickly. This appointment has been disastrous and whichever league we are in next year we cannot continue with him as our manager. It is incredibly sad to see, but he is so clearly out of his depth to an extent I’ve not really seen with other managers before. The extent of his tactical genius last night was to simply make a couple of like-for-like substitutions in bringing one central midfielder off for another, and then bring a right winger off for another.

Actually as I’m writing this I’m too despondent to continue, but I’m afraid this football club is in a dire position with Ainsworth in charge and if all we’ve got to look forward to next year is hoofball in league 1, I am just not interested.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 10:16 - Apr 20 with 4046 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

GA Post Match - Norwich on 07:43 - Apr 20 by ridethewave

We need to get real and very quickly. This appointment has been disastrous and whichever league we are in next year we cannot continue with him as our manager. It is incredibly sad to see, but he is so clearly out of his depth to an extent I’ve not really seen with other managers before. The extent of his tactical genius last night was to simply make a couple of like-for-like substitutions in bringing one central midfielder off for another, and then bring a right winger off for another.

Actually as I’m writing this I’m too despondent to continue, but I’m afraid this football club is in a dire position with Ainsworth in charge and if all we’ve got to look forward to next year is hoofball in league 1, I am just not interested.

Out of his depth is right. Doesn’t hurt to say it, either, unless you want to be top of the Sentimentality League.
It’s desperate football. Norwich had so much space on the right in the first half and I’m amazed they didn’t make more of it. I thought, well, he needs to do something about that, but Nope! Stuck with 4-4-2 the whole game, with a game plan of little more than waiting for the right bounce.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 10:21 - Apr 20 with 4021 viewsterryb

GA Post Match - Norwich on 00:14 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

I like him.

I don’t care if he plays Dunne at RB or Dieng in CM. I’d rather see every player, DoF, and board member go before he does.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 6:31]

Bazza, you like Ainsworth, but can you truly say that you like him as a manager?

That is what we should all be judging his position on, not that he is a bloody good chap! Perhaps Paul Hart had a heart of gold, but his management & playing style were not right for the club.

Is Gareth much different?
GA Post Match - Norwich on 10:26 - Apr 20 with 3997 viewsted_hendrix

I can't watch or listen to the bloke.

He has attritioned me to death.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

GA Post Match - Norwich on 10:55 - Apr 20 with 3907 viewsPhilmyRs

The worry for me is he's saying things like "people can't see what I can" about the right way to play, and convinced his method is the way out of this mess, referencing it's been poor for so long etc. Obviously he has a point around the place being poor for sometime, but in October we were still at the top, and top 6 at Christmas. We have played teams off the park - my Millwall mates are still shocked that the team they saw dismantle them are potentially getting relegated. We have a couple of quality players, we need to get the most from them, not 4-4-2 with Martin and Dykes but we know he won't change. The club being the mess it is, isn't on him, the club getting relegated, I would pin on him.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 11:10 - Apr 20 with 3844 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't mind this 4-4-2 getting it forward lark if it actually worked but we're not creating anything and still wide open at the back, they had an extra man spare at every attack last night, we were lucky they were crap
Login to get fewer ads

GA Post Match - Norwich on 11:50 - Apr 20 with 3741 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

GA Post Match - Norwich on 10:21 - Apr 20 by terryb

Bazza, you like Ainsworth, but can you truly say that you like him as a manager?

That is what we should all be judging his position on, not that he is a bloody good chap! Perhaps Paul Hart had a heart of gold, but his management & playing style were not right for the club.

Is Gareth much different?

Yeah he is different and I like him as a manager too.

His record tells us he knows how to get clubs promoted on a budget and is deft at transfer bargains.

I think we‘re kidding ourselves if we think these won’t be our priorities next season.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 11:52]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 11:56 - Apr 20 with 3660 viewsWegerles_Stairs

GA Post Match - Norwich on 11:50 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

His record tells us he knows how to get clubs promoted on a budget and is deft at transfer bargains.

I think we‘re kidding ourselves if we think these won’t be our priorities next season.

There's his record and then there's what you see with your own eyes. We should not be in the position we are with three games left. Notwithstanding the other issues at the club, his record with us (not Wycombe) is appalling.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 12:03 - Apr 20 with 3652 views1JD

GA Post Match - Norwich on 10:55 - Apr 20 by PhilmyRs

The worry for me is he's saying things like "people can't see what I can" about the right way to play, and convinced his method is the way out of this mess, referencing it's been poor for so long etc. Obviously he has a point around the place being poor for sometime, but in October we were still at the top, and top 6 at Christmas. We have played teams off the park - my Millwall mates are still shocked that the team they saw dismantle them are potentially getting relegated. We have a couple of quality players, we need to get the most from them, not 4-4-2 with Martin and Dykes but we know he won't change. The club being the mess it is, isn't on him, the club getting relegated, I would pin on him.

The comment “people cant see what I can see” says it all. He is as stubborn as an ox, has no flexibility or tactical awareness, and is hell bent on digging his heels in.

If he were actually getting results or delivering performances, he’d have a point. But he’s got neither. His “high intensity” style = utter chaos. It’s not a press, it’s just utter chaos. The ball is a hot potato by design. It’s like watching a pin ball machine, and people wonder why the players don’t have composure. The same players who were trained and schooled under a technical possession style. Clue: they are under instruction.

His interviews are as unwatchable as his football. Awful.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 12:12 - Apr 20 with 3615 viewsjoe90

No doubting his integrity, but have to question what he's doing now and not what he might be doing next season as one will probably inform the other.

On the one hand you'd think the manager would stick to a style and approach that works the players he has. On the other hand you'd think the manager would look at what's been done and make a change if somethings clearly not working?

Either way, there may or may not be things going on in the back ground that some of us may or may not be aware of.

The reality of which you speak is one that some are not ready to face.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 12:34 - Apr 20 with 3531 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

GA Post Match - Norwich on 12:12 - Apr 20 by joe90

No doubting his integrity, but have to question what he's doing now and not what he might be doing next season as one will probably inform the other.

On the one hand you'd think the manager would stick to a style and approach that works the players he has. On the other hand you'd think the manager would look at what's been done and make a change if somethings clearly not working?

Either way, there may or may not be things going on in the back ground that some of us may or may not be aware of.

The reality of which you speak is one that some are not ready to face.

Fourth manager in a row that’s failed to find a system that works.

He’s the only one who’s had to do it without a transfer window though.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 12:35 - Apr 20 with 3523 viewsRangersw12

Sorry but he's tactically clueless

We've been overrun in midfield in nearly every game

Has to play 3 in midfield and look after the ball or we will continue to be wide open.

Lovely bloke but shouldn't be our manager at the end of the season regardless if we stay up or not.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 12:40 - Apr 20 with 3476 viewsPhilmyRs

GA Post Match - Norwich on 12:34 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Fourth manager in a row that’s failed to find a system that works.

He’s the only one who’s had to do it without a transfer window though.

What I'd give right now for GA to fail like Warbs or Beale did with the same system...

Their system was a possession based one that was a much more improved set-up and had us winning some games and competitive in most. Compare that to what we have now? I've heard of the big-man little man strike force or the target man and speedster strike force? But GA has his very own big man big man one and its sending us down. He's by far the worst manager of the 3 we've had this season.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 12:59 - Apr 20 with 3392 viewsNov77

For that to be true he needs to relegate us first, take us down to his level. Then we’re supposed to be ecstatic when years later he gets us back to exactly the same place (no better) that we were the day he took over. (Open top bus parade perhaps?)

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

GA Post Match - Norwich on 13:19 - Apr 20 with 3286 viewsNorthantsHoop

Bless him has to trot out this rubbish about the 'boys' after every game. They are a bunch of boys all huff and puff playing in a league where they are physically and now tactically inferior to most if not all the teams in the Championship. Norwich are no great shakes, but they looked a lot more dangerous than us and able I thought to pass easily through our midfield. I suspect GA is mentally worn down by this lot, if he gets a go next season is going to have a hell of a job recruiting a whole new team, if he is allowed to do so by those above him.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 13:23 - Apr 20 with 3247 viewsR_from_afar

GA Post Match - Norwich on 10:55 - Apr 20 by PhilmyRs

"We have a couple of quality players".

If you mean Chair and Willock, their loss of form has been one of the main reasons we are in this mess. Chair tries hard but with the exception of a few assists, has been way below his best, and Willock looks like a waste of a place on the team sheet at the moment. I hate saying it and seeing it but that is where we are, so Ainsworth is having to try something else. Those two aside, we are very short of creative players, even when the whole squad is fit.

As others have said, we started this season - yet another season - with a lack of firepower and now, after injuries, pneumonia, lack of effort and one hell of a lot of complacency, here we are, on the cliff edge.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:02 - Apr 20 with 3124 viewsterryb

I do admire your loyalty Bazza & to be fair I can't remember any time that you've not backed any of our managers. At least, our recent ones.

Maybe I'm being too negative about his abilities & style, but watching us under his leadership, has been close to watching us under Hart! The only difference being Hart would, by choice, play with ten defenders to preserve a lead & Ainsworth wouldn't. But, the football is just as dire IMO.

Having said that, Gareth must be given the summer at the very least, to try to form an attractive, competitive team. I'm afraid I don't share your confidence that he will do so, but time will tell.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 14:24]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:14 - Apr 20 with 3080 viewsPhilmyRs

GA Post Match - Norwich on 13:23 - Apr 20 by R_from_afar

"We have a couple of quality players".

If you mean Chair and Willock, their loss of form has been one of the main reasons we are in this mess. Chair tries hard but with the exception of a few assists, has been way below his best, and Willock looks like a waste of a place on the team sheet at the moment. I hate saying it and seeing it but that is where we are, so Ainsworth is having to try something else. Those two aside, we are very short of creative players, even when the whole squad is fit.

As others have said, we started this season - yet another season - with a lack of firepower and now, after injuries, pneumonia, lack of effort and one hell of a lot of complacency, here we are, on the cliff edge.

but surely you see that playing 4-4-2 with Chair out on the left and Dykes and Martin being your front 2 isn't going to bring out the best in Chair? and as it's showing, isn't a system than can accommodate Willock? How do people come back to form? Playing games and playing to their strengths.

Fair enough, I'd put my hands up and say, the system and getting results is more important than trying to accommodate your most talented players, but it's some of the worst football and shape I've seen us play hence the reaction to Ainsworth. He's effectively giving up trying to play a way to get the best out of those 2, and instead follow this approach which clearly isn't working.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 14:16]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:28 - Apr 20 with 3018 viewsMole_Senior

What's the definition of insanity?
GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:29 - Apr 20 with 3006 viewsNorthernr

I would love him at some point in the future when he feels able for him to tell the truth about what's going on here.

Tactically, style of play, 4-4-2, we can all sit here and debate that stuff. I wouldn't sit here and pretend he's doing any kind of passable job. It's gone worse than any of us could have imagined.

But Ethan Laird, on loan from Manchester United, on easily more than £20k a week, left out of the squad entirely, with the second choice right back injured, and Aaron Drewe picked at right back. That is obviously, obviously not because he's blessed with so many other options as he says here. He's choosing to keep that to himself, and making himself look utterly ridiculous in the process.

And I think he's inherited a dozen or more situations like that here in an overall clusterfck that basically makes this team unmanageable. Same thing Critchley found. He's choosing to keep all that in house, and blatantly lie to us about it. What he says about Laird in this interview is a lie. You do not leave Laird out altogether, not even on the bench, so you can mark Onel Hernandez with Aaron Drewe out of some sort of tactical decision.

I wonder if one day in the future he, or somebody, will actually come out and tell us some truths about what's happening here.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:37 - Apr 20 with 2950 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:02 - Apr 20 by terryb

I do admire your loyalty Bazza & to be fair I can't remember any time that you've not backed any of our managers. At least, our recent ones.

Maybe I'm being too negative about his abilities & style, but watching us under his leadership, has been close to watching us under Hart! The only difference being Hart would, by choice, play with ten defenders to preserve a lead & Ainsworth wouldn't. But, the football is just as dire IMO.

Having said that, Gareth must be given the summer at the very least, to try to form an attractive, competitive team. I'm afraid I don't share your confidence that he will do so, but time will tell.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 14:24]

I just go by the philosophy that if they have a good record before they come here and still fail, then usually the issue isn’t them, it’s us, so changing managers is a expensive waste of time.

GA falls into this category. Let’s not forget his Wycombe team beat us a couple of seasons ago.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:40 - Apr 20 with 2932 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:29 - Apr 20 by Northernr

I would love him at some point in the future when he feels able for him to tell the truth about what's going on here.

Tactically, style of play, 4-4-2, we can all sit here and debate that stuff. I wouldn't sit here and pretend he's doing any kind of passable job. It's gone worse than any of us could have imagined.

But Ethan Laird, on loan from Manchester United, on easily more than £20k a week, left out of the squad entirely, with the second choice right back injured, and Aaron Drewe picked at right back. That is obviously, obviously not because he's blessed with so many other options as he says here. He's choosing to keep that to himself, and making himself look utterly ridiculous in the process.

And I think he's inherited a dozen or more situations like that here in an overall clusterfck that basically makes this team unmanageable. Same thing Critchley found. He's choosing to keep all that in house, and blatantly lie to us about it. What he says about Laird in this interview is a lie. You do not leave Laird out altogether, not even on the bench, so you can mark Onel Hernandez with Aaron Drewe out of some sort of tactical decision.

I wonder if one day in the future he, or somebody, will actually come out and tell us some truths about what's happening here.

You’ve said exactly the way I feel but aren’t articulate enough to say.

‘He's choosing to keep that to himself, and making himself look utterly ridiculous in the process’

Discretion is a welcome addition to this gossipy leaky club in my opinion! Reassures the (non Cnty) players too. As you say, more to it than simple stupidly / incompetence.

I’m sure Chris Martin will spill his guts on Undr The Cosh sometime soon.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 14:43]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:43 - Apr 20 with 2916 viewsNorthernr

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:40 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

You’ve said exactly the way I feel but aren’t articulate enough to say.

‘He's choosing to keep that to himself, and making himself look utterly ridiculous in the process’

Discretion is a welcome addition to this gossipy leaky club in my opinion! Reassures the (non Cnty) players too. As you say, more to it than simple stupidly / incompetence.

I’m sure Chris Martin will spill his guts on Undr The Cosh sometime soon.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 14:43]

Yeh it's been a frequent theme of our conversations in the Crown for weeks now - we'll probably only get to know when somebody goes on Under the Cosh in five years time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024