Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrys excuse 15:29 - Feb 25 with 6951 viewsqprichard

PAUL WARBURTON

QPR boss blames failed transfer deals
25 Feb 2014 10:00

Redknapp rues missing out on top January targets

Too expensive: QPR pulled the plug on a deal for Inter Milan striker Ishak Belfodil

Harry Redknapp reckons two that got away in the transfer window have cost QPR dear.

Rangers are winless in the last four with stories circulating Michael Laudrup is waiting in the wings to take the 66-year-old manager’s job, although Redknapp remains confident his position isn't under threat.

The outlay that includes £8milllion for crocked Charlie Austin and Matt Phillips along with the club’s ambitions for an instant return to the Premier League would be a poor return if they were marooned in the Championship for another season.

Rangers mustered not a single shot on target during the 1-0 defeat to Charlton on Saturday, with Redknapp insisting all strikers signed before the deadline were a ‘gamble.’

The club was hoping to land Serie A hotshot Ishak Belfodil and Auxerre star Paul-Georges Ntep.

Neither deal happened demanding last-minute wheeler dealing for Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Will Keane (Manchester United) and Modibo Maiga (West Ham) that has produced just three goals in four games from the trio.

At the double: Doyle has scored twice in four games

“Everything we did in the transfer window was a gamble," said Redknapp.

"We thought we had the boy from Milan coming and the left-winger from Auxerre who looked like a world-beater — and suddenly they don’t come, and then you're left scrambling about.”

www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-blames-failed-transfer-6740496?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"F1 and the English league are phenomenally successful sports watched around the world. That’s a huge captive market. Having AirAsia and Tune Hotels beamed straight into people’s homes is more powerful than putting out a print ad.”
“Sport helps to put the Tune out there. Branding impacts the bottom line, even if you can’t measure it. The aura of our brand has attracted a lot of partnerships and sports is a large part of that aura.” - QPR Chairman, Tony Fernandes on owning QPR and Caterham
Harrys excuse on 15:37 - Feb 25 with 4486 viewsJuzzie

Yeah, (one or two aside) 'cos all the other signings have worked out so well, haven't they.

Personally I'm glad we didn't spend big, our track record has been appalling and I can't see it changing for the better any time soon. Just throwing more money at the problem hoping it will change. Isn't that the defination of insanity?

edit: on top of that, what's the point in having a gazillion strikers or ones that cost the earth if we have no supply line? We could have Messi upfront but without getting him the ball, not a lot he could do.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 15:41]
Harrys excuse on 15:45 - Feb 25 with 4428 viewssimmo

You can be sure of one thing, if Harry goes and we fail to achieve what we set out to this season, it will in absolutely no way shape or form have anything to do with Harry.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harrys excuse on 15:54 - Feb 25 with 4378 viewsFDC

Operator
Harrys excuse on 15:59 - Feb 25 with 4352 viewsAntti_Heinola

With each passing day I fall a bit more in to the 'get him out now' camp. This is verging on the pathetic.

Bare bones.

Harrys excuse on 16:02 - Feb 25 with 4330 viewsQPR1882

So it has nothing to do with Harry, makes a change
Harrys excuse on 16:14 - Feb 25 with 4271 viewsA40Bosh

This is not a Harry defense reply, but where in the article does Redknapp actually blame anything in particular on not getting his primary targets?
QPR boss blames failed transfer deals - For what?

Where does it show a particular question that he was making a direct response to when he is quoted as saying.

"We thought we had the boy from Milan coming and the left-winger from Auxerre who looked like a world-beater — and suddenly they don’t come, and then you're left scrambling about.”

The rest of that article is merely the writer building a story around a quote to suit quote.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Harrys excuse on 16:18 - Feb 25 with 4251 viewsdaveB

Harrys excuse on 16:14 - Feb 25 by A40Bosh

This is not a Harry defense reply, but where in the article does Redknapp actually blame anything in particular on not getting his primary targets?
QPR boss blames failed transfer deals - For what?

Where does it show a particular question that he was making a direct response to when he is quoted as saying.

The rest of that article is merely the writer building a story around a quote to suit quote.

he doesn't but the headline and waffle by Warburton makes it sounds like that's what he said.

It's taken from the talksport interview
Harrys excuse on 16:22 - Feb 25 with 4226 viewsRangersDave

'everything we did in the transfer window was a gamble'!

No Harry, I'd didn't have to be. Others recognised who they wanted and got them in the first week.
Players could have been brought in if they were of quality (I personally would have got Rhodes in from Blackburn), but you didn't.

You pontificated then said you don't do the deals. Maybe not but you should push, push and push again, those that do to get the players in.

Simply put YOU FAILED and need to go and go NOW!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

Harrys excuse on 16:34 - Feb 25 with 4157 viewsA40Bosh

Harrys excuse on 16:22 - Feb 25 by RangersDave

'everything we did in the transfer window was a gamble'!

No Harry, I'd didn't have to be. Others recognised who they wanted and got them in the first week.
Players could have been brought in if they were of quality (I personally would have got Rhodes in from Blackburn), but you didn't.

You pontificated then said you don't do the deals. Maybe not but you should push, push and push again, those that do to get the players in.

Simply put YOU FAILED and need to go and go NOW!

Dave,

I am sorry, but saying "I would have got Rhodes in" is ridiculous - no you wouldn't, because Rhodes like loads of other players would not come to QPR without his agent pushing for a totally unrealistic wage that TF and PB would not sanction in any case and that is the whole point of them locking the gate after the horse has bolted.

I not defending Harry, but I get the impression that people would rather believe the headlines every time that no one in the entire club knows what they are doing and that as a result we are bordering on a second straight relegation the ways things are now going having lost a 3rd consecutive game.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Harrys excuse on 16:41 - Feb 25 with 4116 viewsJigsore

What does the failure of signing some unknown quantities from other countries have to do with conceding 6 goals in 2 games at home?

Is he saying it's Kevin Doyle, who in fairness to him has 2 in 3 games, fault that the midfield was so immensely sh*te on Saturday? That Maiga's presence prevented those 11 players from forming anything with a resemblance to a cohesive team?

of course it probably helps if you try signing anyone before Jan the 31st. Harry does not come out well in this article, not one bit.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Harrys excuse on 17:21 - Feb 25 with 4028 viewsdaveB

Harrys excuse on 16:41 - Feb 25 by Jigsore

What does the failure of signing some unknown quantities from other countries have to do with conceding 6 goals in 2 games at home?

Is he saying it's Kevin Doyle, who in fairness to him has 2 in 3 games, fault that the midfield was so immensely sh*te on Saturday? That Maiga's presence prevented those 11 players from forming anything with a resemblance to a cohesive team?

of course it probably helps if you try signing anyone before Jan the 31st. Harry does not come out well in this article, not one bit.

if you listen to the whole interview from talksport with the question as well in context it shows that this articvle is complete and utter bollocks
Harrys excuse on 17:35 - Feb 25 with 3989 viewsheadhoops

Harrys excuse on 17:21 - Feb 25 by daveB

if you listen to the whole interview from talksport with the question as well in context it shows that this articvle is complete and utter bollocks

as has been Harrys managerial expertise since the transfer window shut.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Harrys excuse on 17:37 - Feb 25 with 3973 viewsA40Bosh

As is most of what is written in the "press" tends to be.
No facts, just a slant, an angle, an agenda, call it what you want.
As my old man say - paper never refused ink (non electronic age saying obviously)

Harrys excuse on 17:41 - Feb 25 with 3948 viewsNorthernr

Well it's certainly very trumped up when you actually look at the three lines of quote, but it's fairly typical of Redknapp, and QPR, to believe that the actual problem is they weren't able to make even more signings than the half dozen they managed.
Harrys excuse on 17:42 - Feb 25 with 3937 viewssimmo

It doesnt detract from the very good point Jigsore makes, that signing 2 unknown quantities has nothing to do with conceding 6 goals in the last 2 home games. Or taking 21 points from a possible 42 since January. Or performing disgracefully against inferior opposition on a number of occasions this season.

Regardless of this article he is doing what he always does, using his mates in the media to detract attention away from his own failings. Taking no accountability for the shite performance of HIS team.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harrys excuse on 17:47 - Feb 25 with 3908 viewsDoughnut

Non of this crap matters. If HIS Team was hacking it on the pitch every Saturday, there'd be no problem. But it isn't is it!!
Harrys excuse on 17:52 - Feb 25 with 3894 viewsA40Bosh

Harrys excuse on 17:41 - Feb 25 by Northernr

Well it's certainly very trumped up when you actually look at the three lines of quote, but it's fairly typical of Redknapp, and QPR, to believe that the actual problem is they weren't able to make even more signings than the half dozen they managed.

I agree with that North,

But to add a little balance, the way some people go on about the transfer failure on here it's as if they assume that there must be an Argos Catalogue for players circulated to the clubs the month before a window opens that lists all the players that the clubs want to, or are willing to, let go during the next window and what the price is and the clubs just decide who they want, place one call to the club in question and the deal is done and dusted and the player is then available from collection point B in 4mins.

It's not as if Harry, TF and PB sit down in their office and thumb through the catalogue and Harry says, "can I have 'im Tone?" and TF looks at the transfer price and the weekly
wages quote and shakes his head and flicks back a couple of pages to the cheap and nasty section again.

I said I was not going to come on here again this week after avoiding it last week.

Harrys excuse on 18:09 - Feb 25 with 3835 viewsstansleftfoot

Harry Redknapp is playing the wounded soldier, he has a squad of Internationals who have consistently failed to bring their experience, football knowledge, professionalism to The Championship.
He would and will continue to argue that the form is down to injury, a failure to sign players, and a lack of goal scorers.
All of these difficulties are the responsibility of a Clubs Manager.
This leopard will never change his spots, Redknapp hasn't even got the cojones to accept he's signed a contract until the end of next season. He is saying that he's not thought about next year.
The man is a fraud, other posters say Zola might come in IF we lose against Leeds. Why, Bother waiting, Harry has given now reassurances, his management does not lend confidence to a change in form. He and is Coaches say they don't know why this is happening.
David Dein finally saw through Harry's bluster, fluster, and bull, we should too and get rid.
It will need changing when Harry goes....so change it now!
Harrys excuse on 18:54 - Feb 25 with 3725 viewsted_hendrix

The
starting line up on the 26th December at NF was an utter joke, especially up front, the whole world knew for Months that if Charlie Austin got injured we were boloxed in the scoring department, it had been that way since the end of the August 2013 deadline.
The striker issue was never addressed.
More junkfood from our manager.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Harrys excuse on 19:34 - Feb 25 with 3615 viewsbosh67

At the very least we didn't get hot with the 'big spending Rangers' tag after the last transfer window.

Instead the press have opted for zero spending QPR blow promotion line.

It's quite refreshing really. Perhaps we should go the whole hog and loan in a manager? Emergency 3 month contract.

There are quite a few disaffected Fulham fans. We could loan them in too.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Harrys excuse on 19:34 - Feb 25 with 3610 viewskysersosaqpr

Harrys excuse on 15:37 - Feb 25 by Juzzie

Yeah, (one or two aside) 'cos all the other signings have worked out so well, haven't they.

Personally I'm glad we didn't spend big, our track record has been appalling and I can't see it changing for the better any time soon. Just throwing more money at the problem hoping it will change. Isn't that the defination of insanity?

edit: on top of that, what's the point in having a gazillion strikers or ones that cost the earth if we have no supply line? We could have Messi upfront but without getting him the ball, not a lot he could do.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 15:41]

People on the site were going on that we should play with two strikers. We've done that and gone down the plug hole. We're not getting ball to the front because we are getting over run in midfield with toilet not performing, we usually only have three midfielders. Get back to 4-5-1 ( we have got loads of midfielders and bugger all up front) and we would bolster up again.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Harrys excuse on 19:39 - Feb 25 with 3598 viewsRanger78

Harrys excuse on 16:34 - Feb 25 by A40Bosh

Dave,

I am sorry, but saying "I would have got Rhodes in" is ridiculous - no you wouldn't, because Rhodes like loads of other players would not come to QPR without his agent pushing for a totally unrealistic wage that TF and PB would not sanction in any case and that is the whole point of them locking the gate after the horse has bolted.

I not defending Harry, but I get the impression that people would rather believe the headlines every time that no one in the entire club knows what they are doing and that as a result we are bordering on a second straight relegation the ways things are now going having lost a 3rd consecutive game.

He could have gone for Wells and Banford though... Possibly both?? They are both scoring?

Or here is a radical idea for the highest paid manager in the division...... he could have started the season with a squad that included more than one first choice striker???

I think this interview is Harry just starting his customary line of excuses well in advance... This kind of thing is all about him saying "it wasn't my fault" should it all go wrong.
Harrys excuse on 08:13 - Feb 26 with 3301 viewswhittocksRs

Two players he should have signed on loan during the transfer window that were neither risks nor expensive:

Maynard (went to Wigan)
Bamford (Derby)

No excuses for me, chasing unproven Europeans meant he missed out on the best deals at home.
Harrys excuse on 08:59 - Feb 26 with 3237 viewsDANRANGER

Harrys excuse on 08:13 - Feb 26 by whittocksRs

Two players he should have signed on loan during the transfer window that were neither risks nor expensive:

Maynard (went to Wigan)
Bamford (Derby)

No excuses for me, chasing unproven Europeans meant he missed out on the best deals at home.

my concern is that we went all in for Ntep and didn't have a back up option and therefore panicked on the last day. We seem to have zero scouting and should we somehow manage to turn our form around and go up what are we to expect next season?? Darren fcuking Bent!! same old same old.

it will never happen but Southampton have shown the way to ensure stability by investing in youth. Agreed they are years ahead of us and TF see's this happening in the future but why not build the basis of a team now and actually be ready to compete in the PL when we go up. If we go up this year we will struggle again.
Harrys excuse on 08:59 - Feb 26 with 3237 viewsstuabd

Good point. Decent players that at least have some impact when they come on. They know the division, which is important.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024