Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth 10:23 - Apr 30 with 16361 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Now 1/3 favourite to be our new manager

Let’s Rock and Roll
Gareth Ainsworth on 13:26 - Apr 30 with 2795 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Gareth Ainsworth on 13:09 - Apr 30 by BlackCrowe

Wild Thing, ably assisted by Derry My Lord maybe? Kill two legends with one stone, good work that. (although i secretly quite like the dangerous prospect)

Done that before with Waddo and Macca
Gareth Ainsworth on 13:53 - Apr 30 with 2666 viewsolderR

He's been at Wycombe since 2012, second longest serving manager in top four divisions,
so he must be doing something right.
Gareth Ainsworth on 13:53 - Apr 30 with 2666 viewsNorthernr

Gareth Ainsworth on 12:29 - Apr 30 by Hooped_Pullie

What changes in 24 hours...Moore & Warburton the last two yesterday, now today Gareth is back in the frame.

At this rate, Holloway will be back as a surprise appointment

Said a couple of days ago, what's happening at the moment is we're meeting with and talking to several candidates, and each time we meet with somebody their odds crash through the floor. So last Tuesday Darren Moore was definitely getting it, then Thursday it was Warburton. It's what happens when people happily get their news from Get West London or Here is The City of Football Insider and believe what they're reading.
Gareth Ainsworth on 14:17 - Apr 30 with 2561 viewsswisscottage

I always think to how his managerial stint tarnished many peoples memories and opinions of Super Ray.

This job is a poisoned chalice, and one side of me would not want it to spoil many if not most QPR fans positive memories of Wild Thing, but on the other side, I think he's just the sort of manager we should be looking at used to operating on a shoestring, able to bring younger players through, and knows some of the gems in the lower leagues.

A manager who's been able to hold his post for 6 years at any football league club is someone we should seriously be considering given the parallels.
Gareth Ainsworth on 14:20 - Apr 30 with 2545 viewsNorthernr

Gareth Ainsworth on 14:17 - Apr 30 by swisscottage

I always think to how his managerial stint tarnished many peoples memories and opinions of Super Ray.

This job is a poisoned chalice, and one side of me would not want it to spoil many if not most QPR fans positive memories of Wild Thing, but on the other side, I think he's just the sort of manager we should be looking at used to operating on a shoestring, able to bring younger players through, and knows some of the gems in the lower leagues.

A manager who's been able to hold his post for 6 years at any football league club is someone we should seriously be considering given the parallels.

I don't think people understand the restrictions he's got there either. It gets mentioned a lot, but I'm not sure people realise just how tight it is at Wycombe. It's barely a League Two budget. His chapters in Living on the Volcano are eyeopening. There's a great line about him and his assistant having to go out and put the nets up each morning on each other's shoulders, Sunday league style, and doing Arsene Wenger and Steve Bould impressions while they're doing it.
Gareth Ainsworth on 14:28 - Apr 30 with 2501 viewsWokingR

Except that Waddock went about it like a complete arse dropping anyone senior who might have actually helped him
Gareth Ainsworth on 14:59 - Apr 30 with 2406 viewsLazyFan

Wild Thing would know where the real gems are in the lower leagues. Untapped talent as either he played against them or managed teams against them.

And he knows how to coach a team when things are against you.
And has stayed with a club for years.

This is what we need, up and coming, managers, who are hungry for success at a higher level with more resources than they have ever seen before and thus as crazy as it may sound to us they think QPR's situation is luxury. How many managers think that?

Luxury I tell you, Luxury!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Gareth Ainsworth on 15:05 - Apr 30 with 2381 viewsderbyhoop

Clickbait alert.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth on 15:06 - Apr 30 with 2375 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Having just been on a WW Forum I am quite warming to this idea.
Gareth Ainsworth on 15:07 - Apr 30 with 2370 viewsswisscottage

Gareth Ainsworth on 14:20 - Apr 30 by Northernr

I don't think people understand the restrictions he's got there either. It gets mentioned a lot, but I'm not sure people realise just how tight it is at Wycombe. It's barely a League Two budget. His chapters in Living on the Volcano are eyeopening. There's a great line about him and his assistant having to go out and put the nets up each morning on each other's shoulders, Sunday league style, and doing Arsene Wenger and Steve Bould impressions while they're doing it.

I took a look at the transfers in and out over the last three years.

Everything is loans and free. The total value of the loans and free over the three years balances almost to the £ over three years.

In comparison QPR even under FFP has so many more resources than he's been operating with, and I wonder whether he'd feel like he's in the candy store if he came here.
Gareth Ainsworth on 15:10 - Apr 30 with 2354 viewsRs_Holy

Gareth Ainsworth on 14:20 - Apr 30 by Northernr

I vaguely remember hearing something along the lines of Wycombe having the second lowest player budget in League 2 when they were promoted.
Gareth Ainsworth on 15:22 - Apr 30 with 2303 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Gareth Ainsworth on 15:07 - Apr 30 by swisscottage

Everything is loans and free. The total value of the loans and free over the three years balances almost to the £ over three years.

In comparison QPR even under FFP has so many more resources than he's been operating with, and I wonder whether he'd feel like he's in the candy store if he came here.

Even so, QPR would be a completely different prospect for Ainsworth. However, it’s exactly what we need, someone who can take us to a higher level than the rules and our finances theoretically allow.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Gareth Ainsworth on 15:23 - Apr 30 with 2294 viewsSir_Chops

Gareth Ainsworth on 15:07 - Apr 30 by swisscottage

Hopefully the old fashioned kind of candy store that measures out your portions for you from behind the counter. If he does get appointed, then he'll need to be willing to work with what the scouting network have presumably been unearthing and shortlisting over the last several months.
Gareth Ainsworth on 15:33 - Apr 30 with 2243 viewsdaveB

He's no more of a risk than any of the others. I'd be happy with him or Jackett
Gareth Ainsworth on 15:41 - Apr 30 with 2206 viewsWokingR

I'm not sure the hoops would be very flattering on Akinfenwa if he brought him with him.
Gareth Ainsworth on 15:49 - Apr 30 with 2173 viewsBuckR

Gareth Ainsworth on 15:41 - Apr 30 by WokingR

I'm not sure the hoops would be very flattering on Akinfenwa if he brought him with him.

Would still make Hemed look like Mo Farah though
Gareth Ainsworth on 15:53 - Apr 30 with 2151 viewsHunterhoop

Akinfenwa and Big Matt up front would be hilarious. Especially if we played it against the likes of Swansea or Fulham trying to play pretty football. Deal with those two!! It would not be pretty, but I think i’d enjoy it.
Gareth Ainsworth on 16:00 - Apr 30 with 2114 viewsloftboy

He knows where the back of the net is though, even if he is bigger than any Sunday league player I’ve ever reffed.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Gareth Ainsworth on 17:22 - Apr 30 with 1892 viewsGloucs_R

Does make you wonder if others have turned it down. Taking on QPR with no money is a massive risk to their CV. We are almost dead certs for relegation next season, who really wants to risk their career for that? At least with GA he cares, is passionate, expectations would be lower and he'd have most on side from day 1. It would be a real backs against the wall season.

As for lower league gems, even they cost money......if it's not free, they aint coming here.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Gareth Ainsworth on 17:25 - Apr 30 with 1887 viewsonlyrinmoray

If we are having any QPR legends back I would like Clint Hill not initially as manager, maybe assistant but long term as manager. I think he would sort out any wasters very quickly
Gareth Ainsworth on 17:30 - Apr 30 with 1867 viewsdaveB

Gareth Ainsworth on 17:25 - Apr 30 by onlyrinmoray

If we are having any QPR legends back I would like Clint Hill not initially as manager, maybe assistant but long term as manager. I think he would sort out any wasters very quickly

He didn't sort them out when he played in the biggest team of wasters. I loved Hill but not sure why he should be considered.
Gareth Ainsworth on 17:45 - Apr 30 with 1803 viewsSimonJames

Irrespective of the lack of resources he's had to deal with, in a 7 season spell he's only finished in the top half of the table 3 times, avoided relegation from the leagues based on goal difference, has only achieved one promotion (via playoffs), and is currently 6 places below Joey Barton.
I don't see how that equips him to rescue the basket case that is QPR.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Gareth Ainsworth on 17:52 - Apr 30 with 1788 viewsPunteR

Gareth Ainsworth on 17:45 - Apr 30 by SimonJames

Irrespective of the lack of resources he's had to deal with, in a 7 season spell he's only finished in the top half of the table 3 times, avoided relegation from the leagues based on goal difference, has only achieved one promotion (via playoffs), and is currently 6 places below Joey Barton.

I'm with you on this one.
I think everyone's got their blue and white goggles on.
There is no way he'll be given the same time in the job as WW either.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gareth Ainsworth on 18:05 - Apr 30 with 1741 viewsted_hendrix

These are the points are was trying to make earlier in this thread, it might work out it might not, were already suffering lower crowds and fans not renewing ST's another season like we've just had and the tables will soon turn again.
Its not just a risk its a huge risk, I honestly don't see what difference GA can make to QPR given his current CV which I don't believe is all that great tbh.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gareth Ainsworth on 18:33 - Apr 30 with 1662 viewsRangersw12

Got a team promoted and kept them in that league on a very low budget

Seems to be good with young players and has decent standards which is something we have lacked the last few years

He isn't my 1st choice but would be happy with this appointment
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024