Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday 18:13 - Aug 24 with 4888 viewsfrancisbowles

Perch, Lynch and Hall injured, Caulker, Furlong, Robinson and Baptiste all have confidence shot to pieces after Tuesday and Bidwell was very poor when we tried him at cb before. Don't know what Goss is up to these days?

So it's Ned and? and ?
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:16 - Aug 24 with 3941 viewsdaveB

Ned, Baptise and Caulker can all play if we go with a back 3 with Bidwell and Pavel as wing backs.

One bad game shouldn't mean we just write people off
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:25 - Aug 24 with 3922 viewssimmo

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:16 - Aug 24 by daveB

Ned, Baptise and Caulker can all play if we go with a back 3 with Bidwell and Pavel as wing backs.

Well neither Caulker or Baptiste can do any worse and both should definitely be improved with Chief alongside them. Plus away to Cardiff we might set up a little different with the usual suspects coming back in and playing the high tempo pressing game, hopefully that means playing more as a unit with less pressure on the defenders. It's also a game with far less expectation, so that should help and we usually do better in those circumstances.

All that being said thank fck for the intl break, I usually hate them but we really need this one, hopefully Hall will be back, that should help a lot.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:35 - Aug 24 with 3905 viewsqprichard

Sign Clint Hill on a weekly contract, he was training with Chesterfield until last week so should have some fitness.
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:41 - Aug 24 with 3882 viewsAntti_Heinola

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:35 - Aug 24 by qprichard

Sign Clint Hill on a weekly contract, he was training with Chesterfield until last week so should have some fitness.

This isn't an awful idea you know. A deal until Jan would not be bad. We do need someone else with this many injuries.

Bare bones.

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:44 - Aug 24 with 3870 viewsted_hendrix

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:35 - Aug 24 by qprichard

Clint Hill is older than Dagenham Steve.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:55 - Aug 24 with 3847 viewsenfieldargh

Clint living in Liverpool.

Any news on Scowen after Perch clattered him. Heard he hobbled out of HQ on Saturday

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 19:07 - Aug 24 with 3814 viewsDorse

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:55 - Aug 24 by enfieldargh

Any news on Scowen after Perch clattered him. Heard he hobbled out of HQ on Saturday

Last seen muttering darkly, carving a Perch voodoo doll out of the bones of an albino goat. But, you know, he's fine, it's all just banter.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 19:10 - Aug 24 with 3806 viewsToast_R

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:55 - Aug 24 by enfieldargh

He can lodge at mine if he likes. Babysit on a friday night for me and the Mrs - Everyones a winner.
Login to get fewer ads

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 19:14 - Aug 24 with 3795 viewsBushRanger82

Don't know what anybody else will be doing, but I will be praying for the first time in many a moon.
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 19:27 - Aug 24 with 3757 viewskensalriser

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:41 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

This isn't an awful idea you know. A deal until Jan would not be bad. We do need someone else with this many injuries.

I'd prefer we didn't get anyone else what that many injuries!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 19:34 - Aug 24 with 3744 viewsTripleR

Furlong Ned Baptiste Bidwell
Sorted!
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 20:21 - Aug 24 with 3661 viewsHunterhoop

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 18:16 - Aug 24 by daveB

I genuinely don't know how you can propose playing Caulker after Tues. He was awful. He looked months off being match sharp and match fit. And it sends the wrong message to the youth.

I'd play a back 3 for consistency, and I'd play Chris Paul or Giles Phillips alongside Ned and Baptiste.

If we keep a clean sheet, Ned deserves a medal.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 20:27]
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 20:27 - Aug 24 with 3647 viewsOldPedro

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 20:21 - Aug 24 by Hunterhoop

I genuinely don't know how you can propose playing Caulker after Tues. He was awful. He looked months off being match sharp and match fit. And it sends the wrong message to the youth.

I'd play a back 3 for consistency, and I'd play Chris Paul or Giles Phillips alongside Ned and Baptiste.

Totally agree with this but I think that Holloway will play Caulker

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 20:34 - Aug 24 with 3633 viewsHunterhoop

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 20:27 - Aug 24 by OldPedro

I think he will too.

And if Caulker has a stormer and we play brilliantly, the great.

I just think that's highly unlikely, and I think picking him sends all the wrong signals and damages youth team development in the long run.

We talk about pathways to the first team for our youth players. Caulker was rightfully next in line based on career, but he put himself to the back of the queue on Tues. The young centre halves would have been watching on Tues. They will have seen all the basic errors he made. They will rightfully think they could have done better.

With all our injuries, it should be next player off the rank. Keep the same system the rest of the squad are comfortable with, and it should be easier for them to fit in and not get exposed.
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 20:37 - Aug 24 with 3626 viewsRs_Holy

Time for the scouts to earn their corn and get us a Prem loaner for a month or two
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 22:24 - Aug 24 with 3490 viewsFDC

Looking to bring a defender in before end of the window according to WLS, and deal for Smyth agreed

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/deal-agreed-forward-join-qpr/amp
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 22:26 - Aug 24 with 3483 viewsOldPedro

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 20:34 - Aug 24 by Hunterhoop

I think he will too.

And if Caulker has a stormer and we play brilliantly, the great.

I just think that's highly unlikely, and I think picking him sends all the wrong signals and damages youth team development in the long run.

We talk about pathways to the first team for our youth players. Caulker was rightfully next in line based on career, but he put himself to the back of the queue on Tues. The young centre halves would have been watching on Tues. They will have seen all the basic errors he made. They will rightfully think they could have done better.

With all our injuries, it should be next player off the rank. Keep the same system the rest of the squad are comfortable with, and it should be easier for them to fit in and not get exposed.

I think it would be great if we give young players a chance to cover the centreback position however according to West London Sport, "QPR are looking to bring in a defender before next Thursday’s transfer deadline following the news that James Perch faces several months on the sidelines with a knee injury. "

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/deal-agreed-forward-join-qpr

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 22:32 - Aug 24 with 3469 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us. 0-0 would suit both sides.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 09:53 - Aug 25 with 3257 viewsterryb

I've had a dream!

The team will be:-

Smithies
Baptiste, Onuoha, Bidwell
Wszolek, Luongo, Scowen, Freeman, Manning
Mackie, Washington

I woke up before the match started, so i don't know the score!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 9:54]
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 10:35 - Aug 25 with 3208 viewsWatford_Ranger

I'd give Bidwell a try again at left CB if it's a three, which I think it should be.

Failing that, put Smith there and hope they play long ball to Hoilett.
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 10:40 - Aug 25 with 3197 viewspaulparker

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 20:27 - Aug 24 by OldPedro

if he plays caulker then Olly has lost me , he should never play for us again after Wednesday night , we would be better off playing a traffic cone at centre back
id rather we play a youngster or perhaps play matt smith at the back with Ned

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 10:43 - Aug 25 with 3187 viewsheadhoops

Smithies
Baptiste, Onuoha, Robinson
Mackie, Washington

Bench - Sylla, Furlong, Smith, Bidwell, Eze-Chair.

Just a pity that the Perchinator wont have an opportunity to decapitate David Hoilett.
Junior is bound to score you just know he will cut inside and fid the top corner with a screamer...........

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 10:48 - Aug 25 with 3175 viewsWatford_Ranger

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 10:43 - Aug 25 by headhoops

Smithies
Baptiste, Onuoha, Robinson
Mackie, Washington

Bench - Sylla, Furlong, Smith, Bidwell, Eze-Chair.

Just a pity that the Perchinator wont have an opportunity to decapitate David Hoilett.
Junior is bound to score you just know he will cut inside and fid the top corner with a screamer...........

I can imagine a situation where Holloway spends an hour in the dressing room shouting in Bristolian at a bemused Wzolek about not showing Hoilett inside followed by him ripping us to pieces in the acre of space between wing-back and centre-half.

I woudn't go as far as wanting him injured but I would like see Onuoha put one on him early.
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 11:05 - Aug 25 with 3155 viewsstevec

The way Caulker was getting pushed around on Tuesday I'd be surprised if he'd be back for some time and certainly not against a Warnock side
What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 11:17 - Aug 25 with 3123 viewsdaveB

What are we going to do for a defence on Saturday on 20:21 - Aug 24 by Hunterhoop

He was poor but we don't really have anyone else unless we stick a kid in or play a flat back four. Caulker wasn't helped by having the two full backs high up the pitch leaving him with no protection out wide and very little in front of him. That's no excuse for some of the things he did but for a man who is clearly fragile small things like that have a big impact on him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024