Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Archer and Drewe 16:31 - Jun 22 with 6690 viewsGloucs_R

Both sign one year contracts....

I can hardly contain my excitement....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Archer and Drewe on 16:33 - Jun 22 with 3999 viewsRangersw12

Needs must as it's probably cheaper retaining them than going out and buying a back up keeper and back up full back
Archer and Drewe on 16:34 - Jun 22 with 3999 viewsHayesender

#announcemartin

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Archer and Drewe on 16:34 - Jun 22 with 3998 viewsOldPedro

If they are squad players, that should be ok. If they are regular starters, we will be in trouble

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Archer and Drewe on 16:35 - Jun 22 with 3979 viewsHayesender

Looks like Drewe is gonna be back up right back to Kakay.

We're bang in brown stuff

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Archer and Drewe on 16:36 - Jun 22 with 3974 viewsWatford_Ranger

Archer and Drewe on 16:34 - Jun 22 by OldPedro

If they are squad players, that should be ok. If they are regular starters, we will be in trouble

Realistically it’ll be Kakay backed up by Drewe and a new keeper replacing Dieng and backed up by Archer. None of which fills me with confidence.
Archer and Drewe on 16:37 - Jun 22 with 3962 viewstoboboly

The only reason to renew Archer is if we are selling every other keeper in the team.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Archer and Drewe on 16:38 - Jun 22 with 3958 viewsGloucs_R

Archer and Drewe on 16:35 - Jun 22 by Hayesender

Looks like Drewe is gonna be back up right back to Kakay.

We're bang in brown stuff

That's my concern. Kakay should be back up to someone else.

Archer I get, no problem with that.

Archer and Drewe on 16:52 - Jun 22 with 3882 viewsCateLeBonR

I quite like Drewe. I thought he was brave when he came in last season, did what he was told to the best of his ability and seems to have a good footballing brain.
Login to get fewer ads

Archer and Drewe on 16:55 - Jun 22 with 3841 viewsdmm

I think that's the contracts of Chris Martin and Stephen Duke-McKenna yet to be decided.
Archer and Drewe on 17:04 - Jun 22 with 3791 viewsHooping_Mad

I think I've seen Archer in 1 training video, he must laughing all the way to the bank.

Easiest job in the world.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Archer and Drewe on 17:08 - Jun 22 with 3772 viewsAntti_Heinola

Archer and Drewe on 17:04 - Jun 22 by Hooping_Mad

I think I've seen Archer in 1 training video, he must laughing all the way to the bank.

Easiest job in the world.

tbf all clubs have experienced goalies these days - look at Scott Carson, who is STILL a back up keeper at Man City!
No huge problem with that.
Drewe? I'm all for promotion to the first team, but he's miles off, sorry. Great attitude, can get by on adrenaline in the odd game, but he's not even close to the quality required.

Bare bones.

Archer and Drewe on 17:10 - Jun 22 with 3764 viewsGloucs_R

Archer and Drewe on 17:08 - Jun 22 by Antti_Heinola

tbf all clubs have experienced goalies these days - look at Scott Carson, who is STILL a back up keeper at Man City!
No huge problem with that.
Drewe? I'm all for promotion to the first team, but he's miles off, sorry. Great attitude, can get by on adrenaline in the odd game, but he's not even close to the quality required.

I said last season that I didn't even think he was national league standard.

Who is the player from Lincoln we were linked with?

Archer and Drewe on 17:16 - Jun 22 with 3707 viewsSheffieldHoop

Being a bit harsh on Drewe IMO. Obviously still very raw. But so is Armstrong and we all seem to love him on here. Loads of time and room for both to improve. Under normal circumstances would probably be trying to find an EFL1/2 loan, but we're up shitcreek so it is what it is.

Archer, I dunno, this club's whole strategy around goalkeepers is just strange. Surely we can bring through our own youth player and use him as the reserve keeper, like Jake Cole was for what seemed about a decade. I doubt Archer is on a pittance. You sign these players and they all get injured at once anyway. I dunno.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Archer and Drewe on 17:26 - Jun 22 with 3670 viewswesty

Archer and Drewe on 17:10 - Jun 22 by Gloucs_R

I said last season that I didn't even think he was national league standard.

Who is the player from Lincoln we were linked with?

Regan Poole. Would be a good addition and better than we have. Out of contract so no fee to pay. Gone a bit quiet.
Contracts run out on the 30th so that’s when they’ll start moving around.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 17:37]
Archer and Drewe on 17:37 - Jun 22 with 3605 viewsBklynRanger

Archer and Drewe on 16:34 - Jun 22 by Hayesender

#announcemartin

AnnounceMartin FFS, show some ambition. You'll never win anything with kids.
Archer and Drewe on 20:59 - Jun 22 with 3385 viewsaston_hoop

Doesn't look like Martin is in the training video of the players coming back. Balogun there though

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Archer and Drewe on 21:01 - Jun 22 with 3370 viewsLblock

Archer should never have been anywhere near the club.
So many other options or cheaper approaches. Goalkeeper is one position where most players grab a chance at being anywhere near a first team at any level.

Drewe seems to be popular with DNA (Dobbo and Ainsworth) but that can only be character as ability wise he’s miles away from what I’ve seen. Really hope to be proved wrong.
As noted above, if he’s understudy to the equally game but lacking Kakay then I have to say…. Mission Control we have a problem

God knows what happened to the club I followed 30 years ago, we built squads back then

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Archer and Drewe on 21:04 - Jun 22 with 3354 viewsWatford_Ranger

Archer and Drewe on 20:59 - Jun 22 by aston_hoop

Doesn't look like Martin is in the training video of the players coming back. Balogun there though

Imagine Balogun gets re-signed and messes up hugely in a 0-4 defeat to Watford. People will be setting the stadium on fire.
Archer and Drewe on 21:13 - Jun 22 with 3331 viewsaston_hoop

Archer and Drewe on 21:04 - Jun 22 by Watford_Ranger

Imagine Balogun gets re-signed and messes up hugely in a 0-4 defeat to Watford. People will be setting the stadium on fire.

He'll be injured by then probably

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Archer and Drewe on 21:13 - Jun 22 with 3323 viewsvanrrrr

Archer and Drewe on 16:52 - Jun 22 by CateLeBonR

I quite like Drewe. I thought he was brave when he came in last season, did what he was told to the best of his ability and seems to have a good footballing brain.

yeah--problem is his ability is about National league level and at 22 not that young...if its kakay and him it won't be pretty
Archer and Drewe on 22:18 - Jun 22 with 3208 viewsHooparoo

I don’t get all the criticism of Ozzy Kakay on here. Been with us since he was a kid, always tries his best and is versatile enough to play anywhere in defence or midfield. Sure, he’s no Roberto Carlos but has 100% good attitude and is Rs through and through.

Every season we have pages of threads moaning about all we want is players that give their all for the team and Oz does that every time he’s called on. Let’s do something radical this year and support the players who are trying their best.

Rant over 🤷🏻‍♂️

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Archer and Drewe on 22:33 - Jun 22 with 3140 viewsbosh67

Archer and Drewe on 20:59 - Jun 22 by aston_hoop

Balogun has been allowed to do his pre-season training with the club so that isn't much of a surprise.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Archer and Drewe on 22:40 - Jun 22 with 3107 viewsconnell10

Archer and Drewe on 22:33 - Jun 22 by bosh67

Balogun has been allowed to do his pre-season training with the club so that isn't much of a surprise.

If that's true its ridiculous.He shouldn't be anywhere near the club if he is not under contract. Using our valuable facilities for nowt.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Archer and Drewe on 23:41 - Jun 22 with 3009 viewsAntti_Heinola

Archer and Drewe on 17:16 - Jun 22 by SheffieldHoop

Being a bit harsh on Drewe IMO. Obviously still very raw. But so is Armstrong and we all seem to love him on here. Loads of time and room for both to improve. Under normal circumstances would probably be trying to find an EFL1/2 loan, but we're up shitcreek so it is what it is.

Archer, I dunno, this club's whole strategy around goalkeepers is just strange. Surely we can bring through our own youth player and use him as the reserve keeper, like Jake Cole was for what seemed about a decade. I doubt Archer is on a pittance. You sign these players and they all get injured at once anyway. I dunno.

Drewe is 22, 2 years older than Armstrong. I don't think it takes much to see which of those two *might* have a future at this level or higher.
Another year for Drewe feels like more of the same Shodipo/Kendall etc situation to me.

Bare bones.

Archer and Drewe on 23:44 - Jun 22 with 2994 viewsBrianWilson

One year deals? They must have had very little options (or none) to sign for anyone else.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024