Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager 10:47 - May 13 with 11792 viewsMaggsinho

Meaning that Ramsey is to be named first team coach?

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 13:38 - May 13 with 3721 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 12:16 - May 13 by Antti_Heinola

Almost every job in football coaching is given on a who-you-know basis sadly. Although how many of us actually know if he's any good or not, or are we all reacting badly to that blog the other day?

It is a predictable response to be honest.
Depressingly predictable.
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 13:45 - May 13 with 3689 viewsandygg

Oh great, just what we need, another Spurs reject.
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 13:50 - May 13 with 3663 viewsNov77

Aren't we lucky that the very best candidates for these roles just happen to be personal mates of les? What are the odds?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 13:55 - May 13 with 3644 viewsDejR_vu

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 13:50 - May 13 by Nov77

Aren't we lucky that the very best candidates for these roles just happen to be personal mates of les? What are the odds?

Incredible odds. He should buy a lottery ticket.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 14:02 - May 13 with 3624 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 11:55 - May 13 by CamberleyR

You're thinking of Perry Digweed.

Digweed

Suckling

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 14:39 - May 13 with 3554 viewsJonDoeman

Welcome to QPR Perry!!

It Is What It Is !!

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 15:21 - May 13 with 3511 viewsbosh67

Impossible to pass judgement on the poor guy before he's even started. However, I am surprised that appointments are being made before the playing system required has been completely agreed on. However, coaches across all levels is an essential move.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 18:07 - May 13 with 3387 viewsToast_R

He was pants for Palace but could still be a decent coach I guess.
Remember Steve McMahon chipping him in that 9-0 defeat. That was some goal.
Login to get fewer ads

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 18:15 - May 13 with 3369 viewsRangersDave

So who the Fcuk is making these appointments, and what experience does he have to do so?

I'm betting it's either the Rams shortlist or Les's.

Either way WTF
Surely a new manager should do this? Which means that irrespective of every bodies thoughts regarding this, Big Tone has gone for the guy with a worse record than Ferdinand, and who has contributed ( notice I say contributed) to our relegation.

Anyone seeing our last 12 games including Saturday can see he's not the guy for Rangers.
Playing better or even well is subjective, but winning matches is not. You either win or you don't, full stop!

So, we are going the cheap and crappy route to rebuilding then? Mind you I've never been to Hartlepool or Southport grounds.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 18:21 - May 13 with 3362 viewsfrancisbowles

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 15:21 - May 13 by bosh67

Impossible to pass judgement on the poor guy before he's even started. However, I am surprised that appointments are being made before the playing system required has been completely agreed on. However, coaches across all levels is an essential move.

With Les having been in the club for about six months we don't know what plans he has put in place for the future and we don't know with certainty what he has done or been responsible for so far.

He probably has and will make mistakes. Who doesn't!

Not having a dig at you Bosh or anyone else but can't we give the guy a bit of trust
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 18:41 - May 13 with 3326 viewsBklynRanger

I just finished Dave McIntyre saying the Academy is looking at being downgraded to Category 3. And we've now got a former goal keeping mate of Ramsey and Les to oversee it.

Why does Steve Gallen never get this job and why do I never remember what Steve Gallen's job title is anyway?
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 19:00 - May 13 with 3290 viewsfrancisbowles

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 18:41 - May 13 by BklynRanger

I just finished Dave McIntyre saying the Academy is looking at being downgraded to Category 3. And we've now got a former goal keeping mate of Ramsey and Les to oversee it.

Why does Steve Gallen never get this job and why do I never remember what Steve Gallen's job title is anyway?

Wasn't Steve Gallen promoted from U18 to EDS manager when Birch left?
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 19:25 - May 13 with 3251 viewsBklynRanger

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 19:00 - May 13 by francisbowles

If you say so mate. I wonder if he wanted this job? I'd love to figure out what's going on there.
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 20:10 - May 13 with 3181 viewsSomersetHoops

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 11:16 - May 13 by SimonJames

Exactly! Surely there are folk at the Southampton academy that are worth looking at?
Or perhaps, at this point in time, nobody in their right mind would join QPR?

Too right, someone already at the top of their game would not come to QPR, so lets get back to the real world and hope this guy has potential to do a good job for us instead of slagging off every attempt to move the club forward.

At the moment it seems our players are crap, our facilities are crap our youngsters are crap, our Dof is crap our owners are crap and our manager is crap according to many people on here. If we really believe that is true we have no hope of any improvement. I prefer to think that if the people we have can work together and make the right decisions (for a change) we can salvage something that will eventually be good and recover the essence of what QPR once was and can be again.

Who's Next?

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 20:16 - May 13 with 3168 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 18:15 - May 13 by RangersDave

So who the Fcuk is making these appointments, and what experience does he have to do so?

I'm betting it's either the Rams shortlist or Les's.

Either way WTF
Surely a new manager should do this? Which means that irrespective of every bodies thoughts regarding this, Big Tone has gone for the guy with a worse record than Ferdinand, and who has contributed ( notice I say contributed) to our relegation.

Anyone seeing our last 12 games including Saturday can see he's not the guy for Rangers.
Playing better or even well is subjective, but winning matches is not. You either win or you don't, full stop!

So, we are going the cheap and crappy route to rebuilding then? Mind you I've never been to Hartlepool or Southport grounds.

I don't think the manager should be anywhere near the appointment process for long-term jobs like this. we had that with Hughes and Rigg and the we had to completely rebuild when Hughes left.

Appointing non-first team staff should definitely be Ferdinand's job, and I'm glad he's doing it. Whether Suckling is any good or not, I don't know. I also have the feeling that no matter who our DoF was he'd be appointing someone he'd worked with before.

As for the concerns (by other posters) that Suckling was a goalie during his playing careers, I don't see that as an issue. Many goalies have made the transition - Dino Zoff, ahm Peter Shilton and...ahm....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 20:35 - May 13 with 3015 viewshamptonhillhoop

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 20:16 - May 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think the manager should be anywhere near the appointment process for long-term jobs like this. we had that with Hughes and Rigg and the we had to completely rebuild when Hughes left.

Appointing non-first team staff should definitely be Ferdinand's job, and I'm glad he's doing it. Whether Suckling is any good or not, I don't know. I also have the feeling that no matter who our DoF was he'd be appointing someone he'd worked with before.

As for the concerns (by other posters) that Suckling was a goalie during his playing careers, I don't see that as an issue. Many goalies have made the transition - Dino Zoff, ahm Peter Shilton and...ahm....

Mike Walker!
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 22:01 - May 13 with 2918 viewsDorse

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 19:00 - May 13 by francisbowles

Enormous Donkey Sanctuary? Sounds about right.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 22:55 - May 13 with 2841 viewsolderR

If I started a new job I think it likely I would recruit people I had worked with, not because they were "old pals" but because I knew they could do the job I wanted.
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 03:48 - May 14 with 2714 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Why don't we appoint people who have had connections to the club previously?
Why was Steve Gallen not given this role?
What about Terry Fenwick? David Bardsley?
Why not bring the other Gallens back - Kevin and Joe
Get Kenny Jackett in (as manager)
People who might actually care about QPR - not another Spurs reject
I can see the same mistakes being made time after time.
We're stuffed
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 04:38 - May 14 with 2707 viewsFDC

Why don't we appoint people who have had connections to the club previously?

Like Les Ferdinand?
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 05:00 - May 14 with 2698 viewssuperhoopdownunder

sorry we need more than Les
He seems to be bringing his Tottenham mates with him rather than Rangers people
Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 07:01 - May 14 with 2666 viewsDWQPR

Remember this thread from a couple of days ago which provided a link to a rather depressing article about the academy and warned then that we would be more than likely appointing Perry Suckling from Spuds academy next. The article has now been pulled.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/145760/qprs-academ

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Perry Suckling - New Academy Manager on 07:50 - May 14 with 2617 viewsSpiritofGregory

More rejects from Spurs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024