Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing in Lower Loft 12:00 - Dec 10 with 7426 viewsQPRConor2000

Was in the safe standing area in the lower loft and I have to say how noticeable the atmosphere has improved, must of been the best in a long time.

I hope in time the club look at extending it to the whole Lower Loft, would be great to have the whole section for safe standing.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 12:00]
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 12:14 - Dec 10 with 6083 viewsPaddyhoops

Too right. We gave their keeper and defenders hell when they were in possession. Their keeper was an accident waiting to happen though.
I think safe standing has been a huge success.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 12:32 - Dec 10 with 6037 viewsQPRConor2000

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 12:14 - Dec 10 by Paddyhoops

Too right. We gave their keeper and defenders hell when they were in possession. Their keeper was an accident waiting to happen though.
I think safe standing has been a huge success.

Absolutely, love how we made it tough for them when they were on the ball, having the whole lower tier for safe standing would be brilliant and would make it even better.

The family stand could be moved to the Stan Bowles Stand if we put pressure on the club to do it.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 12:44 - Dec 10 with 5942 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Yeah, I've been buying my tickets in there. Great atmosphere, like being back on the old Loft back in the day. Helps that we're playing well and winning of course!
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 12:45 - Dec 10 with 5971 viewsslmrstid

It looked a heaving mass after the second one went in.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 12:48 - Dec 10 with 5940 viewsNorthernr

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 12:45 - Dec 10 by slmrstid

It looked a heaving mass after the second one went in.

So good.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 13:19 - Dec 10 with 5827 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I've got tickets for the Southampton game for Safe Standing in the Loft, first time for me, my boy and nephew. It looked great yesterday, along with the Venables flag.

Hopefully it's like the Loft back in 90s. Altogether now...

'We're on the left side, on the left side, the left side of the Loft'.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 13:55 - Dec 10 with 5709 viewsThe_Beast1976

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 13:19 - Dec 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I've got tickets for the Southampton game for Safe Standing in the Loft, first time for me, my boy and nephew. It looked great yesterday, along with the Venables flag.

Hopefully it's like the Loft back in 90s. Altogether now...

'We're on the left side, on the left side, the left side of the Loft'.

Agreed. Gotta get plans in place to make the whole Lower Loft and paddocks standing again. Put the
Family stand upstairs like it was when I was a kid
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 17:48 - Dec 10 with 5436 viewsrobith

After a meagre first 18 months, the last two games in there have been absolutely mint.

Can't wait for Wednesday
Login to get fewer ads

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 21:17 - Dec 10 with 5084 viewsNorrisGreen

Is it the rail seating that's brought about the uplift or is it the fact they've kicked families out of the way? I'd say it's the latter.
Been breaking my heart for years to see loads of empty seats in lower loft since it was designated family stand. This should be the febrile core of our support, the first area to sell out - it's the freaking famous Loft for Pete's Sake!
Should rail seat the whole bottom tier of loft and lash families in the paddocks. Give them free Mickey Mouse or Barbie kagools if it's inclement.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 12:46 - Dec 11 with 4751 viewsQPRConor2000

Not sure how many season ticket holders are there at the moment but surely we could work with them to allow the safe standing section to be expanded to the whole lower loft.

Imagine having that whole bottom tier for safe standing, That would be fantastic.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:02 - Dec 11 with 4647 viewsdaveB

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 21:17 - Dec 10 by NorrisGreen

Is it the rail seating that's brought about the uplift or is it the fact they've kicked families out of the way? I'd say it's the latter.
Been breaking my heart for years to see loads of empty seats in lower loft since it was designated family stand. This should be the febrile core of our support, the first area to sell out - it's the freaking famous Loft for Pete's Sake!
Should rail seat the whole bottom tier of loft and lash families in the paddocks. Give them free Mickey Mouse or Barbie kagools if it's inclement.

Or it could be we've been quite good the last 2 home games and won so the atmosphere has obviously improved, although I still thought it was pretty quiet until the 2nd goal went in

As one of those in the family stand who some fans seem desperate to kick out for whatever reason it's a bit of a kick in the nuts to read to be honest
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:22 - Dec 11 with 4584 viewsrobith

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:02 - Dec 11 by daveB

Or it could be we've been quite good the last 2 home games and won so the atmosphere has obviously improved, although I still thought it was pretty quiet until the 2nd goal went in

As one of those in the family stand who some fans seem desperate to kick out for whatever reason it's a bit of a kick in the nuts to read to be honest

Yeah agreed - two lads behind me were moaning about it being dead the whole first half. It's also still pretty sparse on weekday evening matches, which was a criticism levelled at the family stand, hasn't changed
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:35 - Dec 11 with 4540 viewsHoopinEssex

I mainly sit in SA road at games these days.

What's the deal with the safe standing. Is it like the old Loft where you just pay and stand where you like?
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:54 - Dec 11 with 4490 viewsloftboy

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:02 - Dec 11 by daveB

I got kicked out of R block late 80’s so that block could be the family stand, it’s also been in the upper loft, wouldn’t hurt too much to move it again?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:05 - Dec 11 with 4457 viewsStevenageRanger

I am also a family stand member sitting in block HL (got moved from PL when SS came in wich I was fine with) However, there are just as many tickets left for Wednesday and Saints on 23rd in Safe Standing as there are in the family stand blocks. Atmosphere was best its been for months in the Family section on Saturday in the 2nd half. The chants do travel and people in Family section do get involved. Remember that with the reduction in family section there are less 'tourists' and a much higher % of ST holders now.

I have said loads of times that amazes me with all the 'noise' made about Lower Loft Safe Standing that it doesnt sell out every week! I am pretty sure the club would extend further if fully sold out all the time. Has it ever sold out?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 15:07]
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:05 - Dec 11 with 4451 viewsdaveB

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:35 - Dec 11 by HoopinEssex

I mainly sit in SA road at games these days.

What's the deal with the safe standing. Is it like the old Loft where you just pay and stand where you like?

it's the same as buying a seat you get given a ticket with your seat but you just stand in front of that season rather than sit
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:18 - Dec 11 with 4404 viewsdaveB

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:54 - Dec 11 by loftboy

I got kicked out of R block late 80’s so that block could be the family stand, it’s also been in the upper loft, wouldn’t hurt too much to move it again?

No it wouldn't hurt, sure those currently in the paddock or wherever the family stand is moved to will be thrilled to be kicked out to make way. Plenty of empty seats in SA Road for midweek games so maybe we can go up there

I'm overly sensitive about it, is exhausting supporting QPR been crap for 2 years so after a great day on Saturday to see more on here about wanting us ST holder in the Lower loft to be shunted off somewhere as we're an inconvenience is a bit of a kick in the balls and makes you wonder why you bother.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:21 - Dec 11 with 4399 viewsGaryBannister86

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:05 - Dec 11 by StevenageRanger

I am also a family stand member sitting in block HL (got moved from PL when SS came in wich I was fine with) However, there are just as many tickets left for Wednesday and Saints on 23rd in Safe Standing as there are in the family stand blocks. Atmosphere was best its been for months in the Family section on Saturday in the 2nd half. The chants do travel and people in Family section do get involved. Remember that with the reduction in family section there are less 'tourists' and a much higher % of ST holders now.

I have said loads of times that amazes me with all the 'noise' made about Lower Loft Safe Standing that it doesnt sell out every week! I am pretty sure the club would extend further if fully sold out all the time. Has it ever sold out?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 15:07]

It's getting fuller and fuller, especially the section nearest the goal. I mean the rest of it is right in the corner, so bit unfair to assess it based on sales of that.

Judging by what people have said on here, those that have been there, think it is an improved experience. Therefore, it may be a slow burner, but surely there is scope to consider making the whole Loft standing. The family stand doesn't sell out just as much as the standing doesn't sell out, even the bit right behind the goal. If that bit was standing, I would wager it WOULD sell out on a regular basis.

However, one is full of young kids looking at Jude, often ignoring the football and some passionate parents (and I've been there for years, I've seen it myself week after week and my son got bored there, now loves the safe standing) and the standing is full of people who are keen to try and build an atmosphere and make it an "end" again.

I know the family stand has its supporters, but I just don't understand why even the residents of the family stand can't see that making the whole Loft standing will surely be the way to go. I am not saying that will mean we win every game, the Loft will be sold out every game, but I think it would be exciting and a step forward and a real opportunity to build a Loft "end" again, building on the commendable flag work. How can you build an "end" with only two sections in the corner?

EDIT - reading that back, I do not mean to be snide about the family stand, especially having been the parent to an occasionally bored kid there for many years. I know it isn't "full" of that and there is plenty of passion, just dispersed somewhat.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 15:28]
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:45 - Dec 11 with 4316 viewsHoopinEssex

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:05 - Dec 11 by daveB

it's the same as buying a seat you get given a ticket with your seat but you just stand in front of that season rather than sit

Thank you Dave. Appreciated.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:59 - Dec 11 with 4273 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

For the SS area to sell out so the owners might extend it across, the team need to be good.
They've been rubbish, that's why it doesn't sell out. I was surprised however to get 3 tickets for the Saints game. Can't wait.

I'd like to see at least half the lower loft SS, but also why not make the whole of R block SS?
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 17:29 - Dec 11 with 4146 viewsrobith

I quite like having safe standing and family stand in the same area. Means I get such delights as limbs for Willocks goal, then heading out to the concourse to see the guy in the Spark costume being helped down the stairs by a handler. The duality of life
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 10:29 - Dec 12 with 3825 viewslondonscottish

Each to their own, but I've never seen the need for a family stand. When my son was 7 I got him a s/t in the Upper Loft.

I gave s/t's up for a while and became a bit of a tourist - sitting in various places around the ground inc the family stand; it was great for meeting mates with kids but the atmosphere was poor compared to the mayhem upstairs and over in Ellerslie.

I came back s/t's after Covid and bought mine specifically because that area was rumoured to have been chosen for standing and that's exactly what happened.

It's completely transformed the experience. I find sitting down at games all wrong. Plus people make a lot more noise standing up. It's great.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:54 - Dec 12 with 3628 viewscharmr

If you get tickets there can you stand anywhere
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:55 - Dec 12 with 3624 viewsrobith

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:54 - Dec 12 by charmr

If you get tickets there can you stand anywhere

prefer if you don't - everyone has a designated space but had a few games where some people have bunched in to a space that wasn't theirs and it makes it a bit uncomfortable cos of the rails
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:05 - Dec 12 with 3586 viewsstowmarketrange

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:55 - Dec 12 by robith

prefer if you don't - everyone has a designated space but had a few games where some people have bunched in to a space that wasn't theirs and it makes it a bit uncomfortable cos of the rails

We seem to get a lot of interlopers in the front of ML,especially in the 2nd half if we’re attacking the loft end.And the stewards are nowhere to be seen.
I suppose you get the stewards that you pay for these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024