Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post-match comments (Blackpool) 22:43 - Sep 25 with 14636 viewsphilosopher

Disgraceful. Seems to be blaming young players for not being up to it, and after the way he has treated them.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 15:35 - Sep 26 with 2374 viewskensalriser

Didn't Holloway essentially do and say the same thing last season?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 16:07 - Sep 26 with 2315 viewsdolcelatte

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 15:35 - Sep 26 by kensalriser

Yes. But that doesn't fit the agenda.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 19:28 - Sep 26 with 2147 viewsCiderwithRsie

For about a year people on here have been into some sort of weird pro-Holloway/anti-Holloway war, as if we need to work out if an opinion is pro-Ollie or anti-Ollie before we can agree with it. I don't get it.

Every manager at almost every club treats the cups as a joke (Blackpool made loads of changes too) - it doesn't make it right. Our lot are statistically worse at it than just about any other League club and changing that ought to be a priority for us.

So Holloway was just as bad - OK let's sack him! Oh, we did. McClaren was appointed to do better than Holloway. So go in Steve, bloody do it.

Or do one.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 19:44 - Sep 26 with 2120 viewsrichranger

Redknapps comments after MK Dons Defeat -

‘I have big-name players who believe they’re better than they are, who bang on my door insisting that I should play them,’
Well, they had their chance and they blew it. I made nine changes from the team who drew at West Ham last week.

Sound familiar :>)
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 19:46 - Sep 26 with 2111 viewsOldPedro

Anyone know if the Blackpool player got booked for shaking Cousins warmly by the throat last night?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoMHwr3H0uV/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 19:47]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 20:50 - Sep 26 with 2049 viewsGroveR

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 10:02 - Sep 26 by CiderwithRsie

Can't believe I'm saying this, but it's almost worse than Redknapp.

At least Redknapp had a clear aim- give me enough of your money and I'll get you promoted. He was crap at it because it screwed us financially and we got up by the skin of our teeth (and he hadn't a clue how to keep us up anyway) but I could at least see the idea.

What's McClaren's idea? What would he call success?

"What's McClaren's idea? What would he call success?"

In 10 managerial appointments he's resigned twice and been binned eight times. I'd say a fat two year payoff as his reputation was on the floor before we appointed him - he's got nothing to lose.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 21:07 - Sep 26 with 2006 viewspaulparker

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 20:50 - Sep 26 by GroveR

In 10 managerial appointments he's resigned twice and been binned eight times. I'd say a fat two year payoff as his reputation was on the floor before we appointed him - he's got nothing to lose.

Typical QPR , appoint a bloke know one wants and who was desperate and then give him a 2 year contract
Probably not in my lifetime but maybe just maybe we will be run properly one day

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 21:26 - Sep 26 with 1976 viewsNorthernr

Yes, and got pelters for it, and deserved it.

The only person who could justify prolonging our dispicable attitude to cups was Warnock, because he then delivered in the league. All the rest of them dive out of the cups, then keep losing in the league anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 22:03 - Sep 26 with 1924 viewsCamberleyR

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 20:50 - Sep 26 by GroveR

"In 10 managerial appointments he's resigned twice and been binned eight times"

Might be splitting hairs but I make it six? Middlesbrough released him to take the England job. Twente (first time) I'm presuming he wasn't sacked immediately after winning the title.

Resigned at Forest and Twente (second time).

Sacked everywhere else though.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 22:14]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:59 - Sep 27 with 1764 viewsR_from_afar

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 22:03 - Sep 26 by CamberleyR

"In 10 managerial appointments he's resigned twice and been binned eight times"

Might be splitting hairs but I make it six? Middlesbrough released him to take the England job. Twente (first time) I'm presuming he wasn't sacked immediately after winning the title.

Resigned at Forest and Twente (second time).

Sacked everywhere else though.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 22:14]

...but he improved us when he was last here, coaching under Redknapp. That meant there was some logic to his appointment.

And no, I am not saying he was my "dream manager". Nor is he now. I hope our results improve such that he becomes that person.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 09:31 - Sep 27 with 1745 viewspaulparker

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:59 - Sep 27 by R_from_afar

...but he improved us when he was last here, coaching under Redknapp. That meant there was some logic to his appointment.

And no, I am not saying he was my "dream manager". Nor is he now. I hope our results improve such that he becomes that person.

RFA

Sorry but there was no logic to his appointment in my eyes , no other clubs wanted him he was on the scrap heap
the last job he had he relegated Newcastle, how many players did he improve there BTW ? what youngsters has he actually make better in his career ?
if we were looking to go down the road of a coach to bring on smyth, Bos, manning then we sorry Les (you know his job is DOF after all ) should have interviewed 10 or 15 coaches instead of TF sticking his size sevens in and giving us the old pals act with McLaren
imo Holloway should have been given another year he deserved that and looking back he has developed our youngsters more than SM ever will
McLaren should have walked or been sacked after WBA , imo he is losing that dressing room I want him gone before he inflicts any more damage

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 09:43 - Sep 27 with 1731 viewsingeminate

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 09:31 - Sep 27 by paulparker

Sorry but there was no logic to his appointment in my eyes , no other clubs wanted him he was on the scrap heap
the last job he had he relegated Newcastle, how many players did he improve there BTW ? what youngsters has he actually make better in his career ?
if we were looking to go down the road of a coach to bring on smyth, Bos, manning then we sorry Les (you know his job is DOF after all ) should have interviewed 10 or 15 coaches instead of TF sticking his size sevens in and giving us the old pals act with McLaren
imo Holloway should have been given another year he deserved that and looking back he has developed our youngsters more than SM ever will
McLaren should have walked or been sacked after WBA , imo he is losing that dressing room I want him gone before he inflicts any more damage

Normally I'm in the "give the man a chance" camp.

Not this time.

Hell of a checklist this:

1) Drain promising young players confidence
2) Get the tactics consistently wrong
3) Poor player selection
4) Short term planning
5) Inability to change a game
6) Unable to build team spirit in wider squad
7) Generally clueless

I want him out before he does anymore damage and I also want Tuesday night back.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 09:57 - Sep 27 with 1709 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 09:43 - Sep 27 by ingeminate

Not this time.

3) Poor player selection
4) Short term planning
7) Generally clueless

I want him out before he does anymore damage and I also want Tuesday night back.

Not having a pop promise and just playing devils advocate but points 2), 3) 5) and 7) certainly applied to Holloway and JFH too.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:10 - Sep 27 with 1664 viewsfrancisbowles

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 09:57 - Sep 27 by Silverfoxqpr

Not having a pop promise and just playing devils advocate but points 2), 3) 5) and 7) certainly applied to Holloway and JFH too.

Splitting hairs but Holloway, inability to change a game? How many times did we come from behind last season? He didn't always make great subs but he did get it right on occasions, or was it when he had good advice beside him? Lol!
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:23 - Sep 27 with 1640 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:10 - Sep 27 by francisbowles

Splitting hairs but Holloway, inability to change a game? How many times did we come from behind last season? He didn't always make great subs but he did get it right on occasions, or was it when he had good advice beside him? Lol!

Yes fair enough, I'm maybe being a bit harsh with that one. Duly noted!
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:29 - Sep 27 with 1628 viewsingeminate

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 09:57 - Sep 27 by Silverfoxqpr

Yeah, I'm definitely harsher on McClaren than other managers.
There's something about him I find really grating.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:42 - Sep 27 with 1609 viewsR_from_afar

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 09:43 - Sep 27 by ingeminate

Not this time.

3) Poor player selection
4) Short term planning
7) Generally clueless

If we are going to start sacking managers after nine league games - nine games which have left us six points off the play-offs and four points off the drop zone, and three League Cup games, two of which we won, then:

- We are well on the way to making the QPR manager/coach's job the second most toxic poisoned challice after the England job
- Spending so much on hiring and firing managers that there will be no money left to buy any players.

A club which is a massive global brand, with strong finances and the scope to spend thanks to big revenues, can hire and fire reasonably easily because they can afford it, it doesn't create a FFP issue, and prospective managers are drawn to them due to the cachet of working there.

We are simply not in that position. QPR is already a far from appealing proposition for most prospective managers, given our infrastructure issues, the FFP fine, our cobwebbed trophy cabinet and the fact that we truly are a small club.

I know there are umpteen issues, issues we debate on here daily, but we really do need to run the club in such a way that it doesn't put off people who might be mad enough to want to help us on the playing, administrative or coaching side one day.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:55 - Sep 27 with 1589 viewsdolcelatte

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:10 - Sep 27 by francisbowles

Three times.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:57 - Sep 27 with 1585 viewsWren67

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 19:46 - Sep 26 by OldPedro

Anyone know if the Blackpool player got booked for shaking Cousins warmly by the throat last night?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoMHwr3H0uV/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 19:47]

No he wasn't booked. I thought the ref would book 2 Blackpool players assaulting Cousins. What I saw was, Cousins and Goss won the ball but neither took charge, they both hesitated and dithered allowing a Blackpool player between them in the melee Cousins and said Blackpool player both fell, legs tangled with the ball between them and Cousins still trying to regain possession, perhaps too aggressively and the ref blew.

As Cousins stood another Blackpool player pushed him using both his hands onto Cousins chest, Cousins was reacting to that when a 2nd Blackpool played grabbed him , as you say , warmly by the throat. All should have been booked but the Ref choose to simplify matters, book Cousins for the 2nd time and consequent red card, perhaps because many of our player were committing serious fouls (Scowen was forced to have an early bath to avoid a red card after only 20 mins !!! )
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 12:00 - Sep 27 with 1575 viewsbeanofire1

I didn't want McLaren.

His record at other Championship clubs with far more resources than us, isn't good.
He's starting to grate in the post match interviews.

I'll always back the team though.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 12:04 - Sep 27 with 1571 viewsRangersw12

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:42 - Sep 27 by R_from_afar

If we are going to start sacking managers after nine league games - nine games which have left us six points off the play-offs and four points off the drop zone, and three League Cup games, two of which we won, then:

- We are well on the way to making the QPR manager/coach's job the second most toxic poisoned challice after the England job
- Spending so much on hiring and firing managers that there will be no money left to buy any players.

A club which is a massive global brand, with strong finances and the scope to spend thanks to big revenues, can hire and fire reasonably easily because they can afford it, it doesn't create a FFP issue, and prospective managers are drawn to them due to the cachet of working there.

We are simply not in that position. QPR is already a far from appealing proposition for most prospective managers, given our infrastructure issues, the FFP fine, our cobwebbed trophy cabinet and the fact that we truly are a small club.

I know there are umpteen issues, issues we debate on here daily, but we really do need to run the club in such a way that it doesn't put off people who might be mad enough to want to help us on the playing, administrative or coaching side one day.

RFA

We're known as tin pot in football circles anyway so us sacking this muppett won't make much difference anyway
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 12:45 - Sep 27 with 1529 viewsW7Ranger

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:55 - Sep 27 by dolcelatte

Three times.

And the rest!
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 13:27 - Sep 27 with 1488 viewsDorse

Reading this, I get the impression that McLaren is quite unpopular. I would currently put him somewhere between Joey Barton's flick to the knackers against Hull and Harry Redknapp's demand for a right back after abandoning 352 on the Justfcukoffometer.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 13:51 - Sep 27 with 1458 views2Thomas2Bowles

While comparing Stevee with Olly and players that have left, less experience.....

A reminder that we had a horrendous number of injuries in the defense last season.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 14:19 - Sep 27 with 1410 viewsW7Ranger

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 11:55 - Sep 27 by dolcelatte

Three times.

Try ten.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024