Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub for next season 15:14 - Jul 23 with 8290 viewsRblockPrior

For years I have always done the same, start at Weatherspoons, onto the White Horse and end up at the Sprinkbok (Queens Tavern) however the Springbok is just not what it used to be and the prices are insane, similar reason why I stopped drinking at The Green! Interested to know where you all drink and your thoughts on the Queens Tavern (sprinkbok)

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Pub for next season on 15:21 - Jul 23 with 6631 viewsRangersw12

Never been a fan of the Springbok even before it was changed to the Queens Tavern

Nowadays mainly use Shepherd & Flock and the Adelaide

Sadly pubs round the Bush are pretty poor now , used to love the back bar in the British Queen and the old Adelaide before it was done up .

Also the British Prince on Goldhawk Rd used to be decent
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 15:31]
Pub for next season on 15:32 - Jul 23 with 6566 viewsWatford_Ranger

Appreciate this wouldn’t appeal to 95% of people but there’s a good shisha bar just off of Bloemfontein Rd near where The Smuts was (is?) if you ever fancy something different. It’s always near empty and shows the early Prem game on the Arabic channels.

It’s grimey inside but the stuff is good and cheap with decent food.
Pub for next season on 18:45 - Jul 23 with 6309 viewsonlyrinmoray

Pub for next season on 15:32 - Jul 23 by Watford_Ranger

Appreciate this wouldn’t appeal to 95% of people but there’s a good shisha bar just off of Bloemfontein Rd near where The Smuts was (is?) if you ever fancy something different. It’s always near empty and shows the early Prem game on the Arabic channels.

It’s grimey inside but the stuff is good and cheap with decent food.

You are not really selling it Watford are you? Think I will pass.. I like the Richmond a bit of a walk but good pre game pub no nutters
Pub for next season on 19:45 - Jul 23 with 6192 viewssmegma

Did I tell you I got charged £11.10 for two pints in the Defectors Weld a few months ago. The same in the Spoons would be about £6 and £9 in the Adelaide. I hope the Weld goes bust.
Pub for next season on 21:58 - Jul 23 with 5984 viewsBoston

White Horse and the Weld. White Horse to get 'nutter' updates, Weld for the toilets.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pub for next season on 22:13 - Jul 23 with 5951 viewsPunteR

Pub for next season on 21:58 - Jul 23 by Boston

White Horse and the Weld. White Horse to get 'nutter' updates, Weld for the toilets.

Toilet updates ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pub for next season on 22:25 - Jul 23 with 5916 viewsFDC

Pub for next season on 22:13 - Jul 23 by PunteR

Toilet updates ?

White Horse for the nuts
Pub for next season on 22:52 - Jul 23 with 5853 views18StoneOfHoop

Pub for next season on 22:25 - Jul 23 by FDC

White Horse for the nuts

Thanks for the shout out,FDC.
We all still missing The Late Great Wally at The White Horse.
As an awful thirsty binge drinking pub crawling W12 resident since last century
I can inform you that many marching powder
friends of Charles are working pretty damn blatantly openly
in many if not all Bush pubs.Much more prevalent than in the 80's even.

Sorry to hear there's currently no nuts @ The Richmond AKA The Northern Builders
I might have to ~ HazChem 18Stone Novochock Warning ~ rectify that by going there briefly pre home games SheffBladeU's et al next season ~ Has it still got the 3 pool tables and diminutive grumpy 5ft5 moustachioed Irish governor Taig?

My magnum opus 1999/2000 A Kick Up The R's review 'A Plain Man's Guide to Shepherds Bush pubs. Two mere short words for The Springbok that attracted a record number of complaints from the irate erstwhile governor and fill-in or death threats to Dave Thomas:
"It smells."

.....~ truly the pen is mightier than the sword ~.....
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 23:08]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Pub for next season on 22:55 - Jul 23 with 5846 viewsHunterhoop

Shepherd and Flock by a mile.

But feel free not to come. It’s pretty tiny and always busy pre-match. After less so. And that’s usually when the regular patrons get rewarded with a bit of free food. Sky TV and very efficient service. But don’t feel the urge to come down, especially if it’s raining.
Pub for next season on 23:38 - Jul 23 with 5757 viewsDannyPaddox

Pub for next season on 22:55 - Jul 23 by Hunterhoop

Shepherd and Flock by a mile.

But feel free not to come. It’s pretty tiny and always busy pre-match. After less so. And that’s usually when the regular patrons get rewarded with a bit of free food. Sky TV and very efficient service. But don’t feel the urge to come down, especially if it’s raining.

FFS ssshhh!

In addition let me commend the cosy and communal ambiance of the Flock. A pub where one fart is shared by all. Honestly you wouldn't want to drink there. It's closer to Craven Cottage than it is Loftus Road.
Pub for next season on 01:18 - Jul 24 with 5671 viewsPlanetHonneywood

All this thread has really done, is remind many of us of the halcyon days of the Bushranger. Which then shifted to the Goldhawk.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Pub for next season on 08:02 - Jul 24 with 5499 viewsFDC

Pub for next season on 01:18 - Jul 24 by PlanetHonneywood

All this thread has really done, is remind many of us of the halcyon days of the Bushranger. Which then shifted to the Goldhawk.

The Goldhawk will always hold a special place in my heart, as the setting for finding out there would be no points deduction before kick off on the final day of the promotion season. Much random hugging of strangers, whilst the landlord played We Are The Champions
Pub for next season on 08:33 - Jul 24 with 5449 viewsqprxtc

Pub for next season on 22:52 - Jul 23 by 18StoneOfHoop

Thanks for the shout out,FDC.
We all still missing The Late Great Wally at The White Horse.
As an awful thirsty binge drinking pub crawling W12 resident since last century
I can inform you that many marching powder
friends of Charles are working pretty damn blatantly openly
in many if not all Bush pubs.Much more prevalent than in the 80's even.

Sorry to hear there's currently no nuts @ The Richmond AKA The Northern Builders
I might have to ~ HazChem 18Stone Novochock Warning ~ rectify that by going there briefly pre home games SheffBladeU's et al next season ~ Has it still got the 3 pool tables and diminutive grumpy 5ft5 moustachioed Irish governor Taig?

My magnum opus 1999/2000 A Kick Up The R's review 'A Plain Man's Guide to Shepherds Bush pubs. Two mere short words for The Springbok that attracted a record number of complaints from the irate erstwhile governor and fill-in or death threats to Dave Thomas:
"It smells."

.....~ truly the pen is mightier than the sword ~.....
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 23:08]

I remember those pub articles in A Kick Up the R's.

As a Bush boy born and bred they were fun and informative. But my local at the time, The Mailcoach, was quite unexpectedly missed out. Always wondered why?

The Pavilion is good place for a pint and a bit of a decent meal. Might be a bit of a trek for some but if you get off at White City it's a pleasant 10 minute stroll down Wood Lane breathing in the fumes.
Pub for next season on 08:55 - Jul 24 with 5407 viewsmakaveli1882

Pub for next season on 23:38 - Jul 23 by DannyPaddox

FFS ssshhh!

In addition let me commend the cosy and communal ambiance of the Flock. A pub where one fart is shared by all. Honestly you wouldn't want to drink there. It's closer to Craven Cottage than it is Loftus Road.

What really puts me off is the bar staff, they look pig ugly and really rough round the edges, avoid the place!
Pub for next season on 09:01 - Jul 24 with 5390 viewsLincoln_Hoop

We've got quite a few different pubs that we frequent. The Andover Arms, although a good 20 minute walk from LR in Aldensley Street in W6, used to be a firm favourite. Although it was off the beaten track a bit, it still attracted a good sprinkling of Rs fans on matchdays.

These days, we head for either the Green or the Crown and Sceptre - although cheap they both are not. I remember going in the Shepherd and Flock just before closing time after the playoff final, and the barmaid had "We Are The Champions" on repeat.
Pub for next season on 09:05 - Jul 24 with 5376 viewspaulparker

Pub for next season on 18:45 - Jul 23 by onlyrinmoray

You are not really selling it Watford are you? Think I will pass.. I like the Richmond a bit of a walk but good pre game pub no nutters

+1 for the Richmond , and it shows the early games

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pub for next season on 09:19 - Jul 24 with 5330 views18StoneOfHoop

Pub for next season on 08:33 - Jul 24 by qprxtc

I remember those pub articles in A Kick Up the R's.

As a Bush boy born and bred they were fun and informative. But my local at the time, The Mailcoach, was quite unexpectedly missed out. Always wondered why?

The Pavilion is good place for a pint and a bit of a decent meal. Might be a bit of a trek for some but if you get off at White City it's a pleasant 10 minute stroll down Wood Lane breathing in the fumes.

XTC you are correct - leaving the Mail Coach out was an egregious oversight on my part. Splendid old boozer great wee BBC garden expert Dermot designed beer garden as was Greeensleeves an ace roots reggae shop. What was the tall friendly MC gov in the 80's called..Hughie? He went on to run a Kensal Rd pub for a bit. Pav good but is there a pool table left? I remember the Luton Migs shock attack many moons back.

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/london/w12_shepherdsbush_mailcoach.html
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 9:25]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Pub for next season on 09:53 - Jul 24 with 5261 viewsqprxtc

That would be Mad Willie. He was there for many years until it closed keeping a close eye on things and scaring the bejaysus out of people. He was quite the character.

I remember that a mate of mine who shall remain nameless, good old Louis, decided, after a few in the Central Bar, that we should have one last goodbye to the Mailcoach even though it was boarded up.

We manage to wangle our way in somehow but what we hadn’t expected was that the floorboards had been taken up since closure. In and down we go with a thump.
Eventually we extricate ourselves and gingerly have a mooch around, get a few mementoes and skulk off a bit dusty.

Not the same now it’s a bus stop.

The Luton incident at the Pav was before I had moved down that way and is the only time I can recall anyone causing any problems in there. I think the LSA have taken up residence in there now so unlikely to get much more of that. Probably.
Pub for next season on 09:56 - Jul 24 with 5253 viewsthame_hoops

Brew dog 👍🏻
Pub for next season on 09:59 - Jul 24 with 5243 viewsrobith

Usually alternate between the Shepherd & Flock and the Crown and Sceptre.

At a game last year I got charged the regular price instead of carnival price at the Shep Flo. Think that makes me a W12 celebrity
Pub for next season on 10:22 - Jul 24 with 5171 viewsHamptonR

Anyone ventured into what once was The British Queen?
Pub for next season on 10:59 - Jul 24 with 5090 viewsDannyPaddox

I watched the World Cup Final in the Richmond. The landlord Tighe (I can't spell his name neither) deigned to show the game on the big screen even though there was GAA on which is most unusual for him. In half of the pub the commentary was louder for the Gaelic football. So when the Argentine ref in Moscow spent an age looking at the VAR you couldn't help but think he was in fact catching up on the end of Kerry v Galway.
Pub for next season on 11:16 - Jul 24 with 5051 viewsqprxtc

Pub for next season on 10:59 - Jul 24 by DannyPaddox

I watched the World Cup Final in the Richmond. The landlord Tighe (I can't spell his name neither) deigned to show the game on the big screen even though there was GAA on which is most unusual for him. In half of the pub the commentary was louder for the Gaelic football. So when the Argentine ref in Moscow spent an age looking at the VAR you couldn't help but think he was in fact catching up on the end of Kerry v Galway.

I got told off by Theye(?) during the World Cup in 2014 for getting drunk and singing QPR songs.

I thought it was an oxymoron. And so did he, although it may have been 'poxy moron' he said to me.

Glad they changed the steps to get in too. That first step to get in always did me in.
Pub for next season on 11:59 - Jul 24 with 4953 viewscolinallcars

Pub for next season on 09:01 - Jul 24 by Lincoln_Hoop

We've got quite a few different pubs that we frequent. The Andover Arms, although a good 20 minute walk from LR in Aldensley Street in W6, used to be a firm favourite. Although it was off the beaten track a bit, it still attracted a good sprinkling of Rs fans on matchdays.

These days, we head for either the Green or the Crown and Sceptre - although cheap they both are not. I remember going in the Shepherd and Flock just before closing time after the playoff final, and the barmaid had "We Are The Champions" on repeat.

The Andover is currently closed for refurb and the installation of a new Guv'nor. May not be open for the opening game. The Raven at the Chiswick end of Goldhawk Rd is a tidy walk but and excellent pub. As stated in an earlier post the pubs in the Bush aren't great these days.
Pub for next season on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 4903 viewsRBlock

Pub for next season on 11:59 - Jul 24 by colinallcars

The Andover is currently closed for refurb and the installation of a new Guv'nor. May not be open for the opening game. The Raven at the Chiswick end of Goldhawk Rd is a tidy walk but and excellent pub. As stated in an earlier post the pubs in the Bush aren't great these days.

Bloody hell, that is a walk. If we are going that far, I'm a big fan of the Salutation in Hammersmith. Got all the sports, decent garden including a screen, Fullers pub so you know what you're getting.

I'm a fan of the Raven as well. They always played it fast and lose when it came to IDing people, which was a big plus 10 or so years ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024