Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Colombia 10:40 - Jul 2 with 24248 viewsElHoop

This is the one - well if we lose we go home but if we can put them away in some sort of style then we really are in this thing with a chance now. I have a feeling that this will be one of the games of the tournament - a typical classic England World Cup game. I can't predict the outcome - it's going to be hell to watch I think - but maybe this could be the day when Dele Alli really delivers for England.
England v Colombia on 22:45 - Jul 3 with 2325 viewsBloomsburyR

So well deserved..
Such mental quality having dominated the 90 minutes, then not getting anyting in extra time, then missing first in the shootout, and still winning.
First ever World cup shootout win.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 22:45]
England v Colombia on 22:45 - Jul 3 with 2323 viewsderbyhoop

England v Colombia on 22:21 - Jul 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought Stirling was ok as well, terrible decision to take him off.

I thought Sterling did a decent job, closing down defenders. But he didn't offer much going forward.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England v Colombia on 22:46 - Jul 3 with 2315 viewsHunterhoop

England v Colombia on 22:19 - Jul 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Stirling and Ali were poor

Are you on a wind up?

Sterling was up there as one best players until he went off! He was our best attacking outlet and his movement was far superior to anyone else’s. Always offering.

Maguire was my MotM.

Dier was absolutely pony from when he came on. Constantly giving the back away and did he make a tackle? His pen was pretty ropey too. But it went in, thank god.

Alli was a passenger too. Young and Trippier did well. Kane was great unti about 75 when he completely ran out of steam.
England v Colombia on 22:51 - Jul 3 with 2289 views2Thomas2Bowles

Stirling is Englands Washington

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

England v Colombia on 22:53 - Jul 3 with 2285 viewsrichranger

Not quite the right result - but picked the winning team :>)

England v Colombia on 22:53 - Jul 3 with 2281 viewsBlackCrowe

England v Colombia on 22:46 - Jul 3 by Hunterhoop

Are you on a wind up?

Sterling was up there as one best players until he went off! He was our best attacking outlet and his movement was far superior to anyone else’s. Always offering.

Maguire was my MotM.

Dier was absolutely pony from when he came on. Constantly giving the back away and did he make a tackle? His pen was pretty ropey too. But it went in, thank god.

Alli was a passenger too. Young and Trippier did well. Kane was great unti about 75 when he completely ran out of steam.

Agree with almost all of that except the Sterling bit. Yes he made himself available but fluffed his lines almost every time. "No dont pass it to him" was the howl in the pub from about 30 mins on.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England v Colombia on 23:26 - Jul 3 with 2155 viewsSnipper

I think the players are well and truly cream crackered after that. That will have taken a lot out of them. My nerves are well and truly shot too. There’s no way I’m getting to sleep tonight.

Oh yeah, Harry Maguire was my man of the match. That was Sterling’s best performance of the WC so far. Trippier is a beautiful little player.

The future is bright.
England v Colombia on 23:27 - Jul 3 with 2147 viewsHunterhoop

England v Colombia on 22:53 - Jul 3 by BlackCrowe

Agree with almost all of that except the Sterling bit. Yes he made himself available but fluffed his lines almost every time. "No dont pass it to him" was the howl in the pub from about 30 mins on.

That’s because the average joe England fan in the pub has it in for him. Very few of them watch football live, care, or know the value of off the ball movement and finding space to receive a ball to feet. They just see what the camera shows and focus on shots and goals. Yes, output is clearly important, and Sterling needs to improve there. But his role in our general build up play is absolutely crucial. He’s always moving and making runs. He was integral to City in their title stampede and he’s integral to how England play. He has to start.

Alli was dreadful. People ghosted past him when we were out of possession, and on it, he kept giving it away. How many people in he pub booed or howled at him?
Login to get fewer ads

England v Colombia on 23:27 - Jul 3 with 2149 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thought I’d pop in after a great night to be a England fan and it’s full of negative shit about Sterling.

Enjoyyourfvckingselves!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 23:29]
England v Colombia on 23:28 - Jul 3 with 2141 viewsHunterhoop

England v Colombia on 22:51 - Jul 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Stirling is Englands Washington

Absolute rubbish. WUM.
England v Colombia on 23:41 - Jul 3 with 2089 viewsPommyhoop

One of the things I miss from Blighty

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

England v Colombia on 23:41 - Jul 3 with 2083 views2Thomas2Bowles

England v Colombia on 23:28 - Jul 3 by Hunterhoop

Absolute rubbish. WUM.

Nah you just are so far up your own ass that no one is allowed to have a different opinion on Stirling

I thought Vardy was far more positive than Stirling and gotta couple of shots on target

How many games is it now since Stirling scored for England, I mean that's what he is supposed to be doing out there

England v Colombia on 23:43 - Jul 3 with 2076 viewsCiderwithRsie

I know Sterling's final ball and lack of goals is frustrating but at this level you need a bit of class in midfield and I'm convinced he and Alli are the best we've got.

They're 23 and 22 respectively. Give them time. Maybe a bit if support might not hurt either.
England v Colombia on 23:48 - Jul 3 with 2044 viewsactonman

England v Colombia on 22:44 - Jul 3 by Watford_Ranger

Don’t want to dwell on it tonight but Stirling and Young were poor again going forward as was Alli. Young at least didn’t allow Cuadrado to do much which is his first job.

But tonight is a great night. This is a very likeable England team as England teams go.

Yes except young , oh and vardy.

Especially like the fact there are not too many Chelsea cnts either
England v Colombia on 23:49 - Jul 3 with 2040 viewsHunterhoop

England v Colombia on 23:41 - Jul 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Nah you just are so far up your own ass that no one is allowed to have a different opinion on Stirling

I thought Vardy was far more positive than Stirling and gotta couple of shots on target

How many games is it now since Stirling scored for England, I mean that's what he is supposed to be doing out there

No, I just think you’re a piece of work and hypocrite.
England v Colombia on 23:55 - Jul 3 with 2012 views2Thomas2Bowles

England v Colombia on 23:49 - Jul 3 by Hunterhoop

No, I just think you’re a piece of work and hypocrite.

You're the one that's started off being aggressive about anyone else's opinion about Stirling

You wanna have a look at yourself as a piece of work and hypocrite.

Drink more water and keep off anything with alcohol in it while you are on the PC
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 0:00]

England v Colombia on 23:59 - Jul 3 with 1996 viewsHunterhoop

England v Colombia on 23:55 - Jul 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You're the one that's started off being aggressive about anyone else's opinion about Stirling

You wanna have a look at yourself as a piece of work and hypocrite.

Drink more water and keep off anything with alcohol in it while you are on the PC
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 0:00]

Wouldn’t say any of my 3 posts were “aggressive”. Just calling out your crap for what it is, in my opinion. But if that’s your view of it, fine. You’re welcome.

If that was “aggressive”, you do the same and worse all the time. But that would make you a hypocrite.

Night.
England v Colombia on 00:03 - Jul 4 with 1983 viewsLblock

It's

Fcuking

Coming

Home

(Okay maybe not, but come on.................) X

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England v Colombia on 00:05 - Jul 4 with 1967 views2Thomas2Bowles

England v Colombia on 23:59 - Jul 3 by Hunterhoop

Wouldn’t say any of my 3 posts were “aggressive”. Just calling out your crap for what it is, in my opinion. But if that’s your view of it, fine. You’re welcome.

If that was “aggressive”, you do the same and worse all the time. But that would make you a hypocrite.

Night.

Well just shows you were more interested in trying to have a pop at me than letting anyone have a different opinion than you

WUM

England v Colombia on 00:07 - Jul 4 with 1967 viewsdistortR

England v Colombia on 23:27 - Jul 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Thought I’d pop in after a great night to be a England fan and it’s full of negative shit about Sterling.

Enjoyyourfvckingselves!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 23:29]

'kin right. Accentuate the positive!
We have a team, they're ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE, and we should respect and follow that lead, instead of focusing on perceived negatives.
England v Colombia on 00:07 - Jul 4 with 1967 viewshubble

F*ck me that was one of the most intense games of football I have ever watched. Full on voodoo from Colombia, they so nearly did us with their nasty tactics - they knew they couldn't beat us at actual football. Ref was unbelievable, should have sent half the fecking team off. Incredibly proud of those lads for showing their mettle. We will not face a sterner test than this.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

England v Colombia on 02:08 - Jul 4 with 1837 viewsjonno

England v Colombia on 00:07 - Jul 4 by hubble

F*ck me that was one of the most intense games of football I have ever watched. Full on voodoo from Colombia, they so nearly did us with their nasty tactics - they knew they couldn't beat us at actual football. Ref was unbelievable, should have sent half the fecking team off. Incredibly proud of those lads for showing their mettle. We will not face a sterner test than this.

Agree. The Colombians realised the ref was weak and got away with a lot of cheating. The England players did very well in the main to not get dragged into their nonsense. We were comfortably the better side for the whole game apart from the first half of extra time when understandably our heads were down after the late equaliser and they had the boost of still being in a game they had looked like losing. I thought that generally we played well and were the only team that were looking to win it in the last fifteen minutes. My major concern is still the same though; against the better sides who do we have who looks like putting the ball in the net apart from Kane? He will be heavily marked and we need someone else to share the load.
England v Colombia on 02:33 - Jul 4 with 1825 viewsBoston

Let’s be football....Colombia are down, time to put the boot in.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England v Colombia on 02:43 - Jul 4 with 1823 viewstimcocking

Hell's teeth the stress of it all!

Disgusting, despicable opposition team. No integrity whatsoever. Bunch of thieves and rapists i'd imagine. Textbook south American team, exactly as expected. They should all have been sent off. A shameful spectacle. Honesty just is not common in that part of the world.

It seems as if watching international football nowadays is like watching Swansea play against Swansea. Both teams passing it back and forth in defence slowly achieving nothing. Apart from the late drama, it's apalling stuff. Like watching paint dry as they say. Ok if you're leading i suppose, but why not launch the odd attack? Football managers are too quick to follow fashion, it's the emperor's new clothes all over again. That's not how football should be played imo.
England v Colombia on 05:10 - Jul 4 with 1780 viewsElHoop

Wow - we actually fecking did it. We are through to the last 8. Amazing discipline from our side in an extreme environment. I felt that without Alli and Sterling we lacked creativity and we couldn't control the ball any more. They were all heroes, including Young whose command of the dark arts helped to give us a bit of relief from the incessant gamesmanship from Colombia. Sir Alf would have described them as 'animals' - they really are a bunch of scum bustards. She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie - CoKane.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024