Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) 18:41 - Dec 16 with 4247 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 19:33 - Dec 16 with 3924 viewsbosh67

Thanks Brian

Well he acknowledges all the failings today there. The critical things is to not let the players dwell on it, which we know they are inclined to do too often. Up and at the next game and learn from the mistakes. Today was very QPR though but at least Marti calls that out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 19:45 - Dec 16 with 3839 viewsRs_Holy

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 19:33 - Dec 16 by bosh67

Thanks Brian

Well he acknowledges all the failings today there. The critical things is to not let the players dwell on it, which we know they are inclined to do too often. Up and at the next game and learn from the mistakes. Today was very QPR though but at least Marti calls that out.

It is what it is… we move on!
Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 13:43 - Dec 17 with 3008 viewsRuislipHoop

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 19:33 - Dec 16 by bosh67

Thanks Brian

Still think we are Lge 1 bound but I feel a lot more confident with Marti at the helm
Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 14:27 - Dec 17 with 2893 viewsSimonJames

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 13:43 - Dec 17 by RuislipHoop

Still think we are Lge 1 bound but I feel a lot more confident with Marti at the helm

I feel a big sponsorship deal coming to give Marti some January spending money...
What have we got left to sponsor?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 14:50 - Dec 17 with 2819 viewsstainrods_elbow

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 14:27 - Dec 17 by SimonJames

I feel a big sponsorship deal coming to give Marti some January spending money...

The continuous slaughter of our foolish hope?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 15:42 - Dec 17 with 2710 viewsfrancisbowles

We've drawn a game, we would previously have lost and lost a game we led in the 85th minute. Something that needs work. He's only been here a short while. He can and will improve things further. Every game is important and can be won. Even Leicester could only draw with Wednesday.
We are only two points behind, we can move up the table.
Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 07:46 - Dec 18 with 2323 viewsThe_Beast1976

I'm fairly confident in comfortably staying up
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 7:46]
Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 08:23 - Dec 18 with 2227 viewsBerkoRanger

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 14:27 - Dec 17 by SimonJames

I remember not so long ago when posters thought we could be Div 2 bound and now I am also much more confident we will be OK. I also don't think Marti would have joined us if he hadn't been promised money for new recruits (particularly strikers and pace) this January.
Gonna be an interesting time.
Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 08:56 - Dec 18 with 2172 viewsmart_Goblin

He did say on W12 podcast that there was no one coming in and he has to work with what he has . Could well be bluffing to make some of the fringe players step up . Talking of fringe players is Kolli injured and where was Kelman Saturday ?
Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 09:35 - Dec 18 with 2104 viewsNorthernr

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 08:56 - Dec 18 by mart_Goblin

He did say on W12 podcast that there was no one coming in and he has to work with what he has . Could well be bluffing to make some of the fringe players step up . Talking of fringe players is Kolli injured and where was Kelman Saturday ?

Kolli got injured on international duty. Kelman I think shot his bolt on Wednesday.
Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 10:27 - Dec 18 with 2028 viewsted_hendrix

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 09:35 - Dec 18 by Northernr

Kolli got injured on international duty. Kelman I think shot his bolt on Wednesday.

*Kelman I think shot his bolt on Wednesday.*

Kelman hasn't successfully ''shot'' anything since the day he was born.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 10:45 - Dec 18 with 1990 viewsdaveB

I didn't see the game live but looks like the first time we've tried to hang on to a game with a few quite negative subs and invited pressure on us a bit
Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 12:20 - Dec 18 with 1891 viewsLazyFan

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 10:45 - Dec 18 by daveB

I didn't see the game live but looks like the first time we've tried to hang on to a game with a few quite negative subs and invited pressure on us a bit

This. He got the sub wrong this time.

He went defensive when the team was coping quite well. The first goal showed that. We were short in the DMC area when the ball was played in front of the defence for an easy shot on goal. This was because we had too many defenders on the pitch and lost the midfield as a result. Thus, it was only a matter of time and attacks, Wed had both as they went all out, and it worked.

I suspect he won't make that same mistake again. Agree about Kelman; he's finished. I was never convinced. He is not a forward, has no pace, no aerial threat, no devious cunning to get into space and accurate shooting. He's more of a midfielder for me, and if they don't coach him that way, non-league beckons, which is where he will end up, in the non-leagues.

Think, who when fit is more likely to score goals, Kelman or Kholi?
It's simple to see now.

zzzzzzzzzz

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 13:20 - Dec 18 with 1798 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 12:20 - Dec 18 by LazyFan

This. He got the sub wrong this time.

He went defensive when the team was coping quite well. The first goal showed that. We were short in the DMC area when the ball was played in front of the defence for an easy shot on goal. This was because we had too many defenders on the pitch and lost the midfield as a result. Thus, it was only a matter of time and attacks, Wed had both as they went all out, and it worked.

I suspect he won't make that same mistake again. Agree about Kelman; he's finished. I was never convinced. He is not a forward, has no pace, no aerial threat, no devious cunning to get into space and accurate shooting. He's more of a midfielder for me, and if they don't coach him that way, non-league beckons, which is where he will end up, in the non-leagues.

Think, who when fit is more likely to score goals, Kelman or Kholi?
It's simple to see now.

"He got the sub wrong this time.

He went defensive when the team was coping quite well. The first goal showed that. We were short in the DMC area when the ball was played in front of the defence for an easy shot on goal. This was because we had too many defenders on the pitch and lost the midfield as a result. Thus, it was only a matter of time and attacks, Wed had both as they went all out, and it worked."

I normally agree with this line of thinking, but I'm undecided about Saturday's game in that regard. With Sheff Wed going to four up-front late on, it would also have been very risky to not go to five at the back. So, I can see an argument for that as well as for holding bodies in midfield.

Whatever formation we decided to end the game with, though, I think the main problem was that we were too deep and backing off, both in our defensive line and for their key passes that led to their two goals.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cifuentes on Today (Sheff Wed) on 15:28 - Dec 18 with 1644 viewskensalriser

Field puts his foot through that ball and Chair and Willock don’t play silly buggers by the corner flag and that would have been a win.

Still on course for 16th I think.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024