Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze abuse 09:14 - Dec 30 with 13070 viewsdavman

Getting silly isn't it?

He wasn't awful at all yesterday; no worse than many of them, but there was a lot more anger towards him than any other player in the Lower Loft.

Why do we turn on the talented?

My Pompey mate with me was amazed at the level of frustration showed by the crowd in light of our league position and the fact that we were not losing. He was right too...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Eze abuse on 11:00 - Jan 2 with 2741 viewsrobith

Eze abuse on 10:09 - Jan 2 by johncharles

Other teams have woken up to how good he is. His so called of form is partly due to the attention he’s getting from opponents. Not just doubling up on him but also roughing him up a bit. At the start of the season he looked like a gawkey kid with a bit talent, now they’ve realised he can hurt them. My big worry is that some Prem teams will be showing an interest.

What I like about the team at the moment is when teams double up on Eze, it just creates space for Freeman and Wells #onpointemoji
Eze abuse on 11:29 - Jan 2 with 2670 viewsqprd

Eze abuse on 04:34 - Jan 1 by WestbourneR

Eze is a supremely talented player who has transformed our ability to hold onto the ball and create. Particularly away from home.

He clearly now has played too many games in a row for someone early in their first team career and needs a break to freshen up. He might also need to know his place isn't guaranteed.

However - and this is going to wind few up - I think there is a fair slice in prejudice from some I hear in the crowd when they call him 'lazy'. They don't like they way he looks and they don't like his swagger. The kind of people who loved 'our Jamie' Mackie. Much more relatable.

I think they abuse Eze is getting is just vile tbh. He needs to be supported and nurtured as the most exciting talent we've produced in a very long time.

I'm not sure its racism or prejudice, but it is subconscious bias that influences how players are described

for instance, a lot of people have said that Jordan cousins doesn't have a footballing brain. cousins cant pass for sh*t... but that doesn't mean he lacks a football brain...the implicit undertone is that he somehow is getting by on athleticism

another instance is the sunderland documentary... Jason steele and lewis grabban both said they wanted out of sunderland for lack of playing opportunities. yet no one has really slagged off steele for not being a team player, while grabben has gotten a lot of criticism for the same action

yes, eze doesn't defend well... but he is supremely fit and gets kicked all over the park. I don't recall ever seeing eze writhing on the ground, milking injuries or complaining about a tackle... not once. he also played nearly every minute of the season. thats hardly "lazy"
Eze abuse on 14:23 - Jan 2 with 2543 viewsWestbourneR

Eze abuse on 11:29 - Jan 2 by qprd

I'm not sure its racism or prejudice, but it is subconscious bias that influences how players are described

for instance, a lot of people have said that Jordan cousins doesn't have a footballing brain. cousins cant pass for sh*t... but that doesn't mean he lacks a football brain...the implicit undertone is that he somehow is getting by on athleticism

another instance is the sunderland documentary... Jason steele and lewis grabban both said they wanted out of sunderland for lack of playing opportunities. yet no one has really slagged off steele for not being a team player, while grabben has gotten a lot of criticism for the same action

yes, eze doesn't defend well... but he is supremely fit and gets kicked all over the park. I don't recall ever seeing eze writhing on the ground, milking injuries or complaining about a tackle... not once. he also played nearly every minute of the season. thats hardly "lazy"

I'd say there is big difference for calling out Cousins technical ability when he has failed to perform for almost three seasons. His passing and reading of the game have been found wanting - and with plenty of evidence to back up.

I'd say digging out Eze when he's our most talented player and has shone numerous times is odd - and smacks of a conscious or subconscious prejudice.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Eze abuse on 14:52 - Jan 2 with 2498 viewsNorthernr

I didn't want to be the one to bring it up either but I think there is something in what Westbourne says about the prejudice.

There was a bloke behind me at Ipswich away who was on at Eze from the first whistle. Lazy this, lazy that, fcking useless, fcking overrated, get him off McClaren... all the way through. Shut up very briefly when Eze popped one onto the crossbar from 25 yards... then started again.
Eze abuse on 15:05 - Jan 2 with 2466 viewsMatch82

Eze abuse on 10:54 - Jan 2 by davman

... And that chance was MUCH tougher than the one Pav missed against Rotherham.

We have odd fans.

I have asked before, but is there anyone on this forum who has shouted him down who wants to explain why? I get the spur of the moment thing like a missed chance, but misplaced passes I don't really get.

Anyone?

It's been so long since we had a youth team player come through that we've forgotten they need to go through growing pains?
Eze abuse on 01:26 - Jan 3 with 2255 viewstimcocking

Eze abuse on 14:52 - Jan 2 by Northernr

I didn't want to be the one to bring it up either but I think there is something in what Westbourne says about the prejudice.

There was a bloke behind me at Ipswich away who was on at Eze from the first whistle. Lazy this, lazy that, fcking useless, fcking overrated, get him off McClaren... all the way through. Shut up very briefly when Eze popped one onto the crossbar from 25 yards... then started again.

I think (prefer to hope) it's just to do with his indolent style. The way he moves, he does look lazy. I'd be interested to view the data which shows how much ground the individual players are covering and check their heart rates. It might be deceptive.

In the position Eze plays, people should realise his job really isn't to run like a headless chicken. If you have a Jamie Mackie style workmate, it means you'll be lacking a little composure. Easier to mis control or misplace a pass, harder to ghost past people. Need to conserve a little energy for when it matters if you're playing in Eze's position.

I'd be surprised if it was anybody on this forum booing Eze to be honest.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 3:16]
Eze abuse on 02:00 - Jan 3 with 2243 viewsNov77

Ricky gervais tells a story of when he played in a football trial at his school.
Every time he ran past the teacher who was referereeing he made sure to sound out of breath, to give the teacher the impression that he was trying really hard.

When it came time to pick the team, gervais was left out, the teacher said to him, “gervais, you’ve clearly got asthma”.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Eze abuse on 17:24 - Jan 3 with 2064 viewsVancouverHoop

Eze abuse on 14:52 - Jan 2 by Northernr

This "lazy" stuff has been going on forever. I remember when the first decent Cameroon team played in the WC. They got the piss taken out of them constantly by commentators. For example their goalkeeper just stood on his line with his arms by his side the entire match – instead of the tense crouch with arms outspread favoured by Europeans. The fact that he saved everything that came near him was ignored. Different body language is all. Eze has some of the same quality. He makes what he does look casual, but it doesn't mean that it is. Not at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze abuse on 18:16 - Jan 3 with 1990 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Without slipping down the racist rabbit hole, why do people need to shout abuse at a 19 year old anyway?
Eze abuse on 18:22 - Jan 3 with 1978 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brilliant article from a Man U site on stereotyping black players.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/powerful-pogba-and-unintelligent-lukaku/
Eze abuse on 19:25 - Jan 3 with 1903 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze abuse on 01:26 - Jan 3 by timcocking

I think (prefer to hope) it's just to do with his indolent style. The way he moves, he does look lazy. I'd be interested to view the data which shows how much ground the individual players are covering and check their heart rates. It might be deceptive.

In the position Eze plays, people should realise his job really isn't to run like a headless chicken. If you have a Jamie Mackie style workmate, it means you'll be lacking a little composure. Easier to mis control or misplace a pass, harder to ghost past people. Need to conserve a little energy for when it matters if you're playing in Eze's position.

I'd be surprised if it was anybody on this forum booing Eze to be honest.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 3:16]

‘I think (prefer to hope) it's just to do with his indolent style. The way he moves, he does look lazy.’

Christ. And you’re on the pro-Eze side.

Peoplensaid this exact bollocks about Langers.

Bare bones.

Eze abuse on 20:43 - Jan 3 with 1806 viewsCHUBBS

Here we are once again,another strange view continually perpetuated by a minority of people determined to pursue a narrative that fits their polarized way of thinking.

I'v no doubt that there are a tiny minority that no matter what will dislike Eze,Les,Ramsey etc because of their background,however that minority is so tiny its really not represented sufficiently to make any real impact.

Growing up my first football hero was John Byrne,now for all you who didn't have the pleasure of watching John play,think of a 'white' Eze.
Now if I had a pound for everytime I heard the words 'Byrne you fat lazy c@nt' roared at him i'd certainly have a much nicer car!
The same applied for Wegerle,Vine,Buszaky,Taarabt and I even heard Freemen called 'lazy' on several occasions last season,imagine that?
What did they all have in common?
A languid laid back style of play giving the perception to some that they're not pulling their weight,usually during moments when the team are struggling.
To turn this into some sort of witch hunt against anyone who doesn't agree with them is just typical of todays social justice warrior.
You are now told by some 'not' to use certain words to express opinion of black players like 'lazy','attitude problem','no football brain' yet there are plenty of stereotypical descriptions commonly associated exclusively with white players ie 'thug' 'nuckledragger'
'Neanderthal' and 'racist'.

Going off subject a little to amplify my point here so bare with me.
Lets take the emotion out of it and deal with cold hard facts!
Now I doubt if anyone on this site has any compassion towards John Terry,with his past behaviour he rightly gets stick(although its almost stalker like with some).
He racially abuse Anton and treated his wife like dirt,thats a fact.
Whats also a fact is that Trevor Sinclair who's never criticized on here and absolutely idolised by some was reported for assaulting his wife,hit another woman whilst drunk under the influence and was also prosecuted for 'racism' toward a police officer trying to do his job amongst other criminal behaviour.
I know JT is Chelsea and Trev is one of our own but why is the treatment oceans apart?
Personally I still like Trev and just feel he's made some mistakes that are forgivable however if we go by the JT rulebook of hating people who have behaved in this manner then surely he should be at the very least be continually criticized as we do with Terry,but no I hear nothing.
That is hypocrisy and I believe ignoring the fact all those players mentioned above were abused in a similar way to Eze shows the disparity in what some are insisting.
Doesn’t matter what colour you are,that sort of player will always attract negative attention from a certain few.
Maybe we just have differing expectations and opinions,that doesn’t make you a ‘racist’.
Personally,I love Eze just the way he is and hope we get at least another season of this brilliant young player who I still can’t believe Millwall thought wasn’t good enough😲
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 21:56]
Eze abuse on 21:58 - Jan 3 with 1725 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eze abuse on 20:43 - Jan 3 by CHUBBS

Here we are once again,another strange view continually perpetuated by a minority of people determined to pursue a narrative that fits their polarized way of thinking.

I'v no doubt that there are a tiny minority that no matter what will dislike Eze,Les,Ramsey etc because of their background,however that minority is so tiny its really not represented sufficiently to make any real impact.

Growing up my first football hero was John Byrne,now for all you who didn't have the pleasure of watching John play,think of a 'white' Eze.
Now if I had a pound for everytime I heard the words 'Byrne you fat lazy c@nt' roared at him i'd certainly have a much nicer car!
The same applied for Wegerle,Vine,Buszaky,Taarabt and I even heard Freemen called 'lazy' on several occasions last season,imagine that?
What did they all have in common?
A languid laid back style of play giving the perception to some that they're not pulling their weight,usually during moments when the team are struggling.
To turn this into some sort of witch hunt against anyone who doesn't agree with them is just typical of todays social justice warrior.
You are now told by some 'not' to use certain words to express opinion of black players like 'lazy','attitude problem','no football brain' yet there are plenty of stereotypical descriptions commonly associated exclusively with white players ie 'thug' 'nuckledragger'
'Neanderthal' and 'racist'.

Going off subject a little to amplify my point here so bare with me.
Lets take the emotion out of it and deal with cold hard facts!
Now I doubt if anyone on this site has any compassion towards John Terry,with his past behaviour he rightly gets stick(although its almost stalker like with some).
He racially abuse Anton and treated his wife like dirt,thats a fact.
Whats also a fact is that Trevor Sinclair who's never criticized on here and absolutely idolised by some was reported for assaulting his wife,hit another woman whilst drunk under the influence and was also prosecuted for 'racism' toward a police officer trying to do his job amongst other criminal behaviour.
I know JT is Chelsea and Trev is one of our own but why is the treatment oceans apart?
Personally I still like Trev and just feel he's made some mistakes that are forgivable however if we go by the JT rulebook of hating people who have behaved in this manner then surely he should be at the very least be continually criticized as we do with Terry,but no I hear nothing.
That is hypocrisy and I believe ignoring the fact all those players mentioned above were abused in a similar way to Eze shows the disparity in what some are insisting.
Doesn’t matter what colour you are,that sort of player will always attract negative attention from a certain few.
Maybe we just have differing expectations and opinions,that doesn’t make you a ‘racist’.
Personally,I love Eze just the way he is and hope we get at least another season of this brilliant young player who I still can’t believe Millwall thought wasn’t good enough😲
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 21:56]

This would be a strong statement against false accusations of racism, except for the fact that nobody called anyone else racist even once.

Welcome back Chubbs.
Eze abuse on 22:55 - Jan 3 with 1665 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze abuse on 18:22 - Jan 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Brilliant article from a Man U site on stereotyping black players.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/powerful-pogba-and-unintelligent-lukaku/

Excellent article that, Bazza. Thanks for posting. Much to think about.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze abuse on 23:02 - Jan 3 with 1650 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In the Villa match thread I commented during the first half that Wells, Eze and Freeman needed to work harder. To be fair as that first half went on and for all of the second half they all did to a huge degree.

Overall, on balance of play, I thought that all three put in a serious shift. But I have no problem with constructive criticism of any player's work rate, regardless of race or ethnicity. And, to be fair, I think any conversation on here has been constructive, has been fair and has been devoid of any racial overtones.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze abuse on 23:14 - Jan 3 with 1630 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Eze abuse on 21:58 - Jan 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

This would be a strong statement against false accusations of racism, except for the fact that nobody called anyone else racist even once.

Welcome back Chubbs.

Yes agree with this. For the record, when I made the comparison to Sir Les I wasn't implying racism.

Just that fans will criticise players, even if they're one of the best of their generation.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eze abuse on 02:58 - Jan 4 with 1534 viewstimcocking

Eze abuse on 19:25 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

‘I think (prefer to hope) it's just to do with his indolent style. The way he moves, he does look lazy.’

Christ. And you’re on the pro-Eze side.

Peoplensaid this exact bollocks about Langers.

Excuse me, but what exact bollocks did i say?

I suggested he probably wasn't lazy, it's just his languid style. And i suggested people check the heart rate monitors and pedometers, which would settle this argument immediately without the need for unsubstantiated speculation.

So a very poor and needlessly aggressive comment from you imo.

By Langers, do you mean Richard Langley? Probably a pretty viable comparison. He certainly wasn't the hardest working player on the pitch either. Good player, though. Again, flair players like that need to conserve a little more energy for when it matters most. That isn't the same as being lazy, although i wouldn't call either of them workaholics. Langley was our best player at the time, though, so i would have just dismissed anybody moaning at him as being not very bright. If only we had somebody who could shoot a free kick like him now.

Ps I remember playing in a tournament in Bangkok once where i got to play as striker, because our regular goal scorer Ian was unavailable. I remember the manager taking me aside before the first match and telling me to work less. I usually played midfield and did tonnes of running, being from a family of Cornish county champion calibre athletes. Ian said that was fine when i was in a supporting role, but as main striker i needed to be rested and sharp at all times, so work less and goal-hang more. Nobody had ever recommended that i actually run less before. It helped me, i found it much easier not being permanently exhausted. (Goes without saying we won the tournament, yours truly top scorer). Nahki Wells has a superb work ethic for a striker. There have clearly been a couple of occasions where he has lacked a little composure, though. Probably because his heart rate will usually be higher than Eze's during a match. He'd have probably scored that tap in last week where he snatched at it and missed the ball altogether if he didn't spend so much time covering at full back. Although i love him covering back.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 3:34]
Eze abuse on 09:51 - Jan 4 with 1392 viewshubble

He's not lazy, he's Eze. Eze like a Sunday morning. I love him.

That anyone calling themselves a 'fan' would get on the back of a player like this, who should be celebrated and encouraged, beggars belief.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Eze abuse on 10:19 - Jan 4 with 1355 viewsTacticalR

I wonder if all along the problem has been that people didn't really understand his strengths?

'Released by Millwall in 2016 the 20-year-old struggled as a youngster, deemed too small by Arsenal before unsuccessful spells with Fulham and Reading. After convincing Chris Ramsey, the QPR technical director, Eze has not looked back since arriving at the club two years ago.'

Eberechi Eze: the young playmaker with the X factor at QPR
https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2018/nov/14/eberechi-e

Air hostess clique

Eze abuse on 10:37 - Jan 4 with 1330 viewsfrancisbowles

From what I can see on matchday and in the 'news', he seems a marvellous young man with an honest, hard working, respectful manner. His experiences of rejection have probably helped him to take on board all the coaching, help and advice of Chris Ramsey and those around him.

A potentially great flair player without the usual personal issues that come with it. Always respectful of his colleagues, the fans and the ref.

Well worth a place in our team and I have really enjoyed watching him. Tries to do what is asked of him and there is that unexpected wow factor.
Eze abuse on 10:39 - Jan 4 with 1318 viewsPikey

He's just so good to watch. Yeh he has off days but don't we all. we need to treasure this lad whilst he is here because hell be off at some point and we will miss his undoubted ability.
As others have said he is only 20 but has so much natural ability . of course a few more goals would help and they will come.
you cant beat quality and this lad has it and potential - that's a key word potential.
Eze abuse on 12:12 - Jan 4 with 1248 viewskensalriser

It really is mind-boggling that a player can be dismissed for being too small when for the last decade the best/second best (delete as appropriate) player in the world is 5' 7".

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze abuse on 12:31 - Jan 4 with 1223 viewsHantsR

Eze abuse on 10:39 - Jan 4 by Pikey

He's just so good to watch. Yeh he has off days but don't we all. we need to treasure this lad whilst he is here because hell be off at some point and we will miss his undoubted ability.
As others have said he is only 20 but has so much natural ability . of course a few more goals would help and they will come.
you cant beat quality and this lad has it and potential - that's a key word potential.

I love watching him and was so delighted for his sake when he scored.

In my 50+ years of watching the Rs I've learned to treasure having such players in the team as we don't half miss them when they've gone.
Eze abuse on 14:00 - Jan 4 with 1165 viewsYorkRanger

Personally I think he is a huge talent, that has been slightly overhyped and would certainly benefit from the odd game starting from the bench. That would also perhaps give us the benefit of seeing a bit more from Chair, who I think also looks promising but has been largely limited to a few minutes from the bench here and there.

Sadly I suspect Rangers are like most clubs in that they have a minority of supporters who like to moan and groan and get on the back of players and whilst down the years we have had certain players who have always been the target of abuse e.g. Falco, Ernie Howe, Steve Burke, Tony Sealy. some of our most liked players haven't been exempt from this either.
Eze abuse on 14:14 - Jan 4 with 1147 viewsMick_S

Eze abuse on 12:12 - Jan 4 by kensalriser

It really is mind-boggling that a player can be dismissed for being too small when for the last decade the best/second best (delete as appropriate) player in the world is 5' 7".

It is f'kin' clueless. I've mentioned on here before about a Rangers scout who dismissed signing a young goalkeeper from LNER club in Sudbury because "his Dad is too small."

The kid was standing next to his step-Dad.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024