Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Colombia 10:40 - Jul 2 with 24260 viewsElHoop

This is the one - well if we lose we go home but if we can put them away in some sort of style then we really are in this thing with a chance now. I have a feeling that this will be one of the games of the tournament - a typical classic England World Cup game. I can't predict the outcome - it's going to be hell to watch I think - but maybe this could be the day when Dele Alli really delivers for England.
England v Colombia on 05:11 - Jul 4 with 2506 viewsNortholt_Rs

England v Colombia on 02:43 - Jul 4 by timcocking

Hell's teeth the stress of it all!

Disgusting, despicable opposition team. No integrity whatsoever. Bunch of thieves and rapists i'd imagine. Textbook south American team, exactly as expected. They should all have been sent off. A shameful spectacle. Honesty just is not common in that part of the world.

It seems as if watching international football nowadays is like watching Swansea play against Swansea. Both teams passing it back and forth in defence slowly achieving nothing. Apart from the late drama, it's apalling stuff. Like watching paint dry as they say. Ok if you're leading i suppose, but why not launch the odd attack? Football managers are too quick to follow fashion, it's the emperor's new clothes all over again. That's not how football should be played imo.

Who gives a s hit how we won?? We’re through to the last eight of the WC!!! That’s just immense... Whole country is buzzing. IT’S COMING HOME!!!! Believe.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

England v Colombia on 06:27 - Jul 4 with 2428 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This is why no one outside England likes England.

First penalty win in 22 years and some of us mark the occasion by giving Sterling a hiding and labelling the beaten side scum, rapists, and thieves.

Dare I say it, I couldn’t imagine Scotland or Ireland doing that.

Maguire unbelievable, and I’ve no idea how Pickford kept his concentration going that long. We have a very organised side which is a new feeling for most of us. It’s not all piss and vinegar like before.

We owe Sweden one too.

Sticking the Lightening Seeds on like it’s 1996.

England v Colombia on 06:59 - Jul 4 with 2403 viewsingeminate

England v Colombia on 06:27 - Jul 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

First penalty win in 22 years and some of us mark the occasion by giving Sterling a hiding and labelling the beaten side scum, rapists, and thieves.

Maguire unbelievable, and I’ve no idea how Pickford kept his concentration going that long. We have a very organised side which is a new feeling for most of us. It’s not all piss and vinegar like before.

We owe Sweden one too.

Sterling was good last night, he was excellent against Panama too. He links up well with Lingard and his movement stretches teams and creates space for other players.
The penalty shout out was epic and the quality of Kane, Trippier and rashford’s penalty was ridiculous under the circumstances - Southgate has to take some credit for that.
Flip side I thought his subs were very poor and weakened us as a side.
Vardy instead of Rashford was glaring and why bring in Dier who was so off the pace against Belgium and again was terrible here.
still we won a World Cup penalty shoot out! Bring on the Swedes!
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 7:00]

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

England v Colombia on 07:22 - Jul 4 with 2380 viewsDixie_CT

People having a pop on here after a game like that? 😂😂😂

Amazing reactions and what a sense of relief. Reading and watching social media this morning was brilliant.

Can’t wait for Saturday! I do fancy us in a pure football match v Sweden although the ghost of Brolin lingers from my childhood.
England v Colombia on 07:34 - Jul 4 with 2372 viewsCiderwithRsie

England v Colombia on 06:59 - Jul 4 by ingeminate

Sterling was good last night, he was excellent against Panama too. He links up well with Lingard and his movement stretches teams and creates space for other players.
The penalty shout out was epic and the quality of Kane, Trippier and rashford’s penalty was ridiculous under the circumstances - Southgate has to take some credit for that.
Vardy instead of Rashford was glaring and why bring in Dier who was so off the pace against Belgium and again was terrible here.

Rashford's penalty was amazing!

I thought Vardy got into some good positions but was snatching at his chances.
England v Colombia on 08:25 - Jul 4 with 2298 viewsDorse

I think they brought on Vardy because he is every bit as niggly as the oppo CBs and they probably thought he'd draw enough of a reaction to get one of them sent off or to draw some attention away from Kane who'd spent 80-odd mins getting booted. Either way, he is fairly limited at this level.

I could see why he brought on Dier but Dier looked at bit off the pace. Top nerve for the penalty though.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England v Colombia on 08:57 - Jul 4 with 2254 viewsqprd

yeah sterling was finding pockets... id rather have him running behind than dropping deeper to collect, but he clearly was executing what southgate asked of him

I watched in a pub and there were so many england supporters just waiting to absolutely cane sterling and scream how much he was shit.... not that dissimilar to qpr fans who pick a boo boy and target him for every mistake he makes (ned, gladwin come to mind)
England v Colombia on 09:06 - Jul 4 with 2239 viewsGroveR

England v Colombia on 08:57 - Jul 4 by qprd

yeah sterling was finding pockets... id rather have him running behind than dropping deeper to collect, but he clearly was executing what southgate asked of him

I watched in a pub and there were so many england supporters just waiting to absolutely cane sterling and scream how much he was shit.... not that dissimilar to qpr fans who pick a boo boy and target him for every mistake he makes (ned, gladwin come to mind)

"sterling was finding pockets"

Hello. I'm a reporter for the Daily Mail. Please can you private message me details of the thieving little bastard's pickpocketing and we will ensure the details of his crime are shared with the nation in an unbiased manner. Reward offered.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Colombia on 09:06 - Jul 4 with 2240 viewsWestbourneR

England v Colombia on 23:41 - Jul 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Nah you just are so far up your own ass that no one is allowed to have a different opinion on Stirling

I thought Vardy was far more positive than Stirling and gotta couple of shots on target

How many games is it now since Stirling scored for England, I mean that's what he is supposed to be doing out there

2T2B If you're going to (incorrectly and totally against the spirit of a well deserved win) dig out QPR youth product Raheem STERLING - can you please at least spell his name right?

It's not very difficult, although I can see it maybe for you.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

England v Colombia on 09:08 - Jul 4 with 2238 viewsWestbourneR

England v Colombia on 22:19 - Jul 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought the only players who played above average were Pickford, Trippier (excellent), Maguire, Mohito, Davison Sánchez and my MOTM Mina.

England, without being great, deserved the win. Colombia missed Rodriguez, played well in patches and lost their heads. England kept theirs and I'm glad they won.

Sweden are poor. England should win that. They look tired, but focused and cool.

Mina looks a proper player Brian. Best young centre back I've seen in quite some time.

England v Colombia on 09:23 - Jul 4 with 2210 viewswestberksr

still trying to comprehend the fact that we won a penalty shoot out; wtf!

IF the ref had any balls the game would have panned out very differently; can't envisage a top ref putting up with their cheating and had he flashed a few more cards for their antics early on they'd have finished in single figures. At least 1 straight red and any number for the rest of the antics could have led to multiple sendings off. Would have served them right, but apparently VAR doesn't work in England matches.

These games are just about getting through and we have; some of it was good and some not so good, but we've been great before and gone out; I know which I prefer this morning!

The Sterling debate will rumble on; some of his movement is excellent but then followed up with a poor first touch that often loses the ball. Happened on a number of occasions last night and a couple of occasions he tried to shoot when there were a couple of defenders in front of him rather than retain possession. Some of his in play decisions are very poor whereas Kane's are generally spot on.

Alle was poor, possibly due to the residual effects of the injury. Probably shouldn't be playing but it's the World Cup so he'll be talking up his fitness and desperate to be involved but Loftus Cheek has shown he can play the role well in the last week or so.

I thought Vardy was a good shout to take a little pressure off Kane and give something different for the Columbians to deal with at the end; surprised he wasn't a penalty taker.
England v Colombia on 09:24 - Jul 4 with 2212 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dier was off the pace but scored the winning penalty to take us into the last eight - that took some bottle. Oh and let’s not forget ‘little’ Jordan’s efforts....

[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 9:25]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

England v Colombia on 09:26 - Jul 4 with 2198 viewsRangersw12

We owe Sweden one too.

Who cares nobody else likes England and to be fair the Columbians were a disgrace and deserve all the stick they get

As for Jocks and Irish the bitter fools will be out buying Swedish shirts
England v Colombia on 09:32 - Jul 4 with 2180 viewsRs_Holy

England v Colombia on 09:26 - Jul 4 by Rangersw12

Who cares nobody else likes England and to be fair the Columbians were a disgrace and deserve all the stick they get

As for Jocks and Irish the bitter fools will be out buying Swedish shirts

A Scottish former work collegue had the flags of all of Englands opponents around his desk during the last world cup... they do properly hate us.
England v Colombia on 09:41 - Jul 4 with 2146 viewsRangersw12

England v Colombia on 09:44 - Jul 4 with 2143 viewsRangersw12

England v Colombia on 09:32 - Jul 4 by Rs_Holy

A Scottish former work collegue had the flags of all of Englands opponents around his desk during the last world cup... they do properly hate us.

Yep see it all the time a horrible bitter country
England v Colombia on 09:44 - Jul 4 with 2138 viewsrsonist

England v Colombia on 08:57 - Jul 4 by qprd

Watched it in the pub as well and was amazed at all the gobsh1tes shouting "get rid of it" "what are you doing" as they watched England confidently and convincingly retained possession and built moves from out the back for the first time in their lives. Think some people just pretend to like football cos they're lonely.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 9:45]
England v Colombia on 09:48 - Jul 4 with 2121 viewsElHoop

Bollocks to the racist Jocks and Irish who want us to lose just because we're English. Get a life. Who cares anyway.

I was against fielding a weakened team against Belgium but maybe that helped us late on last night, when we were getting tired. We've looked a lot more tired in past tournaments - I don't think that we lack the legs for it. Everyone will be tired now.

Dier for Alli didn't look a good idea at the time. However, you have to give Southgate the benefit of the doubt - quite probably he had a good idea of who he wanted left on the pitch if it came to a shootout. Yeah Dier was a bit crap but he put the penalty away. You can't have it both ways.

Sterling? We need somebody to win the corners and free kicks which have generated a lot of our goals so far. I don't know exactly who has won us those corners and free kicks, but I would imagine that Sterling, Alli and Lingard have done a lot of that work. Without those opportunities we are a lot less effective. The front 4 or 5 worked really hard when we didn't have the ball - it was a great team effort. We aren't a fantastic team or even a great one, but we work very hard and we have good discipline.
England v Colombia on 09:49 - Jul 4 with 2121 viewsrsonist

Witchcraft:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/england-vs-colombia-penal

"It is just training. Every session of training, when we are fatigued at the end, we practice. And we have scored some great ones in training. We practised and practised and it paid off. I had a plan. I knew the spot I was going to put it in. I had practised putting it there."
England v Colombia on 10:53 - Jul 4 with 2014 viewsTacticalR

I thought Sterling played quite well.

England look pretty stodgy and once again couldn't score from open play.

However, the whole looks more than the sum of the parts, which is the opposite of what we're used to with England.

Air hostess clique

England v Colombia on 10:57 - Jul 4 with 1995 viewsdaveB

I thought Sterling did well in the first half, faded a bit in the second but wouldn't be digging him out for criticism
England v Colombia on 10:59 - Jul 4 with 1990 viewsdaveB

We owe Sweden one too.

Scotland and Ireland wouldn't react like that as they'd have been knocked out in the group stage should they ever qualify for a world cup
England v Colombia (n/t) on 11:10 - Jul 4 with 1951 views2Thomas2Bowles

England v Colombia on 09:08 - Jul 4 by WestbourneR

Mina looks a proper player Brian. Best young centre back I've seen in quite some time.

[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 11:11]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

England v Colombia on 11:12 - Jul 4 with 1936 views2Thomas2Bowles

England v Colombia on 09:06 - Jul 4 by WestbourneR

2T2B If you're going to (incorrectly and totally against the spirit of a well deserved win) dig out QPR youth product Raheem STERLING - can you please at least spell his name right?

It's not very difficult, although I can see it maybe for you.

I'm so hurt... *sniff*

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

England v Colombia on 12:04 - Jul 4 with 1844 viewsWestbourneR

England v Colombia on 11:12 - Jul 4 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm so hurt... *sniff*

It's sneff

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024