Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Neville 22:54 - Feb 3 with 9560 viewsRSoul

Lost 7-0 to Barca in the cup first leg, not won a league game. What would Gary the commentator, be saying about Gary the manager.

Gary Neville on 22:56 - Feb 3 with 8065 viewsNorthernr

He'd be saying he took on way too much, way too soon. Massive job, massive expectations, with very little managerial experience, in a foreign country, where he doesn't speak the language. And he'd be right. It was an impulsive, stupid thing for him to do and it'll take a good few humble years to recover his reputation.

Flying into heathrow in the morning, I'll see him there.
Gary Neville on 23:01 - Feb 3 with 8047 viewsRSoul

Wow, I can actually near his voice, when reading that.
Excellent as always.
Gary Neville on 23:20 - Feb 3 with 8005 viewsTacticalR

At least Valencia almost got a goal...

'Daniel Parejo headed over as the visitors had a rare glimpse at goal'.

Air hostess clique

Gary Neville on 23:22 - Feb 3 with 7988 viewsLblock

I think he'd say .... "Nevilles got a problem here...... he's no idea... he's struggling... you just cant perform like that in the modern game" And cut to a stupid screen with arrows, heat maps, touches and number of boiled eggs consumed per day player ratios

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Gary Neville on 23:44 - Feb 3 with 7953 viewsted_hendrix

He's no more a football Manager than I am.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gary Neville on 23:46 - Feb 3 with 7947 viewsozexile

It was always going to end badly.
Gary Neville on 00:07 - Feb 4 with 7891 viewsBasingstokeR

Gary Neville on 08:23 - Feb 4 with 7619 viewsconnell10

What a tit!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Neville on 08:38 - Feb 4 with 7588 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Gary Neville on 09:42 - Feb 4 with 7500 viewsJuzzie

He is a good pundit I think but it just goes to show that anyone can stand in a studio with benefits of slo-mo replays from a dozen angles and tell everyone what should have happened. Doesn't mean you can be a good manager.

Equally, failed managers shouldn't really be pundits either.
Gary Neville on 10:20 - Feb 4 with 7414 viewsQPunkR

Gary Neville on 00:07 - Feb 4 by BasingstokeR

Ha, brilliant!

QPR - "shit but local"

Gary Neville on 10:29 - Feb 4 with 7391 viewsMonahoop

Probably carried a reputation as a winner as he was in the Man Utd side under Ferguson that won trophy after trophy. Someone hyped him up and thought he must be good as a result. Playing for a successful side or being a reasonable pundit doesn't guarantee good managerial skills. Any way most foootball pundits are piss. Just folk loaded with their own 'I know better' opinions.
Should have stuck with the running of Salford City and worked his way up.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Gary Neville on 10:40 - Feb 4 with 7343 viewspaulparker

also Is it me or is Phil Neville morphing into Phil Neal ? watching him on the bench with that gormless expression reminded me of that programme with turnip taylor

the good thing about Gary getting the sack is that we wont have to put up with "JT" or fat boy Frank doing the Monday night football

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Gary Neville on 12:07 - Feb 4 with 7212 viewsTacticalR

Gary Neville on 09:42 - Feb 4 by Juzzie

He is a good pundit I think but it just goes to show that anyone can stand in a studio with benefits of slo-mo replays from a dozen angles and tell everyone what should have happened. Doesn't mean you can be a good manager.

Equally, failed managers shouldn't really be pundits either.

I don't know if you have any particular failed managers in mind, but as pundits they do less harm than they do as managers, and can also be kept under close surveillance.

'tell everyone what should have happened' Yes, it's much harder to predict the future than to predict the past.

Air hostess clique

Gary Neville on 13:14 - Feb 4 with 7111 viewsR_from_afar

Gary Neville on 23:20 - Feb 3 by TacticalR

At least Valencia almost got a goal...

'Daniel Parejo headed over as the visitors had a rare glimpse at goal'.

Ah, Daniel Parejo: His Dutch twin town is Leroy Fer. Apparently.

I saw one of his cameos vs Brum City. He looked classy but a total luxury player, barely breaking into a sweat. Plus ca change...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Gary Neville on 15:17 - Mar 4 with 6756 viewsFredManRave

He's seems to be turning thinsg around after thta dreadful start and he certainly got a helping hand on Wednesday;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Gary Neville on 17:26 - Mar 30 with 6315 viewsTacticalR

Gary Neville sacked by Valencia after less than four months
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/30/gary-neville-leaves-valencia-imm

Air hostess clique

Gary Neville on 18:11 - Mar 30 with 6251 viewsSimonJames

Gary Neville on 17:26 - Mar 30 by TacticalR

Gary Neville sacked by Valencia after less than four months
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/30/gary-neville-leaves-valencia-imm

Ridiculous that he was ever in the job.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Gary Neville on 18:27 - Mar 30 with 6224 viewskarl

Until Andy Gray got caught off camera he was the wise one who chose his career path well.
Was offered (already in it if i remember right) the number 2 position at Everton under Walter Smith but gave it up to be an analyst on Sky, he was criticised for chucking away a lucrative career but he said all along that he was going to a secure position where he wouldnt be at the mercy of the sack culture in football, how right he was and also so stupid for chucking it away.
He's probably doing ok but not so high profile to us i suppose but Neville will have a bit of a job on his hands to make his comments seem credible now, he'll probably blame the language/culture differences.
Gary Neville on 18:49 - Mar 30 with 6183 viewsPunteR

I don't see it as an issue him taking the job on. He got offered it and he took the challenge on. It didn't work out but Its not as if he wont get a job in punditry again. He might struggle getting another managers job ,than again he played for united so probably would.
He probably did the right thing managing abroad as it was pretty low key until the 7-0 drubbing. He would have got more pelters going straight into a premiership club that's for sure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gary Neville on 19:01 - Mar 30 with 6164 viewsBrightonhoop

Is in partnership with Valencias owner on Salford.....seens to be how he was offered the job. Anyway.......'Pako joined the club as assistant coach in February in a move that Neville insisted was his decision.

"I'm the head coach of Valencia, I will be the head coach of Valencia for the rest of this season. If I leave, Pako will leave. He's come to be part of my coaching staff," Neville said at the time.'
Gary Neville on 19:26 - Mar 30 with 6125 viewsToast_R

Don't see its a big deal really. He challenged himself to have a go at something and it didn't work out for whatever reason. Lessons learned he'll move on from it. Shearer made a hash of the Newcastle job and took them down, but he's still playing the pundit on MOTD.

Clough only lasted a month at Leeds but look at what he went on to achieve.

If at first you don't succeed...
Gary Neville on 20:38 - Mar 30 with 6054 viewsMonahoop

Gary Neville on 19:26 - Mar 30 by Toast_R

Don't see its a big deal really. He challenged himself to have a go at something and it didn't work out for whatever reason. Lessons learned he'll move on from it. Shearer made a hash of the Newcastle job and took them down, but he's still playing the pundit on MOTD.

Clough only lasted a month at Leeds but look at what he went on to achieve.

If at first you don't succeed...

Clough was a success at Derby before his ill timed stint at Leeds. It was almost as though Cloughie went out of his way to screw things up at Leeds, at least it seemed that way at the time, after their iffy success under Revie, a man who made Redknapp look a light weight on the crook scale of things. And remember, Clough was as hopeless at Brighton, another project he seemed less than keen on at the time. But then to Forest with his old mucker Taylor and the rest was history.

It's unlikely we will ever witness another rise and fall, fall and rise story in English football again like that and there certainly aren't the characters around in the sport any more like old Brian.

Gary Neville on 20:57 - Mar 30 with 6015 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hard job to turn down though I'd imagine.

Bury or Valencia? I don't think Bury even has a fruit named after it.
Gary Neville on 21:04 - Mar 30 with 6000 viewsMonahoop

Gary Neville on 20:57 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hard job to turn down though I'd imagine.

Bury or Valencia? I don't think Bury even has a fruit named after it.

Blackbury, raspbury........??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024