Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt 19:32 - Oct 13 with 3420 viewsSBR_W6Hoop

A nice idea or a chance to make a quick buck? It’s £70 for essentially this season’s away shirt!

Now, I love getting the shirts when they come out but I’m in two minds on this one. I was hoping it would have the 80’s collar, finer details etc but no…

Thoughts?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/october/13/40-year-anniversary-shirt/?utm_source
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 19:48 - Oct 13 with 3354 viewsmart_Goblin

Seen a lot of criticism which I understand to a point .

But watching that film clip gave me goosebumps.

The history of that shirt / kit is entrenched in all of us . So why shouldn’t the club celebrate it with those legends from my / our youths and try a different way of making a few quid?
I for one have been critical of the club for not doing enough to try to gain more income. Yes, more money from our pockets seems slightly cheeky but we don’t HAVE to buy it . We can be cynical but no one is forcing anyone else to get it .

Don’t see a problem and it’s a great shirt.

It’s a great shirt
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 21:27 - Oct 13 with 3164 viewsSBR_W6Hoop

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 19:48 - Oct 13 by mart_Goblin

Seen a lot of criticism which I understand to a point .

But watching that film clip gave me goosebumps.

The history of that shirt / kit is entrenched in all of us . So why shouldn’t the club celebrate it with those legends from my / our youths and try a different way of making a few quid?
I for one have been critical of the club for not doing enough to try to gain more income. Yes, more money from our pockets seems slightly cheeky but we don’t HAVE to buy it . We can be cynical but no one is forcing anyone else to get it .

Don’t see a problem and it’s a great shirt.

It’s a great shirt

It is a great shirt, and one worth celebrating.

I agree that the club should be doing more of this to make themselves more money, it’s not like we don’t need it!

TF should have tried harder to push through an adidas deal when it came up, would have been a licence to print money from a lot of our fanbase (esp. those so in love with the late 70’s-80’s kits)

It’s one of those where any fan who wants it either has to buy it on Monday or ultimately see them pop up on eBay for silly money (if at all!)
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 11:00]
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 21:33 - Oct 13 with 3146 viewsStanisgod

Cant believe they actually got Clive Allen to appear at something other than his book signing.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 21:35 - Oct 13 with 3142 viewsDavieQPR

With the current kit manufacturers and sponsor at a glance it is too much like the away shirt and recent Guinness replica kits.
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 21:57 - Oct 13 with 3086 viewsBluce_Ree

I like it. The video was good too. I got a chill at the Zamora goal.

Not buying it though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 22:07 - Oct 13 with 3056 viewsSBR_W6Hoop

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 21:35 - Oct 13 by DavieQPR

With the current kit manufacturers and sponsor at a glance it is too much like the away shirt and recent Guinness replica kits.

There’s no hint of the Guinness shirt about it, that was my point
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 04:12 - Oct 14 with 2841 viewscharmr

www.football-room.xyz on WhatsApp

Get adidas shirts here including the red and black Guinness. Good quality, honest and reliable. Also does the adidas Feyenoord kit. A thing of beauty.

If the address doesn’t work pm me
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 4:14]
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 04:55 - Oct 14 with 2820 viewsSydneyRs

Got very good quality replicas of both the home and away adidas Guinness shirts for half the price of this. Can't really distinguish them from the real thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 10:21 - Oct 14 with 2665 viewsessextaxiboy

I flagged it up to my boys

One said "Im sure i will buy one like a mug" and the other said " I will add it to the pile of misery "

So thats 2 happy customers
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 10:43 - Oct 14 with 2626 viewsToast_R

The shirt quality of this year shirts is actually pretty bad. My son only worn his twice before some of the threads were unravelling, Super thin material. The profit margin on these replicas must be ridiculous.
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 11:49 - Oct 14 with 2574 viewsqueensparker

There’s a guy in Thailand knocking out superb old replicas including the classic Guinness shirts and cup final shirt etc. I’ve bought a couple and can vouch for them, they’re top quality.

If you’re interested PM me and can share details
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 12:55 - Oct 14 with 2490 viewsSydneyRs

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 11:49 - Oct 14 by queensparker

There’s a guy in Thailand knocking out superb old replicas including the classic Guinness shirts and cup final shirt etc. I’ve bought a couple and can vouch for them, they’re top quality.

If you’re interested PM me and can share details

Yes he's where I got mine from. Excellent quality.
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 18:02 - Oct 14 with 2213 viewstoboboly

Agree, calling it a 83/84 anniversary shirt is very disingenuous. It's the current away shirt with names sewn into it.

https://qprkits.blogspot.com/2011/09/198384.html

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/queens-park-rangers-kits/#1980s

https://shop.qpr.co.uk/products/2023-24-adult-away-shirt?variant=46021770805553&

I'm not paying £70 for the current away shirt.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 17:51 - Oct 15 with 1934 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I loved Warren/Wally/Wazza. I was only a teenager when I used to watch him but I thought he was excellent. What was the general view on him?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 07:50 - Oct 16 with 1759 viewsNorthernr

In 'finer details' news, this at the bottom basically means they missed the deadline for handing in their homework...

"Despite the club’s best endeavours, we were unable to obtain approval to wear this strip at a first-team away fixture owing to kit registration regulations."
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 08:08 - Oct 16 with 1738 viewslightwaterhoop

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 17:51 - Oct 15 by BrianMcCarthy

I loved Warren/Wally/Wazza. I was only a teenager when I used to watch him but I thought he was excellent. What was the general view on him?

Great player for us and local boy as well.Spent a long time playing for Portsmouth after he left Rangers.
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 08:20 - Oct 16 with 1721 viewssilverbirch

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 17:51 - Oct 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Loved Warren and his opposite number, Ian Dawes. Well, loved that whole team, really.
Just read this about Dawes, he made more than 250 appearances, including 198 consecutive appearances between 1982 and 1986. He then played more than 250 games for Millwall. I wonder why he left. I hope we didn’t ditch him for mark dennis.
Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 08:56 - Oct 16 with 1677 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 08:20 - Oct 16 by silverbirch

Loved Warren and his opposite number, Ian Dawes. Well, loved that whole team, really.
Just read this about Dawes, he made more than 250 appearances, including 198 consecutive appearances between 1982 and 1986. He then played more than 250 games for Millwall. I wonder why he left. I hope we didn’t ditch him for mark dennis.

I think we did, silverbirch. Others may have a better/different memory but that's how I remember it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 10:03 - Oct 16 with 1576 viewsterryb

Limited Edition ‘83-‘84 Anniversary Shirt on 08:08 - Oct 16 by lightwaterhoop

Great player for us and local boy as well.Spent a long time playing for Portsmouth after he left Rangers.

I liked Neal & Dawes. Both good players who gave great service to Rangers. Wouldn't we love their equivalents now!

It is sad, but also rather good, that neither would get close to other full backs that have played for us. That is not detrimental, but shows the brilliance we have had in those positions. Clement, Gillard, Bardsley, Wilson & Sansom would certainly be above them & Parker could also be considered a full back. I'm sure I'm missing a couple as well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024